• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Nev

Banned
Verdict after two days of classic: Make everything classic before it's too late.

Also, bring back the fucking kill sound already. I swear I'm gonna infiltrate in Naughty Dog and get pass the one guy supporting the game just to put the fucking classic kill sound in the game. Jesus christ JUST DO IT.

Regarding "quits", I was in a match where 3-4 players (on both teams) left all of a sudden... I also noticed someone getting downed and resurrecting himself with the Jesus mystical.

Probably a bad host migration, where the new host had Strict or Moderate NAT. That's the only problem with p2p, bad netcode screws everyone.
Here's what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGk9PFa8nlQ

And the greatest gunfight of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2r0EaTDw0

I've heard a rumor that PS4 Pro consoles have a higher priority to host matches, because apparently its upclocked CPU can process netcode faster... I know someone who got a Pro console and he says he's hosting matches all the time and that didn't happen that often when he had an OG PS4.

I find it hard to believe it, but if it's true, then it's a good enough reason to buy a Pro... not because of "host advantage"*, but because I'll have the assurance of not seeing entry-level DSL, sub-1 Mbps hosts.

* that's an urban myth. There's no host advantage in modern-era games. It was a thing in the 90s, before lag compensation (aka ping equalizer) was invented. ;)

Is there a way to tell if you are the host?

Middle of December though...

Better than late December, I guess.
Just before the "astronomical fall" deadline. ;)

The mode seems really fun and definitely improved compared to Co-op Arena.

There's also some nostalgia fanservice...
Trainwreck map and bringing back supernatural enemies that didn't exist in Druckmann's "vision".

I also wouldn't mind seeing Shamballa Guardians or Mutant Descendants, even if it's paid DLC...

edit: A ND dev said you don't need PS+ to play Co-op Solo... nice

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Co-op looks so fucking good. Wow. This is what I wanted. I wanted arena over adventure first. Adventure is fun, but gets extremely repetitive after you beat it, so I'll take arena with 50 (wow!) waves first!!

Now all we need is Team Objective....

/come back for a match or two after a month long break

/gets grappled by hunter and then downed by a sniper sidekick

welp, back to overwatch

Foxxsoxx

Co-op looks great and I'm really excited for Train Wreck to come back, it looks gorgeous. The game really needed a map that wasn't tropical.

Wowbagger

Survival mode looks promising, but I'm more excited for the new maps. I hope we don't have to wait till mid-December for those.

I booted this up, saw that, and had a chuckle. I'm guessing most of the U2 MP team is no longer there.

Yeah, there's no way the team behind Situational Awareness would ever implement a radar.

Foxxsoxx

I really wish ND/Sony would promote the games multiplayer more. It really is good but they just hardly advertise it.

Its sad seeing it so low on Twitch and the likes because it's right up there with the best of them.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
After putting some more time into the basic modes, the game would be 1000% better if the sidekicks were removed or drastically altered. Dropping their health to player levels would benefit this game tremendously. By themselves they can turn matches around quickly. Drop a sniper up high, a brute patrolling around, and a hunter and the other team is screwed, especially in objective modes. That just shouldn't happen. The mysticals, while annoying are ultimately useless other than the wrath of El Dorado and countering them isn't much of an issue.

That and the mines. Oh god, the mines...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mines aren't even a problem anymore. They're so easy to see and are easily countered with explosive awareness. C4 is the main problem right now and needs a MAJOR balance fix.

As for sidekicks, they're annoying but aren't anywhere near OP. Farmer 3 takes care of them right away. Most mysticals are pretty balanced now even if the slow motion one is still annoying to face.

Also, there needs to be a HUGE money increase for the staff. It's spammed so much and I fucking hate the sound it makes once it's activated.

Nev

Banned
As I said, make everything classic. They tried classic mode and it's been proved now that it's a much better game without all the new crap. Who would've guessed right?

But they will never admit they were wrong and scrap all of their new shit nobody asked for, so Plunder will be forever dead and the only playable mode will be classic forever. It's tragic really but it's ND, we're used to their monumental fuck ups. They completely destroyed a game before and never went back (U2 1.05) anyways.

SSReborn

As I said, make everything classic. They tried classic mode and it's been proved now that it's a much better game without all the new crap. Who would've guessed right?

But they will never admit they were wrong and scrap all of their new shit nobody asked for, so Plunder will be forever dead and the only playable mode will be classic forever. It's tragic really but it's ND, we're used to their monumental fuck ups. They completely destroyed a game before and never went back (U2 1.05) anyways.
Lool make the game classic and make a mystical mode then. Everyone wins :D

Rajang

chaosaeon

Imagine if they had a mode just called "Classic 1.04". I believe the current classic mode is another 'test' model and the final classic mode will be whatever the result of the voting is after these betas end. So I'm making sure to vote for "no radar" etc. Anyone else who wants it more classic should do the same. Just adding the radar back alone has made the classic mode worse. Flanking just has everyone turn around and shoot you, and you fire one shot just about anywhere and you'll have three people on you. It takes away the focus from the actual map and using your eyes/ears and make it "look for the blips".

Nev

Banned
Lool make the game classic and make a mystical mode then. Everyone wins :D

That's exactly what I've proposed. They will never ever do it though as they spent a lot of resources for the shitty new stuff, half the boosters are useless in classic. Sidekick skins, mystical in loadouts etc. The game is fucked from the root. There's no going back now, they effectively killed Uncharted in their pursue of some non-existent casual playerbase that was never even going to be interested in the game. That, and the stupid and incomprehensible decision to turn it into TLOUncharted.

-Hey guys we have two succesful multiplayer games that are different but equally awesome, what should we do instead of maximizing the concept and potential of each one?

-Let's make them the same?

-Brilliant!!!

It's fucking embarrassing and a shame. But it's not the first time ND completely fails to see potential or avoid making the most logical decision. It's hardly surprising really.

They made the same mistake they did in U3, except this time it is immensely bigger to the point they basically killed the multiplayer. And with U3 they actually fixed it. By the time the last patch dropped, the game was in a fantastic state, and the amount of content was great. Probably 5 times the amount U4 has.
I'm 100% sure there are times where the player count is bigger in U3 than U4. That's how sad it is.

I'm glad that at least they had the decency of putting some classic mode for the 13 long time Uncharted players that still play this mess, now exiled to one half-assed, remote mode that is bound to be deserted in a few months because they force the playerbase into playing their new wannabe MOBA + Tlou crap.

I really wish ND/Sony would promote the games multiplayer more. It really is good but they just hardly advertise it.

Its sad seeing it so low on Twitch and the likes because it's right up there with the best of them.

Nobody wants to watch a laggy mess PVP full of bots and where high level play ends up being which team camps and snipes more rare kills for 15 minutes before time eventually expires.

Mines aren't even a problem anymore. They're so easy to see and are easily countered with explosive awareness. C4 is the main problem right now and needs a MAJOR balance fix.

As for sidekicks, they're annoying but aren't anywhere near OP. Farmer 3 takes care of them right away. Most mysticals are pretty balanced now even if the slow motion one is still annoying to face.

Do you know how crap "Just use this" type arguments are? That's like saying situational awareness wasn't shitty design because you could block it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I booted up Uncharted 2 just to see if the MP still works and it totally does. There's only people playing DM, but still much fun.
Matchmaking was quicker than UC4 😆

Nev

Banned
I booted up Uncharted 2 just to see if the MP still works and it totally does. There's only people playing DM, but still much fun.
Matchmaking was quicker than UC4 ��

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 3 had bigger numbers than 4. I played it a few months ago and it was still very active, and that was very close to U4 release.

I didn't see it as an option?

Apparently they removed it again. Let's hope they make it an official mode soon. Without radar.

I have a question . I boughg the season pass for this at launch, and I was wondering if any of it's content has been released yet?
I know the single player DLC isn't out, but I'm sure it mentioned multiplayer DLC too.

reKon

Banned
started to get into the MP finally... and I'm already tired of playing with trash teammates who don't use common sense. I need to party up with some of you some time and maybe it will be more enjoyable. I've still had a fun in a couple of the matches though

Top Bottom