• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Just seems like you're not enjoying this multiplayer at all. Why do you keep subjecting yourself to it over and over?
I'm waiting on that mode that isn't garbage.

Gunplay is amazing.

Then they butcher it with appalling decisions but don't give us a stripped out mode without the BS

SDR-UK

Is it just me, or did Chloe's butt get nerfed for this game?

Been nerfed since Uncharted 3.

I'm waiting on that mode that isn't garbage.

Gunplay is amazing.

Then they butcher it with appalling decisions but don't give us a stripped out mode without the BS

What makes you so confident that it's coming? People haunted Naughty Dog through videos, social media and all kinds of avenues for a Classic Mode in Uncharted 3 and then no one played it.

Any match of U4 ladies and gentlemen.

D6l8fu1.gif

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Any match of U4 ladies and gentlemen.

I sympathize, as I think Sidekicks are pretty bullshit as well and the multiplayer would be far better off without them (same with Mysticals, to a lesser extent), but if you're feeling continually frustrated, it's probably for the best to take a break. Hopefully a Classic mode of sorts will come soon.

I sympathize, as I think Sidekicks are pretty bullshit as well and the multiplayer would be far better off without them (same with Mysticals, to a lesser extent), but if you're feeling continually frustrated, it's probably for the best to take a break. Hopefully a Classic mode of sorts will come soon.

Yeah i'm done with it until the next patch - if there's no mode without ridiculous AI interfering in PVP then i'll just look elsewhere for PVP (as I'm sure many others will).

Really annoying cus under all the garbage there's potential for great gameplay. Baffling - but there you go.

ThisOne

Yeah i'm done with it until the next patch - if there's no mode without ridiculous AI interfering in PVP then i'll just look elsewhere for PVP (as I'm sure many others will).

Really annoying cus under all the garbage there's potential for great gameplay. Baffling - but there you go.
Seems like you just need to take a break and cool off.

time to embrace the hunters

get a team of people using hunters, and just go with the flow

ShutterMunster

This RPG challenge I have right now highlights just how useless this weapon is. I can fire dead at someone's feet and they'll stumble back. It's absurd. A lot of the heavy weapons in this game leave a lot to be desired. RPG damage needs a boost.

This RPG challenge I have right now highlights just how useless this weapon is. I can fire dead at someone's feet and they'll stumble back. It's absurd. A lot of the heavy weapons in this game leave a lot to be desired. RPG damage needs a boost.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that and need proof. If it's into a crowd of people that doesn't count. Show me a 1-on-1 direct hit please. Any time that's happened to me it's because where the rocket lands is not 100% precisely where I aimed, which is similar to how if you aim-throw a grenade it will actually roll a bit and land further away. This is a change from UC2 (last Uncharted MP I played) where grenades landed exactly where you threw them and stuck, a la Halo's sticky grenades.

On a separate note, I got the same Challenge two days in a row--spawn 15 Sidekicks. Boringgggg.

Nev

Banned
What makes you so confident that it's coming? People haunted Naughty Dog through videos, social media and all kinds of avenues for a Classic Mode in Uncharted 3 and then no one played it.

There wasn't even half the newly introduced bullshit and changes in U3 though. There were power weapons, no downs, there were actual medals and there wasn't stupid AI and mines everywhere. Classic mode makes much more sense in U4.

I hate how they removed the medals and the iconic "chng" sound for kills and replaced it with some "realistic", generic, garbage military FPS sound. You just don't remove that fucking sound effect, really. It's one of the things that pissed me off more.

N.Domixis

Banned
The hunters are BS, they choke you, you get free and they one shot you with the pistole WTF? I tried hooking them and they just choke you.

SDR-UK

There wasn't even half the newly introduced bullshit and changes in U3 though. There were power weapons, no downs, there were actual medals and there wasn't stupid AI and mines everywhere. Classic mode makes much more sense in U4.

I hate how they removed the medals and the iconic "chng" sound for kills and replaced it with some "realistic", generic, garbage military FPS sound. You just don't remove that fucking sound effect, really. It's one of the things that pissed me off more.

Yet people and the YouTube community of Uncharted campaigned for the inclusion of Classic Mode and then it died a quick death. That's my point. Naughty Dog went through the same song and dance on Uncharted 3 and bowed to the requests of the community and then saw that playlist die upon inception.

Nev

Banned
Yet people and the YouTube community of Uncharted campaigned for the inclusion of Classic Mode and then it died a quick death. That's my point. Naughty Dog went through the same song and dance on Uncharted 3 and bowed to the requests of the community and then saw that playlist die upon inception.

Uncharted 4 has 3 modes, Uncharted 3 had 10+ and classic mode was introduced as a replacement for hardcore mode months in, when the popular playlists had already been more than established.

And again, Uncharted 3 regular modes didn't have as many fundamental changes as U4. The oblivious inclusion of the stupid AI alone has a much bigger impact than every Uncharted 3 changes combined.

WinFonda

thats cuz the uncharted community on the playstation forums is a cesspool. they think a leveling system is the panacea for the game. you're right too, the U3 campaign for a classic mode was much, much louder as I recall... and it died a pretty quick death. I think it's destined for a similar fate in U4 also, because it's just too narrow in scope and hard to make everyone happy with it... and adding TDM after TDM playlist is a good way to kill the game more than anything.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The hunters are BS, they choke you, you get free and they one shot you with the pistole WTF? I tried hooking them and they just choke you.

They're pretty weak and pretty loud. Just shoot and retreat. Try to stay near allies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The people who always complain the most are the people who will only play the game at its peak and then ruin it for the rest of us who continue to play the game years after it's out.

WinFonda

The people who always complain the most are the people who will only play the game at its peak and then ruin it for the rest of us who continue to play the game years after its out.

back when people wanted classic mode for U3, the medal earning (and kickback spam) in objective modes like plunder and team objective was absurd. once they toned down the kickbacks, the modes became much more competitive without the stupid snowballing but still chance for big plays and swings.

this is the approach they should take with U4. fix the modes that are there by limiting the stuff people are complaining about the most, rather than stripping it out of the game for a single mode. will do much more for the longevity of the game than a mode that will turn off as many as it will satisfy.

The people who always complain the most are the people who will only play the game at its peak and then ruin it for the rest of us who continue to play the game years after it's out.
The people who complain are the masses....

They do only play the game at its peak and then stop because the unbalanced mess is a turn off.

Then you're left with 'the rest of us' ; ie small player base sans 'the people who play at its peak'.

If the main concerns were addressed quickly then a lot more players would stay during peak rather than think 'god this is gash, best move on'. You'd think ND would have learned prompt actions keep players; but no they're making the same mistake as U3. The mode most want (a simple basic mode without the superfluous garbage such as downs, revives, magical Jesus circles of healing, hunters, brutes, and other AI controlled gunk) will probably be added much too late.

It's already late. But with every passing day more and more players get lost.

The supply sidekick is pretty good though.

Good at being shit, yeah.

Any time I am forced to use one (for the daily challenge, like today), that idiot is the cause of at least one of my deaths, every match.

"Yeah, revive me! Thanks, Sav--"

*Savior stops reviving for no reason*

"WHAT THE FUCK, YOU STUPID FUCKER?!"

*dies*

Or I'll get in a shootout and just as I'm about to land the final shot, the dumbfuck stands in front of me, stopping me from shooting.

*dies*

Or I'll try to retreat from 3+ enemies and the dumbfuck is blocking my path and I can't run through it for some stupid reason.

*dies*

WinFonda

If the main concerns were addressed quickly then a lot more players would stay during peak rather than think 'god this is gash, best move on'. You'd think ND would have learned prompt actions keep players; but no they're making the same mistake as U3. The mode most want (a simple basic mode without the superfluous garbage such as downs, revives, magical Jesus circles of healing, hunters, brutes, and other AI controlled gunk) will probably be added much too late..
The problem is you think everything they've added to give flavor to the game or make it different from past Uncharted games is unwanted or bad, when almost all of it is fairly balanced and reasonable. Which to me says you're either unwilling to adapt to a new game environment and systems or your outright dismissal comes from some mixture of inexperience and denial ("if only the game was just shooting I'd be good!", "it's not me... it's just 99% of the mechanics!")

The way I see it, that's a good number of folks though. I look forward to them adding this classic mode, watching people try it out and after realizing that it doesn't 'fix' the game for them... peace out. Some will find it stale. Because the U2 that so many people put on a pedestal has not aged well. Others won't perform the way they'd hope. Because Uncharted multiplayer has developed veterans at this point and unless you've invested serious time in the previous ones, you will be outgunned and outnaded. The more the game is distilled, the better the veterans get. The new systems help level out the playing field a bit.

It sounds as though U4 multiplayer just isn't for you, which is okay. I hope they add the classic mode so that people can see for themselves if they actually like this thing they're asking for.

The problem is you think everything they've added to give flavor to the game or make it different from past Uncharted games is unwanted or bad, when almost all of it is fairly balanced and reasonable. Which to me says you're either unwilling to adapt to a new game environment and systems or your outright dismissal comes from some mixture of inexperience and denial ("if only the game was just shooting I'd be good!", "it's not me... it's just 99% of the mechanics!")

The way I see it, that's a good number of folks though. I look forward to them adding this classic mode, watching people try it out and after realizing that it doesn't 'fix' the game for them... peace out. Some will find it stale. Because the U2 that so many people put on a pedestal has not aged well. Others won't perform the way they'd hope. Because Uncharted multiplayer has developed veterans at this point and unless you've invested serious time in the previous ones, you will be outgunned and outnaded.

It sounds as though U4 multiplayer just isn't for you, which is okay. I hope they add the classic mode so that people can see for themselves if they actually like this thing they're asking for.

It'll be great and not at all like U2. The great gunplay, movement fluidity, extra traversal and melee options with the rope etc will lead to a very fun and tactical cover based shooter where players can face each other without cheap additions to make the game look hip.

They won't remove the modes with all the added stuff so no one loses out.

Keihart

I would be happy enough with the bulshit reduced to a minimum, no because i cant deal with it but because is bullshit.

Edit: And WinFonda is right thoug, there are people who enjoy the new shit so classic mode wont be for everyone.

WinFonda

It'll be great and not at all like U2. The great gunplay, movement fluidity, extra traversal and melee options with the rope etc will lead to a very fun and tactical cover based shooter where players can face each other without cheap additions to make the game look hip.

They won't remove the modes with all the added stuff so no one loses out.
If you're sure at that point there won't just be some new 'cheap' thing to scapegoat, as you seem to have a lot of issues with the game.

Though when i see this I feel like I'm reading an underdog story and I should be rooting for you... so i will... I hope you get what you're lookin for, dude.

That actually hit the wall behind him.
That's what I assumed but he posted in this very thread that it was a direct hit on him. We may just be mistaken, but I've definitely hit people head on with a rocket and not downed them, though I've also hit people with a rocket when they were weakened by fire (but not downed) and they seemingly went straight to KO, perhaps thanks to a nearby mine or something.

If you're sure at that point there won't just be some new 'cheap' thing to scapegoat, as you seem to have a lot of issues with the game.

Though when i see this I feel like I'm reading an underdog story and I should be rooting for you... so i will... I hope you get what you're lookin for, dude.
Me too.

Otherwise the game will quickly die.

Saying that with no paid DLC (as far as I know) player base means nothing to ND so perhaps it won't come.

WinFonda

Me too.

Otherwise the game will quickly die.

Saying that with no paid DLC (as far as I know) player base means nothing to ND so perhaps it won't come.

Nah, it'll survive. Nothing else plays like Uncharted and they've got too many people by the balls, including me.

That's an interesting rationale on the free DLC... not heard that before.

Really liking the MP. Not as good as Uncharted 2's, but better than 3's and about as good as The Last of Us. It'll (hopefully) only get better too as they add more stuff and we eventually get that sweet sweet coop

The Lamp

it really isn't when blind firing and you cant aim it even from afar and still hit.

Yes it is still risky because you need to get relatively close to blindfire effectively with pistole.

The people who complain are the masses....

They do only play the game at its peak and then stop because the unbalanced mess is a turn off.

Then you're left with 'the rest of us' ; ie small player base sans 'the people who play at its peak'.

If the main concerns were addressed quickly then a lot more players would stay during peak rather than think 'god this is gash, best move on'. You'd think ND would have learned prompt actions keep players; but no they're making the same mistake as U3. The mode most want (a simple basic mode without the superfluous garbage such as downs, revives, magical Jesus circles of healing, hunters, brutes, and other AI controlled gunk) will probably be added much too late.

It's already late. But with every passing day more and more players get lost.

How do you objectively know the mode most players want? Are you analyzing data for their marketing team?

We can debate all day but the one constant is that mines will forever be trash garbage for trash garbage players

Hunters are also right on the edge because they're annoying as hell but not AS dumb

I don't even reject the new additions outright, and like I said before I really don't think Classic Mode in UC4 will be that great with these boring maps, but holy hell Mines and Hunters are asshole tactics.

Like if you defend them you've made an enemy out of me. We're at that point right now.

White hot rage. Salt overflow.

Raxus

Finally done, collected all the vanity items. Fuck this game spoon feeding unlocks to you one at a time at the very end I had to open 18 chests with a singular skin.

The Lamp

We can debate all day but the one constant is that mines will forever be trash garbage for trash garbage players

Hunters are also right on the edge because they're annoying as hell but not AS dumb

I don't even reject the new additions outright, and like I said before I really don't think Classic Mode in UC4 will be that great with these boring maps, but holy hell Mines and Hunters are asshole tactics.

Like if you defend them you've made an enemy out of me. We're at that point right now.

White hot rage. Salt overflow.

I feel like I'm not killed by mines nearly as often as others are lol

TripOpt55

I can't even remember the last time I got killed by a mine, but I still find them annoying as hell. It just slows down a game that should be played faster and promote movement. I have to stop to shoot them out too much. I have to check certain hotspots. And my teammates never seem to see them. The other day I revived a teammate. As I stood up I saw a mine a bit in front of us. I went to shoot it out but before I could my teammate ran right over it and I had to revive them again straight away.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Finally done, collected all the vanity items. Fuck this game spoon feeding unlocks to you one at a time at the very end I had to open 18 chests with a singular skin.

Yeah, that's just how skins and pre-sets work. Only one of either, with extras being in the form of smaller cosmetics. Once you run out of the latter, you only get the former in the same amounts as before.

Top Bottom