• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Oh so it isn't a bug??? Fuck. This. Shit! !!!!

Why would you need to switch that frequently?

That only sounds useful if you're say, using a pillar (then you can go between two sides), otherwise the ~1 second ish intermission seems reasonable. I imagine it's limited so as not to look weird, it would make more sense if it were faster, but I don't see it being a huge problem as it is.

Why would you need to switch that frequently?

That only sounds useful if you're say, using a pillar (then you can go between two sides), otherwise the ~1 second ish intermission seems reasonable. I imagine it's limited so as not to look weird, it would make more sense if it were faster, but I don't see it being a huge problem as it is.
It is absolutely a problem if you're facing the wrong way and die because of it.

I have a hard time seeing how they would implement it. I don't see it working like it does in the story, that'd slow things down and leave both combatants vulnerable to gunfire.

takes up a weapon slot whichever is better for balance
R1 becomes a sword melee, slower than regular but normally a 1hit kill.
[] becomes a block can block all melee including other swords.

Maybe it can have an effect on mysticals to make it more valuable
Like block working on El Dorado blasts, etc

KyleCross

So um, why'd they take away leveling and level unlocks? There was a good sense of progression because of that, now you just unlock everything with points and the only form of progression is playing ranked deathmatch?

Some hilarious glitches going on right now
About 20 minutes ago, my party was the hero team. Halfway through, my teammate goes "why am I Lazarevic?" Lo and behold, we got a baddie on our team. We used it to our advantage.

We also ran into a guy in one match who would get auto revived after one second if he got downed. Still killable, but we had to work for it. Hope this all works tomorrow lol.

bombshell

So um, why'd they take away leveling and level unlocks? There was a good sense of progression because of that, now you just unlock everything with points and the only form of progression is playing ranked deathmatch?

Only boosters lvl 1 are unlocked with score (xp) progression.

Everything else is unlocked by using the items, so to unlock a booster lvl 2 use the purpose of that booster, unlock a FAL mod use the FAL.

I prefer this unlock system, because it means you decide yourself what you want to unlock and are not restricted by what arbitrary item you unlock by reaching arbitrary rank 12 or whatever.

24hr

Only boosters lvl 1 are unlocked with score (xp) progression.

Everything else is unlocked by using the items, so to unlock a booster lvl 2 use the purpose of that booster, unlock a FAL mod use the FAL.

I prefer this unlock system, because it means you decide yourself what you want to unlock and are not restricted by what arbitrary item you unlock by reaching arbitrary rank 12 or whatever.

The way you unlock stuff is perfect, but I don't see why they got rid of ranks all together.

Rizzi

It's a really good thing I didn't buy Uncharted for the multiplayer. It feels like crap to play, and the unlock system is kind of bullshit.

Fbh

So I took a break from the single player to play a bit of MP because some friends were playing.
I didn't play the beta so this was my first approach to UC4 multiplyer.

It's...fine.
I'm having absolutely no problem aiming like some people here, actually, I find the gameplay itself to feel pretty nice and more enjoyable than UC3.
But I just feel like it lacks more ambition. It's not trying to do anything to evolve or set itself apart from previous entries or other shooters. Game modes are super generic, maps feels pretty standard and powers honestly feel out of place, specially in UC4.
UC3 at least tried to innovate by incorporating elements from the setpiece moments into the multiplayer, like that map where one team starts on the plane and the other on moving trucks. It wasn't implement perfectly but at least they were trying to make something new.

Cutomization options are nice though, with a good balance of cool and silly stuff.

And as allways. I would have loved to at least get a mode with no loadouts and having to pick up weapons on the map. Call it "classic" mode or whatever

bombshell

I want to know who it is that decided to ruin Plunder by only making one possible idol spawn on each map. Plunder was always my favourite mode, but now with only one idol spawn point matches are boring and way less dynamic and basically only has battles from the spawn point and on the direct lines to the capture chests. Not to mention it's so easy to just camp the one spawn point instead of having to make a lucky guess between, say, 3 spawn points.

Raxus

Thirsty for relics. Can you net a lot of relics by playing the Fortune Hunter mobile game?

Got 1000 so far. YMMV.

It is pretty generous at first and then it slowly builds up to take 8 hours to unlock chests and they start rewarding you with half the credits.

It is a nice supplemental thing to do with daily quests and just check in twice a day to unlock your loot.

It also unlocks some skins for weapons and characters so that helps too.

Drencrom

Fuuuuck

I've been losing like 5 matches in a row thanks to dumbass teammates now, carrying my team only for them to choke at the last stretch...

Shredderi

Fuuuuck

I've been losing like 5 matches in a row thanks to dumbass teammates now, carrying my team only for them to choke at the last stretch...

That's the worst. Had a similar streak of bad uck last night before rage quitting (after the match was over of course). Hah. I just realized that not once have I stopped playing while happy. I always stop playing because of rage.

Why is the China Lake launcher so much trash? That horrible feeling when you point blank hit someone with it and they eat the damage and proceed to bash your fucking skull in.

Shtof

This is better than Uncharted 3 MP but a far cry from the awesome MP from Uncharted 2.

Stuff I miss:

- Weird game modes like RPG only matches, Elimination and so on
- Pick up weapons, which are more fun, designing loadouts is not something I want to do in my game
- Less complicated loadouts, look at Overwatch, there are no loadouts, just specific roles, Uncharted 2 had a nice simple loadout system but it's not necessary at all
- Rotating objectives
- Hardcore mode where you take away most or all of the customization

Shredderi

This is better than Uncharted 3 MP but a far cry from the awesome MP from Uncharted 2.

Stuff I miss:

- Pick up weapons, which are more fun, designing loadouts is not something I want to do in my game
- Less complicated loadouts, look at Overwatch, there are no loadouts, just specific roles, Uncharted 2 had a nice simple loadout system but it's not necessary at all
- Rotating objectives

Yeah. UC4 MP is pretty fun but UC2 was the best. It was the most simple and primitive when it came to the systems but that made it fun to play. It was just simple and fun.

I want to know who it is that decided to ruin Plunder by only making one possible idol spawn on each map. Plunder was always my favourite mode, but now with only one idol spawn point matches are boring and way less dynamic and basically only has battles from the spawn point and on the direct lines to the capture chests. Not to mention it's so easy to just camp the one spawn point instead of having to make a lucky guess between, say, 3 spawn points.

Plunder being tweaked for the worse is making me fear for Team Objective if that ever gets added in :(

The Lamp

Got 1000 so far. YMMV.

It is pretty generous at first and then it slowly builds up to take 8 hours to unlock chests and they start rewarding you with half the credits.

It is a nice supplemental thing to do with daily quests and just check in twice a day to unlock your loot.

It also unlocks some skins for weapons and characters so that helps too.

But it's so boring. The mobile app has so many levels to complete. Ugh.

Spizz

Banned

Stuff I miss:

- Rotating objectives
Definitely, especially the bolded. I really hope they do those crazy modes as a sort of X2 XP weekend sort of thing. Those were always great.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The base of the mp is solid and like a lot of you I'm really hoping ND just starts adding modes into the game, even if its rotating stuff that comes and goes or just allows for a lot more customization of matches even if they have to be private ones. Also an Old School mode where power weapons are located around the map would be great in my opinion and I don't see why it would be a problem to implement.

Team Objective was always my favorite mode, so I hope they add it back in. :(

Same. I don't even understand Command being in it's own playlist. Team Objective was such a great mix of chaos and strategy, and it already featured 2 versions of that "capture area" gametype in the mix of modes.

I just started playing mp a couple of hours ago. I take it it isn't normal to have dead bodies frozen in the downed position for minutes at a time, no enemies in the game, unrevivable team mates that are clearly waiting to be revived, random surges of kills that occur in an instant, being frozen on the death screen for minutes at a time only to have you kicked back to the menu or frozen out of the game completely? Did I just pick the wrong day to start playing multiplayer?

24hr

Anyone else not use mysticals or sidekicks? I wish we had the option to choose 2 times such as a grenade and health pack.

I very rarely use sidekicks but when playing objective game modes or ranked tdm then Wrath of El Dorado can be so helpful.

magawolaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FapTAZgYYIE&feature=youtu.be

Anyone else having this issue?

It usually only appears if I am in a party, but it seems a lot of people are having the same issue and Naughty Dog aren't even responding, saying it is our connections. When clearly our connections reach the requirements.

Its actually unplayable in this state.

http://feedback.naughtydog.com/forums/363840-uncharted-4
This happened to me as well, very frequently actually, and without being in a party.
It never happened in the beta.

Also last night immediately after respawning I heard two punch sounds and found myself dead again, not sure what the hell happened. There were no enemies nearby

todahawk

man, playing against coordinating parties/teams sucks. me and my friend stick together and our other 2-3 team mates take off. no chance at surviving against combined fire from 4-5 guys.

Matchmaking in this game is weird.

I was playing with a friend yesterday, then sent some messages out and asked another friend to join us. He was in a party of 5 and said he couldn't join. Next match we go up against him and his party in Team Deathmatch (we won).

Seems like a crazy coincidence.

Then, a little later we get a group of people together and join a playist with 4 in our party. One of the people I invited to join the party was Cool_Breeze from GAF. He didn't join us at the time though. In the next game however, we had a random team mate because we only had 4 party members. That random team mate was none other than Cool_Breeze.

Spooky.

Makes me think the player base is super small, as I keep bumping into friends in matchmaking.

Matchmaking in this game is weird.

I was playing with a friend yesterday, then sent some messages out and asked another friend to join us. He was in a party of 5 and said he couldn't join. Next match we go up against him and his party in Team Deathmatch (we won).

Seems like a crazy coincidence.

Then, a little later we get a group of people together and join a playist with 4 in our party. One of the people I invited to join the party was Cool_Breeze from GAF. He didn't join us at the time though. In the next game however, we had a random team mate because we only had 4 party members. That random team mate was none other than Cool_Breeze.

Spooky.

Makes me think the player base is super small, as I keep bumping into friends in matchmaking.
Perhaps it's small because many people are still platting the game?

Anyone else not use mysticals or sidekicks? I wish we had the option to choose 2 times such as a grenade and health pack.

Sniper with the no laser sight mod is all I use. When placed in a proper position you can go flank and just watch the cash pour in. I also only use the revive mystical. It's cheap and super helpful for everyone. Especially when there is a close match closing to 40.

Top Bottom