• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

This little video is amazing

I made some GIFs out of it:

elena.gif
ptZplAH-Imgur.gif
elena2.gif

zelas

Fuck the shotgun. Worst shotgun ever. I gotta get 20 downs with this piece of shit!?! 3 blasts i the face and they're still standing, not even fazed. I then decide to try blindfiring it and what do you know, congratulations normal melee, you're not the most worthless piece of trash in the game! I got off 2 shotgun blasts and some rolls for good measure but was ultimately bested in the end by melee! WTF?!

Edit: 2 separate encounters.
It's no good in any situation.

TripOpt55

I just don't think I care for about half of these maps. I really wish you didn't have to unlock Loadout Points by using pistols or power weapons for example. I just don't like using them, but I may have to just spend some time working on those to get the extra LPs so I can have the best loadout possible.

Overall, I don't love the multi, but I am having fun. And at least a couple times each time I play something magical happens that makes it all worthwhile.

We really need a Survival Horde mode of some kind like 2/3 had. I'd prefer the just wall off some of the cooler encounter areas from the story mode as opposed to using some of these maps. I'm not sure how doable that is though. Probably a lot more work.

This little video is amazing

I made some GIFs out of it:

That was awesome.

LaneDS

I wonder if Naughty Dog would consider adding a no frills mode, possibly even going as far as to include weapon pickups. Basically disable loadouts and get everyone playing at parity. I feel like there'd be a good audience for that, certainly around here with all the people rightfully praising UC2's MP.

Foxxsoxx

I just don't think I care for about half of these maps. I really wish you didn't have to unlock Loadout Points by using pistols or power weapons for example. I just don't like using them, but I may have to just spend some time working on those to get the extra LPs so I can have the best loadout possible.

Overall, I don't love the multi, but I am having fun. And at least a couple times each time I play something magical happens that makes it all worthwhile.

We really need a Survival Horde mode of some kind like 2/3 had. I'd prefer the just wall off some of the cooler encounter areas from the story mode as opposed to using some of these maps. I'm not sure how doable that is though. Probably a lot more work.

That was awesome.

Co-op is coming around Septemberish.

Rajang

Getting disconnected alot today. Get a blackscreen in the middle of a match and it kicks me back to the main menu. I see the disconnected cable icon popup alot as well. I've been watching some streams on twitch and it seems its not an isolated issue.

I hope naughty dog brings back those weird experimental maps from uncharted 3 multi that were just a bunch of blocks and colors. I would love for a map that has no floor and you just have to keep swinging. Spiderman Deathmatch.

Getting disconnected alot today. Get a blackscreen in the middle of a match and it kicks me back to the main menu. I see the disconnected cable icon popup alot as well. I've been watching some streams on twitch and it seems its not an isolated issue.

I'm pretty much done with this game until it's sorted. It's incredibly frustrating and never used to happen but now it's constant.

Anyone else not use mysticals or sidekicks? I wish we had the option to choose 2 times such as a grenade and health pack.

All I use is the hunter unless I have a challenge, which messes me up because I'm used to quickly opening the menu and push up to call my hunter out. If I have something else equipped it usually takes the top spot.

Co-op is coming around Septemberish.

Oh shit that got confirmed? Awesome.

Anyone else not use mysticals or sidekicks? I wish we had the option to choose 2 times such as a grenade and health pack.

I imagine this will be a booster of some kind in the future.

We're also missing things like Sure Foot that made it so that you couldnt get knocked down by explosions.

What do you guys think the next mystical will be?

Maybe some kind of area of effect mystical that negates downs-- so you die instantly if you're downed in the radius.

So yesterday, I approached two enemies and did my dance taunt. They first started shooting but then stopped and joined me. We did this for a good 10 seconds. I then climbed a tower, and though they were a bit suspicious, I taunted again and they taunted back

Then we went our separate ways.

The daily challenges really need fixing, there's supposed to be 3 challenges a day but I only have 2 and one of them is a completed one that is stuck from two days ago and today I just got a new challenge which is to down 15 enemies with mines which is the same challenge I had yesterday but with just more downs ...

The daily challenges really need fixing, there's supposed to be 3 challenges a day but I only have 2 and one of them is a completed one that is stuck from two days ago and today I just got a new challenge which is to down 15 enemies with mines which is the same challenge I had yesterday but with just more downs ...

You get one every 24 hours though. Nothing has to be fixed, imo. It is just a cool way to get relics.

I'm hearing rumblings about the revive stone mystical being nerfed. Any one know what's planned for it?

I only just realised you can heal people at a distance by holding l1r1 while aiming towards them ... Before I was always running close enough for them to be in my magic circle of health and goodwill

So as I have been playing more and more what in the holy fuck is going on with the latency?

A huge chunck of my deaths have been me getting downed runing behind a wall and still getting shot from the awful lag.

bombshell

I don't understand why pulldowns and kickdowns only give $50 in TDM. It's an immediate KO, but you don't get the $100 for downing the enemy :(

Having a lot of fun but I keep having issues with cover

Roll in to take it but the character just stands there like a dumbass or rolls again and i get rekt

Revven

It was like this in the beta as well. When you first log on, you're supposed to have three. Once you complete all three, you only get one a day. It's intentional. We're not meant to get three challenges a day.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

It's not 3 challenges a day. You get one every 24 hours and can store up to three at one time. So you could finish your challenges, take a break for three days, and then come back and have three more.

Hey anyone know what the red sleeves on enemy team mean?

It's so you know that you're fighting Nazis

Kalentan

They need to give bonus to 3 v 5s.

Me and my friend keep getting paired against seemingly pre-made 5's. It becomes an exercise in annoyance, where nearly every other step your either getting shot by their entire team or you step on two to three mines.

It's stupid.

Kalentan

Yeah, they need to fix the fucking broken match making. If you want to play with a friend, don't even bother. It decides the best thing to do, is to pair groups of 2 against pre-made 4's and 5's. Every match becomes the enemy team just roaming together with constant mystics and companions up.

Broken as fuck and ruins the game.

They need to give players something for a loss, because as of right now there is no incentive for players to stay in a match when you're on the losing side. People just drop out one after another and during the downtime you are faced with an uneven team by numbers as well.

Should be 25 for a win, 10 for a complete match.

Really not feeling the multiplayer after encountering people with the sniper rifle in their loadout, absolutely creams anyone standing in the way. Also possibly encountered a cheater earlier, shot them repeatedly and they still somehow got away, followed them swinging on a rope, shot them some more and still alive. I hope I'm wrong :/

Top Bottom