• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

zkorejo

They probably removed the map voting option because many people dismissed Highrise*, but I agree that they should randomize the map pre-selection algorithm.

* It's funny that this was the most vertical map of Uncharted 2 MP and now all Uncharted 4 maps have lots of verticality...

Really?.. I loved the Highrise. I remember playing lots of matches on that map.

I like all the maps (except for the Remnant). I just wish the map rotation was atleast better.

Revven

Really? I thought I remembered it being in the beta.

What I do remember being annoyed about is how they limited which colors you could choose on certain characters, even though while navigating the menus, you could briefly see colors from one character's shirt or whatever jump to the next character before loading the proper color, so they could have implemented more choice. I know a full range isn't necessarily a good idea though, or you'll get gaudy ugly things ruining the game (not that some of the alternate skins/presets aren't already doing that).

What he's talking about is how Naughty Dog patched in more color options for every character skin; pretty much every major color you would want and every character had access to the same colors. This was one of the last updates to Uncharted 3.

SSReborn

They probably removed the map voting option because many people dismissed Highrise*, but I agree that they should randomize the map pre-selection algorithm.

* It's funny that this was the most vertical map of Uncharted 2 MP and now all Uncharted 4 maps have lots of verticality...
Lol I don't remember people skipping highrise all that much however I do remember almost everyone skipping downtown in TLOU and I figured that's why they got rid of it lol

skelekey

What he's talking about is how Naughty Dog patched in more color options for every character skin; pretty much every major color you would want and every character had access to the same colors. This was one of the last updates to Uncharted 3.

Oh, Ok, My Mistake.

Shredderi

I wonder when exactly the first batch of dlc items will be released :| I'm thinkin on saving my relics for that so I can get more new items since I already have most of the good ones from the defaults.

RedAssedApe

Banned
throw me a bone nd...at least let me earn some relics for finishing matches. these bad teammates are killing me. how else are the rest of you grinding relics...besides playing that mobile game and doing daily challenge?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Hi guys, how i can unlock the first hero's weapon ? i play more than 6 hours and nothing...
Thanks !
You need to get a lot of downs with one specific weapon. If you go to loadouts and select modify (triangle) on a weapon then you can see the requirements.

Curufinwe

I'm probably in the minority but I wish they had kept the trophies for getting kills with different weapons. I always had fun cleaning those up after finishing my first playthru.

SxP

Can you really not get any medal in Plunder/Command? I never got one so far... I doesn't matter, it just seems strange.

magawolaz

uhh... the game tells me I have -1 Relic and -1 ND Points, and it doesn't let me choose Tenzin and the other characters I unlocked. wut.

EDIT: now it works, probably a server glitch

kingwingin

So i had around 1600 in relics to spend and as i was buying chests my game locked and i got a "please wait" loading screen. Waited 5 minutes and just restarted the game.

Now when i load up it says i have -1 relics, -1 uncharted points and the uncharted store wont load at all.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

So i had around 1600 in relics to spend and as i was buying chests my game locked and i got a "please wait" loading screen. Waited 5 minutes and just restarted the game.

Now when i load up it says i have -1 relics, -1 uncharted points and the uncharted store wont load at all.

I just waited a long time and eventually the chest opened. I didn't want to restart my game due to fear.

servers are being shit right now

said some of my characters are locked in char select screen and i also had that -1, -1 for currency

the currency fixed after i finished 1 match

Newman96

Doing the same for me currently, said I had -1 relics at one point and I've not received relics for completing two challenges now.

uhh... the game tells me I have -1 Relic and -1 ND Points, and it doesn't let me choose Tenzin and the other characters I unlocked. wut.

this is happening to me right now

and the in game store isn't loading

must be doin some work on it. I hope it's tracking my relics correctly tho. I'm doing Trials rn and worried it's not going to give me the correct ammount

Welp everyone is of playing Overwatch now. RIP UC4 MP :/

Not on my list, and you don't even play UC4 MP anymore (unless you're hiding offline) so why do you even care?!

So is the pirate level the only one that changes mid match? It started raining on me.

Yes.

I'm probably in the minority but I wish they had kept the trophies for getting kills with different weapons. I always had fun cleaning those up after finishing my first playthru.

Wrong thread.

Can you really not get any medal in Plunder/Command? I never got one so far... I doesn't matter, it just seems strange.

Correct, and also no treasures in Plunder I think.

The -1 relics and points happened to me at the same time but fixed itself in about 15 seconds just sitting on the menu. The long wait time for the chest to unlock has also happened to me twice, both times in the last three days. In both cases I just gave it time--about three minutes--and it eventually finished unlocking.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I used the Stoner because it's cheaper in LP.

I also tried the China Lake but I wasn't very good with it.

I think it's easier to get more downs with the stoner too, with the ammo you're given.

Ah, I must've stopped playing by that point. Yeah, I'm not too fond of artificial limitations when it comes to the already fairly limited customization. Hoping that they'll allow you to wear more than one face item where applicable in the future, like how some of the presets are set up. Or combine stuff like the balaclava with glasses, like how some of the presets are set up. Or even mess with hair a bit, like how some of the presets are set up.

Are we even friends on psn? I just played MP yesterday.
Just reference, 57 of my friends are online, 6 playing Overwatch, 11 playing Uncharted 4 (split between mp and sp). Next up seems to be Destiny.

Let me know if you (or anyone) would like to pair up. Have a little free time right now and will be back on tonight after some editing work.

Shredderi

Finally completed everything but the new gold tortoise puzzles in the mobile game. I think my rng luck was abysmal. I only got 1500 relics while my friends all got 2000-3000 from the same amount of puzzles. I also would guess that you can't delete and repeat anymore like you could at the beginning from what I heard.

M24 is actually pretty damn good now that I unlocked the scope sway mod! But I can't get past platinum II. It is always win two or lose two etc. I guess I am staying in platinum right now and I'm happy with it.

I think it's easier to get more downs with the stoner too, with the ammo you're given.

Ah, I must've stopped playing by that point. Yeah, I'm not too fond of artificial limitations when it comes to the already fairly limited customization. Hoping that they'll allow you to wear more than one face item where applicable in the future, like how some of the presets are set up. Or combine stuff like the balaclava with glasses, like how some of the presets are set up. Or even mess with hair a bit, like how some of the presets are set up.
The stoner is rubbish. It takes just as many hits as any other weapon so what's the point.

SxP

Correct, and also no treasures in Plunder I think.

Hmm, I haven't seen a treasure in command either. But I might've just missed them. On that note, guess what one of my challenges is... yep, get 60 treasures. Meaning from now until the end of time, one of my challenge slots is useless.

Revven

How do you get ND points? Ranked? Why?

To make me buy them otherwise?

Uncharted Points can only be bought. Relics are the in-game currency you can earn to use on chests to unlock random vanity items (or other chests to unlock other in-game items). You cannot earn Uncharted Points.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The stoner is rubbish. It takes just as many hits as any other weapon so what's the point.

Never having to reload. If you're decent at aiming, you can lay down some serious suppression. Plus you get two and a half AK-sized clips worth of ammo per purchase, which I think has more potential than 4 grenades that take two hits to down or one rocket that takes a direct hit to down.

Are we even friends on psn? I just played MP yesterday.

Yes. Lol, yesterday was the first day since launch that i didn't play for at least five hours. I just did the daily challenge and that's it. But you haven't been playing a lot this week (or last). I played with you one night and that's it. We played more during the beta.

Finally completed everything but the new gold tortoise puzzles in the mobile game. I think my rng luck was abysmal. I only got 1500 relics while my friends all got 2000-3000 from the same amount of puzzles. I also would guess that you can't delete and repeat anymore like you could at the beginning from what I heard.

Still works for me.

Will they ever fix the playtime?

Yes, but the person responsible for it is on vacation right now.

Hmm, I haven't seen a treasure in command either. But I might've just missed them. On that note, guess what one of my challenges is... yep, get 60 treasures. Meaning from now until the end of time, one of my challenge slots is useless.

Yeah I don't think there's treasures in either of those modes, but I wasn't sure since I don't play them a lot. Just play TDM and you'll have it done in 5-6 matches.

Naughty Dog points are strictly micro-transaction based, no way to earn them.

Uncharted Points can only be bought. Relics are the in-game currency you can earn to use on chests to unlock random vanity items (or other chests to unlock other in-game items). You cannot earn Uncharted Points.
Thank you.

But why was I under the impression everything was unlockable in game?

Wait, everything that costs ND points can be unlocked via chests, huh? Just occurred to me lol.

Revven

Thank you.

But why was I under the impression everything was unlockable in game?

Wait, everything that costs ND points can be unlocked via chests, huh? Just occurred to me lol.

Yes, earn Relics via the daily challenge and winning matches and you can spend 150 Relics on a chest to unlock random vanity items (including characters).

Top Bottom