• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Also, I saw a few people using the top hat a few weeks ago. Either they were the developers of the app, work for ND/Sony, or the hat was a preorder bonus in some region.

It's also a part of one or two pre-set costumes. I know Salim has one, Chloe might have one too.

Rajang

Anyone else hate these two things:

1) you're trying to get into cover, but your character absolutely refuses to get into it and just stands there like an idiot.

2) you can't climb up something because your camera angle isn't focused straight to where you're trying to climb up. I move my camera a lot to see if there's any enemies and it's so stupid that I can't climb up because I don't focus the camera straight in the center of my character....

This got me killed so many times.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Really important tip for new players: Don't forget you can switch between loadouts during a game. Hit options, and select loadout.

Some matches you'll find suit different styles, and depending on how the game itself flows you might want to switch up if you find a situation where your current weapons aren't as good as they could be.

Horohoro

You should unlock vanity items with the relics first and then unlock the Hero weapons by trying new loadouts and using leftover relics. It's a much better use of your relics since you can unlock Hero weapons by just playing the game, and it'll also extend your interest in playing because you'll be trying new playstyles every week or so. That's what I did and I have everything unlocked now.

You can get more than 5,000 relics. Even though there is a limit, they still transfer, although this is happening on my account that already had over 5,000 before I updated the app. Maybe if you start completely from scratch you are truly limited, but it's not even possible to get 5,000 relics with the new payouts now. I downloaded the app on a second iPhone and I have 2,000 versus 7,375 on the non-updated app.

Also, I saw a few people using the top hat a few weeks ago. Either they were the developers of the app, work for ND/Sony, or the hat was a preorder bonus in some region.

When you go into custom loadouts it tells you what's required to unlock weapons, Mysticala, Sidekicks, Gear, Heavy Weapons, Boosters, and Loadout points. Without knowing your play style my advice would be to stick with a weapon you're comfortable with and always have either the Para .45 or the Pistole equipped. Since you're new and don't know the maps as well, I'd equip the Savior sidekick to help you out in case you get downed away from teammates. I'd also urgently advise you to equip Explosive Awareness 3 as soon as you can. It allows you to disable Mines and C4. I'd also have at least two loadouts that have Mines and Grenades in them--in case the other team has Explosive Awareness 3, you can quickly switch loadouts to use a Grenade instead. Lastly, stick to your teammates until you get comfortable with the maps and your shooting abilities.

Hero weapons are special versions that have two mods on them (you're normally allowed one). They're unlocked by getting a certain number of kills with each weapon.

#2 is sort of funny when it happens, especially when you're next to a teammate who's doing the same thing. You look like a pair of clowns. #1 has killed me at least once every other match and is infuriating lol.

Actually there is a cap credit in the game now your limited to 5000 credits if your just starting. If you played before that update your limited.

I'm unlocking everything anyway so it doesn't really matter what I go for first. I'll be playing the game till long after I'm done unlocking everything anyway.

Also how many days gameplay do you have to have everything unlocked? I'm near 10.
I had over 150 in U3. So when I say I'll be playing awhile... I'll be playing awhile....

Actually there is a cap credit in the game now your limited to 5000 credits if your just starting. If you played before that update your limited.

I'm unlocking everything anyway so it doesn't really matter what I go for first. I'll be playing the game till long after I'm done unlocking everything anyway.

Also how many days gameplay do you have to have everything unlocked? I'm near 10.
I had over 150 in U3. So when I say I'll be playing awhile... I'll be playing awhile....

Well the leaderboards are still f'ed up so it says 34 days for TDM, 1 day for Plunder, and 6 days for Command. In reality I've played, on average, 8 hours a day since launch, so about 208 hours, or almost 9 days. I finished unlocking everything about 1.5 weeks ago. I deleted and reinstalled the app before they nerfed the payout so I got a ton of extra relics that way too.

Chloe doesn't have one as far as I know got everything for her.

Yeah, the ones for Chloe and Sully are similar but not the exact hat. Salim's hat is the actual hat.

Just like the good old days of Uncharted lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaOL1CzEioo

This happened to me a few weeks ago, also on Pirate Colony, and happened today on Scotland, but the game auto-killed me this time, which ruined my epic streak and tainted my KD/R!

Horohoro

Well the leaderboards are still f'ed up so it says 34 days for TDM, 1 day for Plunder, and 6 days for Command. In reality I've played, on average, 8 hours a day since launch, so about 208 hours, or almost 9 days. I finished unlocking everything about 1.5 weeks ago. I deleted and reinstalled the app before they nerfed the payout so I got a ton of extra relics that way too.

Yeah, the ones for Chloe and Sully are similar but not the exact hat. Salim's hat is the actual hat.

This happened to me a few weeks ago, also on Pirate Colony, and happened today on Scotland, but the game auto-killed me this time, which ruined my epic streak and tainted my KD/R!

I wish I still had that kind of time to dedicate unfortunately full time job now. I was in the top 100 in U3 for awhile.

I wish I still had that kind of time to dedicate unfortunately full time job now. I was in the top 100 in U3 for awhile.

I wish the Leaderboards were accurate and included global stats. I'd love to see where I rank, it has to be top 50, maybe even top 10. Did TLoU not have proper leaderboards and no-party playlists at launch? I remember both were added later for U2, and I boycotted U3 MP and didn't play TLoU MP until 1.5 years after launch, so I am not sure if this is always how ND does it.

Horohoro

I wish the Leaderboards were accurate and included global stats. I'd love to see where I rank, it has to be top 50, maybe even top 10. Did TLoU not have proper leaderboards and no-party playlists at launch? I remember both were added later for U2, and I boycotted U3 MP and didn't play TLoU MP until 1.5 years after launch, so I am not sure if this is always how ND does it.

No leaderboards were there from the start in both. Shocked they aren't here. I'm curious here I rank also I haven't had as much time dedicated as you but I put in alot... I was trying hard to be up there again. Lol

Keihart

Exactly. They need to make the Spezzoti shoot faster and/or make people go down in 1 hit of you shoot it right. I think developers tend to overestimate how good shotguns are. They got the Pistole just right.

The pistole for being a hadgund is kind of ridiculous, that damage and rate of fire. Is like the real shotgun in this game.

Today i fought a team of pistoles with hunters, fuking ridiculous match.

Edit: And mines, much fun much laughs...

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else hate these two things:

1) you're trying to get into cover, but your character absolutely refuses to get into it and just stands there like an idiot.

2) you can't climb up something because your camera angle isn't focused straight to where you're trying to climb up. I move my camera a lot to see if there's any enemies and it's so stupid that I can't climb up because I don't focus the camera straight in the center of my character....

I've wanted to bitch about #2 so many times but I wasn't sure how to word it. I even grabbed some of my gameplay clips when it happened so I could post a gif. But yeah, that shit annoys me so much and it happens to me all the time.

If you're a multitasker and you move the camera around while climbing, you're fucked. It was an issue for me in SP and MP.

I also have no evidence of this, but I feel like sometimes I press triangle and my character doesn't reload. It happens so often that I'd be surprised if it was just me.

Horohoro

The pistole for being a hadgund is kind of ridiculous, that damage and rate of fire. Is like the real shotgun in this game.

No joke all my matches today

mine02.jpg

Anyone play against a guy named twowaystreet? He went 21 and 1 by having his dead body stay in place and run around invisible the whole match? Is it a glitch or something?

Finally diving into this after plaything through the campaign twice. The Scotland and pirate colony maps are so good. Plunder is a bit shit in this game, but command is really fun.

Keihart

I want classic mode very very bad. And ranked classic, i would play the shit out of that.

No buyables, no downs and power weapons...hnnng

cormack12

Gold Member
When you go into custom loadouts it tells you what's required to unlock weapons, Mysticala, Sidekicks, Gear, Heavy Weapons, Boosters, and Loadout points. Without knowing your play style my advice would be to stick with a weapon you're comfortable with and always have either the Para .45 or the Pistole equipped. Since you're new and don't know the maps as well, I'd equip the Savior sidekick to help you out in case you get downed away from teammates. I'd also urgently advise you to equip Explosive Awareness 3 as soon as you can. It allows you to disable Mines and C4. I'd also have at least two loadouts that have Mines and Grenades in them--in case the other team has Explosive Awareness 3, you can quickly switch loadouts to use a Grenade instead. Lastly, stick to your teammates until you get comfortable with the maps and your shooting abilities.

Cheers man, will hit this up today. Only sidekick I'm not a fan of is the hunter. He has too much health for the general weapons imo. Also, if it locks onto you, and you run past a team mate, it still chases you.......

Why are there so few medal types compared to UC2?

There's so few everything right now and no one knows why. They had more time to work on this game than any other they've ever worked on, it's really weird. Maybe the reboot messed things up and they had to wait for new environments to be created before they could work on MP?

Cheers man, will hit this up today. Only sidekick I'm not a fan of is the hunter. He has too much health for the general weapons imo. Also, if it locks onto you, and you run past a team mate, it still chases you.......

Shoot it via blindfiring while running away toward your teammates and it'll drop in about five seconds. You're SOL if an enemy is trailing the Hunter though, but that's the "perk" of that Sidekick, just as the Brute's perk is laying suppressive fire and the Sniper downs in 2-3 shots. Each Sidekick has its advantages and disadvantages. Also, the Hunter (and other Sidekicks) lose half or more health if it gets hit by a mine, C4, or grenade, so you can use that to your advantage, for example, by running over a friendly mine or shooting an enemy one in its path.

Why are there so few medal types compared to UC2?

Extremely shocked by the lack of these. I remember working my ass for some medals in order to get the crazy ass U2 and U3 trophies.
This MP is the exact definition of bittersweet. They improved on the visuals, animations and gameplay, and yet for the rest of the MP they took another step back when they should have just stuck to the U2 MP blueprints. Let's hope TLOU2 MP has better luck.

Keihart

Yeah, i don't like the lessons they took from Factions to Uncharted MP. This iteration is clearly triying to make the MP something different instead of improving the original blueprint, adding stuff that doesn't make sense in the context and taking out stuff that did.

Also maps, Yemen and Dessert Village from 3 were way more vertical then any map here.

When all the new elements work, it doesn't feel like uncharted, but when the new stuff doesn't the game is super fun and gunbattles are really cool.

Christos

I'm still wondering since all MP DLC is supposed to be free what do the MP packs from the triple pack contain? Just an early-access to something or is it gonna be something exclusive to triple pack owners?

I'm still wondering since all MP DLC is supposed to be free what do the MP packs from the triple pack contain? Just an early-access to something or is it gonna be something exclusive to triple pack owners?

I guess they don't have to unlock them via microtransactions or treasures.

Saw an even better version of the auction house car glitch madness — ~5 cars flipping and flying around. So good

I only wish that it happened for everyone in the match. It seems to only be seen by, or affect one at a time, and other people can shoot through the cars.

AKyemeni

Saw an even better version of the auction house car glitch madness — ~5 cars flipping and flying around. So good

I only wish that it happened for everyone in the match. It seems to only be seen by, or affect one at a time, and other people can shoot through the cars.
Do you happen to have footage?

Been very up and down with my results in the last couple of days, but when I do well and it's in a comeback victory I just had to upload it. :p

https://youtu.be/dHpyGLr1vZA

Edit: Apologies for the scoresheet coming up a couple of times, fumbled when trying to hit the touchpad. :p

Excellent game, but your lack of picking up ammo and reloading at points really stressed me out lol.

Insane Command score.

How is this possible? Did it start 5 on 1 lol? Insane. You should definitely upload this.

Apparently custom games let you tweak a lot of stuff

Some friends of mine played a "one dude is Michael Myers" game type with melee-only and OHK melees. Apparently you can turn off downing?...

The Lamp

You have to do 2 shots, reload, 1 more shot to take someone down from full health. That's really risky.

Top Bottom