• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

On removing the Tank:

"We don't want something taking away from the player vs player dynamic."

Yet bots and magic. Wonderful logic.

Oh, look, The Last of Us "Apocalypse" skins.

Nev

Banned
Classic mode by far the most mentioned thing in the chat; still completely ignored despite talking about other things that were mentioned much less frequently. Downright disrespectful at this point. Also, yet another heavily team oriented mode, yay.

Edit: Just now they mentioned Classic mode, they said it's something they'll consider now that they're done with this DLC. There's still hope for this game I guess.

Wowbagger

On removing the Tank:

"We don't want something taking away from the player vs player dynamic."

Yet bots and magic. Wonderful logic.

I know you hate the game and all, but come on! Surely you understand that a player using the strategic options in the game to turn a fight in his favour is not the same thing as the map itself fucking you over by spawning a tank at an inopportune moment.

I know you hate the game and all, but come on! Surely you understand that a player using the strategic options in the game to turn a fight in his favour is not the same thing as the map itself fucking you over by spawning a tank at an inopportune moment.
Personally, I never felt like that... even when the attack chopper showed up in Highrise.

Dynamic events are cool, as long as they don't cause lag...

eFKac

Maybe they could remove Ranked and merge Classic/TDM in the same playlist.

I wouldn't want to lose ranked.

Average player skill in TDM is very low, there is zero challenge there, you're mowing through them like through bots usually.

In ranked from Platinum on, you usually play against good players and matches are fun.

I wouldn't want to lose ranked.

Average player skill in TDM is very low, there is zero challenge there, you're mowing through them like through bots usually.

In ranked from Platinum on, you usually play against good players and matches are fun.
If Ranked is here to stay, I'd prefer Ranked Plunder or Command (with the Captain system disabled). TDM with camping and lagging is not very competitive.

Of course I understand the difference, I just thought their "excuse" was hilarious, they should've just said, "Too much work, we didn't want to do it."

Besides, the Tank rolled through at the same time, every match -- unless the host quit, then the timer reset. Same with every map event in U2. If you knew the event times, you could use them to your advantage, just like popping out a bot or magic.

eFKac

C4 nerf, not sure if I should stick with it or go back to the grenade...

Anyone remembers the previous cooldowns for C4?

Classic mode would be a huge waste of time. People need to get over it.

Id be pissed if they added classic over a new mode like bounty hunter.

Ranked needs to go. Ideally:

-TDM Mercenary (no parties)
-TDM
-Plunder
-Command
-Bounty Hunter
-Team Objective (which could also eliminate Plunder as a dedicated playlist)

Plunder is really bad in UC4

Of course I understand the difference, I just thought their "excuse" was hilarious, they should've just said, "Too much work, we didn't want to do it."

Besides, the Tank rolled through at the same time, every match -- unless the host quit, then the timer reset. Same with every map event in U2. If you knew the event times, you could use them to your advantage, just like popping out a bot or magic.

The tank barely did anything. It wasnt something you could easily have any control over.

No need to cheese the scores with A.I kills.

No. TO should eliminate Command (it's basically Turf War with a welfare twist).

Sure. I just think ranked hurts the matchmaking and you dont need a ranked system to play competitively

Usually, when you have a parties only mode, it invites competitive players to it, without shitty matchmaking algorithms and all that crap that bogs down mathmaking.

Nev

Banned
Ranked needs to go. Ideally:

-TDM Mercenary (no parties)
-TDM
-Plunder
-Command
-Bounty Hunter
-Team Objective (which could also eliminate Plunder as a dedicated playlist)

Command is the one that needs to go. Replace it with Team Objective. After all, it's only one of the mini-modes of of Team Objective, I hope they replace it with TO once they have time to finish the other mini-modes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Why can't we get UC2 music in the game like in the beginning of that Bounty Hunter trailer? It would be so amazing to get classic tracks in this MP.

Also, apparently if you were level 70 already, all the XP you earned will be applied when you log in so you can technically level up to 80 if you earned enough XP while you were max rank. Honestly.... I think I'm going to be level 80 when i log in 😂

eFKac

Why can't we get UC2 music in the game like in the beginning of that Bounty Hunter trailer? It would be so amazing to get classic tracks in this MP.

Also, apparently if you were level 70 already, all the XP you earned will be applied when you log in so you can technically level up to 80 if you earned enough XP while you were max rank. Honestly.... I think I'm going to be level 80 when i log in 😂

Damn, I'm playing a lot (Although mostly TDM) and I'm like lvl 57 right now, and it only gets worse.

Level 80...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn, I'm playing a lot (Although mostly TDM) and I'm like lvl 57 right now, and it only gets worse.

Level 80...
I played command almost exclusively when levels were introduced because that's where you get the most XP. In TDM, I averaged around 2-3k XP per match while in command I average around 4-6k XP per match.

eFKac

Shield is pretty deadly from my short experience with it.

The activation time is short and you can basically easily reverse a 2 vs 1 scenario.

AKyemeni

Bounty Hunter is a blast to play. Lots of coordination involved.

All the weapons feel good, except the purchaseable shotgun, which is pure ass. LOL and they make it 5 loadout points. Who would pick it over the Condor?

Nev

Banned
New mode is surprisingly decent, it feels actually different because objectives feel like an absolute priority. It gets really chaotic in a good way, and it's refreshing that people aren't camping the whole goddamn match like in RTDM. At times it reminds me of TO, with the KOTH and marked man elements. Not as great, but at this point anything is better than the boring campfest that is TDM. Plunder is not as good because of the absurd 8 player limit, and it's a shame.

One bad thing I've noticed though is that the FPS get noticeable lower while playing BH because of the absolute chaos.

Village is good, but I'd have preferred the U2 setting instead of the daytime of U3. It needs U2's music replacing U4's too, like in the trailer.

Village is good, but I'd have preferred the U2 setting instead of the daytime of U3. It needs U2's music replacing U4's too, like in the trailer.

Yeah, I never liked the sunny version -- it looks incredible like that in the SP, but the sunny MP version always looked bad to me.

They should've made it snowy for U4, then each iteration would've had it's own atmosphere.

Bounty Hunter is a pretty nice mode, though I can see it turning into a complete campfest.

They made some dumb changes to Village -- completely closing off the ground floor of the Deagle building? A random door on the hammer pagoda, why? The stupid wall on the wood platform into Blue house because?.. Being unable to climb up/jump off the alley-side roof of Deagle for... reasons?

Top Bottom