• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I see the google spreadsheet is still in the OP but the multiplayer community (which existed far before this thread and the google document) has no mention.

Why?

This has been really badly organised and the gaf community now have their IDs split between two formats (google and the community system on PS4).

The PS4 side communities are easier to use, easier to add people from, and much more likely to display an updated list of the user base (I very much doubt people who stop playing will take the time to remove themselves from the spreadsheet).

Sorry to cause a fuss about it, but it would be better if we had everyone in one place, and it just seems to make sense that that one place is the PS4 community that has been around since pre-beta.

Finalow

naughty dog being awful as usual at making an online matchmaking system it seems? Takes too long to find and start a match. at some point it just stops working and I have to exit to the main menu then connect again.
otherwise I'm enjoying this MP so far, haven't played much though.

yeah i got 7500 after i finished 100% then deleted the app, redownloaded it and replayed everything again... for another 5000 at 70%
how long did you play in order to get 100% or even 70%?
I tried it but you get 100~ relic points at best from chests, and you have to wait a long time for other chests to spawn, how do you get that many.

Wait, there's an aim assist option for multiplayer that's toggleable? Terrible idea, it should be off by default or have slight magnetism.

It has slight magnetism by default, and then you can turn that off if you want to.

It's nice to be able to turn it off or lower it because it's not very useful on something like the snipers, as your aim gets dragged by players running across the screen etc. I don't really feel as though the game needs it though, shame we can't take it all off for everyone.

f@luS

More than a member.
naughty dog being awful as usual at making an online matchmaking system it seems? Takes too long to find and start a match. at some point it just stops working and I have to exit to the main menu then connect again.
otherwise I'm enjoying this MP so far, haven't played much though.

how long did you play in order to get 100% or even 70%?
I tried it but you get 100~ relic points at best from chests, and you have to wait a long time for other chests to spawn, how do you get that many.
I get usually 250 point per chest. Use a guide it's easy. And change your iPhone time and you can bypass the time limit

Does anyone know what region you get put into if you play multiplayer? Is it the region of your account? Because I have a US PSN account but don't actually live there and I'm lagging like crazy. I keep getting this icon of a disconnected wire every 5-8 seconds in the middle of my screen and when it pops up I can't move at all. I have an EU account so if the matchmaking puts you in the region of your account I should probably play on that. Clarification would be swell though, so thanks in advance!

deadduck

The fact hip fire is just as accurate as stand makes everyone just run around in circles hip firing.

The multiplayer is sooo bad.

Why is the multiplayer model for basic Nate so off color?
Shirt is blue in the story and model viewer but vibrant green in MP, why even include the France outfit then when they are nearly identical.

There's a lot of off-color stuff for no reason:

Sam's waiter coat is purple instead of red; Chloe's shirt is Borneo-orange instead of Nepal-red; Young Drake's sleeves are orange instead of red; etc. etc. etc.

Their "reasoning" is most likely that they feel players will think anything that is RED = OMG ENEMY!!! Hence why there are stupid Nazi armbands on the opposite team... because players are too stupid to understand that if something is shooting at you, it is trying to kill you and is an enemy.

Or they'll add color customization at a later date.

Only usable with NDBucks, of course.

they really need to boost relic count for winning and have it be 10 for just completing a match

15 wins to get a single vanity pack? fuck outta here

Yeah, it should be 10 for a loss and 20 or 25 for a win.

The multiplayer is amazing.

Well. It has the potential to be amazing.

But as with every game with the 'down revive' mechanic it is ruined.

So frustrating when a great game is ruined by one simple choice.

It takes enough bullets to kill.... But then you've to put another half clip in to finish while someone heals them behind a wall with a band-aid.

So annoying.

A kill should be a kill.

You haven't seen the Kal7 days of UC3 have you? lmao

Or as some would refer to them (me), the glory days. Surprised at how effective blindfire is at instantly getting a KO after a down though.

It was countered pretty well in Uncharted 3 by having the maps be a lot more vertical, but since a lot of firefights in this game occur at the same height. Blindfire is stupidly effective

Griss

Started a bit of this last night as a break from the main story (halfway through).

Was really surprised - it's tons of fun. Really simple, but all the better for it. Like the maps a lot, too. Having more fun with this than I ever did with the Overwatch beta. In fact, I might actually have enjoyed this more than the single-player so far.

What's the best thing to spend 'purplebux' on? The vanity chests? What do the other options give you? The gear / magic chest appeared to just be a shortcut to stuff you'd unlock anyway - am I right about that?

Started a bit of this last night as a break from the main story (halfway through).

Was really surprised - it's tons of fun. Really simple, but all the better for it. Like the maps a lot, too. Having more fun with this than I ever did with the Overwatch beta. Actually enjoyed this more than the single-player so far.

What's the best thing to spend 'purplebux' on? The vanity chests? What do the other options give you? The gear / magic chest appeared to just be a shortcut to stuff you'd unlock anyway - am I right about that?

You're right, I just buy vanity chests

How much are the hero weapon chests? Considering the grind to get so many of them I might spend my relics on those once I unlock my first one.

zkorejo

Hero weapons chests cost 400 relics.

They require alot of LP but if you can cut down other things such as sidekicks/heavy weapons and just keep 1 booster, its not that bad.

Does anyone know what region you get put into if you play multiplayer? Is it the region of your account? Because I have a US PSN account but don't actually live there and I'm lagging like crazy. I keep getting this icon of a disconnected wire every 5-8 seconds in the middle of my screen and when it pops up I can't move at all. I have an EU account so if the matchmaking puts you in the region of your account I should probably play on that. Clarification would be swell though, so thanks in advance!
I bought it on the US store and live in the UK and I get lag free matches :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Dude i'm not even joking it literally won't stop giving me Flynn costumes. Oh my lord. Plus I love that everyone is gonna be throwing mines all day because of the daily challenge. Speaking of, two of my challenges won't renew. Meanwhile, I haven't unlocked jackshit for Elena or Nadine, the two characters I use the most.

I'm not so sure that I like this as much as TLOU multiplayer, but I'm still having a great time playing it. Strangely enough, TLOU multiplayer is one of my favorite multiplayer modes around.

Dude i'm not even joking it literally won't stop giving me Flynn costumes. Oh my lord. Plus I love that everyone is gonna be throwing mines all day because of the daily challenge. Speaking of, two of my challenges won't renew. Meanwhile, I haven't unlocked jackshit for Elena or Nadine, the two characters I use the most.
You only get 1 challenge every 24 hours. But 💀 at Flynn stuff lmao

ND went in for Flynn

Flynn stuff for all!

I ended up buying $10 worth of Uncharted munny. RIP

used it on young Sully, nuclear Nadine, a dance taunt, Scotland Rafe and the septum piercing lmao

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You only get 1 challenge every 24 hours. But �� at Flynn stuff lmao
So some challenge every 24 hours, (yet for some reason there are three slots), only 10 relics per win, a horrible RNG system, this MP is grindy AF.

ND went in for Flynn

Flynn stuff for all!
They could at least include a beat up Flynn outfit. Literally missing only one outfit and i'll be damned if HE's the guy who's stuff I get first.

Nev

Banned
As someone who played U2 and U3 multiplayer for hundreds of hours, the refined jumping and climbing mechanics and especially the 60fps make this the best one from a strict gameplay perspective. Controls and mechanics are basically Uncharted 2 but much improved, faster and just smoother, which is awesome.

Both Uncharted 2 and 3 had the much better map design though, especially Uncharted 2, but that one is unbeatable since it had some of the best map design of a third person shooter ever.

The maps are not bad, but they're not vertical enough, it's a waste with the new and improved trasversal mechanics. And they lack variety, like 4 of them look the same. Pirate town is bad, though.

It has potential to become the best multiplayer because it has a solid foundation, but right now it's got too little content compared to the previous two. Like, Uncharted 3 right now has such a huge amount of content that it's not even close. Hopefully they'll get to that amount with the updates, and hopefully they bring back some of the best old maps too along with a classic mode.

Maybe hipfire should get a slight nerf, only to be brought back up by the hipfire mod. I cant imagine how much better it gets

I hope other full autos are more effective. Other guns deserve to be more effective firing from cover, as the AK47 feels way too well rounded at everything.

has anyone tried the mods like less recoil and blindfire accuracy and fleet foot? Would love to see a comparison/before and after

Also, I love this game's emphasis on cover shooting. There are lots of times where Im in a shootout and dug into a piece of wall. It feels very intense

Not everyone has the same challenge every day. I had mines 2 days ago, it's china lake for me today.

PowderedToast

this really needs an elimination mode, they were so fun in the old games. makes people actually think about their positioning and cover.

overall I'm kinda disappointed in it though. the maps just aren't vertical enough and so one of the series' most defining features is really underutilized. why? don't get it

I don't think it's a coincidence that every match i've been in today has been full of mines, I replaced it with grenades.

Also people are finding out that mines are probably the best gear right now. I don't think they should stay on the map if you die.

this really needs an elimination mode, they were so fun in the old games. makes people actually think about their positioning and cover.

overall I'm kinda disappointed in it though. the maps just aren't vertical enough and so one of the series' most defining features is really underutilized. why? don't get it

All of the TLOU elements in here and them not having this mode really blows my mind. Maybe that's intentional though, so people don't make those comparisons.

Drencrom

Loving the MP so far, but why is the Revolver (Jackal) so goddamn under powered? It's basically useless because of the relatively low damage, slow reload and slow fire rate...on top of it only having 6 bullets in the "clip"...

Also people are finding out that mines are probably the best gear right now. I don't think they should stay on the map if you die.

Mines need to be taken out of the MP they are not fun at all and slow the pace of the matches to a crawl.

Also making the perk to counter mines cost the same amount as mines is a joke.

Farewell

Just unlocked my first FAL hero weapon. Are the hero weapon chests worth it? Otherwise i will spend my relics on more vanity chests.

pencilnoo

Neo Member
There should be leveling-up system in normal MP games too!

Because in the Ranked team death match, you either have good friends to team up, or just wait to lose. Even you play like a god, your team mates from somewhere on earth still make you lose the game, and you will never get the points. Most of time when you are losing, they just quit the game even far before the game ends, leave you alone like an idiot in the game and get killed 100 times more.

Majin Boo

So some challenge every 24 hours, (yet for some reason there are three slots), only 10 relics per win, a horrible RNG system, this MP is grindy AF.

Agreed. The 10 relics per win are pointless, at this point I will just wait for the daily challenge each day, complete it and come back next day. There's is just no point in playing normal matches to unlock stuff.

rdytoroll

Multiplayer aint bad, but my teammates keep pissing me off. It really takes the fun away. Like dude I'm right beside you, you just gotta heal me, it takes 3 seconds. But no... people would rather ignore each other and just run into the enemy. I'm also seeing the same 3 maps constantly.

Top Bottom