• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

And I can say, personally for me at least, that I'm not playing U4 as much as I thought I would... or as much as I have past Uncharted games. It's not just sidekicks, mind you... their entire PvP suite feels very light.

Lack of Team Objective is killing me. For everything UC3 did wrong, Team Objective was a blast and could potentially be even better in this game with grenade cooldowns (and better mechanics, obvi). To launch without that is just o_0

WinFonda

Lack of Team Objective is killing me. For everything UC3 did wrong, Team Objective was a blast and could potentially be even better in this game with grenade cooldowns. To launch without that is just o_0

I'm right there with you dude. I need team objective. But I want them to get it right. Don't give me U4 Team Objective that's like this thing they're currently calling Plunder. I hope they simply straight rip the U3 Team Objective match parameters, because they were tuned close to perfection over the life of the game.

I'm right there with you dude. I need team objective. But I want them to get it right. Don't give me U4 Team Objective that's like this thing they're currently calling Plunder. I hope they simply straight rip the U3 Team Objective parameters, because they were tuned close to perfection over the life of the game.

UC4 Team Objective = 3 v 3, rotates between TDM & Command only, auto refill Mines, spawn with Brute active

In the interest of balance, we felt changes needed to be made. Have fun.

Lack of Team Objective is killing me. For everything UC3 did wrong, Team Objective was a blast and could potentially be even better in this game with grenade cooldowns (and better mechanics, obvi). To launch without that is just o_0

I'm right there with you dude. I need team objective. But I want them to get it right. Don't give me U4 Team Objective that's like this thing they're currently calling Plunder. I hope they simply straight rip the U3 Team Objective match parameters, because they were tuned close to perfection over the life of the game.

Yeah, Team Objective from UC3 was amazing and my favorite mode, by far. I hope they add it into UC4 and leave it mostly the same.

UC4 Team Objective = 3 v 3, rotates between TDM & Command only, auto refill Mines, spawn with Brute active

You bastard.

WinFonda

christ my heart. lol... i hate you!

tbh mines being a thing at all will fundamentally change team objective for the worse... but if they get everything else right... i can cope.

tbh mines being a thing at all will fundamentally change team objective for the worse... but if they get everything else right... i can cope.

All the new additions aside from the rope will change Team Objective, BUT because it's a rotating objective gametype, that can be curtailed a bit since the matches wouldn't be predictable enough to completely change the feel of them (the way mines and brutes can totally wreck the flow in UC4 Plunder)

And let's be honest, part of the draw in Team Objective was how chaotic it could get anyway. It was the right kind of madness.

So BRUTE STRALEY is a thing now. At least for me :p

EJqWrAL.jpg

2 minutes of highlights from playing with GAF and friends

WinFonda

All the new additions aside from the rope will change Team Objective for the worse, BUT because it's a rotating objective gametype, that can be curtailed a bit because the matches wouldn't be predictable enough to completely change the feel of it (the way Mines and brutes can totally wreck the flow in UC4 Plunder)

true. mines would be most effective on turf war where there's typically a lot of solo capping and nades would still be best in KOTH/Chain Reaction. or best period if you're a good player ;)

Indra spam would make everything a clusterfuck though, that thing needs nerfing.

Even before the reload mod, it's very good. Like another poster mentioned, it's a good support weapon. You'll be popping people's heads while they're trying to revive their team mates. You can mark people from a distance if you have the marking booster or finish an enemy off who is very far away at a safe distance. All you gotta do is play it smart and you'll see success with it.

Very good in comparison to what? I can get like 20/15 with a Para. Sniper in comparison is way harder to use and way less capable.

Bebpo

Banned
So is this game balanced? I tried the MP after finishing the SP tonight and I really loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer, but not sure about this at first glance. I'm not a big fan of the whole CoD buying upgrades mid-match thing seems. Just seems like it rewards the winning team and makes it even harder for the losing team to come back.

Also are any of the modes co-op like U2's co-op MP? I only tried the team deathmatch so far.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So is this game balanced? I tried the MP after finishing the SP tonight and I really loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer, but not sure about this at first glance. I'm not a big fan of the whole CoD buying upgrades mid-match thing seems. Just seems like it rewards the winning team and makes it even harder for the losing team to come back.
Even if the game mechanics would cause snowballing to occur, that wouldn't mean it wasn't balanced.

The most successful competitive games played right now are based around that.

I think individual elements, despite costing money accrued over the course of a match still have risks associated with it and by killing sidekicks or the staff you get quite a bit of money.

cant move beyond gold rank

too many random bitch quitters

whats the fucking point of getting into ranked contests if your gonna weasel out like a little bitch.

scum i tell you

I'm still extremely torn on the MP in this game. When the connection to everyone is stable it's some of the most fun I've ever had in MP. When the lag/delay is in effect it is one of the most frustrating to play. Hope it gets better going forward.

Javin98

Banned
I'm still extremely torn on the MP in this game. When the connection to everyone is stable it's some of the most fun I've ever had in MP. When the lag/delay is in effect it is one of the most frustrating to play. Hope it gets better going forward.
Pretty much this. As long as ND fixes the white plug of death, this will easily be one of the most fun MP game this gen. The Last Of Us Remastered doesn't have this issue, so, hopefully, ND can fix this soon.

huh1678

Banned
the mp is fun but the amount of stupid people that play this is so frustrating

That's how it is with most popular games with MP, I just live with it and grumble when they don't even brother reviving me when no one is around lol.

The MP is fun though even when I sucked in the beginning being inconsistent. But it's fast paced and action 24/7 with so many awesome moments(just got 1st rope melee today and boy did that feel good.

Folks can add me if need warm bodies, I'm decent :p
Psn same as on gaf

Javin98

Banned
Speaking of... Is anyone in East Asia (GMT+9) playing MP? It would be so great to team up with someone.
I'm in Malaysia, so my timezone is GMT +8. An hour behind, but still pretty close. Feel free to add my PSN account if you like. Please type "GAF" if you do send a request.

ID: Silencerx98

P.S. I can only play on weekends, though. College life is brutal so far and I'm only in the third week. :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
enjoying the mp more than i thought i would. i dunno why but im addicted to marking enemies lol

annoyed when my teammates dont seem to be paying attention though.

i like the walter white looking sully skin :)

enjoying the mp more than i thought i would. i dunno why but im addicted to marking enemies lol

annoyed when my teammates dont seem to be paying attention though.

i like the walter white looking sully skin :)

I use combat marking so when I get downed I usually tag about 2-3 enemies moving in, and people still come and try to revive me only to get downed. Appreciate the gesture, but use your head folks, lol

Twookie

man, this is probably the best MP Naughty dog has made
having loads of fun
a legit shame it clashes with overwatch for me

also I kinda wish sidekicks didn't exist. they're not hard to deal with, but they're unfun to use and play against honestly

Ryuuga

Banned
We should get an uncharted MP 4 community going so it's easier to add and join on people instead of having to refer to the thread.

Voorhees

Dunno if this has been mentioned but the little details Naughty Dog put in for no reason make me laugh.
My PSN is the same as my ID here so naturally I have to have my characters wearing a mask.

The audio when selecting a character and anytime they speak is muffled as if they are speaking behind a mask. Hilarious.

Start new match with randoms.

Myself and everyone else on the team runs in one direction, except for one guy who goes to flank the other team.

Other guy dies within 20 seconds.

o2aaYQW.gif

Soooo...basically if one just understands better, they wouldn't suck so much. AKA git güd.

When you hand wave away someone's opinion with "If you only just understood!" you're coming off condescending and dismissive. As SonicAaron pointed out, some folks just don't want AI in their PvP. And that's OK.

I didn't say it wasn't okay not to want AI in PvP, I'm not sure where you got that from. In my first post to him I said if he just doesn't like the AI then that's fine, but he portays them as if they somehow break the game, even going as far as to say that he fights AI more than he fights other players. His initial post also suggests using that as a representation of UC4 MP to other players, as in, he believes that his conclusions extend beyond his own experience, standing as a representation of UC4 multiplayer as a whole.

Given that context, I don't think it's unfair for me, or anyone else to say that his experience on UC4 stems from a misunderstanding of the games systems. In either case, Sonic did not present a coherent argument for his dislike, merely a video claiming to represent the manner in which the game played, most of the time. I don't think me saying that video is poorly representative of the UC4 experience and thereby miss leading is at all unfair, and I also don't feel that it's unfair to suggest that he might enjoy the game a bit more if he was more aware of the options available to him, to beat the AI. I don't think these fundamentals are a matter of 'getting good', they are explicit mechanisms built into the game for every player to easily access and understand.

It's you that is putting that stupid 'git gud' remark as a means of arbitrarily dismissing what I feel is a reasonable line of argument. I didn't say his dislike for AI wasn't valid, he didn't even present an argument against them, just a silly video purporting to represent the UC4 gameplay experience. Which again, I will say I believe is miss leading.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The shotgun is so much ass in this game, BUT I unlocked the blindfire accuracy mod for it and holy shit it's a game changer for sure. It downs people like crazy now and actually makes using it fun. Definitely is the attachment to roll with for it. With it on, it's just incredible how easy downs come your way. It's nice to know my suffering to get 80 downs with it paid off.

The Lamp

Start new match with randoms.

Myself and everyone else on the team runs in one direction, except for one guy who goes to flank the other team.

Other guy dies within 20 seconds.

o2aaYQW.gif
The people in this game don't realize it's team deathmatch, not free for all deathmatch

Spizz

Banned
What new skins do y'all want

What new taunts, mysticals and weapons

I want flintlock-only matches
They need to add some more heroes, I can think of Schafer, Jeff The Cameraman, Marisa, Rika Raja could be a hero too, but it could go either way.

For villains, the two guys from Golden Abyss (can't remember their names), Draza from 2, Pinkerton from Eye of Indra, and maybe some more high ranked guards from the other games. I can't really think of other villains, I think they're mostly covered.

Once they add in most of the Uncharted characters, I'd be down for a PlayStation heroes and villains pack.

For skins, there's a lot of stuff they could add if they really want too. UDF Drake's wetsuit, a bunch of Sully's outfits from other games, Eddy Raja's Eye of Indra outfits, UNCHARTED 4 ENDING SPOILERS
I hope they add that skin Nate was wearing at the end.
Plus I'm sure they'll add Nate's old outfits for everyone eventually.

Edit: forgot to add for skins, stuff like Reptilian Rafe is great. I hope they add more pre-set outfits.

I can't think of anything for taunts, they did amazing. Maybe some nods to older games, like the Crash taunt. Or maybe the little dance Jak and Daxter would do in TPL when they found a Orb.

Only thing I can think of for mysticals would be a UNCHARTED 4 SPOILERS
A mummy you throw that causes a big explosion... Or maybe ghost pirates!

For Weapons, maybe a Desert Eagle gun, the Flintock, a new shotgun... Can't really think of anything other than that.

mocoworm

Can anyone please advise me on the best method to get past the section where
the car is in the wooden lift (chapter 15 I think?). You are hanging on the side of the lift with the car in it, halfway up in the air and guys attack from all directions, using RPG's and grenades as well as guns. Are you supposed to stay o the lift and take them out or move around the environment? I am struggling to progress.

The Lamp

Can anyone please advise me on the best method to get past the section where
the car is in the wooden lift (chapter 15 I think?). You are hanging on the side of the lift with the car in it, halfway up in the air and guys attack from all directions, using RPG's and grenades as well as guns. Are you supposed to stay o the lift and take them out or move around the environment? I am struggling to progress.

Wrong thread.

I moved around the environment, ultimately hanging off the cliff of the rock structure and shooting from there.

Top Bottom