• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Rated-G

Yup.

And it comes with an Exclusive DLC skin.

I had the exclusive skin from ESC toy in Uncharted 3, and I never encountered another player with it. I might get this for my wife... it's actually cheaper than the non possible ones they had for Uncharted 4.

Poor guy, he probably felt humiliated after that.

I mean, I told him there was no hard feelings and wished him luck in his ranked pursuit. We both basically agreed that it was Naughtydog's fault for placing him in the wrong lobby not his fault for being bad.

He wasn't at the skill level to match the lobby which obviously made his performance stand out as remarkably bad in comparison to everyone else, but it's the matchmaking system that lead to that happening, not him.

I think he does have to take a degree of responsibility for not knowing the map though. Even if you're at Silver 2 you should be aware of the map layout before entering ranked, ideally. Your performance will stand out as poor either way if you have poor spatial orientation.

Rajang

Scavenger 3 (additional 50% ammo + pickup ammo from any distance) is bugged . It sometimes doesnt pick up any ammo or give the 50% additional ammo.

Got back into U4 mp. So good.

I mean, I told him there was no hard feelings and wished him luck in his ranked pursuit. We both basically agreed that it was Naughtydog's fault for placing him in the wrong lobby not his fault for being bad.

He wasn't at the skill level to match the lobby which obviously made his performance stand out as remarkably bad in comparison to everyone else, but it's the matchmaking system that lead to that happening, not him.

I think he does have to take a degree of responsibility for not knowing the map though. Even if you're at Silver 2 you should be aware of the map layout before entering ranked, ideally. Your performance will stand out as poor either way if you have poor spatial orientation.
What was the map?

Reddit - unchartedmultiplayer - Wrote a transcript of a Q&A Cogburn did with a UC4 Twitch streamer yesterday. Talks about Co-op, seasonal events, matchmaking, nerfs and other changes.
https://m.reddit.com/r/unchartedmul..._a_uc4/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
I want co-op so bad!

Reddit - unchartedmultiplayer - Wrote a transcript of a Q&A Cogburn did with a UC4 Twitch streamer yesterday. Talks about Co-op, seasonal events, matchmaking, nerfs and other changes.
https://m.reddit.com/r/unchartedmul..._a_uc4/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

WTH at "Please no Highrise", in regard to classic maps being brought back. That's one of the first i'd like to see. :D

P.S.:

Thanks for speaking to us!

Thanks guys. Thanks for sticking with the game. I know there's a bunch of other options out there, I'm glad you guys are still sticking with U4. In the future, we've got some cool announcements coming out before December hopefully, and this Holiday we're gonna have co-op drop with a couple other surprises too. Hopefully you guys will stick around and check all that stuff out.

Does "this Holiday" refer to Halloween or Thanksgiving?

WTH at "Please no Highrise", in regard to classic maps being brought back. That's one of the first i'd like to see. :D
People are fucking biased. They'd rather have Temple and London Streets (3-lane maps) than Highrise.

"In our road map, we're showing that co-op is coming out before the end of the year"

December 20th it is then? :p

It's funny that he didn't mention the stun radius (Grenade vs C4)... as many people suspected beforehand, they have some kind of bias against staple gear. Whatever, I'll keep spamming
grenade replacements
C4s like there's no tomorrow. :D

No mention of adding new boosters (Sure Foot, Treasure Bearer) either...

Last but not least, it looks like they finally addressed their late join blunder, but I already see someone complaining about "moar late joinz" on Reddit. I guess you can't please everyone, huh?

Regarding public levels and backing out, they should also remove the character screen while loading. People may quit (close app) if they see a full team wearing Master hats/bandanas. It would also make loading faster (like in UC2), so less time waiting to play a match.

People are fucking biased. They'd rather have Temple and London Streets (3-lane maps) than Highrise.

"In our road map, we're showing that co-op is coming out before the end of the year"

December 20th it is then? :p

Temple isn't a 3 lane map though.

I'd rather we didn't have any retro maps. Looking back I think that most of them are pretty bad. They all have really weird quirks, individual locations that are super easy to camp (e.g. Museum, Temple), or very awkward simplistic map designs that don't make enough of an effort to break line of sight (e.g. Caves, Fort, Village).

I think the new Village map is really horrible. Too much unstructured open space leads to very stagnant gameplay. The majority of matches we've encountered in ranked on this map lead to camping either end of the side of the map with attempting to flank and push being punished for doing so due to the openness of the sight-lines (you can't sneak behind anyone here, without them being bad or poorly positioned). There have been some exceptions but so far this map has been the worst for that style of play.

What do you mean? It has 3 lanes.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I'm thinking back to Uncharted 2 where it has you spawning in one of the rear two rooms typically, in which case it creates a 2 lane structure as you move into either the lower or upper room, but if you flip it horizontally and have players spawning at the statue or lower room area then it has 3, with the corridors acting as lanes two and three.

It loses its symmetry if you have players spawning in those kind of areas though, as the statue area has the huge advantage of being uphill.

Rajang

Ofcourse the gun I want is in the last fucking chest.

89d4c1475b33bd34f20e4717585beb97.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
GGs Mr. Benjiman! I don't know wtf was up with your friend, but he needs to calm down. 😂

Aside from that, those were fun games. Sorry for potentially ruining your experience. It is not my intention at all.

eloestmn

GGs Mr. Benjiman! I don't know wtf was up with your friend, but he needs to calm down. ��

Aside from that, those were fun games. Sorry for potentially ruining your experience. It is not my intention at all.

Its all good, B. Those were fun matches for me.

His negative attitude aside, I had a blast and always do when I run into you or whenever were on the same side. I was just being funny when I said I was gonna quit the game. ;]

I dont know about that shit he was saying about the p90 either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Haven't been able to win a single fucking match tonight because skill based matchmaking keeps fucking me over with the worst team mates ever conceived. Constant 0-0-11 guys on my team.

Fuck you forever, SBMM.

Just played a frustrating BH match with KSA players (thank you SBMM) where the Captain's circular progress bar didn't seem to work (host issue?)... we won, but I didn't have fun.

Almost hit master rank again.

It's crazy how tough the games can be sometimes, but then on other nights they can be so easy. We won 16 games and lost one. Many of these games were even evenly matched in terms of ranking.

This is odd, because up to this point we had gotten absolutely nothing but stacked, full parties of master ranked players. Literally every single game in my first 30 or so ranked matches has featured the quote 'the enemy team is favoured to win' then suddenly today, the match making starts working.

I have a suspicion that the increased player population on the final few days of ranked has allowed the match making system to begin functioning correctly, and therefore we've been able to find closer matches. Hopefully the same is true tonight as I finish up my progress and hit master.

Thanks for Looney, W0w and Everlong for the help.

---

On an unrelated note after one of our matches yesterday a guy decided to send me a message telling me to "eat sh*t*. I wondered what I had done to him and decided to watch his match from his perspective in cinema mode.

It's a fairly entertaining thing to do. The guy was unfortunate to be killed be me on 7 of his 8 deaths, but he was using a sniper and I was using a FAL, so he didn't stand much of a chance. I don't know what these people expect. Sniping is good against bad players but if you're being shot by someone who's accurate and using fleetfoot then your odds of landing that headshot aren't especially high, it's a challenge even for a skilled hand, one which he clearly did not possess.

Haven't been able to win a single fucking match tonight because skill based matchmaking keeps fucking me over with the worst team mates ever conceived. Constant 0-0-11 guys on my team.

Fuck you forever, SBMM.
One of those I can tolerate most of the time, but when you get two or three...

No.

I met a bunch of 10-12 year old kids today... not only they were trash, but they were also cursing and yelling. I received plenty of voice messages. Their parents should belt them more often, but either way Sony will take care of them.

Plot twist: they were using the same PSN account and they took turns playing & cursing.

Rajang

Harrison 1890 has to be the worst gun in the game, this thing feels awful. And I have to get 30 downs with this thing for one of the 450 challenges.. sigh. Only managed 15 Harrison downs in like 4 games. Most of my downs are with the grenade and Fossa.

How do you even use this thing?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Once again, ND extended the shitty ass rank season for 10 days. I just want my kiss taunt and now I have to wait even longer to get it.

Rated-G

3000 relics for the DLC chests is way too fucking much

It really is. I'm pretty much just holding on until a sale, because 3000 relics for a single gun I probably won't touch or a costume for a character I don't typically play as is a bit much. Excluding maybe something REALLY special, I don't think chests should cost more than 2000 ever.

Miggy

Harrison 1890 has to be the worst gun in the game, this thing feels awful. And I have to get 30 downs with this thing for one of the 450 challenges.. sigh. Only managed 15 Harrison downs in like 4 games. Most of my downs are with the grenade and Fossa.

Tell me about it. I'm currently working on unlocking the mods on the Harrison 1890, but, it's so boring to play with this thing. :/

I've noticed that it's impossible to evade rope KOs by rolling these days... I don't know if I should blame the diminishing player pool, lag compensation, the tickrate, or all the above. Sometimes this happens against 4-bar players.

What does Mr. Cogburn has to say about this? I've never seen him talking about the netcode, even though it's the pillar of every MP game.

Good luck trying to convince people to spend money on this game... and yeah, I know that artists have nothing to do with the netcode, but I care more about the gameplay than aesthetics. This needs to be addressed promptly, otherwise TLOU2 MP will also be a laggy mess.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My friend and I managed to play 2 games in the span of ONE HOUR. christ. This matchmaking is pure shit. We tried changing modes and no dice. Wtf is up with these long wait times?

Drencrom

The DC single action is legitimately better than the Harrison, faster to shoot, better handling (imo) and got the same damage values (except at range).

I've been using it a lot without a primary weapon since the DLC drop and been doing great, gives me lots of Loadout Points for boosters.

SDR-UK

Mark Cerny said it's a little offset of the total development time, like 0.3% or so. Plus, the teams of SP and MP are totally separate so I don't think you can pin it on this update as to why this game is not updated.

Mark Cerny said it's a little offset of the total development time, like 0.3% or so. Plus, the teams of SP and MP are totally separate so I don't think you can pin it on this update as to why this game is not updated.
Programmers and QA testers work on both the SP and the MP. Plus, if it's so simple, then why games like Witcher 3 don't get a Pro update?

Reverting bodyshot wizardry would be a lot simpler (a LiveUpdate would probably suffice), but they ain't doing that... that should tell you something about their (Sony/ND) priorities. 4K & HDR cinematic (30fps) storytelling >>>>>>>> MP fixes & content

Nev

Banned
So they will also ruin co-op with no weapon pick ups and a shitty CoD shop. It's not like they have zero, ZERO goodwill from the community and they've been hearing everybody complain about the new additions and petitions to bring classic back. What better than changing the co-op mode people have been wanting for 6 months and taking away its classic features?

They're completely cracked at this point.

Top Bottom