• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Cade

Yeaaah. I was playing with gaf and friends, and we got it like 3 times in a row. Maybe that's why I think it's "meh."

What's your favorite map?
I think it's Pirate Colony. That map has all the features, varying heights, and lots of cover. I also quite like Rooftops though. I am coming around on Auction just because I have now played the Scotland map in Plunder and realize Auction House could be far worse.

All my auction hate was plunder related BTW. In other modes its fine but it's too stop start in that for my taste.

So, how are people finding the balance?

Having to drop two players from Plunder because of mystical spam doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm wondering how Plunder works in general; is there even a defense against throwing a DOTA tower at an enemy chest?

I only played one match of Plunder last night and I feel it's terrible compared to U2 and even U3. It's a stupid decision to have the bots/magic/mines in the mode
(game)

Plus, the shit-tastic spawn system. We prevented them from scoring mere feet from their chest, I picked up the idol and started tossing it over to our goal and what happened? The entire enemy team we just wiped out spawned in our goal, with their newly bought magic/bots, wiped us out, recovered the idol and won the game.

xRaizen

I only played one match of Plunder last night and I feel it's terrible compared to U2 and even U3. It's a stupid decision to have the bots/magic/mines in the mode
(game)

Plus, the shit-tastic spawn system. We prevented them from scoring mere feet from their chest, I picked up the idol and started tossing it over to our goal and what happened? The entire enemy team we just wiped out spawned in our goal, with their newly bought magic/bots, wiped us out, recovered the idol and won the game.
Yep. Mine spam in the past day since people are unlocking it is ridiculous. Mysticals are dumb. Sidekicks are a terrible addition to the game.

Such a shame too, U3's MP wasn't as good as 2 but at least it didn't feel like a completely different game.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
The uncharted app game is so fun, playing while my students are watching a video and racked up 1,000 relic points for tonight, and got some boosters as well. Woohoo

Alienous

(game)

That's what I feared. It seems like there are too many area denial tools at the disposal of players for Plunder to flow well.

kingwingin

Thank god for the mobile game, by getting it to 100% I got more than 5K Relics. I still have 24 keys left to use for more chests to possibly get more.
9gz97pI.jpg
Damn! How long is the wait between loot for you?

Vade

UC2 has the worst gunplay in the series barring Golden Abyss (I honestly can't even remember this game). The feather weight feel, lack of impact, and lose reticle killed the feel of UC2's guns for me. As far as the landing shots goes, it was easier to hit people in UC2. The recoil in this game is nuts, but it feels good and makes shooting accurately feel more satisfying.

Aim assist seems a bit nuts (or is it just me?). Wish they'd turn it down. I feel like taking it off will put me at a severe disadvantage.

Smooth and fluid was UC2, and you definitely had some more emphasizes on power weapons here, grenade launcher and rpg feel light-weight.

UC2 after 1.04 all health was reduced by more than 50% so any bullet suddenly was 100x more deadly.

I'm liking the gameplay a lot but man the cod unlocks are super not fun,I hate how i have to throw matches becasue i have to use my sidearm to unlock more sidearms or spam one sidekick to get mods why did they think this was fun or ok?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just grabbed the app and got 250 relics straight away, good start!

I'm liking the gameplay a lot but man the cod unlocks are super not fun,I hate how i have to throw matches becasue i have to use my sidearm to unlock more sidearms or spam one sidekick to get mods why did they think this was fun or ok?

Dislike this too, having to use things I don't want to be using so I can unlock the LP is really stupid.

I just grabbed the app and got 250 relics straight away, good start!

Dislike this too, having to use things I don't want to be using so I can unlock the LP is really stupid.

I told my friend it's like having the pick 10 system from cod but you only start with 5 points and need to grind the rest.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Finished the story, so I'll jump into MP now. How do you earn the gold coins, and how many purple currency do you get per round?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It was far less than 10 for me, I'd say 5 or less?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm stuck at the introduction, can't press X to continue. What do I do? I already restarted the game.
Did you hold X? Also it's weird that the game doesn't give ANY bonuses for stuff like air or ledge KOs? I just got three in a row yet I would've gotten more money if I just used the gun.

You can skip the time needed by using gold coins which you gain from completing levels, without coins the longest time is 6 hours.

You can skip the time needed by just removing "automatic time" on your phone/tablet and just fowarding it an hour for each chest.

It's completely unfair to those who havent played as much. It also makes everyone stick with the AK47

Alienous

It's completely unfair to those who havent played as much. It also makes everyone stick with the AK47

No, what? Giving players who have played more greater loadout options and more loadout points to choose those options with is a great idea.

That's how you do multiplayer game balance.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
No, what? Giving players who have played more greater loadout options and more loadout points to choose those options with is a great idea.

So the people who have more experience get more loadout points to make more powerful loadouts than the people who are new to the game. And thats good balance?

Vade

2Ngffnz.jpg

That is not how you balance, by having an uneven playing field....

No...

More loadout points means better perks, or a gun with mods like someone else said.

99% of the time some greedy arsehole steals my kill and I worked hard to down the damn guy. A bit annoying. Is there even a KD in this game?
Who cares? As long as that player dies. You still get credit--which is more--for downing the player.

Alienous

So the people who have more experience get more loadout points to make more powerful loadouts than the people who are new to the game. And thats good balance?

2Ngffnz.jpg

That is not how you balance, by having an uneven playing field....

No...

More loadout points means better perks, or a gun with mods like someone else said.

I don't know if this means I'm getting better at sarcasm or worse.

KiraXD

Thank god for the mobile game, by getting it to 100% I got more than 5K Relics. I still have 24 keys left to use for more chests to possibly get more.
9gz97pI.jpg

yeah i got 7500 after i finished 100% then deleted the app, redownloaded it and replayed everything again... for another 5000 at 70%

Your K/D is a Downs + KO's per death.

I have like a 3.2 in Deathmatch which is probably about average.

I had like a 5.9 through like 5 matches of plunder. But then I started not doing as well.

Are there any multiplayer modes that don't use mysticals and upgrades?

If not, is there a good chance of seeing them added down the line?

I've only tried a few of the trials and they're more disappointing than Battlefront's single-player stuff. Very surprised to see that while you face off against enemy bots in trials, you can't just set up a simple match against bots.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
yeah i got 7500 after i finished 100% then deleted the app, redownloaded it and replayed everything again... for another 5000 at 70%

Kinda crazy they let you do it again for double rewards. So far I've made 500 in a short time, it's actually pretty fun to play while in bed. Load times are a bit long but apart from that it's a decent companion app.

Top Bottom