• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Nev

Banned
Is this confirmed?

Well considering they said they're "unable to bring back weapon pick ups because it's not coded in the engine" and reading the latest interview I think it's pretty safe to confirm it.

It's kind of pathetic how they try to use that absurd code thing to justify their stupid decisions, after all Uncharted 4 uses the same fucking engine as the previous games. Not only that but weapon pick ups is in the single-player. I'm not even surprised that they still think we're complete idiots.

If co-op is in fact another CoD ripoff with shitty shops and no weapon drops from enemies I'm not even touching it. The whole Uncharted co-op experience revolves around weapons from enemies. Jesus Naughty Dog are just fucking impossible.

Well considering they said they're "unable to bring back weapon pick ups because it's not coded in the engine" and reading the latest interview I think it's pretty safe to confirm it.

It's kind of pathetic how they try to use that absurd code thing to justify their stupid decisions, after all Uncharted 4 uses the same fucking engine as the previous games. Not only that but weapon pick ups is in the single-player. I'm not even surprised that they still think we're complete idiots.

If co-op is in fact another CoD ripoff with shitty shops and no weapon drops from enemies I'm not even touching it. The whole Uncharted co-op experience revolves around weapons from enemies. Jesus Naughty Dog are just fucking impossible.
ND always had some "controversial" ideas to put it mildly.

Take a look at zod5000's replies.

I don't know why questions like 'are you considering removing sidekicks from ranked' are even asked. If you're playing ranked and you're seeing frequent use of sidekicks then you're playing some really awful people. It's incredibly rare I ever see anyone use a sidekick and when they do it's down in seconds.

They're just a terrible use of your money. Medics and brutes get slaughtered, while snipers have no use unless your team is quite far ahead and can sit back and play defensively. Hunters are the only sidekicks which are sometimes useful, but decent teams shred them. For the most part summoning a sidekick is just a means of wasting $600 or so if your own cash, and giving $150 to your opponent.

Rated-G

Expect to hear something tomorrow, possibly about a live stream.

Well, you sort of called it! Beta playlist? Testing classic mode!

CwXFcwdW8AA3F3F.jpg:large

Source: http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/unch...twitter&utm_campaign=Naughty+Dog&sf40966922=1

Some exciting things are on the horizon for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer. Since launching our last major update, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer: Bounty Hunters, we’ve been hard at work on an all-new co-op experience, new maps, and more. But that’s not all; we’ve also been cooking up a new way for the community to try out new multiplayer modes and give their feedback: a new limited-time Beta Test playlist. Starting later today, November 3, and through the weekend, we’re giving players the chance to try out Classic Mode—a back-to-basics mode that focuses on core combat and movement. There’s no in-match Store, Radar, Mysticals, or Sidekicks and Heavy Weapons will spawn around the map.

We’re excited for you to check out Classic and hope you’ll share your feedback with us via social, the forums, and our upcoming Beta Test Playlist survey: NaughtyDog.com/Survey.

That actually sounds pretty promising. I still wish we could get map pickups instead of loadouts, but I'm still willing to give this a shot.

I'll give Classic a try, but I hope it won't be a small, laggy pool consisted of tryhards. We have Ranked for that.

What about weapon mods? UC3 Classic was god awful, because the UC3 AK was nothing like the UC2 AK... unmodded weapons are not fun. And they better bring back some "classic" boosters (Sure Foot, Treasure Bearer) while they're at it.

AKyemeni

I'll give Classic a try, but I hope it won't be a small, laggy pool consisted of tryhards. We have Ranked for that.

What about weapon mods? UC3 Classic was god awful, because the UC3 AK was nothing like the UC2 AK... unmodded weapons are not fun. And they better bring back some "classic" boosters (Sure Foot, Treasure Bearer) while they're at it.
Nope.

People that are expecting UC2 are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Whatever. I'm gonna try it out in about 6 hours time. I'm just happy that there is a beta playlist, which means Lab hopefully.

Rated-G

Nope.

People that are expecting UC2 are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Whatever. I'm gonna try it out in about 6 hours time. I'm just happy that there is a beta playlist, which means Lab hopefully.

I can't see how people could still realistically expect UC2 at this point. I mean, I'm sure there will still be loadouts and mods, rope melee, and I notice there was no mention of downs. EDIT: APPARENTLY DOWNS AND REVIVES ARE NOT IN CLASSIC MODE! I'm also curious how gear will be handled. But still, all I was hoping for was a mode without mysticals and sidekicks, so this is a bit of a pleasant surprise. Especially since they're giving us a chance to try it out and give feedback instead of just dropping it into an update and being stuck with what they offer.

I'd love to see lab maps return with this beta playlist too. Seeing the Making of New Devon video on Uncharted TV lately has been making me want to try some block mesh maps in 4, maybe get to see some of them fully realized after receiving feedback.

http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/patch-1-15-041

"Players can now be kicked during a ranked match for networking issues"

Wow, just wow... this explains A LOT about "certain" players having "magical" abilities (not mysticals, lol) and not getting kicked... good job, ND!

They're gonna cry and moan about "unfairness", but don't listen to them for once. Lagging IS cheating, especially in Ranked where every death and loss matters.

The God

Weapons like the spezzotti are viable thanks to classic mode

No more sidekickmystical mini map bullshit. Thank god.

Can't wait for the full release.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I haven't played since the first month or so (strictly playing Classic Mode). Coming back, all I see are dudes with super overpowered DLC assault rifles just wrecking everyone. A "balanced" classic mode this is not, but still fun. The old AK or FAL starting weapon is sorely missed.

Classic health feels pretty low (1.05-ish). I guess it makes sense since they removed downs, but I'd rather have more health, even without downs. So yeah, it still needs plenty of adjustments...

On another note, does anyone care to lobby for bringing Team Objective back? Apparently ND listens, as long as people are vocal about it...

Javin98

Banned
My team just pulled a comeback where we were like 33 while the enemy team was 39. Feels amazing! Sad I won't have the time to try Classic Mode this weekend, though. Oh, well, I hope it eventually becomes a new mode since so many people are asking for it.

TripOpt55

I really do wish Classic had everyone starting with the same weapons and then having all sorts of pick-ups (not just power weapons) on the map. I'd also get rid of those beacon/timer things for the power weapons. Players should just have to sweep by areas periodically to see if they are there, plus a rush for them at the beginning. It's interesting though. I still need to get accustomed to it. Kept playing things as if there were downs... haha. This isn't exactly the classic I wanted, but I appreciate them giving it a shot. Looking forward to playing more this weekend.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not enjoying classic at all tbh. It's boring, you hardly get XP. I don't like the timer countdown for power weapons either.

Majin Boo

I like Classic a lot. It really encourages 1vs1 fights and map awareness which is what I always loved about the Uncharted MP. XP gains are indeed too low though.
I completely ignore power weapons, therefore it would be nice if I could disable the timer.
The sad thing is that Classic really makes me wonder how great the MP could have been if they went for this from the beginning, with the maps, weapons, boosters and everything else being designed for it...

Foxxsoxx

Loving classic, not having radar or downs feels great, weapon pickups are a great return. Obviously it isn't Uncharted 2, but it works in its own way. I do wish power weapons stopped showing until they spawn from 15 seconds in instead of 30. Also the XP obviously needs an increase but it's a beta so that's going to come no doubt about it.

Still, I'm really enjoying it, glad it's back. You did good Naughty Dog.

Majin Boo

So, I just entered the MP again after playing it a few hours ago and I was thrown into the Introduction as if I never touched the MP before, I have to play Warm-up sessions again and all my trials have been reset, but if I complete any of them now I don't get any relics...not cool...

So, I just entered the MP again after playing it a few hours ago and I was thrown into the Introduction as if I never touched the MP before, I have to play Warm-up sessions again and all my trials have been reset, but if I complete any of them now I don't get any relics...not cool...
Sounds like the good ol' MP profile reset bug. It's been there since the first UC2 beta.

Foxxsoxx

Same thing happened to me but it gave me warm up as an option, not a mandatory Playlist. It's probably the same for you too.

Played about 4 hours of classic last night, it's really refreshing to be able to get five not a lives again on a decent basis.

Drencrom

Just played a couple of matches of Classic mode, really liking it!

I love how you are forced to pick up and use other players weapons when you start running out of ammo and such. People are in general much more cautious when you can't get downed too, which is both good and bad too. No radar is great too, it really shouldn't been added in the first place imo. Downs, sidekicks and mysticals made sense to me but never the radar.

Having loadout slots specifically for Classic Mode with no options for mysticals, sidekicks and boosters that are incompatible would be a great addition and help people make better loadouts for Classic though.

I think Classic needs some music and "ching" sound to liven it up.

The "boring" I can see comes from it being unusually quiet now that there's less shit going on.

NastyBook

Classic health feels pretty low (1.05-ish). I guess it makes sense since they removed downs, but I'd rather have more health, even without downs. So yeah, it still needs plenty of adjustments...
Hahahahaha completely defeats the purpose. Health defnitely needs to be back to the 1.04 Gold Standard. Are all the weapons you get to use just the basic ones, or are they letting you use your 15 LP uber weapons?

Foxxsoxx

Hahahahaha completely defeats the purpose. Health defnitely needs to be back to the 1.04 Gold Standard. Are all the weapons you get to use just the basic ones, or are they letting you use your 15 LP uber weapons?

Health feels great honestly. It's not too quick and it's not too long.

You use your LP just like normal, except certain perks etc obviously don't work, but hero weapons are included.

You can also pick up other players hero weapons and power weapons after you kill them.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure the health is untouched from Normal. I'm finding it takes me about the same amount of time to kill someone with an AK in Classic as before. Certainly, the game mode feels more fast-paced due to the lack of downs and all of the superfluous bullshit getting in the way of player vs. player gunfights, but TTKs and such feel just fine. I do agree, however, that something is needed to liven up the experience a bit. Some music would probably be just the ticket.

Nev

Banned
UC2/U3 soundtracks plus the cha-ching noise would be amazing.

The iconic kill sound effect needs to come back. I don't understand who made the completely mad decision to remove it. I mean, why? WHY?

It is one of the most recognizable sounds of the multiplayer if not the most, one that no only is incredibly satisfying and fitting but also liked by literally everyone. Its removal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Take something that's been there forever and everybody likes and remove it just because. What's worse, replace it with some shitty "badass" generic sound effect from CoD followed by something that sounds like the assist sound effect. Of all the absurd decisions they made with the game, that one is the one I hate the most.

Nev

Banned
Probably the same person who proposed dreary music and removing Doughnut characters.

So Druckmann?

Uncharted has never been about this dreary and somber shit, if Druckmann and Straley wanted to force that crap into the single player (which they didn't anyways but hey let's look cool and mature by making the game look more serious than it really is) whatever, but leave that shit out of the multiplayer.

Bring back nate's theme, the pleasant songs in the menu and while in-game and the kill sound effect. Leave all of your edgy and dark shit for The Last of Us 2.

Foxxsoxx

The iconic kill sound effect needs to come back. I don't understand who made the completely mad decision to remove it. I mean, why? WHY?

It is one of the most recognizable sounds of the multiplayer if not the most, one that no only is incredibly satisfying and fitting but also liked by literally everyone. Its removal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Take something that's been there forever and everybody likes and remove it just because. What's worse, replace it with some shitty "badass" generic sound effect from CoD followed by something that sounds like the assist sound effect. Of all the absurd decisions they made with the game, that one is the one I hate the most.

Yeah, I dont get the removal of it either honestly.

Yeah these absolutely needs to be at least one of multiple random options for a menu theme each time you boot up. I had 4 friends that played the hell out of UC2/UC3 play again today for the first time since launch and they really liked Classic, it was good to have the gang back together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhwB43-UCaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwADUsUP3uo

Please, please, please let no radar win.
TBH, I don't understand why they bother with web polls... vote fraud is so easy, so they're pointless.
Just clear your browser's cookies and/or reset your IP address.

An in-game poll would reach far more audience and they could lock it so that you can only vote once per console.

TripOpt55

After putting some more time into classic mode tonight, I am really digging it. There are definitely some tweaks to be made, but I like this. I love not having sidekicks and mysticals interrupt tense fights with the enemy and in my experience there has been less clumping up of teams due to the removal of downs.

AKyemeni

After putting some more time into classic mode tonight, I am really digging it. There are definitely some tweaks to be made, but I like this. I love not having sidekicks and mysticals interrupt tense fights with the enemy and in my experience there has been less clumping up of teams due to the removal of downs.

Really?

Because all my games (against competent teams and not clueless randos) were determined by how clumped together everyone was and how much teamshooting you do. The gunfights are non existent because they are over in about half a second. There's no push or pull in gunfights and the gameplay becomes extremely one dimensional.

Bodyshot Wizardry with the Mazur is at an all time high and is the single most overpowered thing in Classic. The heavy weapons don't really do that much to give one side an edge because they're so ass to begin with. Why bother with a barok or china lake when I can combo you faster?

Classic Mode, as it is, does not have sustainability and will die off quick. It's fun in bursts, but I don't see it having lots of people playing it as is months down the line. Perhaps they should just make it into a lab playlist, which is what it seems to be, and have different rule sets every weekend or 2.

Foxxsoxx

Really?

Because all my games (against competent teams and not clueless randos) were determined by how clumped together everyone was and how much teamshooting you do. The gunfights are non existent because they are over in about half a second. There's no push or pull in gunfights and the gameplay becomes extremely one dimensional.

Bodyshot Wizardry with the Mazur is at an all time high and is the single most overpowered thing in Classic. The heavy weapons don't really do that much to give one side an edge because they're so ass to begin with. Why bother with a barok or china lake when I can combo you faster?

Classic Mode, as it is, does not have sustainability and will die off quick. It's fun in bursts, but I don't see it having lots of people playing it as is months down the line. Perhaps they should just make it into a lab playlist, which is what it seems to be, and have different rule sets every weekend or 2.

Personally loving it myself man. I haven't thought about touching any other mode since it came out. I mostly play solo so it's great and I find it much less team based than revive modes.

The biggest problem is that the (awful) 3-lane map design cannot accommodate "classic" gameplay (remember why almost everyone hated London Streets?)... they can't even remove the charged hook because it would ruin traversal and add stealth kills instead.

I don't expect them to rework all maps (too much work), but they could at least add more maps like the Highrise and/or some Lab maps perhaps.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
The more I play Classic, the more I enjoy it. It's such a refreshing change of pace to be able to focus entirely on the firefight and traversal mechanics and enjoy the great gunplay rather than constantly have to dodge or run away from the myriad of bullshit thrown at you in Normal modes. Even just seeing the varied death animations when people are KO'd instead of the same downed animation ad nauseam is an improvement.

I'd love to see the boosters removed entirely, making the gamemode that much more of an even playing field and getting rid of the few remaining items of nonsense, like marking wallhacks. It'd be nice also if ND adjust the scoring a bit, rewarding additional bonus XP at the end of a match, since medals are harder to come by, and increasing the Relic rewards, seeing as most challenges are now either impossible to accomplish or take significantly more time.

So far, though, having a blast.

It'd be nice also if ND adjust the scoring a bit, rewarding additional bonus XP at the end of a match, since medals are harder to come by, and increasing the Relic rewards, seeing as most challenges are now either impossible to accomplish or take significantly more time.

I keep seeing this complaint and don't understand it. Are you judging the amount of xp by your score on the board at the end of the match? Because from what i've seen that's not reflective of your xp earnings in classic. I think i'm actually earning more in classic than in regular TDM. In one match i've had under a dozen kills and my score was around 1k, but at the xp screen i got 1,5k win bonus, 2,5k for who knows what and 2-3 hundred from medals, totaling over 4k from that match. There's no way i would get over 4k in TDM with that kind of performance.

I enjoyed playing classic in short bursts, but ultimately it's got a lot of problems that prevent me wanting to come back.

The flow of the game isn't especially interesting because power weapons just aren't very good. The grenade launcher is one of the most interesting of the bunch but the time to kill isn't especially high because it's projectile based, and if it doesn't get the stun you'll often find yourself dead before letting off a second round. It just doesn't hold up in a game where you can get one-burst down by something like the FAL, or 3 shot headshot by the fully automatic HS. Both of those guns have a faster time to kill than most of the power weapons. The RPG felt like the only weapon that was effective, but that felt a little overpowered, 3 shots is perhaps a little too much for a weapon capable of instantly killing you.

The barok pistol is an odd one as in theory it's pretty good, capable of one-shot headshoting most players but again the time to kill is so low that it barely seems to offer much benefit. I find the triangular crosshair on this weapon off putting, and the rate of fire when compared to the time to kill on FAL and HS isn't all that impressive. The weapons aren't game changers and because of that they don't focus the action towards a particular location, or give it the same flow as it used to have in the previous games.

A big part of this is that many of these power weapons felt much more powerful in their initial incarnation in Uncharted 2. The Desert-5 was powerful when player health was low, because it offered a stark contrast in time to kill when compared to weapons like the FAL. The grenade launcher too, was remarkably more effective in that game, not just proportionate to the increased health system either, the rate of fire made that thing absolutely lethal. I believe it also offered 6 rather than just 4 rounds per pickup.

I would really like to see the gameplay in these matches centre around components that were much more influential, just as they were in Uncharted 2. Personally I would like to see Classic, feature Mysticals as pickups, as I think they would be much more influential than most of the games power weapons, and I also think they're a unique element added to U4 that Naughtydog shouldn't do away with. I think being able to pick up two uses of an Indra, or an El Dorado would be an effective means of focusing the gameplay towards a particular area and would facilitate a similar flow that matches used to have.

Of course there are other issues though, for one, the weapon pickup system isn't any where near as interesting if you can't roll and pickup weapons. Whether it's Uncharted 2 or Halo 3, one of the components that made the weapon pickups so interesting is the ability to quickly grab one. It gives you options in a gunfight, you can rush a power weapon and as soon as you reach it, it's a potential game changer. I remember experiencing moments in Uncharted 2 where I would roll, pick up a revolver, and then down a guy with a headshot at the end of the role. The clunky and awkward pick up system featured in Uncharted 4 just doesn't facilitate that type of gameplay, they're annoying to pick up in combat, and they're much of a game changer even if you do snag one.

I did enjoy some mechanics of Classic mode, notably the lack of the radar system. I really dislike the default radar system, on paper it promotes team play by enabling everyone to easily orientate towards enemy gunfire, but in practice I feel that it also reduces the agency of the individual player, makes solo queuing less fun and easily ruined by a small number of randoms, and reduces the viability of team separation and more dynamic team play strategies (such as splitting your team in two, to flank and disrupt from both sides). Ultimately the radar makes the game less interesting to play, and honestly, I wish this wasn't a change that was exclusive to the classic mode, as the lack of emphasis on the radar would benefit the games regular modes too.

Either way, didn't find it very interesting overall but liked the lack of a radar. Power weapons in this game don't work without a major overhaul, and I also didn't feel the loadout selection worked well with the lack of ammunition. Perks like scavenger no longer work, yet enemies do not drop enough ammunition to sustain your weapon usage. That's irritating when there aren't default weapons, or useful power weapons dotted around.

I'd rather they focused on making major adjustments in an effort to refine the games default modes. I've never found sidekicks or mysticals to be a problem, the latter add an extra layer of strategy to the game, but classic did make me realise how the harmful the map and radar system is to the gameplay.

The more I play Classic, the more I enjoy it. It's such a refreshing change of pace to be able to focus entirely on the firefight and traversal mechanics and enjoy the great gunplay rather than constantly have to dodge or run away from the myriad of bullshit thrown at you in Normal modes. Even just seeing the varied death animations when people are KO'd instead of the same downed animation ad nauseam is an improvement.

I'd love to see the boosters removed entirely, making the gamemode that much more of an even playing field and getting rid of the few remaining items of nonsense, like marking wallhacks. It'd be nice also if ND adjust the scoring a bit, rewarding additional bonus XP at the end of a match, since medals are harder to come by, and increasing the Relic rewards, seeing as most challenges are now either impossible to accomplish or take significantly more time.

So far, though, having a blast.

I get what you're saying, but it's not like the game has been refocused on its gunplay. Uncharted 2 and 3 all had gunfights confounded by a myriad of additional variables. Kickbacks especially ruined gunfights, and power weapons in U2 were absolutely lethal. The grenade launcher and shotgun would tear through teams in seconds, it isn't as if Uncharted has ever been a game that's focused strickly on its gunplay. It's always been about earning an advantage over your opponents and playing them against that. It doesn't work that way in U4's classic because power weapons are useless and there's no reason to stock resources on the map (ammo, weapon options and grenades used to be pickups which one could use to gain an upper hand, again, absent here).

Overall it seems more like 'barebones' than classic in regards to how it plays. I get that people might like that if they want the game focused purely on its gunplay, but I feel like the underpowered 'power weapons' and lack of grenade pickups make the game more stagnant than ever. Power weapons exist to keep the game moving, flowing, to prevent camping, and improve gameplay flow, and that's absent here.

I dread to think about the results that would ensue if they added classic ranked. While the radar is absent, good communication easily compensates for it, and the lack of downs and power weapons is only going to be promote self-preservative gameplay styles. I fully expect to see teams camping with 5 FALs, and that's not my idea of good gunplay, or a very good time in general.

---

Also, worth noting that I noticed that the level of play in the classic playlist seems to be at an all time low. My first games in the classic playlist were 18-1 and 14-1, with half of my opponents seeming like they had very little idea about how to play the game. I think that's something to bear in mind when thinking about how these features will play out in the long-term. The freedom of movement without the radar is refreshing, but part of that stems from playing against people that are remarkably bad at the game. Freedom of movement stops being so free when you find yourself not just downed, but KOed by a FAL as soon as you step out of cover, which I imagine is the experience a lot of the people I played against were having. The FAL deals half of your health before you can even react, by the time the second burst is hitting you on your screen, I'm already hitting you with the second on yours, and your KOed. I think that makes an argument for increasing the health for this game mode, being KOed like that is considerably worse than being downed.

Pretty good analysis. I agree with almost everything you wrote.

The question is, will ND devote a lot of time to make it a decent & viable mode? For example, I don't expect Robert Ryan to re-balance weapons around Classic. They're clearly balanced around regular UC4 modes and that's why some of them seem overpowered or underpowered.

ND doesn't even care about fixing long-standing modes like Plunder or re-introducing TO.

Sure, they may read, but I always get the impression that they ignore minorities and only cater to the most vocal ones. Kinda rude if you ask me.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I keep seeing this complaint and don't understand it. Are you judging the amount of xp by your score on the board at the end of the match? Because from what i've seen that's not reflective of your xp earnings in classic. I think i'm actually earning more in classic than in regular TDM. In one match i've had under a dozen kills and my score was around 1k, but at the xp screen i got 1,5k win bonus, 2,5k for who knows what and 2-3 hundred from medals, totaling over 4k from that match. There's no way i would get over 4k in TDM with that kind of performance.

You're right, I misremembered the amount of XP rewarded in regular TDM, been a while. Relics still need consideration, though.

I get what you're saying, but it's not like the game has been refocused on its gunplay. Uncharted 2 and 3 all had gunfights confounded by a myriad of additional variables. Kickbacks especially ruined gunfights, and power weapons in U2 were absolutely lethal. The grenade launcher and shotgun would tear through teams in seconds, it isn't as if Uncharted has ever been a game that's focused strickly on its gunplay. It's always been about earning an advantage over your opponents and playing them against that. It doesn't work that way in U4's classic because power weapons are useless and there's no reason to stock resources on the map (ammo, weapon options and grenades used to be pickups which one could use to gain an upper hand, again, absent here).

Overall it seems more like 'barebones' than classic in regards to how it plays. I get that people might like that if they want the game focused purely on its gunplay, but I feel like the underpowered 'power weapons' and lack of grenade pickups make the game more stagnant than ever. Power weapons exist to keep the game moving, flowing, to prevent camping, and improve gameplay flow, and that's absent here.

I disagree. Of the 2-3 hours I've spent in Classic thus far, I've not once had a match I would describe as stagnant or plodding. The pace is brisk, and if anything, the lack of downs and revives reduces the prevalence of camping compared to Normal modes. True, the power weapons may not be as devastating as their previous incarnations, but I would argue they are still well worth picking up, especially those of the explosive variety, which can help to make up for the reduced availability of grenades and C4. I wouldn't mind seeing an HP increase in Classic, because as you and others have said, many of the weapons seem singularly balanced around Normal's mechanics. Raising player health while maintaining the lethality of power weapons (e.g. Barok would still KO in two hits) might be a viable solution. On the whole, I welcome the greater emphasis on gunplay and player vs. player skill present in Classic, and while it may not play precisely like UC2/3, I think it's very much a step in the right direction, and I hope ND build on the foundation they've laid in this beta.

Top Bottom