• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Farewell

wait, future multiplayer maps will be free? so what benefits gives the "triple pack", which includes 2 multiplayer addons? iam thinking about buying it.

Assuming the roadmap is correct, they only have one additional mode planned over the course of the next year? That's not very encouraging.

26724906131_42b3142be4_b.jpg

Drencrom

wait, future multiplayer maps will be free? so what benefits gives the "triple pack", which includes 2 multiplayer addons? iam thinking about buying it.

Yes, all future maps, modes etc will be free in MP.

You will get the Singleplayer DLC (think 'Left Behind' for TLOU) with the triple pack.

Spizz

Banned
Beat the SP so I'll definitely be playing a lot of MP now. I looked through the OP and couldn't find anything (sorry if I missed it) I know there's a PS4 community? Does anyone know how I could get in? Thanks.

Uncharted 4. Where you spend all of your ammo and time killing OP AI bots as they sense you across the map and then you get killed by a player cus you're distracted, focuses on trying to take down The Terminator. Joke.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The hell is up with morons that play Plunder like it's TDM and completely ignore the idol?
Get used to it. It's not as bad as it was in past Uncharted games yet though. In the past games, kills you'd get during the mode would count towards your overall KDR in the leaderboards so every game was filled with people just treating the mode like it was TDM to boost up their stats. It never got fixed in UC2, but it did in UC3....months after the game launched.

Captain Marvel

Neo Member
Played the hell out of both Uncharted 2 and 3 mp, and im enjoying 4. There are a few things here and there that i wish they bring back from 3, like improving the treasure system (and a few other things that aren't coming to mind right now, still so far so good.

Drencrom

I really hope they add a map like Highrise from UC2, huge level with lots of verticality and multi-layered planes etc. There really is no multi-layered map in the MP like there was in UC2 and UC3, not sure why either because it would be so cool and work well with the grappling hook.

I like the inclusion of the down mechanic, and the teamwork it brings.

Thankfully, you can turn it off in private matches, so maybe GAF can get some games going

It ruins games as teams clump together knowing they can just heal each other. Especially when there's no risk to run and heal someone... They can stay in cover and pop their special power and do a big circle revive without moving.

Big. Beautiful. Stunning maps. But the inclusion of DBNO = stick to one small patch and revive spam.

So depressing. I hope they remove it altogether.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It'd be nice if you could play exclusively as one side, like TLoU with its Hunters and Fireflies factions. Lazarevic never fails to crack me up.

Uncharted 4. Where you spend all of your ammo and time killing OP AI bots as they sense you across the map and then you get killed by a player cus you're distracted, focuses on trying to take down The Terminator. Joke.
You should be confronting those big guys with your team. They fall very quickly if you do so.

VeeP

Aim for their head. Their health will drop rapidly. And if it's so OP just use it on them.

a brute will be down with 2 charged melees or a single rope swing melee. if they're not in a position for either of those things, just ignore them and get them later.
Aim for their head. Their health will drop rapidly. And if it's so OP just use it on them.
also this. if you think mysticals and sidekicks are OP and you can't compete with them then just use them yourself.

Wowbagger

Beat the SP so I'll definitely be playing a lot of MP now. I looked through the OP and couldn't find anything (sorry if I missed it) I know there's a PS4 community? Does anyone know how I could get in? Thanks.

Did you request membership? Just approved all pending requests. Sorry if I made you wait. I need to remember to check the community directly, since PSN seems slow to alert of new requests.

a brute will be down with 2 charged melees or a single rope swing melee. if they're not in a position for either of those things, just ignore them and get them later.

also this. if you think mysticals and sidekicks are OP and you can't compete with them then just use them yourself.

TBH, I dislike the sidekicks too. Always have. They are balanced well to the point where it doesnt bother me, but just take away from a purer PvP

A.i is also a bit dumb.

I also think the medic needs a slight rebalance. He shouldn't spawn in with you every time you die.

They were worse in beta when they could regenerate health. It was so easy to hide behind your a.i as a whole team and camp in a corner of the map behind them

xinek

I really wanted to like this MP, but I'm not feeling it so far. Factions is probably my favorite MP of all time -- anyone else who loved that have an opinion on this? It was pretty tough to start out in Factions before unlocking weapon upgrades and LPs -- is this pretty much the same? For now, I seem to be using a peashooter exclusively and the movement feels really sluggish and sloppy. Hope it clicks eventually, because I bought the triple pack -- got to support publishers who release free DLC!

Spizz

Banned
Did you request membership? Just approved all pending requests. Sorry if I made you wait. I need to remember to check the community directly, since PSN seems slow to alert of new requests.
No worries, I didn't send a request yet, who accepts the requests?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Man, the pistole is so underpowered that's not even funny.

Two point blank shots and the enemy doesn't go down. That's just plain ridiculous.

Mediking

I just got done playing alot this evening.... yikes... you can tell who are the really good players because there's always one person sort've trailing another teamate who has another person trailing that teammate.

I just finished the single player and I must say there are spoilers in the mp. Kinda regret playing it before.
Crazy rafe is a spoiler, for example
and
older Elena

Finalow

goddamn, fix this fucking SHIT naughty dog.

matchmaking is broken. I play one game, get thrown back into searching for a new game, and it doesn't find one. I have to exit to the fucking main menu all the time and then search again to get a game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So the one point bolt action pistol is better than the 5 point bolt action sniper. They both down in a single head shot. The long gun downs in two body shots and the pistol downs in three. The pistol's reload is pretty much the same speed as the long gun's bolting, and the long gun also has to reload (which takes a very long time) after 5 shots. I think the pistol's scope-in time might be faster too.

Revven

Assuming the roadmap is correct, they only have one additional mode planned over the course of the next year? That's not very encouraging.

They said in their live stream a week ago or so the road map is not everything. That they are absolutely going to be doing more than what is listed on the road map. They just have not solidified what those are yet. The road map is more just what they actually can officially say is coming without breaking any promises.

Just look to Uncharted 3 & TLOU to see how Naughty Dog adds content to their multiplayer and how dedicated they are to supporting it with new content. There's no reason to not expect similar treatment here with UC4, especially when it's very likely to be the last Uncharted multiplayer.

They said in their live stream a week ago or so the road map is not everything. That they are absolutely going to be doing more than what is listed on the road map. They just have not solidified what those are yet. The road map is more just what they actually can officially say is coming without breaking any promises.

Just look to Uncharted 3 & TLOU to see how Naughty Dog adds content to their multiplayer and how dedicated they are to supporting it with new content. There's no reason to not expect similar treatment here with UC4, especially when it's very likely to be the last Uncharted multiplayer.

Ah cool, I tried to stay away from prelaunch media. That's good.

Is there a mode like Gears of War's Horde Mode? Uncharted's P v P multiplayer is not for me but I was hoping for a cooperative Horde like mode.

Trudging along with the Stoner to get the 50 heavy weapon downs I need for the loadout point. Think I'm sticking with 25 for awhile (at least until I unlock the XCR stuff I want), don't see myself going for 200 pistol downs anytime soon.

Is there a mode like Gears of War's Horde Mode? Uncharted's P v P multiplayer is not for me but I was hoping for a cooperative Horde like mode.

Unfortunately no, there was one in 3, but it didn't make it to 4.

Top Bottom