• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

The Lamp

Randoms in Plunder are so stupid. You never walk with the idol. keep tossing it so your buddy can get it OR if an enemy catches up to you, the idol is at least farther toward your objective.

They're smarter than randoms in team deathmatch who like to be lone Rangers and run off and challenge a group of 3-5 by themselves and die.

EL CUCO

Oh god its the worst map in the game. Sucks because its easily the one I get the most in matches.
I think the stone cave map (I forgot the name) with all the narrow lanes is easily the worst map in the game.

Not really sure how I feel about River yet, but it wasn't terrible.

WaterAstro

Did they nerf AK? I'm pumping like 5 shots into people, and they kill me easily with the Mettler in that same timeframe without getting killed themselves.

Drencrom

So is the only way to unlock skins and characters through Uncharted Coins (or whatever they're called)

No, you can unlock all the skins, characters etc in the game via vanity chests which you can buy with relic points which you get from completing challenges and winning matches. Same goes for hero weapon chests and booster chests (which are only purchasable with relic points and can't be bought with Uncharted coins).

Spizz

Banned
So is the only way to unlock skins and characters through Uncharted Coins (or whatever they're called)
You can get them through Vanity Chests, but it's random. You can open Vanity Chests with relics you get by winning a match; and by also completing daily challenges.

Sometimes you get lucky, last night in back to back chests I got the two things I wanted the most, Suited Drake and Eddy Raja. Or the other night I got nothing of interest.

If you want to buy it directly that's what Uncharted Coins are for.

andycapps

OMG....

Playstation Vita remote access + OLED + Real L2/R2 triggers = Greatest Portable Uncharted 4 EVER for multiplayer. Even my wife was amazed. Controls took a bit to get used to but i got back to my get gud mode again. I love remote access.
What do you mean? Are you playing it remotely through your PC?

I've been thinking about playing the campaign on my Vita but think I'd enjoy it more on my big TV where u have proper L2/R2 buttons.

How many maps are there in the MP? I've been playing the exact 3 maps over and over since I started. Are some maps locked to certain modes?

EL CUCO

How many maps are there in the MP? I've been playing the exact 3 maps over and over since I started. Are some maps locked to certain modes?
I think its 8 maps. Are you on Warm-up TDM? I noticed it was mostly the same few maps until I started playing in the regular playlist.

Finalow

I do need people to play ranked with, if anyone's up. [and before I get bored of this MP]
since again, being stuck with randoms vs full parties doesn't end well 90% of the time.

todahawk

Figured. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt a way to make your aim thing have a longer distance but lower height. Thanks

L2+R1 gives you a straighter throw. They cover it in the trials. Hold L2 and let go, you'll see the path change from curved to straight. Works with anything thrown to varying degrees.

24hr

It's weird to me for how much time was put in to the customization and taunts and dances that the game has so little flair/fun to it.

Why is there no post-game top player/team where they do their taunt or whatever? Or anything other than a spreadsheet? Why is there no indication of how much time someone has put in to this a ranking/indicator outside of ranked play?

After TLOU, couldn't there have been some larger meta game? They already have the pirate sigils and stuff, feels like a natural fit.

Games just end, briefly see a scoreboard and then on to the next. I don't know, the whole thing just feels very 'light' the more I play it.

I do need people to play ranked with, if anyone's up. [and before I get bored of this MP]
since again, being stuck with randoms vs full parties doesn't end well 90% of the time.
PSN - in-xy

Josh378

What do you mean? Are you playing it remotely through your PC?

I've been thinking about playing the campaign on my Vita but think I'd enjoy it more on my big TV where u have proper L2/R2 buttons.

No I am playing it on my 1000 PlayStation Vita OLED Screen. I just recently brought the L2/R2 trigger adapter for my Vita and just going to a Starbucks and remoting in to my PS4 and just killing it online vs other players has been amazing. I'm almost as good as playing with my PS4 controller on my 4K TV. I would play the campaign on my TV if I was you and play multiplayer on the Vita if your in an area with decent internet speeds. The Vita doesn't give the campaign any justice like an HDTV does.

andycapps

No I am playing it on my 1000 PlayStation Vita OLED Screen. I just recently brought the L2/R2 trigger adapter for my Vita and just going to a Starbucks and remoting in to my PS4 and just killing it online vs other players has been amazing. I'm almost as good as playing with my PS4 controller on my 4K TV. I would play the campaign on my TV if I was you and play multiplayer on the Vita if your in an area with decent internet speeds. The Vita doesn't give the campaign any justice like an HDTV does.
Ah okay, I have one of those trigger adapters. I thought you'd found some way to use a Dualshock with it. I don't know that SP or MP would be great due to lag on MP and due to it being 60 FPS. Depends on connection speed I guess.

Just had the most amazing match ever, I should probably just quit playing now lol.

It was my last of the 5 pre-ranking matches in Ranked Team Deathmatch, and I had won all 4 up to that point, so I was hoping I could win the fifth one.

Well, three minutes in to the match we were down 4 to 15, and it just got worse, until we were down 17 to 32. But then we went on a roll. Our team stuck together the rest of the match, no mics or anything, and proceeded to make an epic comeback and win 40-39!! It was so tense, everyone was reviving each other, teaming up on a single person to bring them down, it was so good. I'll probably never have another match as good as that one haha.

On another note, does anyone else kinda miss the leveling system from previous games? I dunno, I feel like it gave me something concrete to work towards, whereas now you just unlock stuff.

Josh378

Ah okay, I have one of those trigger adapters. I thought you'd found some way to use a Dualshock with it. I don't know that SP or MP would be great due to lag on MP and due to it being 60 FPS. Depends on connection speed I guess.

Yea, I Live in KC, so its Google fiber mecca out here. 1k mbp speeds here are amazing.

Raxus

I think the stone cave map (I forgot the name) with all the narrow lanes is easily the worst map in the game.

Not really sure how I feel about River yet, but it wasn't terrible.

I'd agree with this. Everyone just sticks to the outside because the caves have so little alternate paths and almost no vertical paths. It is a shockingly flat map.

24hr

Just had the most amazing match ever, I should probably just quit playing now lol.

It was my last of the 5 pre-ranking matches in Ranked Team Deathmatch, and I had won all 4 up to that point, so I was hoping I could win the fifth one.

Well, three minutes in to the match we were down 4 to 15, and it just got worse, until we were down 17 to 32. But then we went on a roll. Our team stuck together the rest of the match, no mics or anything, and proceeded to make an epic comeback and win 40-39!! It was so tense, everyone was reviving each other, teaming up on a single person to bring them down, it was so good. I'll probably never have another match as good as that one haha.

On another note, does anyone else kinda miss the leveling system from previous games? I dunno, I feel like it gave me something concrete to work towards, whereas now you just unlock stuff.
Absolutely. Even if the number doesn't mean anything it would be still nice to show what rank you are.

Got the same challenge as yesterday.... so do challenges stay up for 3 days then? Like if I take a break and come back tomorrow night will this one still be up for me to complete?

spraying while running needs to be nerfed hard !everyone is just running around spraying

its just broken right now

it reminds me of gears but not as fun or complex (lack of wall bouncing/cancelling, auto weapons instead of gnasher)

cover is still surprisingly useful against sprayers though if you can distance yourself

Anyone notice that if you're down by a lot, the treasures you find are wort $400 instead of $200??

spraying while running needs to be nerfed hard !everyone is just running around spraying

I agree. On quite a few weapons, it feels a little too easy to do. The Uzi pretty much is a spray and pray machine, with surprisingly good ADS accuracy. I think the clip size for it needs to be reduced

Anyone notice that if you're down by a lot, the treasures you find are wort $400 instead of $200??

I agree. On quite a few weapons, it feels a little too easy to do. The Uzi pretty much is a spray and pray machine, with surprisingly good ADS accuracy. I think the clip size for it needs to be reduced

where is this UZI you're talking about, i'd love that

Raxus

XCR in particular is ridiculous. I tried to fight a guy aiming and would get my ass handed to me every time.

It is like gears of war with auto aim which is crazy.

This auto-aim run and gun stuff was such a huge bane in UC3. I wish they'd just find a better way to deal with it.

It shouldnt have such solid aim assist, and most guns shouldn't be so accurate, unless maybe they use the attachment/mod.

I feel like even in cover, the blindfire is accurate from a pretty far distance.

Just started the Trials and I'm not sure if its me but something seems off?

Is this slower than the beta? Not as smooth?

edit: The slower pace seems to be even more so when climbing over ledges, the pathways etc I think?

edit: Also why do enemies glow red when I'm about to charged melee hit them?

I use the HS39(? The assault rifle that unlocks before the M14) with a blind fire mod. I am consistently amazed at some of the kills that thing can pull off. If you come across a group of two people and just hold the shoot button while strafing you will likely kill both of them (unless they are doing the same thing). Also, while in cover the blind fire from close range seems even more effective than aiming because you can move your reticule more effectively.

It's fun. But it definitely is the way most people are playing right now, and it's clearly overpowered. So I wouldn't be opposed to a nerf.

Revven

This auto-aim run and gun stuff was such a huge bane in UC3. I wish they'd just find a better way to deal with it.

It shouldnt have such solid aim assist, and most guns shouldn't be so accurate, unless maybe they use the attachment/mod.

I feel like even in cover, the blindfire is accurate from a pretty far distance.

Behind cover it's crazy good, I've abused it a lot myself to get out of sticky situations -- especially versus Brutes. Brutes are very susceptible to it sometimes as depending on where the cover is placed the AI can get "stuck" and then they're just food for your blindfire behind cover.

Hipfire seems almost as dumb as Uncharted 3 at launch. Almost. It's only not as dumb because melee doesn't do as much damage as it did in UC3. But it should definitely get adjusted. It should only be as accurate as it is right now with the mod, without it it should be much worse.

ugh I keep forgetting that there's an auto aim option in this game, they really need to turn it off entirely

There's no auto aim in MP unless you're talking about Aim Assist which is entirely different and depending on person-to-person can either be good or bad. ND seems to think aim assist is necessary as it was always there in 2 and 3 MP but nobody could turn it off or decrease it like we can now.

Behind cover it's crazy good, I've abused it a lot myself to get out of sticky situations -- especially versus Brutes. Brutes are very susceptible to it sometimes as depending on where the cover is placed the AI can get "stuck" and then they're just food for your blindfire behind cover.

Hipfire seems almost as dumb as Uncharted 3 at launch. Almost. It's only not as dumb because melee doesn't do as much damage as it did in UC3. But it should definitely get adjusted. It should only be as accurate as it is right now with the mod, without it it should be much worse.

There's no auto aim in MP unless you're talking about Aim Assist which is entirely different and depending on person-to-person can either be good or bad. ND seems to think aim assist is necessary as it was always there in 2 and 3 MP but nobody could turn it off or decrease it like we can now.

yeah I just turn it off entirely because I think the ds4 is good enough to free aim with, wish ND thought the same

24hr

Didn't realise you could press square while queuing for ranked to see what league you are in. What a tit.

AKyemeni

I think blindfire is fine. If you're aim is solid enough, you can out aim someone running at you blindfiring, especially if you hit headshots.

SDR-UK

I think blindfire is fine. If you're aim is solid enough, you can out aim someone running at you blindfiring, especially if you hit headshots.

I would agree on everything but the MP34A which is just egregious in its automatic lock on the enemy.

Best gun is still the Para .45 though.

This multiplayer is such a disappointment after the gem that was TLoU.
Crazy how the sniper in this game is actually worse than the one in TLoU even though the latter is a far slower game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Crazy how the sniper in this game is actually worse than the one in TLoU even though the latter is a far slower game.

Exactly. The Last of Us didn't have free jumping, rolling, or blind/hipfire, and if I recall, the sniper wasn't as expensive as some of the other primaries in that game. I used it quite a bit.

Trying to do the same in Uncharted, but there are just so many problems.

Raxus

so sick of being put with the most shit players ever

Me2, let's team up some time.

I am winning more consistently now mostly because I have taken to cheese.

Tell me about it, I just went 20/20 and my team still lost, all I want are 10 more relics for another stupid vanity chest, but nope...

It is endlessly frustrating the losing side gets nothing. They really gotta give people something for at least participating.

Spinluck

Man, the bolt action sniper needs a buff badly. First of all, in it's current state, there is no no no way it's worth 5 loadout points. I'd pin it at 3 at best. It becomes even more ridiculous when you look at what some of it's modifiers cost. Faster scope-in speed costs 4 FOUR loadout points, making the gun cost 9 in total. The sniper should have faster scope-in speeds by default. That's the only way to shoot accurately with it, and if you're in a standoff across the map with an AR user, they'll be able to hit you before you can even zoom in, shaking your scope and making it nearly impossible to get a headshot and very difficult just to hit the body.

The reload speed is ridiculously slow, it takes like 4 or 5 seconds to reload a five bullet clip.

You have to hit them square in their pin-sized heads to get a down in one hit. If you don't you have to bolt in the next shot, which takes a fat second or two, which means they've either run away or are returning fire and you won't be able to land another shot because of all the damage flinching.

By comparison, take sniping in something like Call of Duty. In the latest one, it's doable, though still generally inferior to other weapon classes. That game is an FPS, so there's less of a change when jumping from first person to scoped as opposed to third person to scoped. It's more of a natural motion. Moreover, there's not a single bolt-action sniper rifle in there that requires a direct headshot to kill. Usually it's just the upper body that needs to be hit. And this is a game where player movements are fairly straightforward. There's crouching and going prone, yeah, but nothing like Uncharted's rolling around, bouncy animations and snapping to cover to make your targets too erratic and difficult to hit. So, despite players being easier to hit, the kill range being more generous, and handling speeds being better in that game, sniper rifles still aren't that great, but they're workable.

Here in Uncharted 4, you have a weak, slow firing, slow handling, small-clipped sniper, and you're expected to hit these squirreliest of squirrely targets that roll and jump around and do sudden 180s and can see you aiming for them around the corner, and you're expected to nail them in the head.

And to put the cherry on top, most of the maps don't even have good sniping positions.

If I were to suggest some changes (not all of these need be implemented, and certainly not altogether, they're just areas of improvement) I'd say...

• Expand the kill range to the neck and upper torso. It's still not an easy hit, but gives you a fighting chance in mid-range combat and lets you properly own long-range combat
  • Make the sniper cheaper. 2 or 3 loadout points. Right now it is not at all worth the same as an AK or FAL.
  • Increase scope-in speed, increase reload speed, increase clip size
  • Give it a slightly smaller blindfire cone to give you a slight chance in clutch close-quarters situations
  • Give it a third-person aim and make the scope optional

Right now it's a PoS and I'm lucky if I can get 5 downs in a game with it.

Mad respect to my fellow snipers, because right now, that rifle is absolutely shit.

Spizz

Banned
It is endlessly frustrating the losing side gets nothing. They really gotta give people something for at least participating.
Yup, it seriously has to move to 25 for a win 10 for a loss soon. I can see many people getting pissed and feel like they're gaining nothing with the way it currently is.

Edit: Challenges are great the way they are right now, but it sucks for anyone who plays solo and gets stuck with crap teams all the time. Especially if they're stuck with an annoying challenge for the day.

Top Bottom