• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I think I'd be more in favor of Captains if the bounty didn't increase. Doesn't help that sometimes you have people in your team that want to be lone wolves and end up giving the other team free points.

ronco2000

I wish they didn't immediately fade to black, taunting people post match was fun in 3.

Like before each match we should be able to do our selected taunts and have all of us have dance party. That shit would be hilarious. Instead we have these dumb poses for like 20 seconds waiting for the match to start. Do it ND.

stryke

L6s1YWV.png

I just want a map that doesn't follow the 3 lane motif.

Burning4

Neo Member
Is anyone using the Fortune Hunter game to unlock relics and stuff for multiplayer? I've used up most my keys and am wondering if I delete it from my phone would I be able to re-earn all the keys to open more chests. Does anyone know if this works?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Is anyone using the Fortune Hunter game to unlock relics and stuff for multiplayer? I've used up most my keys and am wondering if I delete it from my phone would I be able to re-earn all the keys to open more chests. Does anyone know if this works?

You sure can. I just did the same thing the other day and am working my way through a second time.

Alienous

Kinda wish custom characters were in.
Entire teams of Nate and Elena take me out of it.

In the beta I wasn't a fan of that either. Even if there are no custom characters I'm not a big fan of two Sully's on a team, or whatever. I imagine that might be something I'd think about much less in the game's final multiplayer, due to the customization.

But I wouldn't mind not getting to play as the character I picked if it meant matches consisted of all unique characters. You could have players pick their priority character and allocate from there.

First world problem, tho.

You can bet your ass that theyll expand the character list.

There are so many of them. The question is if they'll get voice acting done.

Karl Schaefer is missing, Cameraman Jeff, Vargas, and I would buy a Last of Us pack so fast, just to play as Joel.

In the beta I wasn't a fan of that either. Even if there are no custom characters I'm not a big fan of two Sully's on a team, or whatever. I imagine that might be something I'd think about much less in the game's final multiplayer, due to the customization.

But I wouldn't mind not getting to play as the character I picked if it meant matches consisted of all unique characters. You could have players pick their priority character and allocate from there.

First world problem, tho.

Skins at least need a color option, or let pre-sets be altered.

I'd really like to see crazy stuff though to really add variety.
Nate as Francis Drake
Chloe in an Anne Bonny type getup
Rafe as
Henry Avery or Tew
Eddy Raja as a Jack Sparrow-ish pirate
Talbot as a knight
Marlowe as a Queen
And so on.

Maybe have someone as Genghis Khan and Marco Polo so that type of stuff is back without being just skeletons.

Seems like the most imbalanced shooter I've played maybe ever. No one uses a shotgun and most who use a sniper don't do well. It's basically AK/SMG all the time.

Revven

You can bet your ass that theyll expand the character list.

There are so many of them. The question is if they'll get voice acting done.

Karl Schaefer is missing, Cameraman Jeff, Vargas, and I would buy a Last of Us pack so fast, just to play as Joel.

Also missing Rika Raja and Pinkerton. And you can also argue villains are missing the henchmen from the first three games. Such as Prakoso representing the Drake's Fortune pirates (or rather, Eddy's goons), Sark and the other soldiers from Lazarevic's army, and then the desert enemies, the thugs from the bar, & suited enemies from Marlowe's group in Uncharted 3.

How come Chole doesn't have her red shirt. C'mon ND.

Nate's main costume from 4 is completely ruined by the colors they used for the mp model.

They literally couldn't have changed those colors to uglier versions.
xTk9ZFTsmj4H5MfxV6.gif

Which just looks exactly like
Uncharted-3-Media_12-17-10.jpg

which was also ruined by color changes as they colored the blue jeans brown.
Ci2KyqxWYAA3Qew.jpg

Just WTF.

Aenima

How is that possible? did they exploit a glitch or something?

I have no idea. But is the 1st guy i catch cheating. He killed me with 4 hits with a pistol, killed me before with a "kick" while i was running and he was not even near me, and then he just a superman that insta kills everyone that gets near him and he eats led for breakfast. I just want to report that to NaughtyDog to see if they can patch that. But dunno to who i should repport.

Revven

I have no idea. But is the 1st guy i catch cheating. He killed me with 4 hits with a pistol, killed me before with a "kick" while i was running and he was not even near me, and then he just a superman that insta kills everyone that gets near him and he eats led for breakfast. I just want to report that to NaughtyDog to see if they can patch that. But dunno to who i should repport.

That all sounds like lag to me and how he's really, really desynced from the host or whatever. Not a cheater, just a really bad upload I'd imagine. Combined with probably how far away they may live from you/the host.

Remember, this is P2P. It's much more likely he was lagging and just completely unaware. Notice how he's not even reacting to being shot and just sitting behind cover like nobody is shooting him and how he's trying to capture the point.

This is how previous Uncharted multiplayers handled bad connections. The player is just unaware and playing like normal, maybe on their screen they've got a white plug maybe not. And if they don't then everybody around them is either severely delayed (as in he's receiving their information/data for getting hit and what not really late) or they are invisible to him (as in their player locations on his screen have not synced up as yet). Then you have things like players sliding around, the game having a hard time updating the player's position due to their connection speed and so on.

In fact, the first part of the video definitely looks like they were under the dead body glitch. Which is something you cannot do intentionally and is reliant on how bad your connection is; the game just fails to respawn the player properly or rather their player position fails to send to everybody else when they respawn. So, they appear "invisible" to everyone else but what's really happening is their player position just isn't updating for you. You have to find where his "dead body" is and shoot it to fix the problem (at least in the old games that's how it was). The "kill cam" usually shows where their dead body is located which I believe is what was happening in the first part of your video.

In other words, this is just a combination of a really bad connection and an old glitch that has existed since Uncharted 2 multiplayer due to how they've made the netcode. Which, again, I stress cannot be triggered intentionally.

Aenima

That all sounds like lag to me and how he's really, really desynced from the host or whatever. Not a cheater, just a really bad upload I'd imagine. Combined with probably how far away they may live from you/the host.

Remember, this is P2P. It's much more likely he was lagging and just completely unaware. Notice how he's not even reacting to being shot and just sitting behind cover like nobody is shooting him and how he's trying to capture the point.

All conections showed as 4 to 5 bars. The guy in the video is from Germany, im from Portugal and I always have good conection with all of European players.
As i said, the guy earlier in that match killed me with a kick (only happens when you are hanging on a wall and other player kicks u down) and i never hanged in a wall in the beginning, in fact i was running to the 1st base, just got killed with a kick from nowhere. I tought i was some weird glich and moved on untill i saw him eating led like a champ, everyone was shooting at him and he was still standing.

How is that possible? did they exploit a glitch or something?

Probably just a coincidental glitch rather than an exploit. There are a few glitches that are present in this build that offer invisibility and invulnerability and they are also in Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, and The Last of Us. I don't think they are intentionally replicable, but I could be wrong.

Uncharted 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPu_MxCihY4

Uncharted 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYtuL2ynlKc

The Last of Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsC6s-9iUM

Maybe they'll fix this stuff someday, haha...

Revven

Probably just a coincidental glitch rather than an exploit. There are a few glitches that are present in this build that offer invisibility and invulnerability and they are also in Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, and The Last of Us. I don't think they are intentionally replicable, but I could be wrong.

Uncharted 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPu_MxCihY4

Uncharted 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYtuL2ynlKc

The Last of Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsC6s-9iUM

Maybe they'll fix this stuff someday, haha...

They aren't possible to trigger intentionally in my experience since Uncharted 2 MP. It's all based on, most of the time, a bad connection between the player in question and everyone else.

They don't.

I was mistaken, more health (when downed)

Whichever player contributes the most points to the team’s objective is the Team Captain. The Captain will receive bonuses — cheaper In-Match Store Items, the ability to revive teammates faster, and more health when downed. When a Captain is designated, the Captain starts at Level 1, but as the Captain gains objective points without being KO’ed, the Captain goes up a Level to a max level of three, which increases the effectiveness of the Captain bonuses. However, at higher levels, the Captain is more visible to the enemy:

Level 1: Enemies see a Captain icon by the Captain’s name

Level 2: Enemies can always see the Captain on radar

Level 3: Captains are automatically Marked until they lose Captain status

Captain status is lost when the Captain is knocked out, which scores the enemy points depending on the level of the Captain. This mode can have some intense comebacks given the large point value a Captain can reach.

Do you guys think a classic mode would work?

I miss playing with a variety of Power weapons. Only thing lacking is verticality. It's there. Just not pronounced. I wish some maps could let us swing to hard to reach places

And Id love to see more fun swimming designed into the map.

Also, Naughty Dog really needs to release Team Objective. The lack of modes is really killer, and Team Objective would scratch like 10 itches

jwk94

Man, anyone else miss the announcer and music from Uncharted 3's MP? Hearing the announcer tell you you're running out of time or not to mess up was exciting and then you had the music. Man, the music was tense!

Aenima

Might not be a cheater but some sort of glitch. Don't Captains in that mode get more health? Maybe something glitched with the health boost.

Nop. Captains get more health when they are downed. That guy cant even get downed. Everyone was shooting at him and using melee, with a swing the guy KOed 2 of my team mates. Its like the damege dont makes any effect on him and he always have 100% health.

Do you guys think a classic mode would work?

I miss playing with a variety of Power weapons. Only thing lacking is verticality. It's there. Just not pronounced. I wish some maps could let us swing to hard to reach places

And Id love to see more fun swimming designed into the map.

Also, Naughty Dog really needs to release Team Objective. The lack of modes is really killer, and Team Objective would scratch like 10 itches

At the very least i'd take a mode without sidekicks, probably the dumbest addition to an mp game I have ever seen.

Kei-

Man...blindfire is soooooo strong in this game lol
It's always been a problem/part of the series' multiplayer, it's just too good. I feel like at least i remember like 2 shots with the pistol and a melee would kill in U2. In 4, I'm getting outgunned at close, but not melee range by a bolt action sniper, like wtf? I'm hard aiming an AK vs a sniper, he blindfires 2 shots at me and downs me, it's entirely too strong, I don't think there is a damage penalty, which, there definitely should be with the strong aim assist.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em unlocked the improved blind fire accuracy mod, i truly don't see the point in aiming, unless it's long range.

At the very least i'd take a mode without sidekicks, probably the dumbest addition to an mp game I have ever seen.

Yes, no sidekicks mode would be much appreciated. Ultimate mode for me would be no sidekicks, everyone starts with ak/fal and a pistol with heavy weapon pick ups spawning around the map. I know it sounds like I just want U2 mp, but It's still varied enough from U2 with the other added mechanics. I'm sure they are worried about splitting the user base though.

Aenima

Post it right to the Uncharted MP forum. The devs post there, and it needs to be front and center for all to see

Thanks. I posted it on the Uncharted forums, there was already a therad there created for glich/cheaters, and ppl that posted videos was always from guys that are imune to damage. Same situation as my video shows.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, anyone else miss the announcer and music from Uncharted 3's MP? Hearing the announcer tell you you're running out of time or not to mess up was exciting and then you had the music. Man, the music was tense!
I am so glad you brought this up. Idgaf about the announcer, but specifically, the music is what I miss the most. Some of the music that plays in the MP is OK, but it doesn't get you pumped! Yesterday, this incredible track played when I was playing a match of TDM (both teams were at 37 kills) and it was the most epic track I've heard in the MP. It had never played before which is a shame because it's so amazing and tense. If everyone heard it, they'll get pumped to win, guaranteed. I'll try to upload the clip today with the song cuz it's so gooooood.

Hopefully it's possible to add music in later updates cuz the power play music that played in UC3 and in the beta were so good. I miss them so much and they would be great to listen to during the match. We need uncharted sounding music back!

Ha. Im with you. Such a crappy addition. Wish we could upgrade something else. I wish they did something more dependent on the player.

I wish there were environmental upgrades you could choose instead

Swim better/use primary underwater. Move faster with riot shield (if they added riot shield). Throw propane tank faster or make it explode bigger...if they had propane tanks

Better accuracy when using a turret...if they had turrets

I wish theyd add these back

They werent even in the single player!

More and more Hunters, and Brutes.

More and more mines.

More and more teams just spamming the stone to revive people the second they're down.

Mines are way worse than sidekicks. Sidekicks have been nerfed pretty hard since the early days of the beta, but Mines are forever garbage and have no place in the flow of an UC MP match.

Ha. Im with you. Such a crappy addition. Wish we could upgrade something else. I wish they did something more dependent on the player.

They are so stupid to me,
They don't really change the game up but squanders other interesting features.
Why use snipers when you can get an NPC to do it for you,
Why heal teammates when the AI can do it better than you, as well as a mystical.

Or god forbid you go against a team all using Hunters.

Brute is really the only interesting one and honestly it'd be better if they made it a macguffin of some legendary armor suit your character equips.

Top Bottom