• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I don't like the current prices, but I was able to buy 3 chests as soon as the patch came out.

I'll probably unlock the rest of them in October...

Can't wait to hook up my PS4 again and start playing. Moving home at the moment but I haven't had chance to play either of the two maps yet! The western weapons look really neat too. For me Uncharted 4 is shaping up to be my favourite multiplayer shooter on the PS4. My previous favourite was probably Killzone Shadowfall.

Just need to make the netcode better now, that would be the biggest change I'm hoping for. Reduced tick rate.
5 Hz for dial up users? :p

ps: KZ:SF was really underrated. Even the free DLC content couldn't compensate its lack of aim assist (high learning curve)...

Foxxsoxx

I don't like the current prices, but I was able to buy 3 chests as soon as the patch came out.

I'll probably unlock the rest of them in October...

Yeah the price of chests on sale are so much more reasonable, it blows my mind. There is a grind and then there is whatever we have.

Good patch though, all the content is great.

chaosaeon

Bounty Hunter is an odd way of spelling Classic Mode. Guess I misread the billion pages of requests all over their forums.

Oh, and what is wrong with matchmaking sometimes ? Spent 20 minutes (timed it for the lols) looking for a plunder match the other night before giving up. The window reads searching, searching, then "found players" start lining up, then while it's already found several or 2/3 the players, randomly the search window just resets, all the players disappear back to "searching" again repeatedly. Over and over never keeping all the players it found. Either that, or I end up playing the same group of people every match most of which seem nowhere near me geographically for some wonderfully bad lag and hit detection at times too. I have some comically bad video clips of people killing me by shooting 2 shots total from assault rifles that also hit nowhere me. Actually I have one where someone downs me with the HS39 in the 1 second I downed him with a sniper headshot. TTK in this game is whatever it feels like that match. I thought that nonsense from Uncharted 2 and 3 MP would be fixed either by it being a PS4 game or by PSPlus being paid for but I guess not. I have less matchmaking and hit detection issues in Blacklight and that game's free.

stryke

Headshot + glitched T pose + background explosion = awesome

wfpyan.gif

Keep complaining about the high relics requirement for DLC's and ND will be going back to paid DLC's in their next game. I don't know about you guys, but I vastly prefer really expensive in game currency (earnable by playing) for DLC over paid DLC.

If it means UC2/3 DLC prices and rollout of new content, is better than this shitshow method.

Play for ages to take a gamble on RNG, for weeks on end on average, months if unlucky, or pay £7 for what cost 79 pence in UC3.

I'll take the 79p.

They didnt even reduce the older dlc did they? Making them 2000 Relics would be nice.

Im assuming they just rely on double relic weekends to balance things out

Nev

Banned
After grinding 3000 relics I open a chest with hopes of getting at least one of the weapons or mystical, instead I get the booster for charging the rope melee and silent assassin! WOOO! Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to grind another 3k relics so I can have a RNG chance to get the ONE thing I want! That, if I manage to get in a match that isn't created only to return you to matchmaking after a few seconds, and if I'm not paired with downright BOTS. They make the matchmaking a laggy endless mess because it would help pairing you with similarly skilled people. Hahahaha.

Fuck. Off.

ND is predictable at this point of time... just save your relics (up to 10k) for the next discount event (around November or December). 10000 / 750 = 13 chests

If it means UC2/3 DLC prices and rollout of new content, is better than this shitshow method.

Play for ages to take a gamble on RNG, for weeks on end on average, months if unlucky, or pay £7 for what cost 79 pence in UC3.

I'll take the 79p.
I still don't want to go back to the Default/DLC nonsense.

Hell, I could even argue that Plunder needs to be merged with another playlist (Ranked maybe?). It's almost impossible to find enough players to start a match (I know this is dependent on many factors, but many people have noticed it). Or they could at least make it more rewarding (TWE medal, generous relic bonus for quick wins).

The only thing that worries me is that we won't get more maps after Autumn 2016 (according to the roadmap). Will we get enough new & old (remade) maps until then, let alone Lab maps? Also, don't forget that ND didn't have to make 4K re-remasters 5 years ago. Seriously, they should outsource that shit to another studio. TLOU @ 4k30 feels ridiculous after praising the smoothness of 1080p60. Thank you Sony for moving the goalposts.

Djostikk

After grinding 3000 relics I open a chest with hopes of getting at least one of the weapons or mystical, instead I get the booster for charging the rope melee and silent assassin! WOOO! Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to grind another 3k relics so I can have a RNG chance to get the ONE thing I want! That, if I manage to get in a match that isn't created only to return you to matchmaking after a few seconds, and if I'm not paired with downright BOTS. They make the matchmaking a laggy endless mess because it would help pairing you with similarly skilled people. Hahahaha.

Fuck. Off.

Chill, dude.

Djostikk

Barely a week from a new mode and map and it's harder than ever before to find a match. Weeknights suck.

Same for me. It's sad that Multiplayer is dying right in your eyes. Haven't even seen that in Titanfall on PC (people still play it, only attrition though).

Yea sbmm needs to be toned down a lot. Running in to the same laggy players over and over again. 1 match and I turn this garbage of again. And it's purely because of the matchmaking

Nev

Banned
I honestly refuse to believe the matchmaking problems come exclusively from a lack of players. I mean it's not the most popular game but there are people playing Uncharted 2 to this day, I won't believe there is not ONE person searching for a game when there's that one slot left for 10 minutes, either in pre-game or during the match. The matchmaking is absolutely terrible, it takes ages and it usually resets for apparently no reason. They either remove this SBMM crap -is it even working anyways? I get put with the most terrible players every time- or the game will die for real because people will think nobody's playing.

If any of the TDM modes has to go it should be regular TDM. Ranked has its niche and it doesn't change the game at all, it's still TDM. You can still kill people "for fun" and play casually in BH or the other modes, it's not like they're much different.

Djostikk

I honestly refuse to believe the matchmaking problems come exclusively from a lack of players. I mean it's not the most popular game but there are people playing Uncharted 2 to this day, I won't believe there is not ONE person searching for a game when there's that one slot left for 10 minutes, either in pre-game or during the match. The matchmaking is absolutely terrible, it takes ages and it usually resets for apparently no reason. They either remove this SBMM crap -is it even working anyways? I get put with the most terrible players every time- or the game will die for real because people will think nobody's playing.

If any of the TDM modes has to go it should be regular TDM. Ranked has its niche and it doesn't change the game at all, it's still TDM. You can still kill people "for fun" and play casually in BH or the other modes, it's not like they're much different.

Yeah, how is this even works, I don't know. There are should be a lot of people playing Uncharted 4, at least enough to full one lobby, As I said, even Titanfall on PC finds TDM game in 10-30 seconds, and this is after saying that game is dead. I agree with Nev that this is not just about lack of players.

SBMM splits the existing pool into small sub-pools... this affects some people more than others. Player_A who lives in London may not be affected as much as Player_B who lives in Oceania.

It's stupid to assume that a universal skill-based algorithm would work well for everyone. Just make it 100% (not 50%) ping-based and focus on other issues.

Yeah BH is pretty much a glorified TDM mode. Just get rid of one of the TDM modes. And then add Team Objective, dammit.

Rated-G

Honestly I feel like if one of the TDM modes has to go, it should be ranked. If people just continue to play TDM but all that's left is ranked, then it'll just cause additional frustration to the player who take ranked seriously that now have to deal with these players.

Also what's the deal with the shotgun teams now? It's getting incredibly irritating, I'd never run into this before but the past few nights about 4 of every 5 games of Control I play are against a team that isn't going for the objective, all armed with the same shotguns, getting kills from any distance. They lose, but they're getting 5-6k points at the end of the match anyway. It's becoming super annoying and incredibly difficult to counter if you're not in a party. Even if I'm still getting the win, I'm not getting a lot of exp or progress toward challenges, so it's a pretty empty win.

AKyemeni

Honestly I feel like if one of the TDM modes has to go, it should be ranked. If people just continue to play TDM but all that's left is ranked, then it'll just cause additional frustration to the player who take ranked seriously that now have to deal with these players.

Also what's the deal with the shotgun teams now? It's getting incredibly irritating, I'd never run into this before but the past few nights about 4 of every 5 games of Control I play are against a team that isn't going for the objective, all armed with the same shotguns, getting kills from any distance. They lose, but they're getting 5-6k points at the end of the match anyway. It's becoming super annoying and incredibly difficult to counter if you're not in a party. Even if I'm still getting the win, I'm not getting a lot of exp or progress toward challenges, so it's a pretty empty win.
They buffed the damage on the spezzotti shotgun.

Rated-G

They buffed the damage on the spezzotti shotgun.

Man... on paper it didn't sound like a big deal but it's become more prevalent in my games than even the P90 ever did. I keep running into teams of 3-5 people just mowing down everyone with them and hunters. Even if I'm ready for it, my teammates never are. The range on it seems particularly excessive, based on my experience on the receiving end.

5 Hz for dial up users? :p

ps: KZ:SF was really underrated. Even the free DLC content couldn't compensate its lack of aim assist (high learning curve)...

1 HZ for my wifi right now.

That's partly why I haven't hooked the PS4 up sooner, why bother if I'm going to white plug.

Seriously though I meant increased tick rate or a dynamic system.

skelekey

Is it me or is damage way up, especially on weapons with more bullet damage? I've run into some ak players and I'm down before I can think. Spezotti and pistole also down in 2 shots now. I used to run around godlike with my XCR, but now these matchups can go either way. also I two shotted sombody down with the shotgun from almost mid range. Did I miss an update?

Edit: Certified I just downed somebody with the spezotti at mid range. My team armed with two guys with shotguns and one on pistole just obliterated the other guys 600 to 180 in bounty. What's more is that you can now shotgun and steelfist.

Mediking

Coming winter 2017 and it'll be all exploring houses with triangle prompts. That, or it'll be based off the next favorite game of Druckmann. We've got Life is Strange and Brothers so far. I hope he beats Bloodborne next so we have some actual gameplay in the DLC and it's not all X mashing walls and inspecting objects.

In all seriousness, I hope Chloe and Cutter are in it and it's not focused on fucking Sam again (it will be).

I want the single player DLC to focus on Nadine and Chloe. We gotta find out what happens to Nadine!!! And I wanna see what happened to Chloe! No more Sully and Sam!!!!

Is it me or is damage way up, especially on weapons with more bullet damage? I've run into some ak players and I'm down before I can think. Spezotti and pistole also down in 2 shots now. I used to run around godlike with my XCR, but now these matchups can go either way. also I two shotted sombody down with the shotgun from almost mid range. Did I miss an update?

Edit: Certified I just downed somebody with the spezotti at mid range. My team armed with two guys with shotguns and one on pistole just obliterated the other guys 600 to 180 in bounty. What's more is that you can now shotgun and steelfist.
The return of Tactical Shotgun. Now all we need is Bodyshot Wizardry to make a comeback...

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm happy that the Spezzotti is damned good for a change. Don't even think it's OP but rather right where it should be, unless the auto aim assist makes it godly somehow.

skelekey

Shit is devastating. I just went 21downs/21ko's and 8 deaths to lead my team in a bounty win, in a comeback match because I late joined where the other team had 200+ points to our 50.

Silenced spezotti can be ridiculous.

So who still plays? Some of the regs I used to play with have resubscribed to their Destiny addiction so I'd love to find more GAF peeps to play with!

Drencrom

I'm happy that the Spezzotti is damned good for a change. Don't even think it's OP but rather right where it should be, unless the auto aim assist makes it godly somehow.

Yeah, it's actually viable now. Don't understand why they didn't they adress it in the patch notes.

Rated-G

Yeah, it's actually viable now. Don't understand why they didn't they adress it in the patch notes.

Having spent the past few nights using it, it's definitely tempting to change up my style. I still feel like the range is a big excessive though. For example, in the Village, at Command point B I shouldn't be able to down someone from the opposite outer wall of the square. Took two quick body shots, with no interference from other players, same as if I had been breathing down their neck.

skelekey

This shotgun buff is bananas. I was just in a match where the other team was shit talking before the match. My team just happened to have all shotguns and about 5 minutes in they had all quit save for one guy. They we're complaining about the shotguns the whole time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Some people are saying ND reverted back the shotgun buff.

And if you ask me, they definitely did. Everyone who is using it sucks ass with it now that it's back to 60 damage lol

They've tried using it on me in 1v1 situations and failing every single time.

Some people are saying ND reverted back the shotgun buff.

And if you ask me, they definitely did. Everyone who is using it sucks ass with it now that it's back to 60 damage lol

They've tried using it on me in 1v1 situations and failing every single time.
Damn, that was quick... I just wanted to unlock some hero weapons, lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn, that was quick... I just wanted to unlock some hero weapons, lol.
I hear ya. I've got em all. I am actually pretty decent with it (Rafe's), so I know how deadly it can be when played correctly which made me a little hesitant to accept a buff. Now that I experienced this stealth buff where it's actually viable to aim, I was honestly unstoppable in every match I used it. 😂

Top Bottom