• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

when your challenge is to get 10 mine downs :)

command here we come

scrubs haven't figured out explosive awareness is pretty much a requirement yet

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
there is nothing i hate in shooters more than C4s lying around. it defeats the entire point of pvp battles.

Anyway, i am loving the multiplayer. the shooting feels so good and the supers work very well in Plunder and Command. After a disappointing campaign, I am just just happy to be enjoying the multiplayer so much. Played it all day yesterday.

Drencrom

Okay, why the hell is the Revolver (Jackal) and the Shotgun (Spezzotti 12 Gauge) so goddamn underpowered?

Like really, they both have a very small clip size (shotgun has 4 shells and the revolver 6 shots), a slow rate of fire and long reload time. It takes like 2~3 shots to down someone with the shotgun, which is like impossible because of the horrible range and the slow rate of fire... and the revolver takes like 3~4 shots to down an opponent... why?! All these factors basically renders the Shotgun and the Revovler useless as of the moment which sucks because I really like them otherwise.

Okay, why the hell is the Revolver (Jackal) and the Shotgun (Spezzotti 12 Gauge) so goddamn underpowered?

Like really, they both have a very small clip size (shotgun has 4 shells and the revolver 6 shots), a slow rate of fire and long reload time. It takes like 2~3 shots to down someone with the shotgun, which is like impossible because of the horrible range and the slow rate of fire... and the revolver takes like 3~4 shots to down an opponent... why?! All these factors basically renders the Shotgun and the Revovler useless as of the moment which sucks because I really like them otherwise.

pistole sucks as well

stryke

I think i have to ditch the AK. For some reason i find it difficult to manage its bullet spread whereas I'm better with the mp34

Drencrom

pistole sucks as well

Yes, horrible range and the thing doesn't even kill your opponent most of the time with just one clip (2 shells) which will kill you because of the horrible reload time.

I'm not even mad because they aren't as powerful as in UC2 and UC3 (the shotgun, revolver and pistole were power weapons you picked up), but here they aren't even viable as standard weapons ffs.

Yes, horrible range and the thing doesn't even kill your opponent most of the time with just one clip (2 shells) which will kill you because of the horrible reload time.

I'm not even mad because they aren't as powerful as in UC2 and UC3 (the shotgun, revolver and pistole were power weapons you picked up), but here they aren't even viable as standard weapons ffs.

They're viable, pistole is great for finishing anyone off whom you have even dealt a sliver of damage to. In comparison to other pistols it has relatively circumscribed functionality, but it's still handy in a pinch and can let you down some aggressors much better than you would be able to with alternatives such as the para 9 due to higher burst damage.

It has the fastest TTK on someone who is already damaged, at close range. As I say, that gives it a relatively circumscribed functionality, but you can still use it effectively if you know what you're doing.

I have explosive awareness on my main custom loadout and I still agree with him.

Explosive awareness isn't especially important after a while. Better off just getting familiar with the cues (audio, visual) that make the mines a give-away.

Additionally, with the way mines work they aren't very effective on opponents that are running around as a group. I've probably been downed by mines countless times, but the number of times I've been KOed as a result of those downs is very few.

Ultimately, using a explosive awareness is a crutch that supports a players inability to adapt to the in-built mechanics allowing you to detect them on your own. In the long run it's a waste of load out points and liable to become a bad habbit as you find yourself dependent on a high-cost perk which only fulfills a role that you could perform yourself, without it.

I have explosive awareness on my main custom loadout and I still agree with him.

you want me to use a perk slot just to combat C4s? Wouldnt that make it a crutch perk?

Since when are crutch perks a good thing?

Fair enough, I just haven't had a problem with C4 personally and most of the other boosters seem to suck.

Anyway what are your guys' favorite custom appearances so far?

I really like my Dad Sam
py8epln.jpg

Sport Rafe

Cowboy Knot

Farewell

Iam not getting my relics from the Uncharted Fortune App, farmed about 2000+ hours ago and just got 600, maybe they put a daily cap on it?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
pistole sucks as well

Nah. The pistole is great. Shoots fast and downs in 3 hits reliably from blindfire. KOs in 4. Or you can hit em twice and finish them with a quick punch. Reloads quickly too.

If you try aiming normally, you aren't utilizing the weapon properly. Its all about closing range, utilizing cover, and running around people, blasting them. With extended clip, that thing is bound to be a beast.

Revven

That's my thought as well. Also this multiplayer is a bit lacking.

Things they should add
-leveling up system

I don't really get why people want a leveling up system. It's just filling bars and it just forces people to unlock things in order. I like the current system much better. Plus, on the flip side, if they were to listen to the feedback about a leveling system in order for that system to even work they'd have to entirely rehaul how unlocking works period. Mods for everything would have to become level locked, guns, boosters, and so on would have to become level locked...

And then there's the fact that Uncharted Points and Relics can completely negate/bypass those level restrictions. And while you can already technically do that, it's not the same thing because... there's no levels. People can choose to focus on something to unlock what they want. Yeah, it means you need to do a ton of work to get everything as opposed to a standard leveling system but even then a leveling system in and of itself is a grind.

Anyway, chances are they aren't going to go back to a leveling up system. That's too much work for so, so little gain. And it's not even really a feature, it's just a thing people are used to having because it was like that in UC2 and UC3 MP (and other multiplayers, of course).

And this doesn't even touch on how skins wouldn't be tied to leveling up like in the old games. That whole leveling up system in the previous games was as much about getting/unlocking weapons, mods, boosters, etc as it was about getting cosmetics. You had a drive to unlock character skins. Without those, it really just makes more sense to have the current system. Otherwise, waiting until level 35 (just an example level) to use a decidedly shitty shotgun wouldn't feel very rewarding. :p

Drencrom

Nah. The pistole is great. Shoots fast and downs in 3 hits reliably from blindfire. KOs in 4. Or you can hit em twice and finish them with a quick punch. Reloads quickly too.

If you try aiming normally, you aren't utilizing the weapon properly. Its all about closing range, utilizing cover, and running around people, blasting them. With extended clip, that thing is bound to be a beast.

Well that's the thing, you have to reload the damn thing before downing someone... how is that not a red flag that the gun stinks compared to the other pistols? I've been playing for like 20 or something hours now online and haven't been killed once by that damn thing, because I could just easily mow them down with either my Para or AK/MP34a before they got me down.

Well that's the thing, you have to reload the damn thing before downing someone... how is that not a red flag that the gun stinks compared to the other pistols? I've been playing for like 20 or something hours now online and haven't been killed once by that damn thing, because I could just easily mow them down with either my Para or AK/MP34a before they got me down.

Then don't down them with the pistol. If you're using the pistole then you should be right next to them. It's not difficult to quickly execute them with melee, or switch to a primary now that they are no longer fighting back.

You need another shot to KO because otherwise with 3 within a clip the pistole would kill in a single clip. That would give it an absurdly fast time-to-kill up close, especially for a pistol.

I don't really get why people want a leveling up system. It's just filling bars and it just forces people to unlock things in order. I like the current system much better. Plus, on the flip side, if they were to listen to the feedback about a leveling system in order for that system to even work they'd have to entirely rehaul how unlocking works period. Mods for everything would have to become level locked, guns, boosters, and so on would have to become level locked...

And then there's the fact that Uncharted Points and Relics can completely negate/bypass those level restrictions. And while you can already technically do that, it's not the same thing because... there's no levels. People can choose to focus on something to unlock what they want. Yeah, it means you need to do a ton of work to get everything as opposed to a standard leveling system but even then a leveling system in and of itself is a grind.

Anyway, chances are they aren't going to go back to a leveling up system. That's too much work for so, so little gain. And it's not even really a feature, it's just a thing people are used to having because it was like that in UC2 and UC3 MP (and other multiplayers, of course).

And this doesn't even touch on how skins wouldn't be tied to leveling up like in the old games. That whole leveling up system in the previous games was as much about getting/unlocking weapons, mods, boosters, etc as it was about getting cosmetics. You had a drive to unlock character skins. Without those, it really just makes more sense to have the current system. Otherwise, waiting until level 35 (just an example level) to use a decidedly shitty shotgun wouldn't feel very rewarding. :p

I don't think people want it tied to unlock order, unless I'm mistaken. I would still like a leveling system just to reflect my experience in comparison to other players on the leaderboard.

If we get a level system I do not want it to be displayed in matches, though. I hated playing TLOU and seeing stacked parties of level 500s... it just makes the experience very daunting for the less experienced, causing team mates to leave, and I think people generally dwell on it too much and have less fun.

Raffica needs more love. I've been running a silenced Raffica/Marking/Stealth build and found it to be really damn good. The range and accuracy on it is ridiculous and can consistently outsnipe long guns. It does well in medium/short range situations as well.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

The pistole reloads very quickly. It's quite possible to skirt death in time to get the third shot off.

Its downs not kills and its good to play command and hide the mines in patches of tall grass
Yeah that's what I meant. And I've been playing Command but I guess I was just going up against teams with explosives awareness. Just had a good game with 4 C4 downs so I'm getting there!
You can change it, you know.
Totally misread that - I thought it was cancel challenge, not replace. Good to know!

what did you say?

One of my Pistole highlights from yesterday

Once you know how to use it(the shotgun like this too), constant blind fire. You'll go far.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the shotgun is good, the pistol has very select uses and when you use it within those situations it can be great, but sacrificing much more versatile options on your long gun slot in favour of the shotgun absolutely doesn't seem worth it to me.

Doesn't help that the TTK is slower on the shotgun than the XCR and MP34a.

The only reason you might want to use it is the fact that you can get an instant-kill with the shotgun if you aim for the head. So that means you can get instant-stealth kill downs without needing to charge your melee up. Coupled with a silencer I imagine it's pretty deadly.

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
Yeah it did. Trash tier weapon.
I know some of yall don't like the mp but with the accuracy mod or the one that allows you to move faster while aiming, it becomes a really good gun. I prefer the mp over the AK.

Even without the accuracy mod, it's still my favorite long gun right now.

Iam not getting my relics from the Uncharted Fortune App, farmed about 2000+ hours ago and just got 600, maybe they put a daily cap on it?

Not a daily cap but now you seem to just get a percentage of however many you are supposed to receive. The app is still the fastest way to get relics even with the nerf to it.

Do you get anything special for completing all the trials?

I have completed all of them apart from the Crushing levels for Saviour and the Staff mystical. I am finding them particularly hard.

Raxus

Feel like I can't hit the broadside of a barn at a distance in this game.

Pistols have a tighter focus but some of the machine guns have crazy spreads unmodified. I had to add accuracy to the mp34a to make it respectable outside of a close distance.

Feel like I can't hit the broadside of a barn at a distance in this game.

With the AK?

Use the long-range weapons. FAL is beastly with the scope in.

is it just me, or is that weapon an instant down if you headshot?

I feel like the sniper should be an instant headshot down.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Getting really tired of this daily challenge bug. Only one challenge will roll over as new per day. The other two stay completed, and are challenges from day one. Known issue?

Revven

Getting really tired of this daily challenge bug. Only one challenge will roll over as new per day. The other two stay completed, and are challenges from day one. Known issue?

This was the case in the beta, I believe it's intentional. You are only supposed to get one new challenge a day. The first time you login they give you three but after that it's one a day.

Top Bottom