• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Mines will never not be the worst addition to this game. Plunder is a mess. People are just booby trapping the idol location and drop off points so the whole thing turns into this weird quasi-stalemate as you have to slow down and comb the area for explosives.
It's to match the slowness of the main game

skelekey

Fuck the shotgun. Worst shotgun ever. I gotta get 20 downs with this piece of shit!?! 3 blasts i the face and they're still standing, not even fazed. I then decide to try blindfiring it and what do you know, congratulations normal melee, you're not the most worthless piece of trash in the game! I got off 2 shotgun blasts and some rolls for good measure but was ultimately bested in the end by melee! WTF?!

Edit: 2 separate encounters.

Reule

Fuck the shotgun. Worst shotgun ever. I gotta get 20 downs with this piece of shit!?! 3 blasts i the face and they're still standing, not even fazed. I then decide to try blindfiring it and what do you know, congratulations normal melee, you're not the most worthless piece of trash in the game! I got off 2 shotgun blasts and some rolls for good measure but was ultimately bested in the end by melee! WTF?!
Yeah, just started using it again for a challenge and it is straight garbage. Definitely needs a buff.

PSN is acting up. Taking forever to find people and now activities are disappearing. :(

Foxxsoxx

Huh, I thought it was my end. I was experiencing this as well just when I wanted to play one more game. Glad to know it actually wasn't just me.

There was a live update which only let's you match with people who haven't restarted myltiplayer. Just restart and you should be fine.

Finalow

Same, just keeps searching.
all normal then. I believe the mm system and a lot of other things in this MP were programmed by drunk deranged monkeys, hence why you have to wait 10 hours or disconnect and reconnect continuously to finally find a fucking game.
/rant

but yes, it wasn't working for me at all either. restarted a couple of times already

skelekey

Also, the Shotgun is 6 LP compared to other guns 5. Why? In no map in this game will you have any advantage weilding this useless weapon. The fact that it deals almost no damage for a high damage stat has to be a glitch .

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is PS plus required for the MP?

Sorry for dumb question, I'm new to ecosystem.

What's the overall consensus of the MP?
Yes, only games exempt from the PS+ requirement are free to play and subscription (mmo's) games. There should be a 2 week trial on the store if you've never subbed before or a 2 day trial from within the game if your sub has lapsed.

lazypants

So the grenade launcher is pretty much worthless in this game. Hitting someone dead on with the grenade should kill them IMO. Or hitting them twice in the general area, I get having an OP grenade launcher would suck but at least make it somewhat useful.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
To the people that finished the story,
How would you feel about
a sword being
added to multiplayer?

I have a hard time seeing how they would implement it. I don't see it working like it does in the story, that'd slow things down and leave both combatants vulnerable to gunfire.

So the grenade launcher is pretty much worthless in this game. Hitting someone dead on with the grenade should kill them IMO. Or hitting them twice in the general area, I get having an OP grenade launcher would suck but at least make it somewhat useful.

Yeah, it's a very situational weapon. You need a good vantage of a closely knit group to secure a decent number of downs or KOs for your investment. Still not as bad as the RPG though.

WaterAstro

Kind of the same with the rocket.

I even hit myself with an RPG, though maybe gunfire can shoot it down? I dunno, I was pointing at someone with nothing in the way, and I just blew myself up while being fired upon.

So me and my friends played some matches earlier today. Wound up going against a PSN of the name of HIDEOKOJIMA in all caps. Checked his PSN profile and it was the avi for snake and linked to his twitter. Took a screenshot of the profile in the matchmaking area, didn't save clips from the game tho. He was a beast lol. He stayed in the lobby for a good 3/4 rounds. If that was legitimately him I'm proud to say I got some of those kills lol!

I have no idea why I can't aim like I could in the betas. It's upsetting me. And the level up unlock system isn't very fun. I liked how easy it was to be on the same playing field as everyone else by simply leveling up. Now there's all of this meta junk to worry about.

So me and my friends played some matches earlier today. Wound up going against a PSN of the name of HIDEOKOJIMA in all caps. Checked his PSN profile and it was the avi for snake and linked to his twitter. Took a screenshot of the profile in the matchmaking area, didn't save clips from the game tho. He was a beast lol. He stayed in the lobby for a good 3/4 rounds. If that was legitimately him I'm proud to say I got some of those kills lol!

Post the screens.

I checked psnprofiles and the username doesn't exist, which is weird because you'd think someone would have taken it.

The Lamp

I just agree with and reiterate a few of the same things as others:
- the shotgun is ass
- the sniper rifle might need a buff (but I love it)
- I can't connect. Just says searching, forever.

fwiw I'm pretty sure you can set PSN to show your "real name" in MP games for everyone, not just your friends. So someone may have just connected an FB account with that name. Would explain why searching for that profile doesn't work.

There would be a space or something else in it since you can't leave either fields blank.

Post the screens.

I checked psnprofiles and the username doesn't exist, which is weird because you'd think someone would have taken it.

fwiw I'm pretty sure you can set PSN to show your "real name" in MP games for everyone, not just your friends. So someone may have just connected an FB account with that name. Would explain why searching for that profile doesn't work.

I've come across a guy with an underscore between Hideo and Kojima, all caps. Maybe it's that guy?

FWuCpuN.png

XT9V3W2.png

QqoEXKm.png

2r8gF43.png

Couldn't even send him a friend request.

Man he was hard to kill too. Lol his ingame character was a chick with the purple hat and all purple gear. Think he's been playing for a minute. Dude was good.

that first I is probably an L

saw someone like that on earlier

Oh i didn't think about that. But is there a was to not get friend request from anyone? Once I tried to send it gave me some message for it not going through. Had never seen that before.

So I'm guessing it's the heavy recoil of the AK that's throwing my aim way off compared to the beta. Switched to a different gun with mildly better results (one I'm not used to).

I can't find a MP game for the last 30 minutes. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes. Cannot find a stupid mandatory warm up game

Haven't pwayed multipwayer ever, I weally need a warm up game. Thanks Naughty Dog

EDIT: Did the "Test Internet Connection" and tried again, magically worked first try lol

Kyrios

I think PSN is all screwed up right now. My Recent Activities in my profile is showing activities from last week, What's New isn't updating, and I can't access cloud saves.

PSA

Stuck on the Searching... portion while trying to find a game?

Reset your PS4. No, don't do the Rest mode shit. Actually turn it off/power down/whatever, and turn it back on. I had this issue before, and it fixed it. I think it desyncs with the Rest mode or whatever, I don't know.

Hopefully that'll fix it.

Top Bottom