• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

WaterAstro

Man, I've been stuck doing this shitty mazur challenge for the past week.

Finally got it done. Probably had 5 times more mine kills than this dumb mazur.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just finished the game yesterday...great ride.
Am I only one who thought
while playing the epilogue how crazy-cool it would have been if ND used it as a teaser for TLOU 2

Little nitpick_
why can't we have proper bossfights in TPS and FPS games? (No, before someone metions it, Vanquish only was a small step in the right direction). I would like to see some 1 on 1 arena type of shootouts without gimmicky gameplay. The QTE-boss-fight trend is really lame. MGSV's Quiet-without-exploit-boss-fight is what I'm talking about

they did kind of, I mean there was a last of us poster in the daughters room which looked like a pregnant Ellie, or potentially Ellies mother pregnant with Ellie

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Thanks for all the tips. Condor was the key. I finished all the trials and I got all the customization items along the way.

w52fyCi.jpg

Now I can move on to unlocking hero weapons.

So that's what it looks like.

I'm 8 presets/chests away from having it all. I think I'll just save up after that though, so I can get a big head start when they first update content. Especially if new weapons and boosters are locked behind some relic system.

Are there any clear-cut "objectively best" weapons/gear/sidekicks/etc?

The AK is still probably the most versatile gun in the game. Almost too versatile in the right hands. The FAL is also very versatile and can compete with the sniper for long range down speed if you aim for the head. The Para 45 and Pistole are the best sidearms in my opinion, with the former being a well rounded pistol with little recoil and great blind-fire, and the latter being several degrees better than the primary shotgun and nearly unbeatable in close range when equipped with extended clip.

Brute is probably the best sidekick. You can just camp somewhere next to your brute and they'll zero in on any opponents that try to approach you. I've been on the butt end of such a situation many times before, and eventually I found that I just had to ignore them.

For mysticals, I think the healing rock and Indra's Eternity are the most useful. The healing rock gets you two charges per purchase and works instantly, letting you enable your team to keep rolling in the face of most setbacks. And the Eye of Indra, when used effectively is pretty much a guaranteed win against isolated players or small groups.

As far as gear, it depends. Mines are very easy to get kills with, grenades have nice utility all around, C4 is like a cheaper, lesser grenade, but gives you more control and can be picked back up if you mess up the toss. Revive packs can multiply your revive capabilities like little else, but you do forgo having a readily available explosive, which can really hurt in some encounters. Smoke has its uses, especially when retreating, or in conjunction with marking that outlines enemies, it's cheap, so there's that, but has the same weakness as revive packs.

Heavy weapons... I don't use them too much, but for the best kills per purchase return, I'd go for the stoner. For having something to whip out when you need someone dead fast, either the RPG or China Lake. Barok is kinda eh unless you're really good at getting head shots. Haven't unlocked the rest.

Others, feel free to chime in/disagree.

So that's what it looks like.

I'm 8 presets/chests away from having it all. I think I'll just save up after that though, so I can get a big head start when they first update content. Especially if new weapons and boosters are locked behind some relic system.

Right. I'll probably do the same. I do alright with what I've got now, I'll just grind the hero weapons.
I'm assuming that they'll keep adding more cosmetic items. There's quite a few things that you can only wear if it's in a pre-set outfit, like Rapture Rafe's mask. They'll probably add it eventually.

Finalow

It's moronic to allow parties in ranked TDM.
yep, to be honest the more I played this MP the more realized how rushed and moronic it was.
it's fine to have parties in ranked games, but have a SOLO ranked mode and a party ranked mode, and maybe each of those modes with their own rank. this is basic stuff, any decent MP game has at least that.
then someone had the smart idea to add a ''qualifiers system'', which is rather stupid and unnecessary, instead of sticking to just points.

Burning4

Neo Member
So I unlocked all the ranks of all the boosters and would you like to know what my reward was? I no longer have access to them. I lost rank 1 in all of them but the starting ones. I still have the upgraded versions unlocked but I can't use them because I no longer have the first rank. For each I have to earn X amount of a lifetime score to unlock them. Could it actually have been possible that I have accumulated so many points that the number has wrapped around back to 0? If so, I'm calling bullshit on this whole system.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's probably a good idea to remove that image and just link to it instead. I'd be so pissed if I hadn't beat the game and saw it. Geez lol

ron_bato

So I unlocked all the ranks of all the boosters and would you like to know what my reward was? I no longer have access to them. I lost rank 1 in all of them but the starting ones. I still have the upgraded versions unlocked but I can't use them because I no longer have the first rank. For each I have to earn X amount of a lifetime score to unlock them. Could it actually have been possible that I have accumulated so many points that the number has wrapped around back to 0? If so, I'm calling bullshit on this whole system.

Might be a good idea to report this to ND as that seems like a huge bug.

Was there an update to make brutes stronger or something? Literally have died once before today in all of my hours playing this (including beta) by them. Got killed by them 3 times today.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Was there an update to make brutes stronger or something? Literally have died once before today in all of my hours playing this (including beta) by them. Got killed by them 3 times today.

player could have had a perk to it where they aim faster at you and unload

TripOpt55

Any way to have the chat muted at all times without having to do it individually when starting a game? I hate to be a debby downer, but I just joined a game as Nadine and got called a "f----- n-----" and would rather avoid that stuff especially since i don't play with a headset ever.

I'm a little late to this, but under Options then Sound then Volumes, you can just turn Chat volume to zero. You probably found this already, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Sharpeye

You guys are right, the para only loadout is legit. I'm like a super medic with all the max boosters I have. Working towards Sam's Para as a bigger clip and faster reload time seem right up my alley.

Horohoro

Thanks for all the tips. Condor was the key. I finished all the trials and I got all the customization items along the way.

w52fyCi.jpg

Now I can move on to unlocking hero weapons.
Opposite end of the spectrum I've been solely focusing on hero chest I'm a bit over halfway done.
How long did it take to complete vanity?

Opposite end of the spectrum I've been solely focusing on hero chest I'm a bit over halfway done.
How long did it take to complete vanity?

It's hard to say. I took advantage of the app game when it first came out. You could farm a ton of relic points with it fast, but they ended up fixing it and now it's almost useless.

Horohoro

It's hard to say. I took advantage of the app game when it first came out. You could farm a ton of relic points with it fast, but they ended up fixing it and now it's almost useless.
Yeah I finished all puzzles and got all keys to date also 7250relics total had 6000 before the game started just saved it all till I unlocked hero chest.
I've spent over 20k relics on hero chest.

I'm a little late to this, but under Options then Sound then Volumes, you can just turn Chat volume to zero. You probably found this already, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Just make a chat party. Make it private if you don't want anyone joining. It will prioritize the chat and you will not hear game mics.

I've been sitting here for nearly an hour wanting to play online, but ended up slightly nodding off. Eyes are heavy, but torn between drinking some coffee and playing, or crashing. Wow.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If I join an ongoing match that's like 80% in, why on earth do I only have $800 at the start? I'm at a disadvantage compared with every one else...

skelekey

If I join an ongoing match that's like 80% in, why on earth do I only have $800 at the start? I'm at a disadvantage compared with every one else...

I'm guessing the assumption is that people have been spending money throughout the match. The reality is that a lot of people hold their money for end match shenanigans.

Grinchy

Banned
I lose 97% of the matches I play. It might be 40-39, 40-36, or 40-12, but no matter what the score, I'll be on the team that just lost. I've never lost more consistently in any game I've ever played. And my personal performance never matters. I can have 16 downs and 3 deaths and we still get beat.

I lose 97% of the matches I play. It might be 40-39, 40-36, or 40-12, but no matter what the score, I'll be on the team that just lost. I've never lost more consistently in any game I've ever played. And my personal performance never matters. I can have 16 downs and 3 deaths and we still get beat.

People in this game in general seem to suck a lot harder than other competitive games. It's like they try to play it as CoD or Halo or something.

Ive notice that too. In like my worst matches ill go even with KOs, downs and deaths. And that doesnt happen to often. Im usually anywhere from 3-8 positive in matches, yet my winning % is only at .5. Im guessing I go up against a lot of teams that have parties going on. It is a team based MP, but I feel like I get the raw end more times then not with teams.

Are multiplayer leaderboards fucked for everyone or is it just me? Time played, KDA ratio, best match etc. are all over the place and nothing close to reality.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This is the norm with god awful randoms in the Uncharted MP games. I'm already used to it so it doesn't bother me that much anymore since I roll solo most of the time. It sucks, but just know as long as you do good, that's all that matters.

Are multiplayer leaderboards fucked for everyone or is it just me? Time played, KDA ratio, best match etc. are all over the place and nothing close to reality.

kd actually counts your down and ko's together / deaths. So it will be higher then other games probably.

Time played is completely wack yes

kd actually counts your down and ko's together / deaths. So it will be higher then other games probably.

Time played is completely wack yes

I know that, but like I said, for me every stat is broken. It says my best TDM match has a score of 1950 which is ridiculous since I've had countless matches way higher than that.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
You guys are right, the para only loadout is legit. I'm like a super medic with all the max boosters I have. Working towards Sam's Para as a bigger clip and faster reload time seem right up my alley.

Yeah, Helping Hand 3 is incredibly useful. It's the cornerstone of all of my loadouts. Even when I'm using just the Jackal and can't compete with blind-firing MP34 or XCR users, I can still do my teammates a great service.

ron_bato

Maps repeat way too often in the game right now, which sucks.

I played the island map 3 times in a row, then scotland back to back. Come on man, it's not fun repeating maps like this.

farmerboy

Starting getting the shitty disconnect issues so me and a mate played 1 v 1 private match and its the best fun we've had in ages.

Way more intense.

Also magnifies the differences in loadouts much more.

Drencrom

I feel ya, I go around 15 to 22 KOs and Downs a match and not even that is enough for me to win most matches with randoms because there's always at least 2 morons on the team that get like 1 KO and 6~10 deaths. I'm not bragging when I say that I have to literally carry my team about 90% of the matches when I play with randoms, which is pretty fun per say when you win matches but sucks so bad when you lose.

Really should be able to opt out of joining in progress.

I just quit anyway soon as I load in because I like full matches only, so it wastes my time and it keeps the team who are a man down already down for even longer as the entire time I was loading in and then quitting out they could have actually had someone who doesn't mind late joins join instead. Lose-lose.

Javin98

Banned
The party system in this is so bad. Oublieux and I are trying to party up, but it keeps failing. We successfully partied up earlier, but left a match because of the white plug of death due to several two bar players. Then we had to party up again. So we said screw it, let's try this weekend. Fix this shit, ND!

Really should be able to opt out of joining in progress.

I just quit anyway soon as I load in because I like full matches only, so it wastes my time and it keeps the team who are a man down already down for even longer as the entire time I was loading in and then quitting out they could have actually had someone who doesn't mind late joins join instead. Lose-lose.
Uhm, no. They should just increase the late join bonus (and maybe give you a few relics as well).

Late join is a necessary evil. Nobody liked lopsided matches (i.e. 5v1) in UC2 MP. IIRC, there's even a threshold that stops late joining at some point (20-30 kills?). The same applied to TLOU MP as well.

Protip: if you don't want to late join matches, just invite one friend and play together. You don't need a full party.

Top Bottom