• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Kalentan

They need to give players something for a loss, because as of right now there is no incentive for players to stay in a match when you're on the losing side. People just drop out one after another and during the downtime you are faced with an uneven team by numbers as well.

Should be 25 for a win, 10 for a complete match.

Yup. It makes me feel like I wasted my time.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really not feeling the multiplayer after encountering people with the sniper rifle in their loadout, absolutely creams anyone standing in the way. Also possibly encountered a cheater earlier, shot them repeatedly and they still somehow got away, followed them swinging on a rope, shot them some more and still alive. I hope I'm wrong :/

If you're talking about the Mazur, then lol, try using it first.

Spinluck

Absolutely ridiculous ND hasn't reinforced a punishment for leaving. People having no patience and going lone wolf only to die, after 5 or so straight deaths they just fucking quit.

Really not feeling the multiplayer after encountering people with the sniper rifle in their loadout, absolutely creams anyone standing in the way. Also possibly encountered a cheater earlier, shot them repeatedly and they still somehow got away, followed them swinging on a rope, shot them some more and still alive. I hope I'm wrong :/

Snipers are easy to stop in this game. Of course, skilled ones will take down a whole team. Landing 6 straight headshots feels awesome :). But the first rifle you get in this game is pure terrible when matched up against the guns in this game.

The maps have shit sniping points that allow nearly any long gun in the game to rival the sniper rifles range. The wobble is just brutal, the mod helps a bit but meh. I think skilled snipers deserve to dominate a match.

If you're talking about the Mazur, then lol, try using it first.
Word

Takes 3 hits to down I believe (non-headshots)

Absolutely ridiculous ND hasn't reinforced a punishment for leaving. People having no patience and going lone wolf only to die, after 5 or so straight deaths they just fucking quit.
Yeah I keep getting added to matches where we're down by 15 kills or whatever

Maybe it'd be a closer fight if you actually made the attempt to come back, idiots

I can't get into the customization menu, just boots me out...Anyone else?

There should not be a punishment, instead an incentive to stay.

How are they going to punish you, by taking away the already measly amount of relics you've earned? lol.

Wasn't a cheater, just a lagger. Last night while playing we had one guy in our group completely desync. He couldn't see any of us but we could see him perfectly in the game. So we told him to go where some enemies were and they would completely unload on him and nothing would happen. Eventually when we won the match he then saw the entire match "Fast forward" while some of us were waiting at the end results screen. When the match ended on his end we then went right back into matchmaking like nothing happened and didn't experience it again.

Ducktail

Yeah, they need to fix the fucking broken match making. If you want to play with a friend, don't even bother. It decides the best thing to do, is to pair groups of 2 against pre-made 4's and 5's. Every match becomes the enemy team just roaming together with constant mystics and companions up.

Broken as fuck and ruins the game.

I play every night with a cousin of mine and this has never happened. What we do get is it sometimes takes a good while to find players.

Lyonaz

Finally did all the trials and bought a shit ton of vanity chests. Got all characters unlocked, got some cool dances. Scotland Elena is my favourite skin now. She reminds me of winter Ellie in TLoU.
Really enjoying the multiplayer too.

just tried remote play on the vita again, and wow. they are still mapping L2/R2 to the rear touch panel? fuck that, I can't play the game that way

Creaking

The scope aiming speed makes the Mazur impossible to utilize at close range, even if you're good at aiming. I caught a guy from behind standing still in this video and I couldn't kill him because it took too long to aim for his head and he started moving, becoming impossible to track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rph4ZbTTAFg

Actually got some decent sniping done here though. Mostly luck and dumb enemies not paying attention to me. If two of them had shot at me, I would have been dead. One almost did me in, as is, but my teammates were helping at that point, and I had a range and height advantage, which are the rare circumstances that favor the sniper. Mostly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfDTJQu-ti0

Finally did all the trials and bought a shit ton of vanity chests. Got all characters unlocked, got some cool dances. Scotland Elena is my favourite skin now. She reminds me of winter Ellie in TLoU.
Really enjoying the multiplayer too.

I got in on the App stuff early on when they were still dishing out 250 relics and you could rush chests by messing with the date and time settings. Plus I finished all the trials. Now I've got all the characters, all the hats and glasses, all but 4 of the taunts, all but 5 of the weapons skins, and more than 75% of the skins and pre-sets. Funny enough, I'm still missing half the primary weapons.

skelekey

I can't get into the customization menu, just boots me out...Anyone else?

There should not be a punishment, instead an incentive to stay.

How are they going to punish you, by taking away the already measly amount of relics you've earned? lol.

I know right? Unless you have precious downs going towards a difficult challenge, there's no reason to not quit if your teams getting the snot kicked out of it. The game basically says go home and be a family man. I get nothing for a loss aside from time wasted.

I had a match where myself and another guy dominated and out downed the opposing teams top downer by 2 and him by 5. It didn't matter though as the rest of the team dragged us down and we got nothing for our effort.

It's kind of strange that I'm unlocking cosmetics at like twice the rate I'm unlocking game-altering things, like weapons and boosters.

v1lla21

It's kind of strange that I'm unlocking cosmetics at like twice the rate I'm unlocking game-altering things, like weapons and boosters.
To unlock weapons you need to get a certain amount of downs with certain types of weapons. Same thing with modifiers, you need a certain amount of downs with that specific weapon to unlock the mods.

They need to give players something for a loss, because as of right now there is no incentive for players to stay in a match when you're on the losing side. People just drop out one after another and during the downtime you are faced with an uneven team by numbers as well.

Should be 25 for a win, 10 for a complete match.

Win or lose, everyone should get like 10 relics

I actually think 25 is too much considering the number of games people play + the challenges that give you like 300

Consistent quitters should be getting punished with a timeout. Why play any mode if youre just going to quit like a sore loser?

To unlock weapons you need to get a certain amount of downs with certain types of weapons. Same thing with modifiers, you need a certain amount of downs with that specific weapon to unlock the mods.

It's a terrible system.

I need to unlock all sidekicks to get a loadout point. I dont want to use sidekicks

Raxus

It's a terrible system.

I need to unlock all sidekicks to get a loadout point. I dont want to use sidekicks

Savior is the best, cheap and gives you gear reload which is invaluable. Not to mention all the revive perks he comes with (full health revives!). Hunter sucks typically and Brute is solid.

v1lla21

It's a terrible system.

Yeah I don't use sidekicks, heavy weapons, nor mystics so it fucking sucks.

TimeEffect and I are online if anyone wants to join. My psn is the same as my gaf handle. Shoot me a friend request and I'll invite you to the party.

Yeah, I get that.

I just found it weird that I'm able to clear out the things people normally WORK for, cosmetics as status symbols, a whole lot faster than I am unlocking the things people normally CARE about, weapons and load out points that effect team killing and single time to kill.

Different from the beta. A few things are.

Creaking

13247833_1017181555034085_234795981270633111_o.jpg

I can't do this.

The Plunder glitch that lets you score twice is so annoying

Also, I am so disappointed by the lack of stat tracking. Anddd I really wish we had more medals

I miss the classics like five not alive.

jwk94

The Plunder glitch that lets you score twice is so annoying

Also, I am so disappointed by the lack of stat tracking. Anddd I really wish we had more medals

I miss the classics like five not alive.
I knew something was missing. Man, why does this multiplayer feel so sparsed compared to previous games?

I knew something was missing. Man, why does this multiplayer feel so sparsed compared to previous games?

Yeah, why can't I know how many kills I've had in total? or deaths?

Stats are broken as fuck as well.

No co-op. No simple FFA. No party free lobbies.

Win or lose, everyone should get like 10 relics

I actually think 25 is too much considering the number of games people play + the challenges that give you like 300

Consistent quitters should be getting punished with a timeout. Why play any mode if youre just going to quit like a sore loser?

Yeah 10/10 is fine in my opinion. As long as losing gets something.

But give losers as many relics as winners, or at least some relics and you'll have far less quitters, no need for penalization.

BadHand

MP isn't my thing - does anyone want my BB preorder code? It's some skins, "Naughty Dog Points" and a weapon, apparently.

It's a NA code.

I'll PM first person to quote me.

Yeah, why can't I know how many kills I've had in total? or deaths?

Stats are broken as fuck as well.

No co-op. No simple FFA. No party free lobbies.

Yeah 10/10 is fine in my opinion. As long as losing gets something.

But give losers as many relics as winners, or at least some relics and you'll have far less quitters, no need for penalization.

Press R1 at the post game screen. it shows your Downs/KOs Assists Deaths ETC.

The Lamp

Can't get multiplayer to load. It's just perpetually searching like last night. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: and suddenly it works again

I used my 300 uncharted points on this

Can we expect a
Crash Bandicoot
taunt?

What exactly would that taunt be? Maybe like a paper cutout mask they pull out, put it over their face then point and laugh.

I'm saving my 500 points for when the DLC hits because you know they'll end up releasing stuff that's better than the vanilla stuff. Hopefully at least, we don't need anymore trucker hats, lol.

Josh378

You know what...**** premades. Playing solo is rediculously hard vs organized team i have to woork twice as hard t maintain my 10+ kills a game. They really need to seperate team premades and solo gamers.

What exactly would that taunt be? Maybe like a paper cutout mask they pull out, put it over their face then point and laugh.

I'm saving my 500 points for when the DLC hits because you know they'll end up releasing stuff that's better than the vanilla stuff. Hopefully at least, we don't need anymore trucker hats, lol.

Aku-Aku should be some kind of invincibility mystical(maybe headshots knock the leafs off and after the last falls out it ends.)
Or a vanity mask.

The Lamp

You know what...**** premades. Playing solo is rediculously hard vs organized team i have to woork twice as hard t maintain my 10+ kills a game. They really need to seperate team premades and solo gamers.

Yep, I don't have any teammates and I would really like not constantly being at a huge disadvantage to people that come in with a group of 4 friends.

Josh378

Best taunt was the baseball prop taunt. Some guy did it in front of me. I froze for onr second thing "wft, when did NG introduce a bat as a weapon." found out that it was a prop but it was too late and he was able to down me.

aravuus

It's rapidly killing my interest in the game, unfortunately.

TripOpt55

Here's a cool little sequence I had last night. Started with a nice grenade throw and then I climbed and swung around to clean up the mess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOh84Yd3DcM

Cool moments like these make this worth playing for me even if I'm not quite as good at the game as I was at the old multiplayer modes. The grapple is just the best.

Top Bottom