• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

VeeP

Really should be able to opt out of joining in progress.

I just quit anyway soon as I load in because I like full matches only, so it wastes my time and it keeps the team who are a man down already down for even longer as the entire time I was loading in and then quitting out they could have actually had someone who doesn't mind late joins join instead. Lose-lose.

I'd rather they just give people joining in a late match more bonuses. Like someone above said, joining in progress matches is a necessary evil

So I unlocked all the ranks of all the boosters and would you like to know what my reward was? I no longer have access to them. I lost rank 1 in all of them but the starting ones. I still have the upgraded versions unlocked but I can't use them because I no longer have the first rank. For each I have to earn X amount of a lifetime score to unlock them. Could it actually have been possible that I have accumulated so many points that the number has wrapped around back to 0? If so, I'm calling bullshit on this whole system.

This happened to me last week. I earned the required score to get the Loadout point about two days after launch, and then after one of the live updates on Thursday or so, I got this glitch. It didn't affect any of my already-made loadouts, but if I tried to make a new one I was locked out. Annoying. Actually do you think it reset once I got 999,999 score? That'd be crazy.

Are multiplayer leaderboards fucked for everyone or is it just me? Time played, KDA ratio, best match etc. are all over the place and nothing close to reality.

Yes, everything has been messed up since day one. My time says 30 days played, my best score is off by at least 1k, and my Downs + KOs are off about about 50%. It's funny, my score per minute is like 2 or 1 lol.

I just realised Cutter, Tenzin and the Arabian guy all have the same face in MP.

Racist.

nel e nel

what's the easiest way to get C4 downs? Need 15 for a daily :/

C4 can placed on walls and can double as a mine/grenade.

Camp or sneak up to people from behind and toss and detonate. Easy peasy.

That, and I was playing Plunder, rushing to the idol, and downing the first enemy that would try to pick it up.

Also Command, keep track of which point you put it in, and when you see that it's being neutralized set it off.

SharkJAW

Looking for some fellow GAFers to play with. PSN: SharkJAW. Down for any mode; I'm looking to unlock my first hero weapon, as well.

SuperSah

Banned
How is the multiplayer guys?

Watching streams and it looks really fun. It's my kind of online shooter.

Sucks, I can't play it now because I said I'll play 1-3 on the collection before trying the new game. :(

Drencrom

How is the multiplayer guys?

Watching streams and it looks really fun. It's my kind of online shooter.

Sucks, I can't play it now because I said I'll play 1-3 on the collection before trying the new game. :(

Lots of fun, been playing everyday since I finished the singleplayer.

You should definitely play thru at least Uncharted 4 before going into MP.

SuperSah

Banned
Lots of fun, been playing everyday since I finished the singleplayer.

You should definitely play thru at least Uncharted 4 before going into MP.

That's my plan.

I'm trying to get through 1-3 so I can move onto 4.

Do you reckon it'll still be fairly populated in maybe a month or so?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That's my plan.

The game will be getting periodic free updates through the next year, so there's a good chance it'll keep a reasonable population.

SDR-UK

That's my plan.

Uncharted 3 especially (2 is kind of as well) is still populated to this day. Uncharted multiplayer has legs and you have nothing to worry about there.

Revven

That's my plan.

Yes, this is the type of multiplayer community that sticks around for quite awhile. Uncharted 3 was still very populated for at least a solid year and even two years into it you could still get into games fairly quickly.

As long as ND's updates to the game are fairly consistent and it doesn't take six months to get something new, the game will still be very populated.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel ya, I go around 15 to 22 KOs and Downs a match and not even that is enough for me to win most matches with randoms because there's always at least 2 morons on the team that get like 1 KO and 6~10 deaths. I'm not bragging when I say that I have to literally carry my team about 90% of the matches when I play with randoms, which is pretty fun per say when you win matches but sucks so bad when you lose.

Yeah it's even more weird because I play online with my brother most of the time. If I have 2400 points for the match, he has 2200. We both do well, but then the score shows us losing like 40-26 in the end.

Just a horrible beat no matter how well we do. And it's so insanely consistent that it happens this way. It's just a loss 9/10 games without question. We joke about it the whole time we play.

SuperSah

Banned
Yes, this is the type of multiplayer community that sticks around for quite awhile. Uncharted 3 was still very populated for at least a solid year and even two years into it you could still get into games fairly quickly.

As long as ND's updates to the game are fairly consistent and it doesn't take six months to get something new, the game will still be very populated.

Uncharted 3 especially (2 is kind of as well) is still populated to this day. Uncharted multiplayer has legs and you have nothing to worry about there.

The game will be getting periodic free updates through the next year, so there's a good chance it'll keep a reasonable population.

If you like how it looks, doing the movement based stuff is even more fun.

It's not the best multiplayer in the world, but that era when it comes to shooters is more than 15 years behind us. ;-)

Brilliant!

Thanks guys. I'm really, really enjoying multiplayer footage more than I though. Hell, for myself it looks a bit more fun than Overwatch!

Just time to buy the Nathan Drake Collection and get cracking. My bundle came with UC4, so I've gotta actually play the previous titles. :p

bombshell

U4_MemorialDay_960x540.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn, not bad! Everyone should save their daily challenge and get it done by tomorrow for more relics!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Do coins pop up occasionally after the 200 you get when playing for the first time, or is that all we get for free?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do coins pop up occasionally after the 200 you get when playing for the first time, or is that all we get for free?

That's all you get. It's a taster, the rest you have to buy. There's nothing you can't earn through relics though, but the relic method is random.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That's all you get. It's a taster, the rest you have to buy. There's nothing you can't earn through relics though, but the relic method is random.
Thanks. Yeah, thought so. Maybe I can invest it in something nice over this 70% weekend.

I'm using the M24 and it is amazing. I have a silencer on it and it brought me to platinum I. One away from diamond! I also got the Bishai.50 cal. One headshot down, god damn that is good.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Different guy.
Pretty much why I won't play as him. It's not bad, it's just not what I'm used to.
I love playing as him. His new lines with the new voice always make me laugh. "you're shit, mate!"

"I can't wait to rub this victory in Drake's stupid face later!"

aro52

Anyone else getting stuck on the same side EVERY game?

My buddy and I were on the Villains team all last night, and it is continuing tonight...

I wanna use my Elena skins!

Top Bottom