• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Eeesh, just finished the latest map on the app and only got 625 relics from 31 keys (got 7000 relics from just 3 times that many keys before). Now I'm out of coins and I've gotta play the ol waiting game.

But hey, new Sully skin!

Only? I got like 250 or 375! I reinstalled the app and played all five maps and I got 1,500.

Hmm. I picked Competitive as well, but if I can get even easier challenges I'd take it, unless the harder ones pay out more. I suppose there's no way to change it?

Nope. I didn't think about that, they probably do. I got like 450 for getting 16 downs with a long gun, which is a lot for nothing difficult. Then I only got 250 yesterday for 7 downs with the Barok.

Out of all the things I can get hate mail for, I get it for the Spezzotti Shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-B5iLU5wjs&feature=youtu.be

I tried your Copperhead + Pistole build but couldn't replicate your success. Went 13/9 with 5 deaths in my first match and that was the high-water mark. I can get those stats or better with my main :(

bombshell

Are the leaderboards working for everyone else? Mine hasn't worked since just after launch, isn't displaying scores properly, although my playtime is so there's that. Also I miss replays from Uncharted 2.

A Cinema Replay Feature was on the MP roadmap for Summer 2016, so replays are coming.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Only? I got like 250 or 375! I reinstalled the app and played all five maps and I got 1,500.

I did the first four maps before they patched the date exploit and nerfed the relic gain amount. Maybe they also made the chance of getting relics from a box slimmer as well.

Mr Git

A Cinema Replay Feature was on the MP roadmap for Summer 2016, so replays are coming.

Oh that's bloody wonderful cheers! Loved the feature on the old games, got some great screenshots!

Any news on when they're gonna finally start using Uncharted TV? The beta had some good little clips on there, it's a bit strange the MP is still only showing a trailer.

stryke

Any news on when they're gonna finally start using Uncharted TV? The beta had some good little clips on there, it's a bit strange the MP is still only showing a trailer.

Seriously, if you want to waste my bandwidth at least put something interesting on.

Markoman

Just finished the game yesterday...great ride.
Am I only one who thought
while playing the epilogue how crazy-cool it would have been if ND used it as a teaser for TLOU 2

Little nitpick_
why can't we have proper bossfights in TPS and FPS games? (No, before someone metions it, Vanquish only was a small step in the right direction). I would like to see some 1 on 1 arena type of shootouts without gimmicky gameplay. The QTE-boss-fight trend is really lame. MGSV's Quiet-without-exploit-boss-fight is what I'm talking about

2 of my friends finally jumped into multiplayer last night. It was rough waters at first for them. Figuring out UI, buying stuff, and all of the controls. We literally won only 1 match but we stayed up playing for about 4 hours straight. Even if we lost it became more of a game of who was ranking better on the scoreboards. The game is fuuuun but its alot to take in for new players. I played a ton of uncharted 2 multi so its been a pretty easy transition. I almost feel like we need 1-2 more people to play with to truly be dominant. Playing with randoms just doesn't pan out too well for winning the matches.

Just finished the game yesterday...great ride.
Am I only one who thought
while playing the epilogue how crazy-cool it would have been if ND used it as a teaser for TLOU 2

Little nitpick_
why can't we have proper bossfights in TPS and FPS games? (No, before someone metions it, Vanquish only was a small step in the right direction). I would like to see some 1 on 1 arena type of shootouts without gimmicky gameplay. The QTE-boss-fight trend is really lame. MGSV's Quiet-without-exploit-boss-fight is what I'm talking about

Little nitpick: Wrong forum! I too was hoping the Epilogue would tease that. And yes, the boss fight in this game was the worst of the series. Introducing a brand new mechanic at the end of the game? Bad news, just like Quantum Break.

Markoman

Little nitpick: Wrong forum! I too was hoping the Epilogue would tease that. And yes, the boss fight in this game was the worst of the series. Introducing a brand new mechanic at the end of the game? Bad news, just like Quantum Break.

Ah sorry, I'm a dork. Posted in the wrong thread...

magawolaz

Would that really happen?
I do it all the time.

image.php

Anyway I love watching videos by gaffers. Need moar

Would that really happen?
Plenty of people have received bans because of trashtalking, especially if they do it regularly and someone reports them...

It's been a total turn-around since the PS3 days where reporting users would often times go nowhere. Nowadays, Sony act upon it quite quickly.
PS3 was the underdog console... PS4 is the dominant one this gen, so Sony can ban people more easily.

The burn is huge if we're talking about a PS+ account with lots of purchases...

Have Naughty Dog announced a proper multiplayer mode yet without mystical, heavys and revives?

There are only so many times I can aim at someone and get a deserved kill only for them to 'down' behind a rock and then see the magical Health pack symbol or stone being used. Magic garbage making me want to break the disc

Whoever invented 'downs and revives' in videogames will live in hell for all eternity. So many games ruined with it. So many devs rolling with it cus it's hip.

Have Naughty Dog announced a proper multiplayer mode yet without mystical, heavys and revives?

There are only so many times I can aim at someone and get a deserved kill only for them to 'down' behind a rock and then see the magical Health pack symbol or stone being used. Magic garbage making me want to break the disc

Whoever invented 'downs and revives' in videogames will live in hell for all eternity. So many games ruined with it. So many devs rolling with it cus it's hip.
It's not "hipster". It adds more gameplay depth.

It's funny that so many people dismiss Uncharted for being "shallow" (compared to Souls games for example), and yet they don't even try the MP... there are so many loadout options to explore.

It's not "hipster". It adds more gameplay depth.

It's funny that so many people dismiss Uncharted for being "shallow" (compared to Souls games for example), and yet they don't even try the MP... there are so many loadout options to explore.
Reviving is hipster. Especially when you introduce revives from 20 meters away.

The good player who's finally been taken down can be rewarded a cheap revive by someone 20 meters away.

Amazing depth.

Reviving is hipster. Especially when you introduce revives from 20 meters away.

The good player who's finally been taken down can be rewarded a cheap revive by someone 20 meters away.

Amazing depth.
Reviving gives you more opportunities to get multiple kills. It's not that bad. To each his own.

FiggyCal

Banned
When the treasure spawns on the map, can only one person pick it up? Because I haven't seen a single one today at all so far and I'm not sure if it's because it hasn't been spawning or because other people are picking it up as part of a challenge.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
When the treasure spawns on the map, can only one person pick it up? Because I haven't seen a single one today at all so far and I'm not sure if it's because it hasn't been spawning or because other people are picking it up as part of a challenge.
It's only in TDM and everyone gets their own treasure.

Was watching footage and the enemy always appeared to be marked through walls. Is there a perk that has enemies visible through walls if they're firing their weapon? Their complete outline :S

Josh378

Some kid sent me hate mail saying I got those kills by cheating and was going to report it to NG with a video. I told him GL on that and blocked him.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Rameses has the best fucking lines in the game. Best character in the series too.

The MP is retroactively making a lot of the old villains much better. You get to see so much more of their personalities than you would in the story.

Drencrom

The MP is retroactively making a lot of the old villains much better. You get to see so much more of their personalities than you would in the story.

Yeah, always loved that aspect about the Uncharted MP. So much hilarious banter that also stay true to the characters.

MavFan619

Banned
Feel like i'm getting matchmaked with worst players in the world. Always top score, often even entire match yet they find the way to fuck everything up.
A friend and I team up every night and we have figured out the formula for matchmaking after we are typically the top scorers. We keep the most shit player from the last game and get the other teams shit players. It's a bummer need to have more friends play to prevent this annoying trend.

Josh378

A friend and I team up every night and we have figured out the formula for matchmaking after we are typically the top scorers. We keep the most shit player from the last game and get the other teams shit players. It's a bummer need to have more friends play to prevent this annoying trend.

I rather have that than fight 4 to 5 man premades almost every single game. I mean, it helps you"git better" skillwize, but at the cost of your stats. I'm really close to moving to overwatch, but its haard to stay away.

Josh378

Pick the MP34a build.

Once you can afford the shotgun buy it and kill. Took me a few tries after that to get what I needed.

That gun is soo cheese. I expect it to get nerfed at some point. I've gotten to the point where I get bored with it and I'll pick another gun because always garantee me 12+ kills, even vs good premades. I want to master the shotgun but im scared....

LaneDS

Feels like everyone left for Overwatch, which I bought yesterday despite my feeling like I wouldn't really be into it, and lo and behold I still have way more fun with UC4. Oh well.

Thanks for all the tips. Condor was the key. I finished all the trials and I got all the customization items along the way.

w52fyCi.jpg

Now I can move on to unlocking hero weapons.

I have most customization items. Got most of the stuff I wanted within the first couple of days but the last thing I want, Heist Chloe refuses to drop. So frustrating.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
yes you can get banned for this kind of stuff.

It's been a total turn-around since the PS3 days where reporting users would often times go nowhere. Nowadays, Sony act upon it quite quickly.

Plenty of people have received bans because of trashtalking, especially if they do it regularly and someone reports them...

PS3 was the underdog console... PS4 is the dominant one this gen, so Sony can ban people more easily.

The burn is huge if we're talking about a PS+ account with lots of purchases...

I do it all the time.

image.php

I'm genuinely happy to hear this. Hopefully we'll see fewer and fewer of these delinquents as a result.

nel e nel

Yep, it's even better than the 360. I reported a player with the name "Azz Raypur" and it was acted on within 24 hours.

Top Bottom