• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Wow. Had a close Plunder match, 2-2 with one minute left and the artifact literally spawned right on top of their chest. Nothing we could do. Damn it ND

Why? Nerfing the best guns or buffing the worst guns ends with the same end balance result, the only difference is if they want the TTK to be faster or slower.

Nerfing things always feels worse to the user and like you said it changes the pace of the game and that runs the risk of changing the game into something peoeple don't like as much.

Co-op is gonna be a free addition in the summer. We are not sure whether it'll be a survival (horde) type mode, co-op adventure or both just yet.

In the Fall...and it better be horde mode. I sunk countless hours into it in previous games. I'd be really annoyed if it wasn't considering this could be the last game.

Man, fuck the Hunter.

This trial on Crushing is driving me more crazy than Savior did.

It's like if I miss one shot of my RPG, I'm fucked.

If the AI kills the Hunter before I do, I'm fucked.

If I die because I'm running and gunning away from something that looks like it came out of Borderlands, I'm fucked.

Gah, try again tomorrow.

I'm trying to master all the Trials before hopping online.

dcelw540

Why there is no level and ranking in the multiplayer? Will they bring it back?

That's my thought as well. Also this multiplayer is a bit lacking.

Things they should add
-leveling up system
-color change on cosmetic items
-more game modes (2 vs 2/ 3v3/ elimination)
-possibly bring back "the lab"
-co-op
-more maps
-more customized items (pants, shirts, shoes, wrists,hands, necklaces)

Overall gameplay is great just need to add a few more things to be amazing multiplayer for me.

Man, fuck the Hunter.

If I die because I'm running and gunning away from something that looks like it came out of Borderlands, I'm fucked.

Gah, try again tomorrow.

I think all of the sidekicks are reminiscent of the TLOU mercs actually

Nate's skin is bugging the crap out of me
Story version:

They literally couldn't have changed those colors to uglier versions.
Flat green shirt and mud color pants.
Uncharted&

3rd favorite skin(after the Baseball shirt and UC3's ) for him is ruined.

zkorejo

Man, fuck the Hunter.

Gah, try again tomorrow.

Hunter is pretty easy compared to savior. Just use the marksman loadoutfif you are good with snipers. Or you can hang on the rope as soon as you see them coming and do the rope killl when they are close.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So uh... does the first SMG have any strengths? It just seems like a weaker AK at the moment. I'm finding a lot of the long guns disappointing. The sidearms by comparison have been great. I usually don't even run a long gun, but I want that loadout point.

SSReborn

I don't quite remember but in Uncharted 2 mp was Rika Raja considered a Hero or Villain?

Just wondering where she'll fall if she ever makes it in the game.

Anyone else getting massive connection issues all the time, where almost every player freezes? It's nigh unplayable at times if others have 2 bars connection to you.

Just take the shotgun out of the game naughty dog, you can't even down someone point blank. By the time you pump it again you're so dead.

Anyone else getting massive connection issues all the time, where almost every player freezes? It's nigh unplayable at times if others have 2 bars connection to you.

Nope, everyone always full bars. connectivity has been amazing for me

has snapping to cover been wonky for anyone else? There are spots that just don't work at crucial times

Hunter is pretty easy compared to savior. Just use the marksman loadoutfif you are good with snipers. Or you can hang on the rope as soon as you see them coming and do the rope killl when they are close.

Yeah, the hunter at least will come to you. The savior challenge is just maddening. closest I've only been able to get mid 3000s in that one. Hadn't beaten hunter yet, but I've been able to get close.

jwk94

Man, Ranked TDM is so pointless right now. Performance doesn't matter if your team loses, because you still lose points. How did someone think that was a good idea? This wouldn't be too big of an issue if I could bring my party with me, but nope we're different ranks smh. And then there's the fact that your rank isn't displayed next to your name either. How many people are going to check the leaderboards to see their rank vs. their friends? We should have an icon displaying our rank symbol next to our name as a bragging rights thing since they got rid of levels.

Just take the shotgun out of the game naughty dog, you can't even down someone point blank. By the time you pump it again you're so dead.

Nope, everyone always full bars. connectivity has been amazing for me

Interesting, my mate and I quit the party and it went back to normal. But whenever we are in a party we have non stop issues. NG plz fix

SSReborn

She was a Hero.

Pinkerton was the Villain.
Cool, thanks.
has snapping to cover been wonky for anyone else? There are spots that just don't work at crucial times

Yeah, the hunter at least will come to you. The savior challenge is just maddening. closest I've only been able to get mid 3000s in that one. Hadn't beaten hunter yet, but I've been able to get close.
There are some weird times where it doesn't quite work as I want it too and I end up dying because of it.

Hey AKyemeni, you have a video up of classic lite or whatever. How was your experience with that do you think a mode like that with no downs works with the new games mechanics?

24hr

Is there anyway to remove mods from weapons without clearing the weapon and starting again? Such a pain

KyleCross

I'm having a real miserable time with the MP so far. Every single match I've been in has involved my team getting decimated, I haven't been on the winning side once. Things were really balanced in the beta and stress test tho, plenty of wins and loses all around and it was great. Also it is almost always the island map.

Guess I've just been having bad luck. Gonna take a bit of a break and come back later.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Someone earlier mentioned using the loadout with the Condor for the Savior challenge. Yeah, definitely give that a try. Managed to beat the Crushing difficulty on my first go, but your mileage may vary.

I found the Hunter trial to be more difficult, but eventually, I settled upon the Barok being the most cost-efficient heavy weapon for taking out that particular Sidekick. It's just really annoying when your AI teammates nab your kill, giving you nothing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Really liking the MP though I'm not great at it but I was never the best at FPS and TPS style games in MP, at least with a console controller. Still the mechanics are solid, the maps are well designed and overall its got that really good collection of addicting qualities.

Like others have said I just hope they start releasing some new modes, a free for all or regular death match being the most obvious addition and one I'm surprised wasn't in there from the start since they have team deathmatch. I'd also love some types of game with more smaller teams like 3 v 3 v 3 or 2 v 2 v 2 v 2.

The shotgun should be more powerful. It seems good in SP but takes like 30 point blank shots in MP. I think it was better in the betas. Useless now. I channeled Gears and wall bounced a guy yesterday. It was pretty hilarious looking. Also to do the swinging KO do you have to press square before you leave the rope or in mid-air?

So uh... does the first SMG have any strengths? It just seems like a weaker AK at the moment. I'm finding a lot of the long guns disappointing. The sidearms by comparison have been great. I usually don't even run a long gun, but I want that loadout point.

I see no reason to use that or the XCR which seems even worse. AK trumps all, FAL doesn't even compare imo. I heard the Mettler got hit with a nerf from the beta as well.

todahawk

The shotgun should be more powerful. It seems good in SP but takes like 30 point blank shots in MP. I think it was better in the betas. Useless now. I channeled Gears and wall bounced a guy yesterday. It was pretty hilarious looking. Also to do the swinging KO do you have to press square before you leave the rope or in mid-air?

yeah, the shotty definitely got nerfed from the beta. point blank should bring someone down but nope.

I see no reason to use that or the XCR which seems even worse. AK trumps all, FAL doesn't even compare imo. I heard the Mettler got hit with a nerf from the beta as well.

Playing more I think the mettler has kept the same damage as the beta, but they increased the recoil a bit. I stopped using it till I get a hero version of it with a weapon chest roll that has a recoil mod on it.

Yeah. If I'm using the shotgun I have to have it comboed with the hunter. Just follow him throughout the map and quickly down whoever the hunter grabs.

I've tried the rope and ledge strategy but I guess I'm just not getting enough points. I know I can do it though.

Top Bottom