• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Alpende

I have to say this is the first game that has me visually stunned. Some of the scenery is dropdead gorgeous and just stops me from playing to enjoy the views. Having a lot of fun with the photomode as well.

I still need to get a better hang of the cover system, sometimes it feels a bit off. That's my only 'complaint' so far though. Great stuff so far.

EDIT: Wrong thread.

pencilnoo

Neo Member
Agreed. The 10 relics per win are pointless, at this point I will just wait for the daily challenge each day, complete it and come back next day. There's is just no point in playing normal matches to unlock stuff.

It's a normal operational way of in-game store system. Take Hearthstone as an example. You have to win 3 games to get 10 gold, but daily quest gives you 40-60. They just don't want us to get the money too easily.

Farewell

Yea 10 relics per match is a joke, you need to win 15 matches for one vanity chest. I mean in bo3 you can open one chest after 5 or 6 matches, even if you lose.

Multiplayer aint bad, but my teammates keep pissing me off. It really takes the fun away. Like dude I'm right beside you, you just gotta heal me, it takes 3 seconds. But no... people would rather ignore each other and just run into the enemy. I'm also seeing the same 3 maps constantly.

Yeah, those are what the callouts are for :( Shame people don't really revive you much.

Yeah, definitely hate the unlock system in place. For one thing, I don't like how the relic system currently works (10 per win = lol). And secondly, I don't like how you actually unlock new skins/outfits/etc. Relying on RNG to get what you want from some dumb chest is beyond annoying. I want to just be able to spend the money/relics I earn to buy the stuff I actually give a shit about. It's obvious it was done to make you want to buy Uncharted Points, but fuck that. I really hate all the microtransactions the series has added since Uncharted 3.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, definitely hate the unlock system in place. For one thing, I don't like how the relic system currently works (10 per win = lol). And secondly, I don't like how you actually unlock new skins/outfits/etc. Relying on RNG to get what you want from some dumb chest is beyond annoying. I want to just be able to spend the money/relics I earn to buy the stuff I actually give a shit about. It's obvious it was done to make you want to buy Uncharted Points, but fuck that. I really hate all the microtransactions the series has added since Uncharted 3.

Did you enjoy paying for Uncharted 3 maps?

hbkdx12

I really wish i could do private matches with AI

The groundwork is clearly there in trials but i can't use my own custom loadouts in trials.

Also, how does match making work? I noticed there are no ranks so how do you know if your getting matched with similarly skilled people?

Did you enjoy paying for Uncharted 3 maps?

I didn't really mind it that much because I got my money's worth out of the maps. I would have much rather had a more satisfying unlocking system than free maps even if it does split up the multiplayer pool. *shrug* But really, there's no reason they couldn't have made a better system and still kept the microtransactions as an option. The current system just screams "you must pay real money to get what you want or rely on the RNG gods to like you!"

People keep demanding punishing quitters but they better not implement any kind of punishment system.

I've properly finished and made it to the end screen of only about 5% of my matches purely because I'll get put into a game where a group of 3 or 4 enemies will be camping in one room with bodyguards and brutes etc reviving each other in a circle jerk.

Why would I want to play a game where that's possible lol, of course I'm going to 'Leave Game' and i'll continue to do so!

People keep demanding punishing quitters but they better not implement any kind of punishment system.

I've properly finished and made it to the end screen of only about 5% of my matches purely because I'll get put into a game where a group of 3 or 4 enemies will be camping in one room with bodyguards and brutes etc reviving each other in a circle jerk.

Why would I want to play a game where that's possible lol, of course I'm going to 'Leave Game' and i'll continue to do so!

There is a penalty for ranked as of yesterday.

Buy A rocket and blow them up? it's super easy to kill people camping.

Well no. . .because an RPG only downs people (people who have been blown up can be revived with a simple band-aid), so then one of the other campers can do their scrubby super revive ability, or throw out the revive backs that heal people like Jesus, all while being protected by OP AI controlled bots.

It's all very very bizarre and grotesque.

The 5% of games that don't have all the OP nonsense is actually fantastic. You know the games, where it's just aim and shoot at other people with no one revive spamming? Amazing.

Well no. . .because an RPG only downs people (people who have been blown up can be revived with a simple band-aid), so then one of the other campers can do their scrubby super revive ability, or throw out the revive backs that heal people like Jesus, all while being protected by OP AI controlled bots.

It's all very very bizarre and grotesque.

The 5% of games that don't have all the OP nonsense is actually fantastic. You know the games, where it's just aim and shoot at other people with no one revive spamming? Amazing.

Use the slow field you get 2 charges for 700$ the first time that should be enough to get them out of the room,you have the tools to stop it you just need to use them at the right time.

There also needs to be some kind of video tutorial on how to make a custom class.

I've been using covert. . .I like that gun, and I like stealth. . .but I don't want to use it's smoke grenade.

So I go to custom class. . .and can't actually make one.

I've absolutely no clue what to do and the game doesn't tell you what.

Multiplayer aint bad, but my teammates keep pissing me off. It really takes the fun away. Like dude I'm right beside you, you just gotta heal me, it takes 3 seconds. But no... people would rather ignore each other and just run into the enemy. I'm also seeing the same 3 maps constantly.

Play with gaffers then. Join the community on PS4. There are about 70 of us on there at the moment.

I do agree that an rpg should be a insta ko. It was in uc2 and 3 so I'm kind of shocked it isn't. Most of the time I throw a grenade at someone I get an auto ko so it is bizarre with rpgs which arguably hits much harder.

barit

Yea 10 relics per match is a joke, you need to win 16 matches for one vanity chest. I mean in bo3 you can open one chest after 5 or 6 matches, even if you lose.

Do you want to unlock everything in one week? It's perfectly fine as it is. With completing all challenges you get probably over 2000 points, with three dailys another ~1000 on top. Those are plenty of points for the beginning imo

Do you want to unlock everything in one week? It's perfectly fine as it is. With completing all challenges you get probably over 2000 points, with three dailys another ~1000 on top. Those are plenty of points for the beginning imo
Its one daily challenge, if you had compeleted all the initial challenges you'd know this .. i think you are inflating the numbers somewhat... and yes its too grindy..

xRaizen

Love it when a full priced $60 AAA game implements systems that Free to Play games use to nickel and dime their players :)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There's a fine line between unlocking everything in one week and there actually being incentive or a proper reward for winning. No one would suddenly unlock everything if the win reward=25 while completing a match=10. A lot of things are off about the scoring actually, during matches, there's no bonus whatsoever for deviating from using a standard long weapon, a heavy weapon kill is less than a long gun kill, ledges and air attacks are also only worth 50 despite how contextual they are. There should be no scoring incentives to deviate from long gun/explosive gear. Plus like others said, it's apparently one challenge per day, when it should most definitely be three.

xRaizen

A full priced $60 AAA game with a giant ass campaign and free mp maps and modes...
Funny how I remember that past games in this very series included more than a measley 3 modes at launch.. all for that initial $60. Along with co-op :)

Oh and those games also had a full fledged campaign

I do agree that an rpg should be a insta ko. It was in uc2 and 3 so I'm kind of shocked it isn't. Most of the time I throw a grenade at someone I get an auto ko so it is bizarre with rpgs which arguably hits much harder.

I feel that it's cheap enough as it is. It takes zero effort to earn an RPG kill, the least you can do is down the guy.

Remember, this is a different game and you are comparing two weapons with different methods of acquisition. The RPG you get in U4 can be purchased by anyone several times during a match, they are not earned, your passive cash will get you several of them without you having to do anything, if that's what you want.

In U2, power weapons were earned and therefore it made sense for it to be powerful because it reflected your teams ability to better control the map and acquire the weapons that spawn in those spaces. In U3... the less said about the medal kickback system the better, really. Being able to turn your current weapon into an RPG that would instantly KO someone without providing them any opportunity to react, it was broken and unbalanced, but rarely used due to quickboom being a better option, particularly pre-patch.

Peff

There also needs to be some kind of video tutorial on how to make a custom class.

I've been using covert. . .I like that gun, and I like stealth. . .but I don't want to use it's smoke grenade.

So I go to custom class. . .and can't actually make one.

I've absolutely no clue what to do and the game doesn't tell you what.

It's probably related to adding a handgun, you need one no matter what else you have.

Love it when a full priced $60 AAA game implements systems that Free to Play games use to nickel and dime their players :)

What? The maps and everything in game are free. You can get anything without uncharted points. Relics through the app and relics through general play. You also have a huge campaign. I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. ALL DLC will be free to us.

xRaizen

What? The maps and everything in game are free. You can get anything without uncharted points. Relics through the app and relics through general play. You also have a huge campaign. I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. ALL DLC will be free to us.

I'd much rather pay the measley $10 per map pack if it means we also get a normal leveling/unlock system for customization, such as U3's. Money earned in game could be used to buy different skins and items. At least that was before the F2P update where they added stat hats.

Kinda crazy they let you do it again for double rewards. So far I've made 500 in a short time, it's actually pretty fun to play while in bed. Load times are a bit long but apart from that it's a decent companion app.

Someone was actually telling me you can use save states to earn an infinite amount of relics within minutes, rather than having to repeat it over and over again. I looked into it and it seems very easy to do actually.

Makes sense that that would work, given that it lets you repeat it.

I'd much rather pay the measley $10 per map pack if it means we also get a normal leveling/unlock system for customization, such as U3's. Money earned in game could be used to buy different skins and items. At least that was before the F2P update where they added stat hats.

Right...

For one, it's unlikely that the game would even have the body of content that it does have, if it wasn't there to encourage use of the MT system.

Also, you seem to have a very rose tinted perspective on U3. Aside for pistols, I have unlocked every weapon in the game within a day. Within a week, I have unlocked every hero weapon for one of the long guns - it doesn't take longer to unlock things here. U3 had you grinding for randomly distributed treasures in co-op to unlock skins. Weapons, boosters and actual gameplay related unlocks unlock just as fast, and U3 had upgrades that would need to be unlocked per booster, similar to this, but they also required you to do much more specific feats (earning particular medals) rather than 'use this item'. It isn't vastly different.

That, and whether or not you as an individual are willing to pay "a measly $10 per map pack" demonstrates complete ignorance to the issue. The reason people take issue with the paid map packs is because it splits the community. It doesn't matter of you are paying for those map packs, or not, it splits the user base apart from one another, shrinking the player pool, increasing matchmaking times, and presenting compatibility issues when playing with friends (usually resulting in you being forced to play as if you did not have the $10 map packs, because one guy does not own them". That style of digitally distributed content is primitive and actively degrades the value of the initialy purchased product with time (as it degrades the community surrounding it). With this model, you get access to everything, and then that value is enhanced with time as you gain additional maps for free, and get to play as a part of a strong community that haven't been torn apart by paid DLC.

Alienous

You have to give them credit though, they did launch with less than a standard amount of multiplayer maps and modes and will be giving you more maps and modes free of charge. That's generosity - you really should be thanking them.

xRaizen

You have to give them credit though, they did launch with less than a standard amount of multiplayer maps and modes and will be giving you more maps and modes free of charge. That's generosity - you really should be thanking them.
Especially co-op, which was there at launch on both U2 and U3. I'll make sure to thank them when they release it for U4 this Winter IF it doesn't get delayed of course!

Kyrios

Played 5 matches today, was top player for the first two. Just wish people would you know, heal lol I had one teammate run past me without even attempting to revive me...

giphy.gif

TP-DK

Funny how I remember that past games in this very series included more than a measley 3 modes at launch.. all for that initial $60. Along with co-op :)

Oh and those games also had a full fledged campaign

Yep lets ignore that the price of developing a blockbuster AAA game hasnt gone up since then.

I'm confused guys.

Why are people complaining about unlocks? I appear to be unlocking guns and stuff just from playing?

What's the issue for those of us late to the thread? What's locked away in these random chests.... Purely cosmetic items?

I'm confused guys.

Why are people complaining about unlocks? I appear to be unlocking guns and stuff just from playing?

What's the issue for those of us late to the thread? What's locked away in these random chests.... Purely cosmetic items?
The time to unlock is quite high for lots of things

xRaizen

Yep lets ignore that the price of developing a blockbuster AAA game hasnt gone up since then.
Let's also ignore that this game had a longer development time than the other two :)

just feels like they took one step back for every two steps they made. Like they devolved from U2/3's MP

Top Bottom