• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone else getting stuck on the same side EVERY game?

My buddy and I were on the Villains team all last night, and it is continuing tonight...

I wanna use my Elena skins!
If you're partied up, you're almost guaranteed 99% of the time you're going to be villains unless you run into another party that have more members than you. That's how it was in the beta and for some reason, it's like this here too.

aro52

If you're partied up, you're almost guaranteed 99% of the time you're going to be villains unless you run into another party that have more members than you. That's how it was in the beta and for some reason, it's like this here too.

He hopped off for a bit, and sure enough, I got put on the Heroes as a solo player! Very strange.

I've lost 10 matches in a row because of shitty randoms.

k1v7ihM.jpg

TripOpt55

I've got the blindfire mod on for the AK, and it suits my run and gun playstyle. I usually win most my head on engagements as long as you know how to move around and evade too.

Also helps with blind fire from cover.

Good call on this. Really helpful in close-quarters plus when blindfiring from cover. Using it tonight, I had some of my best games yet. I like to think it wasn't a coincidence!

ron_bato

Good call on this. Really helpful in close-quarters plus when blindfiring from cover. Using it tonight, I had some of my best games yet. I like to think it wasn't a coincidence!

Nice! Yeah, it's a great mod to have, I'm currently trying to work my way to Nate's AK 47. I've only got Nadine's unlocked so far.

Raxus

AK is already a pretty strong gun in general so you really can't go wrong with many of the mods.

V confused that apparently I'm getting matched with people in Gold rank when I'm Diamond II. What's the point of ranked if they're not going to match people with very similar ranks?

nel e nel

Not sure it's been mentioned, but the details in the MP almost rival the campaign. I love how when you equip a mask on a character, their barks get muffled.

This multiplayer is fun, but it's kinda love and hate. When it works and the connection is good: love. When your melees don't do damage for some reason likely due to a bad connection: hate.

Fun stuff. I can usually take defeat, but I end up leaving games whenever I notice me melee hits aren't doing damage and the game is an overall landslide. To the next game and in hope of a better connection.

I wanna customize Elena. I ain't paying for shit, though.

SxP

I would like to play a game mode without mines. Played against a team in TDM with 5 mines, and they know where to place them (right near common spawn points). Sucks all the enjoyment out of the game. Forces you to waste LP on Explosive Awareness.

Remf

Just finished SP last night. Loved it and now I'm going to dive into MP tonight. Watch out bitches, I'm coming for ya!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I would like to play a game mode without mines. Played against a team in TDM with 5 mines, and they know where to place them (right near common spawn points). Sucks all the enjoyment out of the game. Forces you to waste LP on Explosive Awareness.
Mines shouldn't exist in this MP. It ruins everything.

Not sure it's been mentioned, but the details in the MP almost rival the campaign. I love how when you equip a mask on a character, their barks get muffled.
What's astonishing is that they have kept subsurface scattering* in the MP, despite the 60fps...

*SSS = light passing through translucent surfaces (i.e. character ears/hair and plant leaves)

Horohoro

I want a dlc fun park map with slides just bloody everywhere and rope swing points everywhere too!.
Some huge abandoned water park would be perfectly ideal...

I want a dlc fun park map with slides just bloody everywhere and rope swing points everywhere too!.
I want that and want a level that's entirely grappling hook swinging with nothing to stand on. And melee only playlists

Bring back the textureless lab maps with weird stuff like that. It'd also allow people to recreate the Hotline Bling music video

Horohoro

I want that and want a level that's entirely grappling hook swinging with nothing to stand on. And melee only playlists

Bring back the textureless lab maps with weird stuff like that. It'd also allow people to recreate the Hotline Bling music video

My man! Totally on board with this. I loved the lab in U3.

FiggyCal

Banned
The pistole is low key the best gun in the game. Definitely a better shotgun than the actual shotgun.

Pistole + hunter sidekick combo is just sick.

Marlowe cracks me up with her dialogue. Her screams for help in particular are so hilarious!

She's a lot more evil than I remember. "You are not fit to feel my boots" when she gets a kill. God damn

Also, yeah... when she's down my favourite line of her is " I will not stand for this insolance, and I'm not interested in your excuses, get me up! HURRY DAMN IT!"

Javin98

Banned
Wow, you guys weren't kidding when you said the AK-47 with the blindfire accuracy increase mod was amazing. Had one of my best matches earlier, 17 downs/6 deaths.

Edit: Just unlocked Eddy Raja. ;)

The pistole is low key the best gun in the game. Definitely a better shotgun than the actual shotgun.

Pistole + hunter sidekick combo is just sick.

Hunter + anything is sick lol. Pistole is the best standard shotgun (Condor is better but obviously costs more) but it's not the best gun--that's the Para .45--because it's effective at only close range. The Para is more versatile and downs just as quick. You can run a Para-only loadout and hold your own from anywhere, but you can't do that with the Pistole since you have to get close. It's interesting though that the two best weapons are both pistols.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You need 3 or 4 shots to down someone close range. Imo it's useless, certainly against someone who knows what he is doing

3 unless you're missing hard, and those shots can be from blind or hipfire. It already has 2 shots in the standard clip, fires quickly, reloads pretty darn quickly. Extended clip gives it 3 right there, making it nearly indomitable at close range. With all these elements combined, it's a monster.

One thing, like any shotgun in the game, if you're trying to aim it like any other gun, you're using it wrong. The shotguns are hipfire/blindfire weapons. You need to utilize cover or keep moving to maximize effectiveness.

FiggyCal

Banned
You need 3 or 4 shots to down someone close range. Imo it's useless, certainly against someone who knows what he is doing

I thought so too, but if you move around people don't got shit on you. It's not the easiest gun, but I'm a shotgun type of person and the spezzotti could not be worse. And it cost a lot more.

Plus once you get the extended clip attachment for it. You'll pretty much down everyone you run into almost immediately. Obviously group encounters are never ideal though.

Buntabox

Had two games last night where players were getting under the map on Pirate Colony. They can fire at anyone from under the map. Made Command near unplayable since you have to stop moving to capture points. Probably the most frustrating thing I've run across. Hope this gets fixed soon.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
She's a lot more evil than I remember. "You are not fit to feel my boots" when she gets a kill. God damn

Also, yeah... when she's down my favourite line of her is " I will not stand for this insolance, and I'm not interested in your excuses, get me up! HURRY DAMN IT!"

I recall her once saying something like, "Are you blind or just stupid? Whichever it is, get me up, you fools!" I burst out laughing.

Lazarevic is still my favorite, but it's clear they put a lot of effort into bringing to life the various villains from the series. The only two I don't really find memorable are Orca and Knot, though they have some great South African accents.

Top Bottom