• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

So how do you unlock cosmetics without buying the gold coins with real money?

Relics, you earn 10 each match you win and through the challenges. You can also earn 5k-7k through the app if you do it all. Just follow a walkthrough to make it painless.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Relics, you earn 10 each match you win and through the challenges. You can also earn 5k-7k through the app if you do it all. Just follow a walkthrough to make it painless.

How many relics is 300-500 gold coins for Elena's outfits?

xRaizen

How many relics is 300-500 gold coins for Elena's outfits?
The only way to get Uncharted Points (gold) is to buy them with real cash.

Relics just give you a chance to get it, at 150 relics per chest. Vanity chests have a chance to grant you any cosmetic item you currently do not have. Pray to RNGesus to get the things you want.

Otherwise you'll have to shell out money to buy the outfit if you want it right away.

Edit: Points are $5 for 500 but you get more if you buy more (1100 for $10 etc)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It is all random from the vanity chest. Elena is my favourite character and I only have street and winter unlocked for her. It is a pain because RNG sucks.
Again, fuck Flynn. I legit hate the guy yet have nearly every outfit for him unlocked cause of this RNG bullshit solely giving me items for him. ಠ_ಠ

xRaizen

Again, fuck Flynn. I legit hate the guy yet have nearly every outfit for him unlocked cause of this RNG bullshit solely giving me items for him. ಠ_ಠ
It doesn't help that Flynn sounds nothing like he did before.

I have almost every outfit/skin for Nadine but I will almost never use her since I like Rameses/Rafe's lines more.

Raxus

All trials completed. A few of the crushing sidekicks and mysticals were a pain in the donkey.

Savior and Staff are the hardest by far. Everything else is easy peasy.

I dunno why they made the Savior one so hard where other challenges throw money at you.

It also stinks how AI is actually a detriment to you at times.

Changing subject, all the main characters have tons of alt outfits where there are tons of villains with 1-2 outfits.

I nearly have an alt costume for every character now.

I am so happy I got bunny drake for free.

So, quick semi off topic question; I am at the hospital away from the PS4, so have been playing the Uncharted app to pass the time, but am unable to log into my account on the app. The button looks grayed out and hitting it does nothing. To I have to sync it directly to the PS4? Will all the stuff I'm getting now be safe to transfer over later?

nel e nel

Savior and Staff are the hardest by far. Everything else is easy peasy.

I dunno why they made the Savior one so hard where other challenges throw money at you.

It also stinks how AI is actually a detriment to you at times.

Hunter was the one that really gave me trouble. Oof.

RS4-

Not bad, had 2k points, got Chloe, Tenzin, some guy from UC3 I guess, some good skins and mystical buffs.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The only way to get Uncharted Points (gold) is to buy them with real cash.

Relics just give you a chance to get it, at 150 relics per chest. Vanity chests have a chance to grant you any cosmetic item you currently do not have. Pray to RNGesus to get the things you want.

Otherwise you'll have to shell out money to buy the outfit if you want it right away.

Edit: Points are $5 for 500 but you get more if you buy more (1100 for $10 etc)

Oh, interesting.

ShutterMunster

Holy Christ! People suck at this game. This is the first Uncharted multiplayer experience I could rock with, so I'm invested. Getting people to revive you is still a problem. What the hell is with people running around trying to melee everyone? On two separate occasions I had people on my team running around like bozos trying to melee people.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just realized a huge part of the issue is the health. One shot from the fal to the head is a down, it happens far too often. Capturing video clips to show where this needs patched hopefully ND acknowledges.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Don't forget trials. You can get 300 relics (two vanity chests) for each trial completed all the way through Crushing, and there's like 14 of them.

What the hell is with people running around trying to melee everyone? On two separate occasions I had people on my team running around like bozos trying to melee people.

They're probably thinking "it worked so well in single player!"

Changing subject, all the main characters have tons of alt outfits where there are tons of villains with 1-2 outfits.

Consider that villains don't tend to live through the games they're introduced in, whereas Drake and his buddies show up time and time again with new designs. And since the games are told from the heroes' perspectives, you see them in more scenarios that call for outfit changes than the villains. Many of the villains (all the Uncharted 1 guys, for instance) actually got brand new skins because they only wore one costume through the entirety of their games. Same goes for one-off heroes like Cutter, Tenzin, or Salim.

I really hope the story DLC has Chloe and Cutter though. Or at least the co-op adventures, whenever those get here.

Creaking

The price for Uncharted points is way too high. $5 for 500 gold point is fucking small.

Definitely. I'm reluctant to say anything because I don't want them to change the chest system, but the chest system provides a muuuuch better value than the microtransactions. If something were to change, I'd decrease the coin price of customizations, or increase the number of coins you get when buying them.

Rated-G

So after the 1.03 patch, all my Uncharted Points finally showed up, and I CAN confirm they stack. I got 300 each from the Amazon preorder, Best Buy preorder, and Libertalia edition. I totally was expecting to only get one pack of 300 but including the 200 complementary points, I'm sitting on 1100.

So, quick semi off topic question; I am at the hospital away from the PS4, so have been playing the Uncharted app to pass the time, but am unable to log into my account on the app. The button looks grayed out and hitting it does nothing. To I have to sync it directly to the PS4? Will all the stuff I'm getting now be safe to transfer over later?
Hmm, hope someone can help you with this. iOS or android?

Btw can anyone else confirm for me that there is no way to use Spotify while playing online? Seems to turn off Spotify the moment it loads into a match. Single player also disables Spotify.

Hmm, hope someone can help you with this. iOS or android?

Btw can anyone else confirm for me that there is no way to use Spotify while playing online? Seems to turn off Spotify the moment it loads into a match. Single player also disables Spotify.

Android. I won't be too broken up if it can't work, but if it can and I just need to do something simple it would be nice to have some of these unlocks once I make it back home^^

you have too much health in the multiplayer.

also, do they let people use auto aim against people who don't have auto aim enabled? if so, that's fucking stupid.

Creaking

also, do they let people use auto aim against people who don't have auto aim enabled? if so, that's fucking stupid.

If they didn't, it'd split the player-base. This isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield. They can't afford to split up players willy-nilly. Look at Max Payne 3's multiplayer. Separate lock-on and free aim lobbies. Free aim was dead as a doornail by year 2.

Creaking

or they could just disable auto aim for everyone.

I'd be okay with that, but it's not going to happen. Lots of casuals will drop a game if they don't feel like they're able to hit anyone, and that's probably what would happen if aim assist was taken away.

Too much health?! No way not at all, way too little. One burst to the head is a down.

as it should be. but body shots are useless.

Are you talking about blindfire? That's been a component in Uncharted multiplayer forever (Until 3 absolutely killed it near the end of its run)

no, i'm talking about auto aim, otherwise known as aim snap where the game automatically targets an enemy when you aim down the sight.

Are you talking about blindfire? That's been a component in Uncharted multiplayer forever (Until 3 absolutely killed it near the end of its run)

Nvm I got Spotify working, you have to set music to 0 in the game options. Unusual because most games will just have your music playing over any other sounds but this turns your music off unless you do that!

First game with Nicki and Bey and our team won 😘

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
as it should be. but body shots are useless.

no, i'm talking about auto aim, otherwise known as aim snap where the game automatically targets an enemy when you aim down the sight.

No it should not be that way in uc. Stick to cod or bf keep that garbage elsewhere.

Creaking

I'll have to try the FAL again. Didn't like it at a range, didn't like it close up, so I dropped it and switched to using the Para 45 only.

Majin Boo

I think the health is pretty much perfect right now, it seems to be less than in the Beta, but I thought downing someone in the Beta took too long, so I like it. That being said I have not encountered many FAL users and never used it myself, but if there is a poblem with it let's just nerf it instead giving ND the idea to mess around with the health...

What I really hate is the way the game handles progression and unlocks. 10 freaking relics for a win, NOTHING if you lose, one challenge per day and they even removed the possibility to find relics during matches, srsly?!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think the health is pretty much perfect right now, it seems to be less than in the Beta, but I thought downing someone in the Beta took too long, so I like it. That being said I have not encountered many FAL users and never used it myself, but if there is a poblem with it let's just nerf it instead giving ND the idea to mess around with the health...

What I really hate is the way the game handles progression and unlocks. 10 freaking relics for a win, NOTHING if you lose, one challenge per day and they even removed the possibility to find relics during matches, srsly?!

The headshots do far too much and body shots far too little. Health was fine in the beta.

Majin Boo

The headshots do far too much and body shots far too little. Health was fine in the beta.

With the FAL or in general? Because I'm using the MP34a right now and I think it takes about 3 headshots to down someone, seems fine to me, and I have no issues with bodyshots either. Might be interesting to see the numbers for each weapon.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
With the FAL or in general? Because I'm using the MP34a right now and I think it takes about 3 headshots to down someone, seems fine to me, and I have no issues with bodyshots either. Might be interesting to see the numbers for each weapon.

I think the fact that one burst from the fall puts you down is ridiculous, especially given the aim assist and lack of recoil.

PepperedHam

Wait there's auto aim in the multiplayer? I have not seen where to enable that if so, just an aim assist slider. Am I blind?

I think the fact that one burst from the fall puts you down is ridiculous, especially given the aim assist and lack of recoil.

I play with it off but if it's anything like other games then wouldn't aim assist be even worse when it comes to headshots since it would, or at least should aim for the body.

Maybe it's just me but I have much better headshot aim when I don't have any auto-aim on.

Either way, it should be disabled in MP like previous games.

Creaking

Wait there's auto aim in the multiplayer? I have not seen where to enable that if so, just an aim assist slider. Am I blind?

Some people call aim assist "auto aim".

No way. I used the FAL and couldn't down someone with two full bursts. It was at a range, but still.

TripOpt55

Tried out the multiplayer tonight. Pretty good. Not sure I care for how the unlock system works now. Seemed a little more straightforward in the beta which I liked. Playing pretty well. Still haven't gotten to try a couple of the maps (River and another one I can't remember at the moment) though I did run through them in custom game. The Pirate Colony one seemed really fun. Need to put some more time into before I really know how I feel overall.

Top Bottom