• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

winter comes before spring

i can see why he's confused though. the first transition to winter starts in december of any given year, but the first season of any given year, is also winter, in january.

so when people say winter 20xx, it's not always clear which quarter of the year they're talking about.

i can see why he's confused though. the first transition to winter starts in december of any given year, but the first season of any given year, is also winter, in january.

so when people say winter 20xx, it's not always clear which quarter of the year they're talking about.
Yeah I would consider Winter 2017 to be December 2017 through February 2018 :p

skelekey

I find it bizarre that people believe that this game has more in the gameplay department than Uncharted 3. For the Handful of things added; crawling on the ground, rope swinging, and summoning drones, they nixed a lot more. Grenade throwback is out, although, there's hardly any grenade use anyways. Stealth kills are out. Sprint is out. There's no terrain physics, and there's no power weapons on the map. Also, from what I have played, maps are underwhelming but besides that, I haven't seen a moving map.

And to top it off, this game has the worst implementation of melee i have ever played. Normal melee might as well not exist. And charged melee forces you to commit to melee. Softening your enemy up and then going for the melee finish will often times leave your opponent still standing, making it the safer bet to finish them off with gunfire.

Edit: Also, there's no power plays, or overtime, and I have not spotted any mannable turrets.

I find it bizarre that people believe that this game has more in the gameplay department than Uncharted 3. For the Handful of things added; crawling on the ground, rope swinging, and summoning drones, they nixed a lot more. Grenade throwback is out, although, there's hardly any grenade use anyways. Stealth kills are out. Sprint is out. There's no terrain physics, and there's no power weapons on the map. Also, from what I have played, maps are underwhelming but besides that, I haven't seen a moving map.

And to top it off, this game has the worst implementation of melee i have ever played. Normal melee might as well not exist. And charged melee forces you to commit to melee. Softening your enemy up and then going for the melee finish will often times leave your opponent still standing, making it the safer bet to finish them off with gunfire.

Edit: Also, there's no power plays, or overtime, and I have not spotted any mannable turrets.

Personally it just seems unfinished to me. Lacking all sorts of major features like game modes previous games had, with no replacements.

Yeah some will get patched in in a few months...but they're calling that support, not finishing the game.

I'd pay money if they added a UC2 flashback map pack with classic mode. I like the MP but a no loadout, AK 47 and Para 9/2 grenade playlist with these mechanics would be a dream.

Javin98

Banned
Hey, is it just me or have the servers been hammered lately? Now I didn't play the multiplayer until earlier, but when I did, I get lag to the point I can't move every 5-10 seconds. To be fair, my Internet is shitty, with upload speed of 0.85 mbit/s or so. However, even the beta wasn't this bad.

Foxxsoxx

You don't need things like power plays or turrets to make a game good. They took out alot of the BS and kept some basic fundamentals in. If anything this game feels like a good mix of U2 and U3, which I find just fine.

For the app how can I tell if I'm signed in when I go to redeem a key? Also what do the treasure chests actually do? Picked one up but nothing happened?

Man they keep nerfing the app. Now it scales to 8 hours or 2400 gold and the chests only give 125 relic points

Also I can't get the date and time stuff to work

Caleranatior

Neo Member

A lot of these are good things though. Grenade throwback made grenades useless for their main purpose (flushing people out of cover), plus there was too much grenade spam anyway. Stealth kills didn't work because there was no way to know if the enemy had their camera facing you even though you were behind them, so you'd just melee instead and get killed. Plus it was highly susceptible to lag. Sprint made everyone too fast and had no downside, which ruined Plunder and most of the old maps which were not made with it in mind. The dynamic intros like the plane and train were extremely broken and got boring after you played them a few times so I'm glad they're gone.

Melee was too powerful at two hits, especially combined with how good blindfire was. As ND themselves have now said, a lot of close range fights just ended up with people hitting each other until someone (or a lot of the time both of you) died. You could also never roll to avoid it properly before, which you now can. Charged melee is a great mechanic, yes you have to commit to it because it's a one hit down, so there is some risk/reward involved and you need to choose the time to use it carefully. But at the same time if you're paying attention you can hear an enemy player charging it up and roll to avoid it, rather than just being instakilled with a neck snap because they were using a silent skeleton skin and you couldn't hear them behind you like previous games.

zkorejo

Eddie Raja has teh best dialogues in MP.

"There are no zombies right?.. I kind of dont like them" referencing to Uncharted 1.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The one thing I do honestly miss from Uncharted 3 gameplay wise were those opening sequences in the Airstrip and London Underground maps. Jumping from train to train was friggin cool.

f@luS

More than a member.
damn should have finished the IOS game yesterday

i had left to do the 4 "map" , and now they updated it and indeed the clock bypassing isnt working anymore and they give just 125 runes.

test_account

XP-39C²
That feeling when you're team is leading all the way, and up with 7 kills or something and then loses 39-40, lol :( I chocked at the end myself, so i wasnt helping.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Glad I got that app stuff done while it was hot. I suppose I can afford to wait out the rest of the rewards whenever they add in the new puzzles.

Is anyone getting any connection issues with this game? I'm confused as a pretty decent connection and have never experienced any issues before but I keep getting that disconnect symbol.

It's frustrating as hell. It freezes my character in place but everything around me is playing as normal with no noticeable lag. Keeps getting me killed.

Other than that issue though i'm loving the multiplayer. Makes me really wish the singleplayer was 60FPS.

Javin98

Banned
Is anyone getting any connection issues with this game? I'm confused as a pretty decent connection and have never experienced any issues before but I keep getting that disconnect symbol.

It's frustrating as hell. It freezes my character in place but everything around me is playing as normal with no noticeable lag. Keeps getting me killed.

Other than that issue though i'm loving the multiplayer. Makes me really wish the singleplayer was 60FPS.
Yes, I'm getting exactly this issue. Most matches I played earlier were completely fine, but the more recent matches were plaqued with these issues every 5-10 seconds. But I just finished a match on Scotland and it was butter smooth the whole way. Weird.

I get the feeling this is more of a server issue and hopefully ND can fix this.

They need to add more hero characters as there are only 7 heroes but like 13(?) villains.

PlayStation pack
Joel - Last of Us
Templar - Killzone
Echo - Killzone
Fetch - Infamous
Cole - Infamous
Nathan Hale - Resistance
Gabe Logan - Syphon Filter
Lian Xing - Syphon Filter
Specter - Socom
Forty-Five - Socom

Maybe a historical characters pack(or current characters dressed as historical characters)
Francis Drake, Marco Polo, pirates, knights, Samurai, etc.

Yes, I'm getting exactly this issue. Most matches I played earlier were completely fine, but the more recent matches were plaqued with these issues every 5-10 seconds. But I just finished a match on Scotland and it was butter smooth the whole way. Weird.

I get the feeling this is more of a server issue and hopefully ND can fix this.

Glad to know it's not just me. Yeah, it's very weird in the fact that it's sporadic and not in every match but it's the worst when it happens in a rank qualifier :-(

Javin98

Banned
Glad to know it's not just me. Yeah, it's very weird in the fact that it's sporadic and not in every match but it's the worst when it happens in a rank qualifier :-(
Yep, also, I've noticed some other players seem to experience this issue as well. They occasionally just stand at one spot doing nothing, just as we would.

Glad I got that app stuff done while it was hot. I suppose I can afford to wait out the rest of the rewards whenever they add in the new puzzles.
Can someone tweet them or something and ask if they have plans to increase the relic payout for matches? I know they wanna focus on micro transactions and all but would it kill them to increase just completing a game to 10 relic points and winning to be something even somewhat substantial? As is there's no driven to play for relics after the daily is done.

Revven

I was thinking of potential people they could add. A PlayStation Heroes pack like U2 could work. Maybe they'll add Joel?

They could add Rika Raja from Eye of the Indra motion comic, Jeff the Cameraman from UC2, and some other side characters like Schafer is even missing.

They should also add the villain from the motion comic as well. I mean, the fact the Eye of the Indra is actually in the game as a mystical is enough evidence to suggest that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

The one thing I do honestly miss from Uncharted 3 gameplay wise were those opening sequences in the Airstrip and London Underground maps. Jumping from train to train was friggin cool.

I don't. Those sequences were a mess. They were only cool the first week and then after that they became a chore. And not just a chore, but with the variance in connections between players they were very, very wonky. Lag could completely mess with where the train/cars were positioned on your screen, whether a player died on these parts, and hell everything to do with lag was magnified here because these sequences were not thought about with lag/latency in mind. I am glad they are gone.

I hope whatever maps they are planning to put in this game with vehicles (they said/hinted a long time ago, before the maps were announced to be free, that the DLC maps would involve vehicles or at least some of them) are much better designed and don't rely on the game needing to have perfect connections between all ten players in a given match.

xRaizen

Can someone tweet them or something and ask if they have plans to increase the relic payout for matches? I know they wanna focus on micro transactions and all but would it kill them to increase just completing a game to 10 relic points and winning to be something even somewhat substantial? As is there's no driven to play for relics after the daily is done.

The system is doing it's job, they drip feed you the points where it seems so utterly slow and will eventually make you want to pay for what you want.

Just like many other free to play games.

Top Bottom