• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Javin98

Banned
Curious about this as well. When I first saw it I thought it would be like the Frontier Rifle from TLOU MP. It seems really hard to use tho.

Is the Harrison 1890 bad then? That's what had me interested to be honest. :(
It's actually a pretty decent gun once you get the hang of it. It's best used at mid range and perhaps even long range but it goes without saying you will get wrecked at close range. So be sure to pair it up with a Fossa to switch to in close range combat.

Yep. Anoher weapon named after a ND employee is the Agarwal pistol (Vinit Agarwal).

That's cool.

I wonder why those guys / names were chosen. I wonder if they have a system or who gets picked, they were just the ones that wanted their name on a gun or maybe someone looked at all the names in the office and decied they were most suitable. :p

The Harrison 1890 is so freaking bad.

Why would you use this instead of a FAL?

Slower TTK up close, slower TTK at range, no option to scope, more significant effect of damage dropoff. More risk associated with each shot (fully automatics and burst fire weapons don't deal 0 damage if you miss with a single bullet).

It's like it's designed to be a high reward, high risk weapon but the reward (fast TTK) just isn't there. Yet the FAL is high reward as you can one-burst people with headshots, or two burst for a very fast TTK, and yet doesn't carry much risk either as you can afford to miss a bullet or two and still get a down in 2-3 bursts.

It wouldn't be disappointing if not for the fact that this is the only really interesting weapon in the DLC pack. The Low is a fully automatic, so that's utterly unremarkable, albeit effective. I'll admit the DC Single Action is fun though.

Drencrom

The Harrison 1890 is so freaking bad.

Why would you use this instead of a FAL?

Slower TTK up close, slower TTK at range, no option to scope, more significant effect of damage dropoff. More risk associated with each shot (fully automatics and burst fire weapons don't deal 0 damage if you miss with a single bullet).

It's like it's designed to be a high reward, high risk weapon but the reward (fast TTK) just isn't there. Yet the FAL is high reward as you can one-burst people with headshots, or two burst for a very fast TTK, and yet doesn't carry much risk either as you can afford to miss a bullet or two and still get a down in 2-3 bursts.

It wouldn't be disappointing if not for the fact that this is the only really interesting weapon in the DLC pack. The Low is a fully automatic, so that's utterly unremarkable, albeit effective. I'll admit the DC Single Action is fun though.

Yeah, the Harrison is cool and all but I don't find it very effective in either long/mid range or close range. The DC Single Action and LoweS are really great and fun to use though so I'm not too miffed.

While I do decent enough with the Harrison 1890, I do hope it gets a slight buff, preferably to damage.

I mean my first game with it was pretty bad as I was getting used to the gun. I think I just barely broke even. The second game was 16:16:3 which I thought was pretty decent but there was absolutely no circumstance where I felt anything I achieved couldn't be done better with another weapon.

Making matters worse when I did die, or fail to kill someone that poked out of cover I often got the impression that if I was using something else then it would have happened a little differently. On so many occasions I would have been able to put the target down if I was using the FAL rather than the Harrison, and because it feels far worse up-close than the FAL, I frequently felt vulnerable while moving around the map without team mates.

Another big issue with the gun is the spread too. After the first shot it becomes super inaccurate... again, not something you have to deal with when using its superior alternatives. I think they need to tighten the spread and increase the damage output to make it a two shot kill. If that's liable to be overpowered then they simply need to reduce the fire rate a little.

I've been out for a while, does the AK still dominate or what?

I noticed they nerfed indra's eternity, what else? Is the shotgun decent finally?

also why does the hunter still exist

stryke

I've been out for a while, does the AK still dominate or what?

I noticed they nerfed indra's eternity, what else? Is the shotgun decent finally?

also why does the hunter still exist

Pretty sure they've left the AK untouched since launch. Still good all rounder.

Shotgun had a brief moment of beastiness which quietly came and went. May have been unintentional.

alright I guess I'll just look up the patch notes and see

right now i'm running mp43, para .45, staff and grenades and various boosters

I'm saving up for the DLC gameplay chests and it isn't actually that much of a grind assuming you get multiple items in one chest

However, I got top spot in all 3 of my placement matches by a longshot, won 2 out of 3 and got silver 1

huh?

Christos

Pretty sure they've left the AK untouched since launch. Still good all rounder.

Shotgun had a brief moment of beastiness which quietly came and went. May have been unintentional.

Wait they reversed the buff the shotgun had?

Or do you mean it's not used as much?

I'm saving up for the DLC gameplay chests and it isn't actually that much of a grind assuming you get multiple items in one chest

Sidearms and boosters come in pairs, long guns, power weapons and mysticals come by themselves. You have to buy 7 chests to get all dlc gameplay items from a single update. We've had 2 big updates so far, so that's 14 chests if you haven't purchased any gameplay items whatsoever.

Foxxsoxx

So I had teammates tonight that managed to go 0-10 three games in a row this morning. I think I'm going to end it right now. What's even the point of living any more ):

It isn't though. I always do great with it the majority of the time. People don't know how to play aggressively with it in addition to picking the correct boosters, IMO.
What are the good boosters for it? Right now I'm not sure what the good/bad boosters are in general let alone for a specific gun.

Also am I right in thinking that the teleport is useless? I don't have it for myself but from the trial it seemed kinda pointless.

Foxxsoxx

What are the good boosters for it? Right now I'm not sure what the good/bad boosters are in general let alone for a specific gun.

Also am I right in thinking that the teleport is useless? I don't have it for myself but from the trial it seemed kinda pointless.

The teleport isn't great with the other options available. Good boosters in general are stealth, mark on damage, scavenger 1, hardened and ghost.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

For the spezzoti, I use lock and load 2, grenade, Djinn with increased duration, the blindfire mod, your pistol of your choice, and helping hand 3. The current shotgun is a blindfire weapon since it'll do its best damage that way, so if you're good at getting really close to people (playing aggressive), it'll do you wonders.

I could replace helping hand 3, but I'd never do it. All my loadouts need to have it. I can't stand it when people don't have that booster on, especially when downs and revives are a major component of this MP.

Also, marking > mark on damage.

As for the teleport mystical, it's good with the quick escape mod. If you're ever in a pinch and you activate it on time, you'll escape safely from getting downed/killed. I like it better than the juggernaut mystical.

Yeah I used to enjoy using it in Command while I was the Captain or to get to the Captain.

Yeah you can use it to push towards the enemy captain, push onto your captain to save, push onto team mates to reinforce a capture point quickly.

It's far more useful in objective based modes than it is in TDM, that's the biggest problem really.

TripOpt55

What have your guys' go-to loadouts been lately? I am always looking to tweak mine and having to with various balance changes and would be curious what people have settled on. Lately I have settled in with the HS39, C4, Helping Hand and Mark on Damage being a part of the loadout, but other stuff is in flux. I usually spend my in-game cash on C4 upgrades first and then whatever else I have in my loadout, but I haven't found anything I love. (I was using Indra's Eternity exclusively before they nerfed that so hard... sorry I know, I'm the worst! It was just too good.) Sounds like many of you have many different loadouts though. I mostly just play TDM though, so only have a few.

I'd really like try the Lowe-S. Looking at the DLC weapons that'd be the closest to being my kind of weapon. I guess I should start buying the gameplay chests. I was wasting my relics on cosmetic stuff so far!

Foxxsoxx

What have your guys' go-to loadouts been lately? I am always looking to tweak mine and having to with various balance changes and would be curious what people have settled on. Lately I have settled in with the HS39, C4, Helping Hand and Mark on Damage being a part of the loadout, but other stuff is in flux. I usually spend my in-game cash on C4 upgrades first and then whatever else I have in my loadout, but I haven't found anything I love. (I was using Indra's Eternity exclusively before they nerfed that so hard... sorry I know, I'm the worst! It was just too good.) Sounds like many of you have many different loadouts though. I mostly just play TDM though, so only have a few.

I'd really like try the Lowe-S. Looking at the DLC weapons that'd be the closest to being my kind of weapon. I guess I should start buying the gameplay chests. I was wasting my relics on cosmetic stuff so far!

The Lowe is fun to use, especially with the extended mag, plenty of ammo against multiple enemies, it reminds me of the machine gun heavy weapon and I love it.

The teleport isn't great with the other options available. Good boosters in general are stealth, mark on damage, scavenger 1, hardened and ghost.

For the spezzoti, I use lock and load 2, grenade, Djinn with increased duration, the blindfire mod, your pistol of your choice, and helping hand 3. The current shotgun is a blindfire weapon since it'll do its best damage that way, so if you're good at getting really close to people (playing aggressive), it'll do you wonders.

I could replace helping hand 3, but I'd never do it. All my loadouts need to have it. I can't stand it when people don't have that booster on, especially when downs and revives are a major component of this MP.

Also, marking > mark on damage.

As for the teleport mystical, it's good with the quick escape mod. If you're ever in a pinch and you activate it on time, you'll escape safely from getting downed/killed. I like it better than the juggernaut mystical.
thanks for the tips, I usually use cash drip and explosive awareness but I guess I can drop cash drip and explosive awareness isn't as needed anymore since mines seemed to have been nerfed.

Foxxsoxx

thanks for the tips, I usually use cash drip and explosive awareness but I guess I can drop cash drip and explosive awareness isn't as needed anymore since mines seemed to have been nerfed.

Cash drip is pretty bad honestly. In theory it sounds good, but it barely increases cash gained every 10 seconds or so. Something like mark on damage not only marks enemies when you shoot them, but you gain cash every time you do.

Explosive awareness is good, but not 100% needed once you get comfortable with things.

////

Also yeah lol guys, my roommate walked into the room when that gif happened originally and he asked why I play this game xD

If anyone is interested by the way, myself and a few GAFers still play ranked on a regular basis and we're always looking for additional players to play with.

We play with a couple of players who don't use mics, but generally mics are preferred.

Hit me up if you'd like to play. Last season we hit master and some of us are still looking to make it to master before the end of this season. My PSN is the same as my username here.

TripOpt55

I tried out the Lowe S via the premade loadout and really liked it. Not sure if I like it better than the HS39, but I'd like to see what I could do with it with a loadout of my choosing around it. Really want that Apocalypse Elena skin too. Hope I get lucky because I have a lot available in those chests still!

Rajang

omg

I'm having no luck with the gameplay DLC chest.

All I want is the Lowe S, I dont know how many chests I unlocked, maybe 6 or 7. I think I have everything except for the two long guns. smh, I bet the last chest I unlock is the one I want.

The grind has been ridiculous.

Rated-G

omg

I'm having no luck with the gameplay DLC chest.

All I want is the Lowe S, I dont know how many chests I unlocked, maybe 6 or 7. I think I have everything except for the two long guns. smh, I bet the last chest I unlock is the one I want.

The grind has been ridiculous.

I think we're due for some (hopefully free) Halloween skins and a chest sale.

Electret

If anyone is interested by the way, myself and a few GAFers still play ranked on a regular basis and we're always looking for additional players to play with.

We play with a couple of players who don't use mics, but generally mics are preferred.

Hit me up if you'd like to play. Last season we hit master and some of us are still looking to make it to master before the end of this season. My PSN is the same as my username here.

I've been looking to play with folks with mics recently, so I was excited to respond to your post - then I remembered I'm pretty mediocre and would probably drag you guys down. Nevertheless, my PSN is QuantumJazz. Feel free to add.

This can also serve as a general shoutout to anyone who wants to play with others who use a mic. I'm not talking about anything serious or super-skilled. Any skill level, really. I'd just like to find some folks who use mics to play with on a semi-regular basis. As much as I enjoy UC4 multi in general, I'm tiring slightly of playing exclusively with randoms who by and large remain silent.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This game's matchmaking is such a piece of shit. I don't care if I've complained about this garbage skill based MM a million times in this thread. I will keep bringing it up until they address this crap system. Every single match, I get enemy teams that are my skill level, but my team mates are noobs. HOW is this fucking fair? Every single match I get people who go 0-1-15 or 0-0-10. This is ridiculous.

BHK3

Banned
This game's matchmaking is such a piece of shit. I don't care if I've complained about this garbage skill based MM a million times in this thread. I will keep bringing it up until they address this crap system. Every single match, I get enemy teams that are my skill level, but my team mates are noobs. HOW is this fucking fair? Every single match I get people who go 0-1-15 or 0-0-10. This is ridiculous.
Same system since U2, they'll never fix it. I'll never forget the days of regular digits teammates going up against XX and XXX's.

Last night we were playing ranked with four of us in the party, our average rank was diamond or so.

We had a random join our team and finish with 14 deaths to 2 KOs.

At the end of the game I asked him if he was trying to lose us the game. He said something along the lines of 'I'm so sorry I haven't played that map before' and then told me the loss had made him drop 'back to silver 2'.

Why was a silver 2 player placed into a diamond rank match? Note, the enemy team was favoured to win, so it doesn't even make sense to suggest the matchmaking was trying to 'balance' things out.

Also, why would someone play ranked if they're unfamiliar with the game and maps? Why put yourself through that?

I think in about 30 games over the last 3 days we have had one where our team is favoured to win, and 29 where the enemy team is favoured. It's insane how messed up the ranked matchmaking is.

Last night we were playing ranked with four of us in the party, our average rank was diamond or so.

At the end of the game I asked him if he was trying to lose us the game. He said something along the lines of 'I'm so sorry I haven't played that map before' and then told me the loss had made him drop 'back to silver 2'.

Why was a silver 2 player placed into a diamond rank match? Note, the enemy team was favoured to win, so it doesn't even make sense to suggest the matchmaking was trying to 'balance' things out.

Also, why would someone play ranked if they're unfamiliar with the game and maps? Why put yourself through that?

I think in about 30 games over the last 3 days we have had one where our team is favoured to win, and 29 where the enemy team is favoured. It's insane how messed up the ranked matchmaking is.
Maybe he had a "complete 3 Ranked matches" challenge or something like that.

SBMM is the absolute cancer of this game (well, apart from the netcode/15 Hz crap) and Ranked makes it even worse, since it splits the pool into many sub-sub-pools. I understand that ND wanted to add an extra competitive twist to their game, but unfortunately the pool is not that big to afford it in the first place.

Because in most MP games ranked is where you earn XP and level up, and unranked you don't and nothing matters.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Poor guy, he probably felt humiliated after that.

Have you ever seen anyone ending up with a huge negative score (0-0-13) and on top of that not even getting a single treasure ($200 welfare, courtesy of ND)?

I also noticed a weird cinema bug today... I had a nice 4v5 clutch win and the cinema file was abruptly finished a few seconds before the end. It was the first time I tried to use the cinema feature to record a match in this game, so I guess I shouldn't trust it that much. I thought we wouldn't experience buggy cinema files on the PS4 with its vast amount of RAM.

TripOpt55

Started using the Lowe-S. I'm doing about on par with how I was doing with the HS39, so I think I'll continue with it and see if I can improve. Honestly just enjoying using a new weapon. Only played a handful of matches with it so far. Still working on unlocking mods/Hero weapons. Not sure if any of them will be worth using. I used recoil with the HS, but that isn't an issue with the Lowe.

Top Bottom