• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Ryuuga

Banned
Start new match with randoms.

Myself and everyone else on the team runs in one direction, except for one guy who goes to flank the other team.

Other guy dies within 20 seconds.

Well to be fair you could have like 2 people split off and try flanking. I don't mind when people deviate from the current group rush as long as they have back-up. It's better than your entire group being flanked in a firefight.

Well to be fair you could have like 2 people split off and try flanking. I don't mind when people deviate from the current group rush as long as they have back-up. It's better than your entire group being flanked in a firefight.
If that guy runs in the opposite direction and sees that no one is coming with him, what do you think is the smart thing to do?

RefigeKru

Banned
If that guy runs in the opposite direction and sees that no one is coming with him, what do you think is the smart thing to do?

I dunno man. I tend to run in the opposite direction to my team in the beginning since I'll be able to pick up straggler or flank+mark the opposing clump and typically kill a few of them.

Running off alone itself isn't a poor choice. Not having an exit strategy or retreating when it's clear you're outgunned however...

RedAssedApe

Banned
soooo...should i be spending relic points on mods or saving them for hero guns? are the latter, just random drops from finishing matches?

Nah.

Copperhead is freaki ng amazing with its ease of getting headshots.

It's good that people have distinct opinions, it reflects the fact that the game is at least reasonably well balanced.

I think most weapons are good, in their place, but I think against better equipped teams that focus on coordination and team shooting, the precision rifles will reign supreme (FAL and Metler). The FAL especially so, as in terms of co-operatively firing at someone, the FAL has the fastest TTK in the game because you and an ally can get a consistent one-burst (each) kill, without needing to factor the TTK reductions that the delay between bursts feature.

The AK is also better than the MP34a in the right hands because it requires one less headshot to kill while the rate of fire is only slightly lower.

Sniping is such ASS.

Not so much because I cant get K.Os or downs. It's more so because to unlock anything worthwhile, I NEED downs.

The scope-in mod is 350 downs. Whoever created this grinding mechanic...just why?

Ryuuga

Banned

Nah I get ya, some people just have tunnel vision. A friend of mine does the same and usually gets crap for it, especially when it's objective-based modes.

skelekey

So I just murdered this guy while the was no one else around him and he somehow stops crawling and gets back up and proceeds to kill me. Later in the match, I sick my dog on him and my hunter just stands ther confused as if it doesn't know what to do. My hunter follows him halfway around the map not grabbing him until it runs into the opposing team, grabs someone else and dies. "What the hell just happened here?" I yelled.

How do you think people learn to begin with though? It's through failure that these players will learn to stick together.

With that said, if you are going to flank and try that type of playstyle the best time to do so is early game because you can ensure that there are no staves, or sidekicks up to reveal your position. While expecting to flank behind them and kill the entire team is very unlikely - due to U4's lack of support for stealth or lone wolf based playstyles - flanking with the intent of setting up a pincer type maneuver can be very successful when coordinated with your team.

Clearly in this instance he failed, but the effort isn't without potential merit. Either for the sake of learning by experimentation or when intent is possessed, setting up pincer manuevers with your team, it's easy to understand why the described circumstances may have occurred, without the person in question needing to be ridiculed as some sort of fool.

monreader

Neo Member
Just got the game today. But I cannot get past the very first part of the introduction to the multiplayer.. It say's press x to continue but nothing is happening. Have had to restart it twice now. Anyone know whats wrong?

Just got the game today. But I cannot get past the very first part of the introduction to the multiplayer.. It say's press x to continue but nothing is happening. Have had to restart it twice now. Anyone know whats wrong?

Lol @ how many people have asked this in this thread.

The Mp34 is easily the best gun in the game. Especially once you put the accuracy mod on there.
Really? I get a lot of hit marks with people often getting to cover taking hits... But I'll often be shot and dead in less than a second with the AK always being shown as the weapon.

I'd assumed it was best.

Cerberus

Just played against a guy who assisted on every down. He had 41 assists! Holy fuck. I managed to lead my team to victory though. So satisfying after losing three matches to him and his partner.

Holy shit, whoever said the Para 45 is a beast was not lying.

Now have a build with it as my mine

YES. I have almost every hero Para unlocked. Only have 1 down with a long gun.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Had a guy on my team consistently going 0/0 with 10 deaths

For 3 games in a row, he literally lost the game for us.

Just got a message about a game update. I don't suppose this could be a balance pass?

Live Update 1.04.016 (MP Only)

MULTIPLAYER
Changed network latency settings to decrease white plug incidents
Ranked TDM favored status messaging doesn't show favored status if it doesn't affect the player's point earnings outcome
Fixed Combat Marking booster so you are unable to mark downed players

A fix for a party issue is incoming where entering matchmaking, and then backing out, will have your friends no longer able to join you. In the meantime, you can enter a Private match to reset your online status so you can become joinable again.

The game has been terrible since the last update, almost every opponent is from the other side of the goddam planet.

Is it so fucking difficult to match based on region/connection intsead of whatever the shit this currently does? Matches are filled with every country on the planet except the US...

In so many matches since the last update there's been at least one player that kills you instantly and tanks most (if not all) damage. I had a guy just a while ago that tanked SIX grenade-launcher rounds and didn't even get downed.

And in another match today, I down a guy with the shotgun, reload to KO him and he just stands right the fuck back up, kills me and continues on. No revive, no medpack, no candy stone -- just, "fuck you" that's why.

As someone who's generally not into online multiplayer and kind of sucks at the shooter aspects of Uncharted's gameplay but enjoys it casually nonetheless, how friendly is Uncharted 4's multiplayer? Is this the kind of game where you get destroyed instantly and mercilessly shamed by your team if you're not really fucking good, or is it a friendly environment for people who just want to play a few random matches casually?

I haven't even bothered to look at the multiplayer in favor of the story. I might check it out for awhile tonight if it's friendly to casuals.

Foxxsoxx

Can't access customization menu. Just instantly backs out. Wtf lol

Glitch, you have to restart the game.

As someone who's generally not into online multiplayer and kind of sucks at the shooter aspects of Uncharted's gameplay but enjoys it casually nonetheless, how friendly is Uncharted 4's multiplayer? Is this the kind of game where you get destroyed instantly and mercilessly shamed by your team if you're not really fucking good, or is it a friendly environment for people who just want to play a few random matches casually?

I haven't even bothered to look at the multiplayer in favor of the story. I might check it out for awhile tonight if it's friendly to casuals.

It is really fun, but I won't lie it is definitely team focused. The fun you have will definitely be determined by how strong your team is.

skelekey

"I don't mean to be a sore loser, but what the hell we're you all doing out there!"

My sentiment's exactly Chloe, my sentiments exactly.

ron_bato

There's a new live update now, hopefully it addresses the white plug issue.

http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/live-update-1-04-016

MULTIPLAYER

-Changed network latency settings to decrease white plug incidents
-Ranked TDM favored status messaging doesn’t show favored status if it doesn’t affect the player’s point earnings outcome
-Fixed Combat Marking booster so you are unable to mark downed players

A fix for a party issue is incoming where entering matchmaking, and then backing out, will have your friends no longer able to join you. In the meantime, you can enter a Private match to reset your online status so you can become joinable again.

HeelPower

I feel like everyone is sooo much better than me at simple aiming and shooting.

I almost never win a direct gun fight.I have to sneak around or wait for an opportunity when my team mates are fighting to assist.

Unless I am using a cheap golden gun and manage to get the jump on my enemies, I always avoid direct fights.

Damn it all...

tok9

I only tried Ranked Deathmatch last night. Waited for ages and then every 3-4 seconds the disconnect logo would appear and freeze my character so it was an awful experience all round.

Pity as the normal modes seem to work fine and have people playing them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
14 more skins/presets and I'll have all the vanity items thus far released. I wonder if they'll just lock off the chest or what. Dunno if I'll start buying hero weapons or just save up for the first content update.

for people whose beat the game... i just wanna ask
how many chapters are there??

i rented it and have to take it back today and wondering if im close lol

Top Bottom