• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

24hr

Wow this game is brilliant when both teams work together. Just had a plunder game where we won it 1-0 in the last 10 seconds - brilliant.

I've got a video uploaded where I share my thoughts on the multiplayer so far, I've played it in its beta stage and have been playing since release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkLxekOM6Jo

I talk about my (minor) gripes with the game, such as weapon balancing and the unlock system. I do, however, enjoy the multiplayer overall as the gunplay is tight, 60fps is smooth and it's just fun to play. There can obviously be improvements, but that should be getting addressed in future updates.

Purdy

Really struggling to pull myself away from this to do the SP. Although I did just play UC2/UC3 in the space of a week.

Really struggling to pull myself away from this to do the SP. Although I did just play UC2/UC3 in the space of a week.

Im at the same point. Im not feeling the story like I did with the others yet. I' know im on chapter 7 so far but I hope it picks up. But ive invested a lot more time on MP to get the unocks for sure and the gameplay is fantastic.

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
After playing around a bit more, I conclude that the smoke grenade is my favorite gear.

Makes encounters more interesting, can use it to escape, give myself more breathing room by blocking other players' sights if I'm getting flanked. A lot of utility that I'm finding with it.

Anyone else have a favorite gear so far?

After playihg around a bit more, I conclude that the smoke grenade is my favorite gear.

Makes encounters more interesting, can use it to escape, give myself more breathing room by blocking other players' sights if I'm getting flanked. A lot of utility that I'm finding with it.

The mine. There is nothing funnier than placing the mine near treasure and seeing you get a K.O sometime later in the match

I've got a video uploaded where I share my thoughts on the multiplayer so far, I've played it in its beta stage and have been playing since release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkLxekOM6Jo

I talk about my (minor) gripes with the game, such as weapon balancing and the unlock system. I do, however, enjoy the multiplayer overall as the gunplay is tight, 60fps is smooth and it's just fun to play. There can obviously be improvements, but that should be getting addressed in future updates.

I thought the microtransactions were just for vanity items?

can you chuck mines out like they're grenades or am i wrong??

i feel like mines should be something u have to "place" not throw...

You can throw them a very short distance and there is a short timer for them to become active.

The mine. There is nothing funnier than placing the mine near treasure and seeing you get a K.O sometime later in the match

Yep. And also placing them right above climb points.

Whats the secret with grenades? I cant throw mine any distance, yet other ppl seem like they can throw halfway across the map

Have you tried throwing them while aiming?

PowderedToast

After playing around a bit more, I conclude that the smoke grenade is my favorite gear.

same w/ smoke. it really alters how firefights play out especially in the control mode.

this game really comes to life when it becomes more tactical, which is why I dislike the daily challenges so far as they discourage building and actually sticking with a class.

Nev

Banned
Wow this game is brilliant when both teams work together. Just had a plunder game where we won it 1-0 in the last 10 seconds - brilliant.

Uncharted multiplayer has always been brilliant, it's just polished to perfection (at least in terms of controls, movement and basic mechanics) in this one, but the core experience is the same good old greatness that some people are swift to disregard because "lol shoehorned", they ignore that the meaty pure gameplay of Uncharted has always been in the multiplayer, it's where the sublime trasversal mechanics and controls shine, free of the handholding and automation of the single player.

Plunder is awesome and clearly the best mode, good plunder matches are incredible. It's too bad they ditched Team Objective because that one was as good or even better.

It's weird to me for how much time was put in to the customization and taunts and dances that the game has so little flair/fun to it.

Why is there no post-game top player/team where they do their taunt or whatever? Or anything other than a spreadsheet? Why is there no indication of how much time someone has put in to this a ranking/indicator outside of ranked play?

After TLOU, couldn't there have been some larger meta game? They already have the pirate sigils and stuff, feels like a natural fit.

Games just end, briefly see a scoreboard and then on to the next. I don't know, the whole thing just feels very 'light' the more I play it.

24hr

Uncharted multiplayer has always been brilliant, it's just polished to perfection (at least in terms of controls, movement and basic mechanics) in this one, but the core experience is the same good old greatness that some people are swift to disregard because "lol shoehorned", they ignore that the meaty pure gameplay of Uncharted has always been in the multiplayer, it's where the sublime trasversal mechanics and controls shine, free of the handholding and automation of the single player.

Plunder is awesome and clearly the best mode, good plunder matches are incredible. It's too bad they ditched Team Objective because that one was as good or even better.

I really need this :(

It's weird to me for how much time was put in to the customization and taunts and dances that the game has so little flair/fun to it.

Why is there no post-game top player/team where they do their taunt or whatever? Or anything other than a spreadsheet? Why is there no indication of how much time someone has put in to this a ranking/indicator outside of ranked play?

After TLOU, couldn't there have been some larger meta game? They already have the pirate sigils and stuff, feels like a natural fit.

Games just end, briefly see a scoreboard and then on to the next. I don't know, the whole thing just feels very 'light' the more I play it.

I agree, the more I play the more I think to myself 'why am I even doing this' a rank next to my name would satisfy that. At the moment I am just unlocked weapons which I won't ever use because the weapons to start with are perfect.

I thought the microtransactions were just for vanity items?

Yes, you are correct. It slipped my mind and I mentioned additional things.

Man it is getting tough to play solo now. I do well enough but the rest of the team drags me down.

Seems like we need to tag team some time, cause I've been playing solo and I'm almost always bunched up with team mates who don't play the objective properly or some times they're AFK.

The ending is definitely too abrupt. A final screen with poses and awards for top score, most objective score, etc would be nice. Rainbow Six patched this in and it takes seconds, but lets people show off their characters.

Since there is a long load time after a match, it'd be nice to have a pose-off to cover the wait time.

Raxus

Yes, you are correct. It slipped my mind and I mentioned additional things.

Seems like we need to tag team some time, cause I've been playing solo and I'm almost always bunched up with team mates who don't play the objective properly or some times they're AFK.

Add me if you haven't already

PSN: College_boy

Miyahon

Just got the game today and when playing Uncharted the sound is off on the PS Gold Headset. It seems it cuts out in and out every 10-15 seconds. This is the only game that does this and I'm on the latest 1.3 update to Uncharted and using the UC4 sound file. Anyone know of a fix yet?

Spizz

Banned
Just got the game today and when playing Uncharted the sound is off on the PS Gold Headset. It seems it cuts out in and out every 10-15 seconds. This is the only game that does this and I'm on the latest 1.3 update to Uncharted and using the UC4 sound file. Anyone know of a fix yet?

Is the game fully installed yet? I was having the same problem, once it fully installed it didn't happen anymore.

Also, anyone up for some games?

Some balance changes Id make:

-Buff El dorado damage
-reduce ak47's hipfire accuracy
-slightly reduce FAL speed
-sniper headshot= instant down

-Purchase LP points with vanity to reduce annoying grind of being forced to play loadouts you don't want

-10 relic points for finishing a match, win or lose.

-more general challenges to reduce forcing players to play a specific way. Id rather theyd give us three challenges worth less relic points than give us just 1

-bring back buddy taunts/high fives :'(

What loadout do you guys usually run with? Just curious to see what you all use.

My main one

XCR with increased reload speed
Aegis 9mm

Hunter with no explosion stun

Stealth 3
Combat Marking 3
Ghost 1
Down But Not Out 1

25 LP altogether.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I dunno why I used the mp34a for so long. Gun sucks.

I really liked it in the beta. Felt more stable there. Or maybe it didn't take so many hits to down. Now I feel like I can't down anyone with it unless I've got the drop on them and they can't easily make it to cover.

Raxus

I really liked it in the beta. Felt more stable there. Or maybe it didn't take so many hits to down. Now I feel like I can't down anyone with it unless I've got the drop on them and they can't easily make it to cover.

It is missing that extra oomph to get people down. It also is a pea shooter at a distance.

I have hit people 4-5 times and they didn't go down.

It feels like Naughty Dog once again could have had some more polish and better presentation. But the more important stuff is the controls just aren't that great. Sniping specifically doesn't feel very good. Shen you scope in the turn speed seems to get messed up and headshots should be an instant kill.

Other guns have really good range and scoping in takes a very long time so I don't see why I should snipe. It feels like multiple maps aren't really designed for it either .

And I see almost no one using a shotgun either. Shooting from the hip with a pistol or AK seems so easy.

Theres also a real problem with the cover. Often characters roll but don't roll into cover which leads to frustrating deaths.

I loved TLOU multiplayer but it feels like Naughty Dog didn't learn much from that game.

Finalow

it is hard to win when you go solo vs parties, especially when your teammates just wonder off and die 15 times.
The OHKO melee has great range lol
not from what I've seen, when I use it I need to be right on the opponent's face. and I've seen plenty of people missing and dying exactly because of the limited range.

It feels like Naughty Dog once again could have had some more polish and better presentation. But the more important stuff is the controls just aren't that great. Sniping specifically doesn't feel very good. Shen you scope in the turn speed seems to get messed up and headshots should be an instant kill.

Other guns have really good range and scoping in takes a very long time so I don't see why I should snipe. It feels like multiple maps aren't really designed for it either .

And I see almost no one using a shotgun either. Shooting from the hip with a pistol or AK seems so easy.

Theres also a real problem with the cover. Often characters roll but don't roll into cover which leads to frustrating deaths.

I loved TLOU multiplayer but it feels like Naughty Dog didn't learn much from that game.

You know, LoU was so good because of no sticky cover and just crouch. It allowed you to always duck from fire exactly as you wanted it

Its definitely annoying getting into the wrong cover.

Is there a sudden log in bonus or something. I have 5 extra relics than I should. The odd number will bother me like a motherfucker every time I look at it.

Top Bottom