• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Are there any multiplayer modes that don't use mysticals and upgrades?

If not, is there a good chance of seeing them added down the line?

I've only tried a few of the trials and they're more disappointing than Battlefront's single-player stuff. Very surprised to see that while you face off against enemy bots in trials, you can't just set up a simple match against bots.

The bots are pretty dumb. They also don't always behave like players. Sometimes they get staggered just from bullets.

I don't know if this means I'm getting better at sarcasm or worse.

It's an opinion I've seen people in the past hold seriously, so I wouldn't have been too shocked if you weren't being sarcastic. They think that they should get indisputable advantages for playing longer. Weapons, items, boosters, etc. are one thing, since to equip those you are forgoing other weapons/items/boosters, but simply giving you more space to load up with these powerful things because you've played longer seems ass-backward. You already get natural advantages that come with experience. Map knowledge, strategies, better understanding of when and how to use your weapon or gear, or mysticals or sidekicks.

AKyemeni

UPDATE:

Hello Community,

Now that patch 1.03 and live update .013 are out, we wanted to take a moment to update everyone with our full patch notes below. We are actively working on getting more fixes for some of the problems you all have encountered in the wild. If you run into something, please report it here: http://feedback.naughtydog.com/forums/363840-uncharted-4

Have fun out there!

GENERAL
Various Localization updates
SINGLE PLAYER
Fixed various crashes
Fixed particle sync issue ß few will know what this means
MULTIPLAYER
General
Gameplay crash fixes
Fix for Entitlement Limits being reached causing users to not see Uncharted Points they had purchased
Enabled a pop-up to appear while in the menus to inform users of new updates
Fix for Challenge completed pop-up appearing after already completing the challenge
Fix for Loadout Point unlocks not triggering properly
Fix for store item descriptions
Leaderboard text fixes
Fix for post-game medal description
Fix for team favor display for when teams are evenly matched in Ranked TDM
Fixed booster level issue for late-joiners
Sniper Sidekick - Path of Indra mod now plays sound properly when Sniper teleports
Timer display error fix for Matchmaking lobby
Fix for private match settings not being visible after viewing previous game results
Fixed crash that can occur during the end game scoreboard
Command
Fix for a crash that occurs during a game of Command
Fix for store prices sometimes being improper while being a Captain
Fix for contested status icon not updating properly
Fix for late-join player seeing improper status icon
Plunder
Fix for the idol respawn timer not appearing properly
Fix for weapon gameplay issues while hodling the idol
Treasure chest, player starting spawns, & idol spawn locations tweaked
Fix for idol pickup causing loss of functionality
Fix for scoring animation playing improperly
Fix for throwing animation playing improperly
Weapons
Fix for sniper rifle scope-in times
Fix for weapon progression being inappropriately earned
Fix for starting ammo mod on some weapons
Mysticals
Spirit of the Djinn
Fix for timer not working properly
Fix for FX not deactivating properly
Fix for improperly turning off during to network errors
Fix for icon not clearing properly when a player dies while it is active
Fix for not being able to purchase while wating to respawn
Staff of Ayar Manco received a decrease in the ammount of points it contributes towards your Support Score

1.03.013 (MP Only)
Decrease number of Warm-Up matches to unlock other playlists to 1 game
Decreased the maximum Warm-Up matches from 10 to 5
Quit Penalty enabled for Ranked TDM
http://community.us.playstation.com...ef-s-End/Patch-1-03-is-now-LIVE/td-p/45763803

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok so seriously fuck these vanity chests man. Literally three times in a row it was always Flynn related outfits, fuck Flynn.

Creaking

Anybody got any tips for beating the Savior trial on Crushing?

I picked the class with the semi-auto shotgun as it's buyable and used that once I had my savior out. It's a OHK from the hip at semi-close range, and gets you an extra $100 per down. Then I just went around to allies in need, blasting away bad guys, restocking ammo, and maybe collecting treasure if nearby.

Maybe it was luck, but I had a harder time on moderate than hard or crushing.

Creaking

I wonder if they'll expand customization to give us more options like those used in the pre-set costumes. Not just talking about being able to change colors either. I just noticed that one of Cutter's preset costumes uses his "Casual Cutter" base, but without the gloves. Some other pre-set costumes have changes to hair or facial hair (bald Sully in his Sabbatical/Walter White preset, slightly messier hair in one of Rafe's presets, braiding missing from Tenzin's goatee in his blind monk preset), and others have more than one face item equipped at once (one of Sam's has the hipster glasses along with a piercing).

I also think it'd be nice if you could choose the the skin you want during the character selection phase instead of having to set it up beforehand. The less jumping around menus, the better.

Creaking

You pretty much have to roll in a group. Lone wolfing is a bit more difficult this time around.

Very true. One time, my team and I conquered an enemy team, even though they got more far more downs. How? We stuck really close together and constantly revived each other while also being quick to KO downed enemies. Beautiful teamwork.

Was doing great in the beta and all day Wednesday. Today, I just sucked ass. My aiming was just all over the place. I went from averaging 15 downs to getting 5-7 downs with 6-9 deaths. Yikes lol

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have 16 keys in the app but no coins and a 5 hour timer, boo! Still only 500 UC4 relics after finishing the first map.

Creaking

Managed to get these scores the other day with just a Para 45, grenades, a savior, and a couple of boosters. Forgot to capture the gameplay unfortunately. There were some pretty good Eddy Raja lines.

13244131_1014244028661171_3116820074123264595_o.jpg

13243885_1014244025327838_7666292322364917445_o.jpg

All I can say is that the Para 45 is great for run-n'-gun and flanking can lead to amazing things.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wonderful oversight. Hopefully they don't catch it too quickly.

Are you guys on Android because it's not working for me. If you are can you ELI5? I tried putting the time ahead then opening it back up but the timer remains.

Tillbe

Gotta echo a few previous comments, the shotgun is downright awful. I mean... wtf? Also the RPG seems woefully underpowered compared to the rest of the power weapons, especially since it's a single shot as opposed to the other heavy weapons which get multiple rounds.

Creaking

Are you guys on Android because it's not working for me. If you are can you ELI5? I tried putting the time ahead then opening it back up but the timer remains.

I'm on android. What worked for me was switching between the app and my date/time settings (rather than reopening the app each time) and advancing the date by one day. Each time I switched back, he'd have a new chest for me. I made sure to hit the little proceed button after opening it. The one time I didn't, the exploit stopped working until I rebooted the app.

Took a little while, but I blew through nearly 90 keys and got nearly 5000 relics out of it. Now I have all the characters and a majority of everything else. :D

Hope they don't fix this when they add the remaining puzzles to the app.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on android. What worked for me was switching between the app and my date/time settings (rather than reopening the app each time) and advancing the date by one day. Each time I switched back, he'd have a new chest for me. I made sure to hit the little proceed button after opening it. The one time I didn't, the exploit stopped working until I rebooted the app.

Took a little while, but I blew through nearly 90 keys and got nearly 5000 relics out of it. Now I have all the characters and a majority of everything else. :D

Hope they don't fix this when they add the remaining puzzles to the app.

That worked, thanks. 500 from my last 9 keys. 2000 total so far.

That's because there is. The game's spawning system is atrocious. This is evident in Plunder out of the (sadly very, very few) gametypes.

Plunder spawning makes sense though. If you respawned at your own base, youd never catch the opponent after the initial shootout

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ughhhh I have a pit in my stomach, I have to be completely honest, I've come to the realization that this game simply is not for me, and that sucks :(. I waited years for this game in hopes that they could go back to the roots. Obviously after the mysticals and the beta it was clear that it wasn't UC2 MP, but to be honest I was enjoying it. The traversal was good, the gunplay is great, and the maps seemed solid.

The game has come out now and I feel like they've already changed so much... or maybe I was just too wrapped up in the hype while the beta was happening. I know for sure one of the reasons is that TDM is far more suited for this game than Plunder is.

First things first the health is too low. A well placed shot from the fal can put you down in a burst and a half, not even. The problem with the term "well placed shot" is that recoil is almost non-existant on most guns... this is before the recoil upgrade, which I've yet to use. This I know for sure is different from the beta, because the automatic weapons weren't as good as single shots like the mettler.

The maps are built seemingly with this run and gun mentality. One of the plunder maps, I think river, is so tiny in terms of playing field. The game is clearly designed in the vein of COD. You kill people extremely quick. The design of this map basically has you going in a small circle. You are constantly creeping up on people from behind or getting run up on from behind.

Another thing that bothered me was right at the beginning of one of the rounds I had 2 of my teammates taken out with some sort of expolosive weapon- seemed like an RPG. I'm assuming this is some crap one time booster, that pay-to-win players will always get tthe upperhand with.

We ended up switching over to MP, and as I expected the flow of the game was much smoother. It's clearly supposed to be a very high paced, non stop, run and gun stype game. I understand the transition to this style of play, but it's just not what I played UC mp for. One thing that really stood out and hammered this home, was one of the people on the other team just running circles firing from the hip. I gave this a go, and the hip fire is insanely accurate. Again I understand this direction, it's easier for the average person to pick up and play, but for me this is not what I was looking for.

I'm ready for people to jump all over me for this, but I'm just venting. I'm more than happy with the campaign, which so far is my favorite of the series, but I'm extremely disappointed in the MP.

edit-

That's because there is. The game's spawning system is atrocious. This is evident in Plunder out of the (sadly very, very few) gametypes.

I enjoy this quite a bit but man I gotta up my awareness. I feel like there's always an opponent up my ass.

thankfully others see that the way this game is currently designed simply doesn't work for plunder. Those spawns are by design and play identical to COD, alllowing easy pickup kills and comebacks.

nel e nel

So what is the best value for chests? I've been rotating among the 3 I have unlocked, but just noticed that sidekick/mystical boosters can also be unlocked via gameplay.

So can anybody get into a game of Warm Up? I can't, all it gives me is a black screen and the music that I had playing on spotify to the PS4 stops. It doesn't help that you have to do it to get anywhere too.

Top Bottom