• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

You can see that in the leaderboards I think.

You can't, and it's broken. I still have the same stats from the first couple days of playing. Nothing has updated other than time played which is way off, it says I've played over 5 days. I might have 24 hours in at this point, but nowhere near 5 days.

I had a HORRIBLE streak of games tonight. I just don't like the way TDM feels against good parties with all the extra shit going on. I really don't like the maps like that.

Best taunt was the baseball prop taunt. Some guy did it in front of me. I froze for onr second thing "wft, when did NG introduce a bat as a weapon." found out that it was a prop but it was too late and he was able to down me.

Enguard, is my favorite but I really hate the last bit of it.

Kalentan

Just did my 5 ranked matches and got placed in Gold III. Don't know if that's good or what.

It's the highest you can get from the placement matches. Used to be Gold I at launch but they nerfed it.

Also... ND... Why does it say I have nearly 3 days of TDM played? o_O

Just did my 5 ranked matches and got placed in Gold III. Don't know if that's good or what.
I got into Gold I, currently in Platinum II. But honestly, it's pointless if you have sore losers who quit out halfway through the match. All I ever do is get punished, I can never win 2 out 3 freaking matches during qualifications because I end up going 5v3 or worse 5v2. And theres a few people who got maxed Diamond Ranked and they got nothing, so there really is no reason to keep going for now.

Why did ND remove the level ups??? Why didn't they just have your rank displayed near your name?? Make it interesting or something. Right now the MP feels very light. It's almost like a beta. It just feels barebones. UC2 had it right, there was ranked matches and regular leveling system. They should've made it so that leveling up gets you relic points but ranked would be strictly for competition. This MP feels half baked man.

jwk94

I got into Gold I, currently in Platinum II. But honestly, it's pointless if you have sore losers who quit out halfway through the match. All I ever do is get punished, I can never win 2 out 3 freaking matches during qualifications because I end up going 5v3 or worse 5v2. And theres a few people who got maxed Diamond Ranked and they got nothing, so there really is no reason to keep going for now.

Yep, ranked matches are pretty pointless right now. Even if you're the best there is, it doesn't matter if your team sucks. you could carry your team with 30 kills, but if you lose then you just lost ranked points. Even if you do end up getting the highest rank possible, that doesn't matter either. Nobody can see your rank in ANY matches, nevermind Ranked matches. There's no emblem, no special flair, absolutely nothing to show that you've touched the mode unless people actually go to the leaderboards. I just don't see the point. There are so many modes from Uncharted 3 that could've been brought in INSTEAD of ranked.

Yep, ranked matches are pretty pointless right now. Even if you're the best there is, it doesn't matter if your team sucks. you could carry your team with 30 kills, but if you lose then you just lost ranked points. Even if you do end up getting the highest rank possible, that doesn't matter either. Nobody can see your rank in ANY matches, nevermind Ranked matches. There's no emblem, no special flair, absolutely nothing to show that you've touched the mode unless people actually go to the leaderboards. I just don't see the point. There are so many modes from Uncharted 3 that could've been brought in INSTEAD of ranked.

I literally have no idea what ND was thinking here. They've got arguably the best playing Uncharted or TPS out and they release the MP with barely any modes, lots of weird decisions and then it's at least a few months until we get some actual meaty updates. SMH

Playing against a party is impossible, I just got destroyed 3-10 and our team lost 8-40, they need to fix this shit.

Same. It's seriously not fun playing against teams. This game needs a mercenaries modes badly or something. There needs to be a FFA mode with no downs. There's already a no downs option in private matches so just throw that shit in a FFA mode. No mysticals/sidekicks just gun on gun action. Hell, I don't even think boostesr would be needed.

Alo0oy

Banned
Same. It's seriously not fun playing against teams. This game needs a mercenaries modes badly or something. There needs to be a FFA mode with no downs. There's already a no downs option in private matches so just throw that shit in a FFA mode. No mysticals/sidekicks just gun on gun action. Hell, I don't even think boostesr would be needed.

I never used boosters, I don't feel like I need them tbh. I'd rather use my relics on vanity chests.

jwk94

I literally have no idea what ND was thinking here. They've got arguably the best playing Uncharted or TPS out and they release the MP with barely any modes, lots of weird decisions and then it's at least a few months until we get some actual meaty updates. SMH

Agreed. I'm enjoying the MP, but man is it really bare bones compared to the previous games. Makes me wonder how long they spent on it. I was looking at Uncharted 3 gameplay and I'll be the first to tell you that MP wasn't good, but man did it have personality and soul. There were so many FREE customization options, we had leveling, legacies, we even had bounties! Oh and the party system was better.

Oh and three-team deathmatch and splitscreen. God I hope they bring those back.

I don't think I've had a bad match yet. Every team I've been on has been pretty great. The last match I did, I came in a few minutes late and was put on the losing team. We were about 15 points behind, but we managed to win in the end.

A lot of you must be really unlucky to consistently be put into bad teams.

KyleCross

Yeah, can't begin to express my disappointment with ND in terms of this MP. I'm just gonna assume MP was a distant thought and they just focused on SP, which is just fine as the SP is great. I just hope they improve MP with time.

It's so barebones. Only a couple modes. Not an abundance of characters. No leveling, really no feelings of progress. This is such a step down from UC3 MP I have trouble believing it.

Alo0oy

Banned
Yeah, can't begin to express my disappointment with ND in terms of this MP. I'm just gonna assume MP was a distant thought and they just focused on SP, which is just fine as the SP is great. I just hope they improve MP with time.

It's so barebones. Only a couple modes. Not an abundance of characters. No leveling, really no feelings of progress. This is such a step down from UC3 MP I have trouble believing it.

Seriously, the UC3 MP felt like a full MP game with how much content it had. I was a little disappointed with the SP in UC4 (mostly creatively, the gameplay was ace), so I wanted the MP to make up for that. Looks like that won't be the case for at least a few more months.

The 9mm pistol is just as effective as long guns but is 4 loadout points cheaper. Guess I'm getting that last loadout point soon after all.

the feeling of progress shouldn't be locked to a number left from the nickname. there is actually plenty of progress there. probably because the mp is solely loadout based.
I loved the rush to get the heavy weapons in the previous games.
however, the game is extremely advantageous for real parties and I can't see the purpose for the ranked Playlist, where you get crushed against parties even more heavily than in the non ranked mode.

jwk94

the feeling of progress shouldn't be locked to a number left from the nickname. there is actually plenty of progress there. probably because the mp is solely loadout based.
I loved the rush to get the heavy weapons in the previous games.
however, the game is extremely advantageous for real parties and I can't see the purpose for the ranked Playlist, where you get crushed against parties even more heavily than in the non ranked mode.
You are right. It shoudln't. But seeing that number is a big thing for a LOT of people. I think the problem with the current progression system is that it requires far too much involvement from the player. I need to track so much crap just to get a sense of where I. I have to see how i'm doing on downs for my long and side guns, how I'm doing on gear, mystical, and sidekick usage. Then I have to do each individual weapon if I want to unlock the attachments.

I think a better solution would've been to have a leveling system that unlocked basic items, and from there you have to use those items to unlock their attachments/augmentations. That way, your progress isn't just tied to a number.

bombshell

You are right. It shoudln't. But seeing that number is a big thing for a LOT of people. I think the problem with the current progression system is that it requires far too much involvement from the player. I need to track so much crap just to get a sense of where I. I have to see how i'm doing on downs for my long and side guns, how I'm doing on gear, mystical, and sidekick usage. Then I have to do each individual weapon if I want to unlock the attachments.

These lack of progression posts sound like complaining for the sake of complaining. I mean, to me there's absolutely a sense of progression in the unlocking of weapons, mods, boosters etc. You just have full control over when to unlock what and are not bound by whatever random level up order the devs put the unlocks in.

Requiring too much involvement from the player? LOL It's sad that is presented as something bad, but today's gamers huh.

I think a better solution would've been to have a leveling system that unlocked basic items, and from there you have to use those items to unlock their attachments/augmentations. That way, your progress isn't just tied to a number.

Except you're asking to tie the progress of unlocks to a different number.

How in the world are you supposed to make $5000 in the Crushing Savior Trial?

Don't shoot the enemies too fast yourself, but give them time to down your AI teammates first.

How in the world are you supposed to make $5000 in the Crushing Savior Trial?

I was just mowing down everyone with the loadout for blindfire weapons. The heavy weapon downs gives a bonus as well (afair).
I also traversed the map to get the trophies which could be gathered rather easily, because they give you 200$.

jwk94

These lack of progression posts sound like complaining for the sake of complaining. I mean, to me there's absolutely a sense of progression in the unlocking of weapons, mods, boosters etc. You just have full control over when to unlock what and are not bound by whatever random level up order the devs put the unlocks in.

Requiring too much involvement from the player? LOL It's sad that is presented as something bad, but today's gamers huh.

Except you're asking to tie the progress of unlocks to a different number.

Don't shoot the enemies too fast yourself, but give them time to down your AI teammates first.
I want to tie it to a different number because that's far easier to track than to hunt down individual numbers in your loadouts. I want the whole process to be streamlined somehow.

I also want something to compare to my friends. Look at it this way: In Uncharted 2 & 3 and any other game with a leveling system, you could make a meta game where you and your friends compete to get to level X. In this? Can't do that unless you all settle on a weapon or track your downs. Even then I still can't see how many downs they have until they notify me.

Johndoey

Banned
This game is totally sound mechanically, but with the party situation I think I have to back-burner this for a while. For me a Mercenary playlist would bump this up to an every day game.

bombshell

I want to tie it to a different number because that's far easier to track than to hunt down individual numbers in your loadouts. I want the whole process to be streamlined somehow.

That number that you find hard to track is a number that makes sense for what you're using, I don't think that's very hard to track. The streamlining means giving up the control of progression, which to me is worse than what we have here.

Edit: To answer your edited post.

I also want something to compare to my friends. Look at it this way: In Uncharted 2 & 3 and any other game with a leveling system, you could make a meta game where you and your friends compete to get to level X. In this? Can't do that unless you all settle on a weapon or track your downs. Even then I still can't see how many downs they have until they notify me.

I'm not opposed to a ranking system. I'm opposed to tieing unlocks in a completely random order to that ranking system. Comparing ranks with friends is unrelated to that issue.

El_Cinefilo

Is it just me or did the app not only double the length of time between treasure drops and half the relics given out but also really reduce the chance of getting said relics too? I've just gotten boosters for the last few days. No relics at all :-( Combined with the 10 relics for a win and none for a loss unlocking stuff just doesn't seem worth the grind.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm not opposed to a ranking system. I'm opposed to tieing unlocks in a completely random order to that ranking system. Comparing ranks with friends is unrelated to that issue.
Yeah this unlock system is way better than the one in U2. I can pick and choose what I want to unlock and ignore the stuff I would never bother adding to my load out. Also love how the LP unlocks are spread out between everything so you're forced to give everything a try and at the same time most of them have low requirements so it never gets frustrating being forced to try something you don't like.
Is it just me or did the app not only double the length of time between treasure drops and half the relics given out but also really reduce the chance of getting said relics too? I've just gotten boosters for the last few days. No relics at all :-( Combined with the 10 relics for a win and none for a loss unlocking stuff just doesn't seem worth the grind.
Yup. I gave up on getting relics from it, only bothering with it now to eventually get that top hat.

Ducktail

I accidently spent all my 500 uncharted points buying the worst villain ever:

WHITE HAIRED DUDE WHOSE NAME I CANT EVEN REMEMBER, from Drake's Fortune.

Dreez

Wooow just played my first match and it was super fun. I had the highest score but I think it was everybody else's first one too haha

back to finishing the game... :p

They need to give players something for a loss, because as of right now there is no incentive for players to stay in a match when you're on the losing side. People just drop out one after another and during the downtime you are faced with an uneven team by numbers as well.

Should be 25 for a win, 10 for a complete match.

I think 20/10 would be fine, but yeah I agree.

Captains in command is a terrible fucking idea. We were winning the entire match and I was captain (trying to stay alive) with a 60 point death reward for the other team. They won the match at the last moment because they happen to hit me with an RPG. Ugh.

Raxus

Captains in command is a terrible fucking idea. We were winning the entire match and I was captain (trying to stay alive) with a 60 point death reward for the other team. They won the match at the last moment because they happen to hit me with an RPG. Ugh.

I don't see why. You get advantages as a captain and the other team is just as vulnerable.

They didn't happen to hit you with an RPG, they shot an RPG at you because you were the Captain.

Your team had opportunity to do the same, and though it sounded like a close game, it was perfectly fair for them to win like that.

If anything, I really like the Captain system as it adds tension to the match, allowing an opportunity to come back even if you don't have the objectives. It creates a cool dynamic that's much more interesting than mere traditional capture.

buy the revive mystical and sit back and wait for your team to get wiped out. Repeat

Unless I'm mistaken you can't buy that on that trial. Only the savior sidekick.

I beat it by killing enemies really quickly, using the revolver to get extra power weapon kills for more cash, and following my team mates around so that the savior would revive them. Try to focus the action in the mid-market area, that way you're always in the thick of it, without having to run around the map, wasting time.

It's just marked man that gives you bonuses and I hated marked man in Uncharted 3. It would be better if it gave you a slight warning before it tagged you. Lost quite a few close games because of getting marked as captain when I was in a shootout with someone.

kingwingin

They didn't happen to hit you with an RPG, they shot an RPG at you because you were the Captain.

Your team had opportunity to do the same, and though it sounded like a close game, it was perfectly fair for them to win like that.

If anything, I really like the Captain system as it adds tension to the match, allowing an opportunity to come back even if you don't have the objectives. It creates a cool dynamic that's much more interesting than mere traditional capture.

Unless I'm mistaken you can't buy that on that trial. Only the savior sidekick.

I beat it by killing enemies really quickly, using the revolver to get extra power weapon kills for more cash, and following my team mates around so that the savior would revive them. Try to focus the action in the mid-market area, that way you're always in the thick of it, without having to run around the map, wasting time.
sorry my bad. Was thinking of the other revive trial

Top Bottom