• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Yeah staff is very useful and I feel Dorado could use a buff, probably just a lower price though considering one of the unlocks for it is 50% extra damage.

AKYemeni says the 50% buff is garbage. I wonder if he was just experiencing a bug, since it seems the El Dorado sometimes doesn't hit.

I miss the beta... I know it was insanely spammy, but the constant 100% revives and powerful El Dorados were so chaotic.

El Dorado really is great for clearing rooms where you are having tight firefights, so a lower price would probably be perfect.

The Eye of Indra could be perfect to catch and kill teams outright.

I hope ND considers this.

The Spezzotti shotgun is garbage. I shot a guy basically point blank 4 times and he still didn't go down.

Yeah, if someone with an AK47 and someone with a Spez start shooting each other in the torso at the same time from 3 feet away, the AK will win. It's definitely not right.

Neogaf I need help I need teammates. Sick of getting into matches were someone on my team doesn't even pick up the controller and just leaves I'm an adult and have a mic please send me a friend request to tokyocrusher

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
At this point I'll just settle for a no brutes mode. Fuck brutes. Fucking fuck them.

Was winning a game and then the enemy team whips out three brutes and suddenly starts steamrolling us.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
AKYemeni says the 50% buff is garbage. I wonder if he was just experiencing a bug, since it seems the El Dorado sometimes doesn't hit.

I miss the beta... I know it was insanely spammy, but the constant 100% revives and powerful El Dorados were so chaotic.

El Dorado really is great for clearing rooms where you are having tight firefights, so a lower price would probably be perfect.

The Eye of Indra could be perfect to catch and kill teams outright.

I hope ND considers this.

It would be far better for the mysticals to not exist at all. In lieu of that, severely-nerfed effectiveness is adequate. If players are truly in desperate need of a tool to clear rooms, ND might consider making the heavy weapons or perhaps C4 more appealing. Buffing the very things that made the beta a clusterfuck is not the answer.

So started playing MP and its pretty fun. What are some good boosters I should use?

Uhh is there some kind is glitch that you can "disappear" or be under the map or something? Just played a game where these 2 games destroyed us. Every time I died to those 2 players, the killcam just showed a red circle, assuming thats where they should be at. At the end of the game, it shows those 2 players had no deaths. Anyone know or experiences something similar?

Sorry I dont know the map's name but it was in the beta. With the cars in Italy.

Feel free to add me on PS4: iRAWRasaurus. Just mention you are from GAF :3

v1lla21

Anyone want to party up? Have 2 spots open. Psn is the same as gaf handle.

Yeah brutes need to get nerfed. Them motherfucks have 360 degree eyeballs.

It would be far better for the mysticals to not exist at all. In lieu of that, severely-nerfed effectiveness is adequate. If players are truly in desperate need of a tool to clear rooms, ND might consider making the heavy weapons or perhaps C4 more appealing. Buffing the very things that made the beta a clusterfuck is not the answer.
The beta was so perfect tho

I think they're great as is.They should be hard to take down.
I don't think his (or my) problem is their health so much as their ability to spot you magically and wall-hack from time to time. Also, their ability to rope swing as quickly as everyone else is hilarious considering how slow they are supposed to move with all that armor and their weapon.

Creaking

I think they're great as is.They should be hard to take down.

I think it's too much. They stop being balanced as soon as more than one enters the same area. With two brutes to keep you pinned, the enemy basically has free reign to kill and revive without opposition.

If nothing else, they can't be so omnipotent. What sense does it make for the dude in the big claustrophobic suit to be the best at detecting enemies. I think their LMG should be less accurate too. They're better snipers than the sniper (which, incidentally, I hardly ever see used).

Javin98

Banned
I don't think his (or my) problem is their health so much as their ability to spot you magically and wall-hack from time to time. Also, their ability to rope swing as quickly as everyone else is hilarious considering how slow they are supposed to move with all that armor and their weapon.
Hmm, spot you magically? Yesterday I was shooting a brute from the back and he didn't even turn around, LOL.

Brutes don't shoot through smoke from smoke bombs. I started using that because teams like to just call groups of brutes when they are close to losing.

hawk2025

I still have the fucking infuriating connectivity issue. Most games are dropped.

Zero issues with Doom.

I'm on the verge of just giving up.

I still have the fucking infuriating connectivity issue. Most games are dropped.

Zero issues with Doom.

Yep. It's bullshit. Assuming you're talking about the white-plug icon appearing every 5 seconds or so? If I get a white plug I just leave the game, which is unfair on everyone.
On the playstation forums Naughty Dog said that it's simply because your connection isn't up to it, even though people with fibre are having issues.
Personally although my internet is a bit average I had no issues whatsoever during the beta, or with any other multiplayer game in existence.
I can tell which games are going to cause trouble though, if I see a game where 3 or 4 people have two bars then I know the game is going to fuck up.

What's really dumb is that Naughty Dog also said that even if you meet the 1mb/s upload speed they recommend you'll still have issues, which is quite hilarious since that's the maximum upload speed for most residential ADSL2+ plans in Australia.

In other words it's complete bullshit and Naughty Dog are either doing something absolutely amazing over the network we've never seen before, or they just need to improve their netcode.

Foxxsoxx

Yep. It's bullshit. Assuming you're talking about the white-plug icon appearing every 5 seconds or so? If I get a white plug I just leave the game, which is unfair on everyone.
On the playstation forums Naughty Dog said that it's simply because your connection isn't up to it, even though people with fibre are having issues.
Personally although my internet is a bit average I had no issues whatsoever during the beta, or with any other multiplayer game in existence.
I can tell which games are going to cause trouble though, if I see a game where 3 or 4 people have two bars then I know the game is going to fuck up.

What's really dumb is that Naughty Dog also said that even if you meet the 1mb/s upload speed they recommend you'll still have issues, which is quite hilarious since that's the maximum upload speed for most residential ADSL2+ plans in Australia.

In other words it's complete bullshit and Naughty Dog are either doing something absolutely amazing over the network we've never seen before, or they just need to improve their netcode.

From my experience, NAT type can really screw you over with white plugs. You never want NAT 3 in a ND MP game. You want an open NAT at all times. After I changed to NAT 2 from 3, I never white plug any more and it used to happen constantly.

FiggyCal

Banned

Zero issues with Doom.

I had the same issue in Uncharted 3. Try using an ethernet cable instead of using wifi maybe. I don't even try to play over wifi anymore.

RS4-

I'm still not fond of the Battlefield type hit detection/netcode? You know, you're getting shot, you dive behind cover, then you still die.

Ranked TDM is garbage cant level up because I keep getting stuck in 5v4 matches or my teammates suck. Let me level up base on my performance not if we win the match

Ranked TDM is garbage cant level up because I keep getting stuck in 5v4 matches or my teammates suck. Let me level up base on my performance not if we win the match

I suppose that just how ranked games work

I played my first ranked yesterday and went 10 downs 12 k/ds and 4 deaths and my team still lost

I'm still not fond of the Battlefield type hit detection/netcode? You know, you're getting shot, you dive behind cover, then you still die.

Yea it's not good and on anything lower than 4 bar it is down right awful.

ND needs to let us see the Ping number of other players.

RefigeKru

Banned
I've won quite a lot of 5v4 games in ranked. Gotta have a medic class and carry the deadweight, though that remains true for most online shooters.

Speaking on the netcode this is easily the smoothest online shooter I think I've played. Never have lag issues I would frequent in other games, silky smooth constantly which helps so much with the accuracy.

Seeing as how the last patch had nothing of interest, I've decided to take a break until a couple of things have been fixed. Honestly, I really liked the game during the Beta, despite the issues with the mysticals and sidekicks. I'm not sure if it's due to the changes that were released upon launch, or if it's because I've had the chance to play Overwatch, which is more fun and polished, in my opinion. Maybe a combination of both. Still, the core gameplay is sound, but certain balance issues are hampering my enjoyment:

::: Frankly, the AK-47 and the Para .45 are head and shoulders above any other weapon in the game. There is just no reason to use anything else, but these two.
- The AK-47 is currently the best long gun from practically all ranges. It takes the fun out of unlocking new weapons, when one of the first ones you get, is practically the best.
- The Para .45 is a close second, while not being as good, it has much less of a stat investment. Freeing up points to spend more in mysticals, sidekicks, and other perks. I believe part of the reason, the weapon is so good, is due to the massive aim-assist during blind fire. Which brings me to my next point.
::: Blind fire in this game as it currently stands, is incredibly overpowered. Most of the time, it is simply better to blind fire in your enemy's general direction, than to actually aim. This penalizes players for trying to be accurate.
::: The Shotgun, is overall, a terrible weapon. I don't know exactly what has changed since the beta, but the damage feels paltry to other guns. Even at close range. You will flat out lose most engagements against any semi-automatic, or automatic weapon. I understand that shotguns can be difficult to balance, but its current incarnation is useless. You should be rewarded for flanking an enemy with the Shotgun, and that's not the case. Not to mention, it has a higher loadout cost than most other guns.
::: Sniper Rifles feel underpowered compared to automatic and semi-automatic weapons. A competent, mobile team with semi/automatic weapons, will usually win out against any snipers. I believe this is due to the low damage (for a sniper rifle), and the revive system.
- The revive system trivializes sniping. In my opinion, headshots should be a KO from any weapon. I'm not saying that headshots should instantly KO the enemy, but if a player is finished off by a headshot, they should not be able to be revived. This seems like it would solve several issues, such as blind fire being overpowered, as it rewards players for accuracy.
::: Heavy weapons are currently not worth the investment, because they don't bring enough damage to the table when compared to regular weapons.
::: The Mettler was overpowered in the beta, but I feel it has been over nerfed, and is currently one of the weakest weapons.
::: Another issue I have, is that loadout points should not be locked from the very start. Newer players, or simply those who have less time to play are at a disadvantage versus those who have been playing the game for much longer. Honestly, I'm not a fan of unlocking systems in the first place, but new players should not be limited by how many items they can place in their build.
::: I'd like to see the warm up game mode as a standard mode. Pick up groups should not be matched against parties, as the current system allows.
::: The Cintamani Stone, is a little too good. A small investment can make fire fights drag on a bit too long. If you don't believe how overpowered it is, simply look up a few YouTube videos.
::: Part of the reason why people leave losing matches so often, is that they have no incentive to stick around if there's no reward for finishing the match. They should receive at least half the points they would receive if they had won a match. There should also be a penalty for leaving before a match ends.

The connection issues in this game are TERRIBLE. If one or two players show low bars then the game will freeze for me and I'll get kicked due to timing out. Sucks especially in ranked matches. I hate this shit

I have 20mb down and 6mb up so it's not me

So I went back to U2 MP for nostalgic reasons. OH HELL NOW. I'll take this MP with half ass content than to go back to U2 MP XD.

Then again, playing a game of just guns v guns without any mysticals, sidekicks, BS powerplays or metal kickbacks was welcoming for once and actually took some skill to get kills. ND better bring back hardcore/classic mode, they need to take advantage of the awesome 60fps and smooth as hell animations.

I really wish they would let you limit your play pool to certain areas like Rocket League (eg West, East, Pacific, Europe etc) It would fix so many of these issues.

KyleCross

Did anyone preorder at Best Buy? I thought you got MP content for preordering but I got nothing. Last I heard you were suppose to get two Nate skins and golden guns?

Creaking

Did anyone preorder at Best Buy? I thought you got MP content for preordering but I got nothing. Last I heard you were suppose to get two Nate skins and golden guns?

Yeah. I preordered online and got a code through email near release. Two skins plus the (imo, pretty ugly) golden gun customization. I don't know if you can get those through vanity chests though. The skins, I'd assume so, but I'm not sure about the golden guns.

KyleCross

Yeah. I preordered online and got a code through email near release. Two skins plus the (imo, pretty ugly) golden gun customization. I don't know if you can get those through vanity chests though. The skins, I'd assume so, but I'm not sure about the golden guns.
Well damn, Best Buy cheated me then. No receipt when I picked it up and no email.

Loved the beta and love this, I just find myself disinterested in how there is no real ranking system. The ranked matches are a joke too on how it rates you based on win loss and not on how you perform. Cant help if it my team is awful half the time. Nothing more aggravating then going 12/12/4 and losing points for some reason.

KyleCross

You can probably contact them if you've got some kinda proof of purchase. I don't think they'd be too stingy about preorder bonuses.
I had a previous issue (didn't get the preorder for The Nathan Drake Collection) and after 45 minutes of waiting and the employee making phone calls was told there's nothing they can do, they can't make a code. So I don't think there's much I can do, especially after realizing it 10 days after the fact.

Javin98

Banned

Yep, Naughty Dog needs to fix this shit ASAP. Half of the matches I play are fine while the other half are plagued with these issues. Battlefront is fine most of the time as long as no one at home downloads or streams videos, so this is definitely not on my end, although my upload speed is below recommended.

Top Bottom