• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

More and more Hunters, and Brutes.

More and more mines.

More and more teams just spamming the stone to revive people the second they're down.

I think mines arent particularly bad. You can always trigger them from a distance and there's a booster counter for it.

Maybe it could cost +1

Maybe they could add an EMP mystical or gear that you could toss out :p

HMD

I'm pretty sure that cheating video someone posted is just horrible lag, TLoU had a lot of these invincible laggers.

SSReborn

I don't know, it's pretty extreme.

Going down and getting back up, taking 2 full clips to the back. Getting killed from across the map.
When I was playing with a friend eh was lagging so much that he was literally running the game behind us. Like at one point I got KO'd and he was talking about it way after I spawned back and was running alongside him and he was like I was still down on his screen and he couldn't see me beside him.

Another time he was surrounded by the entire team but didn't see them or on his end they were in other places in the map or w.e. So yeah this game has some very weird things happen when there is crazy lag plus it's something I do remember happening from time to time in uc3 not so much uc2 cuz I can't remember that far back haha. Never experienced it in TLOU though im sure it happened there too.

The Lamp

I'm Bronze 2 and cannot escape this hell because for every win I have with a great team that works together, I get a team that spreads out and does whatever the fuck they want during ranked team death match and we lose.

Please let me be on your team so I can play with people who work together and escape the bronze hell :(

They are so stupid to me,
They don't really change the game up but squanders other interesting features.
Why use snipers when you can get an NPC to do it for you,
Why heal teammates when the AI can do it better than you, as well as a mystical.

Or god forbid you go against a team all using Hunters.

Brute is really the only interesting one and honestly it'd be better if they made it a macguffin of some legendary armor suit your character equips.

Because all of those things are expensive?

The Lamp

L6s1YWV.png

I just want a map that doesn't follow the 3 lane motif.

I really like the jungle one that doesn't go in a circular track. The one where you can swim. That's a fucking cool map.

Also I really like the Scotland map.

I fuckng hate Rooftops. Hard to see things with all the crammed buildings.

All the maps are decent or at least pretty good. Good map design overall.

Alo0oy

Banned
I don't understand why weapon customization is not part of the loadout, I want Eddy's AK to be gold and Elena's to be pink, but I can't do that without quitting matchmaking, and that would be pointless since you can't know ahead of time whether you're on the villains or heroes team.

Raxus

I really like the jungle one that doesn't go in a circular track. The one where you can swim. That's a fucking cool map.

Also I really like the Scotland map.

I fuckng hate Rooftops. Hard to see things with all the crammed buildings.

All the maps are decent or at least pretty good. Good map design overall.

I think Rooftops and Remnants are by far the worst.

Pirate Bay and Madagascar are my faves.

Anyone got any tips on the Revive and Staff trials on crushing? They're fucking bogus. Edit: Nevermind, managed to beat them by choosing the close range loadout and basically ignoring the objective and using the condor to get kills.

I think Rooftops and Remnants are by far the worst.

Pirate Bay and Madagascar are my faves.

Remnants is an amazing map. Pirate Colony and River are also up there for me.

Nvzman

They are so stupid to me,
They don't really change the game up but squanders other interesting features.
Why use snipers when you can get an NPC to do it for you,
Why heal teammates when the AI can do it better than you, as well as a mystical.

Or god forbid you go against a team all using Hunters.

Brute is really the only interesting one and honestly it'd be better if they made it a macguffin of some legendary armor suit your character equips.
The AI healer is dogshit.
Or at least I'm an insanely competent healer compared to that thing.
I have an entire healer build class with the medpacks + Stone heal super + revive perks and I find the healer buddy useless.

Fucking sick of this game. Half the games I run into 5 person parties who obliterate anyone, and the other half I get frequent 'white plug' issues. It's a fucking joke.

river is such a shite map

my favorites are islands, madagascar and remnants

scotland is pretty cool, don't like rooftops too much

and the pirate colony is okay, I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me, blanking on the 8th map

oh yeah. Auction House. it's mediocre

Before release, I heard that multiplayer client would be a separate download. Any idea what happened to that? I wish we could set the option to boot the game in multiplayer instantly.

Kalentan

Before release, I heard that multiplayer client would be a separate download. Any idea what happened to that? I wish we could set the option to boot the game in multiplayer instantly.

I noticed the other day that in my library, there was a download for Uncharted 4 MP, and I don't believe it was the beta.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You were misinformed. You can select which part to download first, as to decide what you can play while the other part is not yet finished downloading.

It's just marked man that gives you bonuses and I hated marked man in Uncharted 3. It would be better if it gave you a slight warning before it tagged you. Lost quite a few close games because of getting marked as captain when I was in a shootout with someone.
First of all: I'm enjoying the added captaincy as a wrinkle to this mode.

I think the heuristic when it's decided who gets captain which is very often me, it can occasionally happen that I get award captaincy the moment I get downed. That is just free points for the enemy team based on play that was more risky than I would otherwise have been.

benny_a

double post oops

I think Auction House and Remnants are my least favorite, the rest range from good to great.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So, I kind of had to make this..

C'mon.. you knew it was coming..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwtYNJVYF9k
Omfg man. The first step Nate takes when the best comes in wounded me. When Nadine started and then casually fades into PS4 sign up I died.

I'm still enjoying this game. But I feel like it's gonna go the way of MGO3. A solid MP that just drops by the wayside. I miss loving MGO3. That was a fun week. There's just not enough good here to compete with other games.

Finally got round to playing it last night.

Did the Warm Up and had several Team Deathmatch games.

Just getting used to actually shooting something again lol!

Some great tactics used by gamers (one guy bating as all three of us come together just to use hit RPG or another being the bait in an open area for another guy to sniper us).

Been hammered a couple of times by an obvious party, or at least it seemed that way!

Loving it. Yet to try other modes.

Wish they would allow us to turn off any glowing shit round enemies/teammates - does my fucking head in, wasn't on the beta and makes the graphics look fucking awful. SMH...

Anyways, any advice on what Ranked Matches are? What's the difference? Can I only unlock custom loadouts this way etc?

emrober5

Probably been discussed but this game really needs a classic mode. I love UC2 multiplayer and still play TLOU regularly but I don't like all these power ups and side kicks. Completely kills it for me.

benny_a

Probably been discussed but this game really needs a classic mode. I love UC2 multiplayer and still play TLOU regularly but I don't like all these power ups and side kicks. Completely kills it for me.
Anything in that vein will take weeks, and more like months if they happen at all.

Anyways, any advice on what Ranked Matches are? What's the difference? Can I only unlock custom loadouts this way etc?
It's supposedly the mode where you get matched with people equal to your skill level, at least that's the implication from what I'm reading. I can not confirm this based on playing it.
I've seen 15-20x point differences on the same team, which isn't just someone being off-game but playing a completely different game.

emrober5

Anything in that vein will take weeks, and more like months if they happen at all.

Doesn't seem too difficult to disable the touchpad in a game mode. Hell, they could go crazy and put a heavy weapon somewhere on each map.

I don't know, the game should have shipped with a classic mode, because I don't see this multiplayer having much staying power. Just my opinion

Thanks benny_a

One thing I did notice is why when I want to change view point (left or right as I aim, does it take over a second to change back?

Not happy with that at all and don't understand the logic either...

benny_a

One thing I did notice is why when I want to change view point (left or right as I aim, does it take over a second to change back?

Not happy with that at all and don't understand the logic either...
Stance switching was a problem in TLOU MP (spamming of it was a used tactic in competitive) as it's associated with animation changes. Therefor it has a cooldown now.

joanot

Aaaarrgghh went to save the most epic game I ever had & it only saved the last 22 seconds...WTF ?

Is the third time this has happended to me on the multiplayer, never had any issues before.

Anybody else having problems ? Havent tested history mode yet.

Stance switching was a problem in TLOU MP (spamming of it was a used tactic in competitive) as it's associated with animation changes. Therefor it has a cooldown now.

Lol! Played TLOU for a very very long time and didn't even know!

Fair enough then. Now can they just give me an option to rid the glowing!

Aaaarrgghh went to save the most epic game I ever had & it only saved the last 22 seconds...WTF ?

Is the third time this has happended to me on the multiplayer, never had any issues before.

Anybody else having problems ? Havent tested history mode yet.
Had that happen too. I don't think you have to wait until you're back in the lobby. Seems like right when the match ends can cause some problems.

Wow so getting 15 downs with grenades seems like it should reward a bit more than 320 points haha - I think I got 350 for summoning a saviour 9 times!

joanot

Had that happen too. I don't think you have to wait until you're back in the lobby. Seems like right when the match ends can cause some problems.

mmm maybe you are right, I pressed the share button just when the match ended and the match results were showing on screen.

thanks

The Lamp

Is there a way to wipe your multiplayer data?

Like I said before, I'm stuck in bronze hell as a loner without teammates that are willing to cooperate and I can't level up because people at the bronze level don't use mics or play as a team, and I can't play with any friends because their levels are too high.

Unless someone is willing to play with me:( I'm a decent sniper actually

T-Rex.

Banned
These fucking mines. It's so boring when they're just placed at all the spawn points. TLOU MP was perfect but this is really bad.

Alo0oy

Banned

Nobody is going to play it anyway, I remember a lot of people were screaming for it in UC3, but when they patched it in nobody played it, and it turned out that it was just a very loud minority.

Nobody is going to play it anyway, I remember a lot of people were screaming for it in UC3, but when they patched it in nobody played it, and it turned out that it was just a very loud minority.

They patched it in months after everyone gave up on the game. Should have been in from the start

Javin98

Banned
Ugh, more than half of my matches tonight have been plaqued with the white plug disconnected issue. Fix this crap, Naughty Dog!

Alienous

I'm sure a good amount of the audience for Classic Mode stopped playing by the time they patched it in. I had certainly stopped playing UC3's multiplayer by then.

I watched a couple of Uncharted 3's patch videos and there's a lot of bullshit they added that I hadn't seen. I'm not exactly sure 'continued support' from Naughty Dog's MP team is an attractive prospect, as it looks like they drove that game off the rails.

moai

Does playing ranked better your chances to get teamed with better players? Right now casual is getting boring because of terrible teammates that finish 1-10 making one team usually steamrolling the other.

idonteven

had 2 people that boosted the other team... how sad can you be ? this is not call of duty where you show off the kill death ratio for fuck sake.. so mad

sad sad sad
mZkUZf2.png

they just stood there talking to eachother not doing anything

Top Bottom