• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

idonteven

people fucking suck at this game... revive someone next to me ? FUCK NO I NEED KILLS...

this is not a call of duty game ffs stop playing like it is

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Just noticed that they removed the gear revive and the other relic booster.

+headshots aren't insta KOs for some inane reason so you're left with downing enemies from far away and having to close the gap to finish them off. There's no reason to snipe.

Really sad how poorly balanced it is.
There's also auto aim on hip fire.

I also don;t see the point of sidekicks other than making the game even more unbalanced. Sidekicks, powerups, one off weapons.....its liked ND just chucked everything at MP.

Lazaravic: "I'm coming for you!"

aww that's sweet but a bit too raunchy for a T game

really though I like playing as him because his lines are surprisingly good and I hope he gives PTSD flashbacks to people who played UC2

Irish

5:13

IEFkbzD.gif

Well, it isn't true blindfire if you can actually see who you're shooting at. Still doesn't match the three kills I got while falling from the tower above the hammer spawn in Sanctuary.

Blind fire ineffectiveness which leads to everyone literally slowing down to ads is slower. .

See video above.

In UC3 I could jump from a high vantage point, activate my rocket kickback in mid flight, a effectively blind fire that bad boy into the doomed crowd below. Can I perform anything even remotely close here? Hell no.

This has to be sarcasm...

A lot of people seem to really, really want level progression (1, 2, 3).

I dont see the big deal, but some people are pointing it out as a big flaw that ruins the whole MP

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
people fucking suck at this game... revive someone next to me ? FUCK NO I NEED KILLS...

this is not a call of duty game ffs stop playing like it is

I take a while before reviving someone, precisely because I don't want to be killed while reviving someone. I either remove any threat of reviving someone or we both die.

Unless they literally pass you to pursue someone to kill them, which is pretty frustrating.

Mediking

I take a while before reviving someone, precisely because I don't want to be killed while reviving someone. I either remove any threat of reviving someone or we both die.

Unless they literally pass you to pursue someone to kill them, which is pretty frustrating.

Hahaha I almost always heal a ally. I can't help but feel the need to help someone. But... I will say that helping someone who just got knocked down is suicide because it's almost always a trap. I always look around the area first before healing. People have also learned to crawl quickly to a safe spot to get healed.

Is there an ability that lets you melee quickly three times?

It's three hits a kill... And yet someone can kill me with melee only quicker than it takes me to shoot them with an assault rifle. Is that a perk?

If you don't think crawling on the ground or being literally stopped to revive a fallen teammate are slower then I don't know what to tell you. That's only the half of it anyways. There are many more ways it's slower. Buying things in a menu is slower. Loading a bought weapon as opposed to it being ready to fire is slower. Blind fire ineffectiveness which leads to everyone literally slowing down to ads is slower. In UC3 I could jump from a high vantage point, activate my rocket kickback in mid flight, a effectively blind fire that bad boy into the doomed crowd below. Can I perform anything even remotely close here? Hell no.

You're trying to imply that the game is so slow, but you're just exaggerating. It's not as slow as you make it out to be, and there are a lot of fast action paced scenarios that come because of the down system.

Just because I cant insta-explode my enemies doesnt mean the game is super slow like LoU. Just because sprint is there doesnt mean the game is slow. Especially since UC3 maps were uselessly larger. The sprint in UC3 was only really there to make up for the dead space in some of the UC3 maps.

You seem to try and paint this game as excessively slow but it's not. Purchasing a store option takes literally less than a second, and yet you seem to hang on to arguments like that as a big criticism for the game's speed.

On top of that, you seem to love UC3 for having "moving maps", when those were just shitty intro maps that added "action" at the cost of any sense of balance. The spawn system was horrible in the train map and on the trucks. Then you'd spawn in the bigger map, and immediately have a horrible power play to try and make up for the horrendous sense of balance in those moving maps.

UC3 was such a gimmick. Throwing a bunch of features to the wall and hoping they stick didn't make UC3 good, and it doesnt make UC4 worse for not having them

Finalow

But the OHKO melee
it's pretty bad, very slow and awful range. only works if the opponent doesn't see you but at that point it's much better and safer to just shoot.

Eh melee is not useless at all
''almost useless'' :p
95% of the time if you try to melee instead of using blindfire you die from the guy who is using blindifre. especially since he can get out of range and still kill you.
that is, in a 1v1 situation where you're both close to each other.

TheTurboFD

ugh I love the multiplayer but oh my does this game contain the players with the worst teamwork ever. Not even TLOU had shitty players like this.

xRaizen

You're trying to imply that the game is so slow, but you're just exaggerating. It's not as slow as you make it out to be, and there are a lot of fast action paced scenarios that come because of the down system.

Just because I cant insta-explode my enemies doesnt mean the game is super slow like LoU. Just because sprint is there doesnt mean the game is slow. Especially since UC3 maps were uselessly larger. The sprint in UC3 was only really there to make up for the dead space in some of the UC3 maps.

You seem to try and paint this game as excessively slow but it's not. Purchasing a store option takes literally less than a second, and yet you seem to hang on to arguments like that as a big criticism for the game's speed.

On top of that, you seem to love UC3 for having "moving maps", when those were just shitty intro maps that added "action" at the cost of any sense of balance. The spawn system was horrible in the train map and on the trucks. Then you'd spawn in the bigger map, and immediately have a horrible power play to try and make up for the horrendous sense of balance in those moving maps.

UC3 was such a gimmick. Throwing a bunch of features to the wall and hoping they stick didn't make UC3 good, and it doesnt make UC4 worse for not having them
It isn't as fast as U3, not even like U2. This game also encourages a team to stick together in a small area and hunker down. A team with at least two Cintamani Stone players will keep everyone alive the whole match while everyone else spams snipers/heavies/mysticals. In U2/U3 at least there were multiple power weapon spawns on the map that could take out the whole enemy team that's camping in just a few shots or less.

This makes the game comparatively slower than the previous installments and downs just add to that since you can revive teammates almost instantly now.

Man, you'd think watching me that I've never played a shooter in my life. I've been playing them since I was a kid and competitive mp as well, but I am fucking garbage in this.

man i feel like every gun except the FAL is garbage, that gun is too good.

FAL is my favorite gun, but I think the AK is the best gun in the game at the moment, despite the fact that it's the default gun. There's no reason to use any other fullauto rifle over it. The blindfire is damn good on it as well.
You can pay to recharge your thing. I was killed by three mines from the same guy in less than 2 mins. I'd say that's spam.
But it's not spam. You can have three mines placed at one time, and paying doesn't instantly recharge a mine. He had to wait for those three to charge and then place them. Just try to be more observant when entering an enemy zone or invest in that explosives awareness perk.

Vade

In response to Skelekey:

UC2 was ND trying to make their own fun multiplayer game in a 'mostly secure' vacuum. UC3 was ND looking at all other multiplayer games and taking from them and thinking the game would be good because it worked elsewhere.

UC3's stupid intro parts were horrible which is why they started disabling them/making their frequency tiny. There was no balance, spawns were shit and could be manipulated easily. I remember distinctly getting a rampage on London just firing into one train car while they kept respawning in the same location.

I started multiplayer and it wants me to do the tutorial and I press x to continue but it won't continue? It doesn't acknowledge that I'm pressing x and it just has it stuck at the "here's a few basic we need to go through" or whatever

FAL is my favorite gun, but I think the AK is the best gun in the game at the moment, despite the fact that it's the default gun. There's no reason to use any other fullauto rifle over it. The blindfire is damn good on it as well.

But it's not spam. You can have three mines placed at one time, and paying doesn't instantly recharge a mine. He had to wait for those three to charge and then place them. Just try to be more observant when entering an enemy zone or invest in that explosives awareness perk.

WHAT?! YOU GET THREE MINES!?

Really? I used the smaller assault rifle and it seems great. . I never even gave the AK a glance. What makes it better?

I wish there were better ways to earn relics. I've never been a fan of "get X kills with X weapon" in multiplayer games. I just want to play however I want and be able to see progress. Trials are ok though, but they're limited. Also I've opened like 20 crates total and most of them were just single character unlocks. I have basically no items to customize my character with. Sucks.

Quick question: I'm at Chapter 18
(New Devon)
in the singleplayer - are there any maps, characters or equipment in the multiplayer that will spoil something that I have yet to encounter in the singleplayer?

Mines are amazing. I just throw the everywhere whenever it recharges. Consistently get downs/KOs all game because there is so much movement in the game. They pretty much all get stepped on at some point.

Having more than 1 at any time + they stay on map after a death is great.

Really? I used the smaller assault rifle and it seems great. . I never even gave the AK a glance. What makes it better?
It has a large clip, steady rate of fire (recoil is easily manageable), and enough damage per bullet that it can be really deadly in the hands of competent players. I mean, maybe it's just my experience, but I feel like I get downed by it faster than any other long gun thus far.

Quick question: I'm at Chapter 18
(New Devon)
in the singleplayer - are there any maps, characters or equipment in the multiplayer that will spoil something that I have yet to encounter in the singleplayer?
A single map and character skin.

it's pretty bad, very slow and awful range. only works if the opponent doesn't see you but at that point it's much better and safer to just shoot.

''almost useless'' :p
95% of the time if you try to melee instead of using blindfire you die from the guy who is using blindifre. especially since he can get out of range and still kill you.
that is, in a 1v1 situation where you're both close to each other.

The OHKO melee has great range lol

Miggy

I started multiplayer and it wants me to do the tutorial and I press x to continue but it won't continue? It doesn't acknowledge that I'm pressing x and it just has it stuck at the "here's a few basic we need to go through" or whatever

When I did the tutorial, the game was asking me to hold the x button. Maybe you should try that and see what happens.

v1lla21

Ollo, anyone interested in partying up for mp goodness? My psn is the same as here.

Wtf, two days and challenges haven't reset? Fix yo shit Bill Gates.

Top Bottom