• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Yeah, what happened to picking up relics also during a multiplayer match? Developers love to put in dat grind.

"Shit! players are unlocking items too quickly, ADD THE PADDING!!"

This the M14 or the other sniper?

Taken out because matches didn't reward relics period. I like this method better anyway.

Ahhh, I thought it was both in the beta. There should at least be bonuses for top players. The daily challenges have good rewards but some of them I don't even bother doing. I'm not going to play an entire match with a pistol just to get the challenge.

Weapon balance needs tuning for sure.

Seems like shotguns and the pistole are very underpowered. Sniper should be instant down, or easier to use. Maybe the mods are better.

Also, everybody should definitely get 10 Relic Points for finishing a match.

Could you elaborate?
I don't know. Control wise and/or aiming feel off in comparison. Or I'm downed much faster. Just feels odd.

I'm wondering if I should enable aim assist or not and what would be closest to match the beta.

Or is it a placebo? I thought that I had read others saying the same thing though.

Why can't we vote for maps?

Also, this needs more game modes.

I honestly thought I was just always missing the timing when we could vote on maps. Did they really switch to completely random maps on each match instead of letting people vote? I was getting the same two maps over and over the other night which was annoying (thought people were just voting for them bc they liked them).

I don't know. Control wise and/or aiming feel off in comparison. Or I'm downed much faster. Just feels odd.

I'm wondering if I should enable aim assist or not and what would be closest to match the beta.

Or is it a placebo? I thought that I had read others saying the same thing though.

I have not noticed any major difference; I'm sure ND has tweaked and nerfed a few things since the open beta.

Enable aim assist and play around with the sensitivity, see if it helps.

the only beta i played had the "infinite roll" issue where everyone was just constantly rolling around. that was the only real difference i noticed now with the full game.

EL CUCO

Actually feels better than the beta for me. With most of the mysticals and sidekicks nerfed or actually taking up substantial LP's now, I'm seeing more gun play than ever in the MP.

AKyemeni

Hello Community,

1.03.014 is now live, below are the changes that we have introduced

1.03.014 (MP Only)
Fix for Combat Marking booster incorrectly marking already marked players
Expanding the sensitivity scale in MP for camera/aim
Fix for better spawning logic on Remnants in Plunder

Have fun out there and if you run into any issues, please report them here: http://feedback.naughtydog.com/forums/363840-uncharted-4

http://community.us.playstation.com...Update-014-Is-Now-LIVE/m-p/45771984#U45771984

Drencrom

I've seen the light, the Pistole is a damn beast when you put it to good use!

The revolver is still just ass tho...

Much better than the beta. People don't seem to be spamming the fucking mysticals as much.

Yeah, they were nerfed a bit and are more costly now overall (I think). They're much more tolerable and fair now.

Dave_6

Yeah the MP needs some balancing in a few areas (what's up with matches being 5 to 4 or even 5 to 3 so often) and playing with randoms can be frustrating when matched up with a full team. Still the most fun multiplayer out right now IMO. It takes me back to the fun days of UC2.

Well Plunder is by far my favorite mode. Fast paced, frantic, do or die shit. I do agree the MP needs some fine tuning but I enjoy the game. I think I might just stick with Plunder.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This the M14 or the other sniper?

The Mazur LDR. The bolt action one.

I actually was able to do all right with it in a few matches today, but a lot of it was because of dumb enemies rather than efficiency of the weapon.

The revolver is still just ass tho...

I tried using the revolver with a suppressor, figuring maybe I could get a few hits in before they pinpoint my location. It turned the 4 hit down into 5 hits at a range. 5 of 6 bullets. And that ungodly slow reload.

SSReborn

Two things when they get co-op added they need to add back cover to cover kills for it I hate being on the same cover as an ai and I can't just melee them like before.

Second omg I hate the AI taking my kills on the sidekicks in the trials and me getting nothing, so annoying.

WaterAstro

Does the game ever switch teammates out? It's like if the other team has really good players, you might as well just leave the matchmaking so you don't go against the same dudes.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Does the game ever switch teammates out? It's like if the other team has really good players, you might as well just leave the matchmaking so you don't go against the same dudes.

I've definitely seen teams get scrambled a bit in between matches. If they're all in the same party, though, I imagine the game wouldn't split them apart.

Man, the bolt action sniper needs a buff badly. First of all, in it's current state, there is no no no way it's worth 5 loadout points. I'd pin it at 3 at best. It becomes even more ridiculous when you look at what some of it's modifiers cost. Faster scope-in speed costs 4 FOUR loadout points, making the gun cost 9 in total. The sniper should have faster scope-in speeds by default. That's the only way to shoot accurately with it, and if you're in a standoff across the map with an AR user, they'll be able to hit you before you can even zoom in, shaking your scope and making it nearly impossible to get a headshot and very difficult just to hit the body.

The reload speed is ridiculously slow, it takes like 4 or 5 seconds to reload a five bullet clip.

You have to hit them square in their pin-sized heads to get a down in one hit. If you don't you have to bolt in the next shot, which takes a fat second or two, which means they've either run away or are returning fire and you won't be able to land another shot because of all the damage flinching.

By comparison, take sniping in something like Call of Duty. In the latest one, it's doable, though still generally inferior to other weapon classes. That game is an FPS, so there's less of a change when jumping from first person to scoped as opposed to third person to scoped. It's more of a natural motion. Moreover, there's not a single bolt-action sniper rifle in there that requires a direct headshot to kill. Usually it's just the upper body that needs to be hit. And this is a game where player movements are fairly straightforward. There's crouching and going prone, yeah, but nothing like Uncharted's rolling around, bouncy animations and snapping to cover to make your targets too erratic and difficult to hit. So, despite players being easier to hit, the kill range being more generous, and handling speeds being better in that game, sniper rifles still aren't that great, but they're workable.

Here in Uncharted 4, you have a weak, slow firing, slow handling, small-clipped sniper, and you're expected to hit these squirreliest of squirrely targets that roll and jump around and do sudden 180s and can see you aiming for them around the corner, and you're expected to nail them in the head.

And to put the cherry on top, most of the maps don't even have good sniping positions.

If I were to suggest some changes (not all of these need be implemented, and certainly not altogether, they're just areas of improvement) I'd say...

• Expand the kill range to the neck and upper torso. It's still not an easy hit, but gives you a fighting chance in mid-range combat and lets you properly own long-range combat
  • Make the sniper cheaper. 2 or 3 loadout points. Right now it is not at all worth the same as an AK or FAL.
  • Increase scope-in speed, increase reload speed, increase clip size
  • Give it a slightly smaller blindfire cone to give you a slight chance in clutch close-quarters situations
  • Give it a third-person aim and make the scope optional

Right now it's a PoS and I'm lucky if I can get 5 downs in a game with it.

Here fucking here. I wish Naughty Dog would just come out and say don't snipe because I'm wasting my time here. Running around not even ADSing I can get double the kills with an SMG. And once again another shooter that treats range like a formality...I can hit targets at sniper range. It's ridiculous.

zelas

And I see almost no one using a shotgun either. Shooting from the hip with a pistol or AK seems so easy.

Was the shotgun nerfed straight to hell? Feels like you need a headshot and a body shot to take anyone down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2elx4VXYc

Primary shotguns in this game are 100% garbage. A point blank headshot isnt a down?? Three shots to the body are needed for a down? You're screwing yourself by running with shotgun as there is no incentive given for giving up so much range in a game where most people are using mid to long rifles.

Creaking

Spotify doesn't work with the game kinda sucks.

Really? That's a big bummer. I didn't want to forgo my sound just yet so I hadn't tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2elx4VXYc

Primary shotguns in this game are 100% garbage. A point blank headshot isnt a down?? Three shots to the body are needed for a down? You're screwing yourself by running with shotgun as there is no incentive given for giving up so much range in a game where most people are using mid to long rifles.

Yo THREE shots? That's the same as the pistole! The 1 point shotgun that shoots faster and probably has better blindfire.

Although shotguns are meant to be used from the hip in this game. Aiming, like in that video, is just forgoing your movement/cover advantage.

Mines will never not be the worst addition to this game. Plunder is a mess. People are just booby trapping the idol location and drop off points so the whole thing turns into this weird quasi-stalemate as you have to slow down and comb the area for explosives.

Creaking

Turn your in-game music volume all the way down.
Yeah it stops when you go in the game and starts back when you hop back to the main ps4 os. I'm guessing because of sp but sucks eitherway.
Edit: nvm this works vvv

Thanks man :)

Phew. Naughty dog did seem pretty good about incorporating the PS4's features. Glad I can save a video clip in 6 seconds rather than something like Black Ops 3 where the game can hang up for a minute just trying to get to the share screen.

So are they planning on fixing the stats?

Says I've played 4 days and 9 hours, lol.

And my score per minute, downs, deaths, revives etc. haven't changed since the first day even though I've been getting progressively better.

zelas

Although shotguns are meant to be used from the hip in this game. Aiming, like in that video, is just forgoing your movement/cover advantage.

Does that mean the opponent's head should be given armor though? If you flank an opponent and have the time to line up a shotgun blast headshot through sights, that should be a KO. That's not glancing them with some of your spread. That's ensuring every damn pellet travels through their skull. It's a 6 LP gun!

Creaking

Does that mean the opponent's head should be given armor though? If you flank an opponent and have the time to line up a shotgun blast headshot through sights, that should be a KO. That's not glancing them with some of your spread. That's ensuring every damn pellet travels through their skull. It's a 6 LP gun!

It's 6 points? Holy hell, that needs a buff badly. Should be one shot down at point blank, two at close range, three a little further out.

I don't see why these specialized weapons like the sniper and shotgun cost as much as all-rounder assault rifles and SMGs.

jwk94

Party system is kinda poor. There needs to be an option to refresh the friends list and accept invites from within the game.

WaterAstro

Side switching is so bad. Turned on remember side, and switching is garbage.

There's like a one second cooldown before you can switch back. It's goddamn terrible!

Oublieux

Does turning on aim assist even do anything in multiplayer? I've seen it brought up multiple times in this thread, and I would honestly be surprised if it allows for snap aiming. It would be an uneven playing field for those not using it, unless I am misinterpreting something.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Anyone want to play a few rounds. I'm tired of getting steam rolled with random players. Same tag as GAF.

Mines will never not be the worst addition to this game. Plunder is a mess. People are just bobby trapping the idol location and drop off points so the whole thing turns into this weird quasi-stalemate as you have to slow down and comb the area for explosives.
Plunder is by far my favorite mode but I do agree, it's a tad messy. In one match, it was just two teams camped out each others chest and it ended in a 2:2 tie.

Though my first Plunder match I carried the Idol all three times and put the team on my back and scored them all.

Creaking

I just want my neck snaps back. Makes no sense.

Feature was inconsistent. You could only stealth kill if the player's camera was facing away, which you can't see.

The charge melee is a good enough replacement, I think. Although that has it's own inconsistencies. Someone once hit me with it from 6 feet away, and I once whiffed with it because the guy I was trying to hit rolled, even though he rolled straight into my swing.

Feature was inconsistent. You could only stealth kill if the player's camera was facing away, which you can't see.

The charge melee is a good enough replacement, I think. Although that has it's own inconsistencies. Someone once hit me with it from 6 feet away, and I once whiffed with it because the guy I was trying to hit rolled, even though he rolled straight into my swing.

Fuck, I remember trying to get the gold cloak perk in Uncharted 3. Just following a guy who didn't know I was there, mashing square hoping to get the stealth kill. I sort of miss it, but yeah, it was fucking spotty as hell.

AKyemeni

Feels awful. If you're trying to use it quickly in a tight spot it's basically a death sentence. Can't believe they put a cooldown on it.

They did it because you could exploit corner shooting in a way that let you dodge bullets. You were able to do it in The Last of Us.

Top Bottom