• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Feel like i'm getting matchmaked with worst players in the world. Always top score, often even entire match yet they find the way to fuck everything up.

Sharpeye

I found that the vanity chests give out characters very generously, I got like four characters in a row at some point. The only character I don't have yet is Ramses who is not really a must have in my book.

so i can't "buy" any other new characters? that's so fucking lame

Thank you.

But why was I under the impression everything was unlockable in game?

Wait, everything that costs ND points can be unlocked via chests, huh? Just occurred to me lol.

Everything is unlockable in the game for free. You just need to grind for the chest RNG. Though, on the plus side, you never get duplicates, so you are bound to get everything if you play often enough. If you complete a challenge every day, that's about 200-400 Relic Points, good for 2-3 chests.

Foxxsoxx

Everything is unlockable in the game for free. You just need to grind for the chest RNG. Though, on the plus side, you never get duplicates, so you are bound to get everything if you play often enough. If you complete a challenge every day, that's about 200-400 Relic Points, good for 2-3 chests.

It's a good system imo. Considering free dlc.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's a good system imo. Considering free dlc.

Much better than The Last of Us's garbage DLC system. Microtransactions for cosmetics and you had to pay weapons/boosters/maps. Then remastered came out and they made maps free, but everything else still had to be bought, unlike most every other re-release out there.

It's an amazing turnaround to be honest. And the challenges system gives me good cutoff points so I don't spend the whole day playing, which I really appreciate when surrounded by all these other games that demand so much of your time through artificial systems if you want to get anything.

that's also assuming you're good at the game and win every match you play.

Much better than The Last of Us's garbage DLC system. Microtransactions for cosmetics and you had to pay weapons/boosters/maps. Then remastered came out and they made maps free, but everything else still had to be bought, unlike most every other re-release out there.

It's an amazing turnaround to be honest. And the challenges system gives me good cutoff points so I don't spend the whole day playing, which I really appreciate when surrounded by all these other games that demand so much of your time through artificial systems if you want to get anything.

It's disappointing that people are critical of this system. In the overwatch thread, people are upset that you have to play the RNG game to get items instead of being able to buy it all straight out. The problem is, the companies likely make back their money with an RNG system that they would otherwise lose on map DLC and character DLC (both of which are free for Overwatch).

I think it's a shame that Rainbow 6 was also criticized for a similar model.

Meanwhile, the media loves to say nothing, or give games like Battlefield or COD a pass for community ruining DLC models, where you pay $60 for map packs. I loathe map DLC and am so happy to see devs offer alternative models. I dont want to play a MP game where I have to pay to keep up. I want to buy a product and have peace of mind knowing that maps are all free.

That said, I wonder if ND is going to put boosters, gun DLC, and mysticals behind relics/ND points. I'm curious if they will be offered upfront or not. Dont mind if it's behind relic points, but I hope they tell us soon, because I'd rather save up.

that's also assuming you're good at the game and win every match you play.

Well, the challenges arent too hard. I think most people would do well enough to get them. They really should be giving relic points to everyone who completes a game though.

10 to complete, 20 to win maybe.

I found that the vanity chests give out characters very generously, I got like four characters in a row at some point. The only character I don't have yet is Ramses who is not really a must have in my book.

Wait until you get to about 15-20 vanity items left--the chests will start to only give one item per chest. Super annoying.

RedAssedApe

Banned

same here...i've gotten flynn, cloe, ramses, eddie raja so far. i think thats like 50% of the chests i've opened.

Sharpeye

I do wonder how they will handle relic points when co-op comes out. 10-normal, 20-hard, and 30-crushing? There probably going to make it hard to farm in some way I reckon.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Does anyone have the same problem I do when I throw an Indra's Eternity it's delayed like 5 secs?

Five seconds? Haven't ever noticed it taking that long, but it is designed with a short delay before the onset of action, I assume to make it less abusable.

Actually, I've experienced this extended delay as well now. I initially thought it might have been due to some sort of cooldown to prevent multiple IEs being thrown and engaged in a matter of seconds, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

RDreamer

Anyone else having problems with the game recording captures? I've had at least 3 games where I had a capture and the end stats didn't show it. They don't even give the capture to someone else. The game I just had ended 3 to 2 and it only showed 1 person's capture on my team. I had the other, but it showed 0 for me.

Actually, I've experienced this extended delay as well now. I initially thought it might have been due to some sort of cooldown to prevent multiple IEs being thrown and engaged in a matter of seconds, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Same. I had one that was delayed by easily 10 seconds. It was so long that I thought I didn't deploy it properly. Of course, it deployed as I was dying :( but now they're usually delayed by about 5 seconds. Not sure if this is a new nerf or a glitch. Since it's not in the patch notes. I'm guessing glitch.

Does that little "how experienced are you at MP shooters?" question at the beginning affect anything?

It only affects the daily challenges you're given. Even on competitive, which I selected, they're still very easy.

Today I threw down whatever Mystical it is that turns into a totem and shoots spectres and it was honestly delayed by at least 5 seconds, maybe more. At first I thought I'd thrown it off a map accidentally, but it was just super delayed.

And I have a very good hardwired connection.

TripOpt55

Been really finding my groove in this lately. Mostly been rolling with the AK, Para .45, Grenade, Indra's Eternity and the Brute. Forget the names of my boosters (one is to help heal, one is to help stealth). Would like to spend some time unlocking some of the LPs I am missing but really hate going away from my playstyle to get them. That is the one thing I don't like about this unlock system. I think I need the pistol and power weapon ones. Maybe another.

Are any of the AK mods worthwhile? Maybe that would be a good use of my points. Also are any of the other full assault rifles as good as the AK? I guess I should probably experiment in trying them out. I am close to unlocking the HS39 I think.

I finally got to play Remnants a bit more. That map was basically never coming up for me. Definitely one of the better maps in my opinion. Been getting River a lot more too. It is kind of messy. These maps don't hold a candle to some of the best in 2, that is for sure.

I finally just started spending some relics to get new challenges because some of these are just not in my playstyle (like mines). Been getting a lot more relics out of the deal even with the fee to change the challenges I figure. Mostly want all the Elena skins. I just got one of the special set things (with the weird colors). I think Adventurer or something. I'd really like that Espionage white one. I'd also like to unlock the shuffle dance because it is hilarious.

Having fun. Really wish there were more modes. That is the most disappointing part of this whole game. I know they are adding stuff later, but they really needed a little more here at launch in my opinion.

Creaking

Having a hell of a time on puzzle 35 of the latest puzzle set on the app... hate these 12 move ones...

No guides online that go past 30 as far as I can find, so at least I'm not alone.

What the actual hell man! I did all the trials on crushing and netted up like 2500 relics and NONE of my chest rewards has
Ending Elena
Like wtf... she's so rare. I only have 250 relics left now... time to play the app.... Also, I obtained all the characters as of yesterday. Chloe was my last unlock... lol shows how much I like Elena better than her.

ron_bato

Been really finding my groove in this lately. Mostly been rolling with the AK, Para .45, Grenade, Indra's Eternity and the Brute. Forget the names of my boosters (one is to help heal, one is to help stealth). Would like to spend some time unlocking some of the LPs I am missing but really hate going away from my playstyle to get them. That is the one thing I don't like about this unlock system. I think I need the pistol and power weapon ones. Maybe another.

Are any of the AK mods worthwhile? Maybe that would be a good use of my points. Also are any of the other full assault rifles as good as the AK? I guess I should probably experiment in trying them out. I am close to unlocking the HS39 I think.

I finally got to play Remnants a bit more. That map was basically never coming up for me. Definitely one of the better maps in my opinion. Been getting River a lot more too. It is kind of messy. These maps don't hold a candle to some of the best in 2, that is for sure.

I finally just started spending some relics to get new challenges because some of these are just not in my playstyle (like mines). Been getting a lot more relics out of the deal even with the fee to change the challenges I figure. Mostly want all the Elena skins. I just got one of the special set things (with the weird colors). I think Adventurer or something. I'd really like that Espionage white one. I'd also like to unlock the shuffle dance because it is hilarious.

Having fun. Really wish there were more modes. That is the most disappointing part of this whole game. I know they are adding stuff later, but they really needed a little more here at launch in my opinion.

I've got the blindfire mod on for the AK, and it suits my run and gun playstyle. I usually win most my head on engagements as long as you know how to move around and evade too.

Also helps with blind fire from cover.

Any way to have the chat muted at all times without having to do it individually when starting a game? I hate to be a debby downer, but I just joined a game as Nadine and got called a "f----- n-----" and would rather avoid that stuff especially since i don't play with a headset ever.

Any way to have the chat muted at all times without having to do it individually when starting a game? I hate to be a debby downer, but I just joined a game as Nadine and got called a "f----- n-----" and would rather avoid that stuff especially since i don't play with a headset ever.

Create a private party chat with the party chat being prioritized. You'll never have to listen to anyone with mics again.

PSYGN

If there isn't then you can create a private party for yourself and I think it mutes the others.

ron_bato

Interesting, I got all the character during the first few weeks. Didn't think it would take too long to get them all.

I just started playing last saturday, took me a week to finish the sp. I've played maybe around a total of 10-12 hours maybe?

It shouldn't take too long I guess, I just need to play those trials too, and be diligent with doing the challenges (right now I'm still stuck with the mine challenge).

Creaking

Eeesh, just finished the latest map on the app and only got 625 relics from 31 keys (got 7000 relics from just 3 times that many keys before). Now I'm out of coins and I've gotta play the ol waiting game.

But hey, new Sully skin!

foxbeldin

Got a mini heart attack with this.
sIS8qoy.jpg

foxbeldin

That's a first o_O

The game crashed while opening a vanity chest. When i came back, +8000 relics and all my unlocks were gone. I was back at square (minus) one. I tried to disconnect twice, reboot the game, didn't work.

In the end, all it took was unlocking a few relics and it all came back.

Donos

After finishing the game i was going to sell it (got it new for 40€) but now that i tried some rounds of MP, i'm maybe going to keep it a while. Vertical action gets chaotic with people coming from everywhere but i like it. Still have a code for DLC stuff which was in the package and i'm really thinking about using it (some Heist Drake Multiplayer DLC and Snow Weapon Multiplayer Skin).
Played only TDM so far.

nel e nel

Having a hell of a time on puzzle 35 of the latest puzzle set on the app... hate these 12 move ones...

No guides online that go past 30 as far as I can find, so at least I'm not alone.

Pocket Gamer has guides for all the puzzles.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/writer.asp?a=144&sec=22

I actually liked the puzzles and only looked up the ones I got really stuck on.

Only downside is that I'm sitting on 40+ keys with no more gold to speed up the loot chest timer, and I don't want to reset my progress towards the unlocks that require the bonus treasures.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It only affects the daily challenges you're given. Even on competitive, which I selected, they're still very easy.
Hmm. I picked Competitive as well, but if I can get even easier challenges I'd take it, unless the harder ones pay out more. I suppose there's no way to change it?

stryke

Hopefully if ND does decide to implement some sort of penalty feature for match quitting it will take into account the quality of the connection. I'm not going to stick around when I get the white disconnect symbol every 5 seconds.

SSReborn

Just reach Chapter
in crush difficulty (first play-through)... I've just rage Quit, this place is pure bullshit shooting session in the game... some of the previous where hard and challenging, but this one feel cheap. No way the
second wave with not checkpoint
is destroying me. I've tried using cheap trick, but i get overwhelm for no reason at the end, got spam every 8 second by freaking grenade. Tell me this is the worse moment in the game ? if there is another shooting session like this...
2 things.

1. Wrong thread this is the mp thread
2. First playthrough on crushing you're a trooper!

bombshell

I just started playing last saturday, took me a week to finish the sp. I've played maybe around a total of 10-12 hours maybe?

It shouldn't take too long I guess, I just need to play those trials too, and be diligent with doing the challenges (right now I'm still stuck with the mine challenge).

I did all the trials before playing any matches. I think it took me around 3 hours to do all trials on all 3 difficulties and that netted me around 4,000 relics, enough to unlock all the characters from the chests :)

ron_bato

I did all the trials before playing any matches. I think it took me around 3 hours to do all trials on all 3 difficulties and that netted me around 4,000 relics, enough to unlock all the characters from the chests :)

Yeah, I did the trials up to hard mode just now, sprinkled in with some matches to get my daily challenges. :) A lot of them were easy enough!

Just when I was about to call it a day, I got Chloe lol (which really was all that I was after). Then spent the free 200 nd points on the crocodile Chloe preset.

#teamchloe

Mr Git

Are the leaderboards working for everyone else? Mine hasn't worked since just after launch, isn't displaying scores properly, although my playtime is so there's that. Also I miss replays from Uncharted 2.

Top Bottom