• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

cordy

Banned
Question GAF fam...

So I'm gonna be open for the next few weeks and I'm wondering that game to get. As a whole, should I get Uncharted 4 or Ratchet? I'll get the other later on but wondering. I plan on listening to podcasts from time to time too so either or works for me.

Some might see this as a dumb question but the podcasting thing is what I'm mainly talking about.

Are all the pre-order bonus stuffs like taunts and collectors edition outfits and guns also available to be unlocked in the multiplayer?

I have a dream, that one day Savior Supports would actually fire back at the person shooting them instead of standing in the doorway like a freaking idiot!!

I know you have a freaking gun!! USE IT!!

Why? You pair up with randoms and lose, you just lose some points. I mean, pairing up with parties in ranked TDM is hard enough so there's not much incentive to stop it.
If you're playing on your own, it's damn near impossible to win/not get steamrolled when you're clearly going up against a party.

Ranked is an individual rating of skill after all.

There's a reason in stuff like MOBAs they restrict the use of parties and/or only match parties up with parties of the same size.

ND added party and non-party playlists to TLOU and although much different, they made another game that rewards coordinated play.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I agree. The skill based matchmaking is not very good at the moment and that is just compounded when you have coordinated players vs. randoms.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are all the pre-order bonus stuffs like taunts and collectors edition outfits and guns also available to be unlocked in the multiplayer?
Nope, only way to use that stuff is to redeem a pre order code. It currently doesn't appear in the store or in the customization menu if you haven't redeemed a code.

andycapps

Question GAF fam...

So I'm gonna be open for the next few weeks and I'm wondering that game to get. As a whole, should I get Uncharted 4 or Ratchet? I'll get the other later on but wondering. I plan on listening to podcasts from time to time too so either or works for me.

Some might see this as a dumb question but the podcasting thing is what I'm mainly talking about.
Uncharted campaign isn't one I'd play while listening to podcasts but I'd think the multiplayer would be fine to play while doing so.

lazypants

Any idea how to kill people hanging off ledge? Often I don't have a shot on them and throwing a grenade by their hands does nothing. Walking up to them means I'll either be shot at or melee'd.

Also, killing a sidekick should count as a kill in TDM since they are often more deadly than the actual players.

24hr

Have they implemented music when getting close to the end of a match? Or have I just not recognised it until now?

I've played the multiplayer for about 12 hours (so not long really) and am enjoying it but doubt I'll hang around long.

I've experienced a few mechanical oddities and you can certainly tell its peer-to-peer. It's definitely fun though. I think the best maps are the beta maps.

This was patched in 1.02 or 1.03.

Nope it's still working. I don't think ND will fix this, just like that glitch in TLOU that allowed you to play Grounded + after just one Normal playthrough (technically you had to beat the game in hard to unlock survivor, then play survivor to unlock grounded and then play grounded to unlock grounded+ to get all trophies -_-) and the glitch even made it to TLOUR.

Nope it's still working. I don't think ND will fix this, just like that glitch in TLOU that allowed you to play Grounded + after just one Normal playthrough (technically you had to beat the game in hard to unlock survivor, then play survivor to unlock grounded and then play grounded to unlock grounded+ to get all trophies -_-) and the glitch even made it to TLOUR.

My bad, it's the Crushing exploit that was patched.

Rajang

Question GAF fam...

UC4 is the better game and overal package (long campaign and great MP). But its not a podcast game at all.

jwk94

If you're playing on your own, it's damn near impossible to win/not get steamrolled when you're clearly going up against a party.

Ranked is an individual rating of skill after all.

There's a reason in stuff like MOBAs they restrict the use of parties and/or only match parties up with parties of the same size.

ND added party and non-party playlists to TLOU and although much different, they made another game that rewards coordinated play.
Ranked has nothing to do with your skill of you lose though.

Alo0oy

Banned
They patched it in months after everyone gave up on the game. Should have been in from the start

UC3's MP was averaging ~80k players months after launch, UC2 never even came close to that number. It was definitely a very loud minority. Nobody played the hardcore playlist.

skelekey

If you can't get an angle on them to shoot, run up and hit square to knock them off.

It kind of sucks that this can end in both parties dieing. I've run up and kicked players off the ledge only to die myself, even though they don't get the grab animation. In previous Uncharteds only one party could win the encounter.

AKyemeni

Patch 1.04
MULTIPLAYER
Fixed minor aim acceleration issue
Fixed a crash that occurs when carrying an object
Fixed a texture crash
Fixed party join parameters to disallow joining a party that is in matchmaking
Fixed Invite Only party setting to properly allow invited players
Fixed a crash that occurs when picking up the idol while taking cover
Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get into unintended areas
Fixed language loading issue
Updated Messaging on locked Customization items
Updated HUD so Marking only shows the arrow and not show the player's name
Fixed crash for Uncharted TV

SINGLE PLAYER
Fixed a progression stopper where an IGC doesn't trigger in Cave
Fixed a crash in the tower basement

Live Update .015 [1.04.015]
Increased friends list limit to show entire friends list by adding pages
UPDATE
It looks like we introduced a different party joining bug with this latest update.

Going into matchmaking and then backing out makes the game think you cannot be joined. You can easily fix this by entering Private Match. We will introduce a proper fix for this in our next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience

http://community.us.playstation.com...e-Update-015-are-now-LIVE/m-p/45777113#M18938

Any idea how to kill people hanging off ledge? Often I don't have a shot on them and throwing a grenade by their hands does nothing. Walking up to them means I'll either be shot at or melee'd.

Run up to them and press square to give them the boot before the pull you down, or move off to the side and shoot at them.

Have they implemented music when getting close to the end of a match? Or have I just not recognised it until now?

It's always been there.

I fear this Uncharted will have the fastest drop in players. It's really bare.

Battleborn and Doom will die off faster.

I feel like Uncharted will be fine a few months out after they've dropped an extra mode, map, and mystical. Im just waiting for a big patch to update the balance and add in Team Objective.

Anywho, we should do a Tournament!

Man, I really hope they dont nerf Cintimani. I love the insane chaos it brings to a game.

It really feels as if they need to buff El Dorado to be more of the room clearer it used to be. Either that, or making it considerably cheaper. It really feels like the counterweight to Cintimani.

I notice good teams always use the Staff. Super affordable, even at max price.

Foxxsoxx

Man, I really hope they dont nerf Cintimani. I love the insane chaos it brings to a game.

It really feels as if they need to buff El Dorado to be more of the room clearer it used to be. Either that, or making it considerably cheaper. It really feels like the counterweight to Cintimani.

I notice good teams always use the Staff. Super affordable, even at max price.

Yeah staff is very useful and I feel Dorado could use a buff, probably just a lower price though considering one of the unlocks for it is 50% extra damage.

fucking finally, some patch notes, thank you.

i remember the TLOU tourney, and i don't know if i can handle another beating like that >_>

I loved TLOU tourney. I loved watching it. So intense.

I was so glad to have advanced with my team... I think we advanced twice before getting wiped. My hands were genuinely shaking, and I even remember needing to breathe and calm myself down after. For some reason, playing against GAF and streaming it made the stakes so much more intense lol.

Top Bottom