• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Foxxsoxx

The reductions to the Aegis were very minor. It was over performing a bit for a 0 LP weapon.

I don't really think it needed any tweaks honestly. I understand the reasoning but for just 1 more LP the Para destroys the Aegis and feels amazing to use.

It definitely won't keep me up at night but I did think it was odd, especially considering the Jackal is 0LP now.

Overall though the update is great and the changes are definitely for the better.

QTrain

Neo Member
Our stats showed the Raffica and Jackal were under performing and were used the least (besides the Bishai but that's weapon is very niche) among all pistols so they received buffs. The Aegis actually has a higher rate of fire than the Para and still does. According to our TTK and efficiency stats, the Aegis was just a little too good for 0 LP.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Our stats showed the Raffica and Jackal were under performing and were used the least (besides the Bishai but that's weapon is very niche) among all pistols so they received buffs. The Aegis actually has a higher rate of fire than the Para and still does. According to our TTK and efficiency stats, the Aegis was just a little too good for 0 LP.

All right, well we'll see.

Kinda wondering what your stats say about the Mazur for it to have undergone no changes. Maybe there is a community of AKyemeni-like players that I just don't know about.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm not surprised about the jackal. I think the Raffica may put some off because it's burst. It only really got me into trouble if it was a close quarters fight, though. Interesting info. Thanks for the insight.

Foxxsoxx

The Aegis has a higher ROF? Huh I thought the two graphs showed them having the same. I guess it might have been an error just horrible eyesight.

Really looking forward to new maps coming, hoping they're more vertical than ever.

And I know it's off topic but do you guys ever plan on doing LABs again? The community loves that sort of stuff.

WinFonda

Did Aegis get buffed recently, post-launch, prior to this nerf? I used it early on at launch and in the beta and everything about it seemed worse than the Para .45. But I used it the other day and noticed it had the same time to kill, which I thought was weird.

I'll try out the Jackal in a bit. For a weapon that has the potential to 2 or 3 shot people, I think 0 LP along with these buffs might be a little too good. We'll see.

I am somewhere near
New Devon
, and all I want to say is that I want a special edition of this game that entirely cuts out any and all vehicular sections. I loathe them. Hate hate hate. Just let me watch a cutscene and skip over them.

That is all.

there's an encounter select

which probably doesn't work how you want it to

this is also the multiplayer thread

WarWolf

Not sure if anyone posted this but I was messing around in Share Factory and saw these stickers. Icons for two mysticals and one gear.

PSGX45I.jpg

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Jackal feels great now, especially for a 0 LP pistol. Don't know if I can say the same for the Spezzotti yet, but will continue to play around with it some more.

Majin Boo

The patch messed up my boosters, I have to unlock all of them again (I can still use the ones I had equipped before the patch), is this supposed to happen or is it just me?

the blindfiring Nerf hasnt stopped it, still finding people who only blindfire and do it with the Stoner and sniper rifles.They should od only nerfed it more for when moving so in cover you still stand a chance.

Foxxsoxx

the blindfiring Nerf hasnt stopped it, still finding people who only blindfire and do it with the Stoner and sniper rifles.They should od only nerfed it more for when moving so in cover you still stand a chance.

It wasn't meant to stop it, just make it slightly less effective, which I think it has done.

WinFonda

Not sure if anyone posted this but I was messing around in Share Factory and saw these stickers. Icons for two mysticals and one gear.

ooh, that's interesting. Looks like they might be adding at least 1 new defensive mystical and gear, I'm a fan of the more defensive oriented stuff. Elephant icon got me stumped.

Hey, psssst

We need a classic mode. pass it on

"Update to Network messaging"

Sounds vague to me... anyone care to explain this one?

I hope it's not the 3rd white plug nerf. :S

I can't access the customization menu. It just boots me back to the main MP screen. I didn't try restarting the game.

Also the Fal and Mettler feel much better. Blindfire is a tad bit worse now as someone tried blindfiring me in cover and couldn't hit me but as far as up close blindfire it's not too bad.

The shotgun though is terrible still.

WinFonda

Hey, psssst

We need a classic mode. pass it on
Honestly I would prefer, instead of a classic mode, is a pre-match vote to enable/disable sidekicks... much like the vote U3 had to enable or disable the map intros. To me this is better than a specific mode that will more than likely fall out of favor because it simplifies the game to extremely detrimental degrees (custom games/scrims with 'classic' settings suck)

Sidekicks are simply the most anti-competitive addition to the core game and I don't know that I've ever seen anyone defend or speak fondly of them. A vote potentially resolves the #1 problem competitive players have with the game and could apply across all modes on a match by match basis.

Honestly I would prefer, instead of a classic mode, is a pre-match vote to enable/disable sidekicks... much like the vote U3 had to enable or disable the map intros. To me this is better than a specific mode that will more than likely fall out of favor because it simplifies the game to extremely detrimental degrees (custom games/scrims with 'classic' settings suck)

Sidekicks are simply the most anti-competitive addition to the core game and I don't know that I've ever seen anyone defend or speak fondly of them. A vote potentially resolves the #1 problem competitive players have with the game and could apply across all modes on a match by match basis.

eh, id prefer an entirely separate mode where people who prefer the way UC2 played can gather. I'm talking about more than just sidekicks when I say classic.
-Weapon pick ups around the maps. (everyone starts with just an AK and a pistol)
-Grenades respawn with you
-No mysticals
-No sidekicks
-Possibly no downs either... but I wouldn't be upset if they were included

There are plenty of people who just want more of what UC2 offered and since the collection didnt include MP, we're kind of fucked. Probably wont happen... but it would be nice

e8ajuneganug5oof9blw.gif

~

And what if someone has sidekick loadouts? Wasted LPs?

I remember people asking for NPCs in TLOU MP... obviously the PS3 CPU/RAM couldn't handle them, so they did it in UC4 MP.

Multiple times now a game has started and a teammate has gone and hidden in a corner of the map and has spent the entire game not playing at all. I can only assume they're friends with people on the other team and they are trying to hurt ours by making it 5 vs 4. It's pathetic and these people need to get banned.

Multiple times now a game has started and a teammate has gone and hidden in a corner of the map and has spent the entire game not playing at all. I can only assume they're friends with people on the other team and they are trying to hurt ours by making it 5 vs 4. It's pathetic and these people need to get banned.
People need to get banned because ND still cannot fix party splits after 7 years (June 2009 - 1st UC2 MP beta)? Nice one.

Just be glad they're not boosting stuff (too easy thanks to Party Chat) or bringing the idol to the opponents chest...

WinFonda

eh, id prefer an entirely separate mode where people who prefer the way UC2 played can gather. I'm talking about more than just sidekicks when I say classic.
-Weapon pick ups around the maps. (everyone starts with just an AK and a pistol)
-Grenades respawn with you
-No mysticals
-No sidekicks
-Possibly no downs either... but I wouldn't be upset if they were included

There are plenty of people who just want more of what UC2 offered and since the collection didnt include MP, we're kind of fucked. Probably wont happen... but it would be nice
Sure, but you're already running into the issue where people have different ideas of what classic is and what rules to have. I think removing downs is a huge mistake because so much of the design and weapon balance wraps around that mechanic but some people would still ask to exclude it because hurr durr U2 didn't have it.

Nade on spawn (and as pick ups?) would mean more nades being thrown in general, and nades are pretty powerful in U4. They're easier to throw accurately and have a generous kill radius. Nade on spawn would empower death a lot and cause fewer gunfights to happen. So I'd still prefer the timer... it's not classic, but honestly... it's better.

At the end of the day whatever ruleset they came up with would only apply to a singular mode (TDM; and there's already two TDM playlists) so unless it's absolutely perfect with a ton of specific fine tuning; I don't think it'd be a worthy mode addition or have longevity. They tried classic in U3 also and ran into the same issues; it's just a huge can of worms.

And hell, if they put that much tuning into it... at that point why even have it be mode specific, it could just be the new ruleset for all modes. I'd love to play Team Objective/Plunder with weapon pickups. I mean, back when I played U2 it was more than just TDM at any rate, so classic would never be truly classic for me.

Since it seems like this thing that's destined to not work out and too hard to add after the fact (lets face it, if they wanted the game to play like U2 or U3 it would), I'd just prefer enhancements that could apply to the game generally.

WinFonda

And what if someone has sidekick loadouts? Wasted LPs?

I remember people asking for NPCs in TLOU MP... obviously the PS3 CPU/RAM couldn't handle them, so they did it in UC4 MP.
I don't know why anyone would have all sidekick loadouts.

But yeah, sidekick loadouts would be a waste in a match where sidekicks were voted off. I suppose they could replace the sidekick in your loadout with a random item of the same LP cost as long as it's not a second mystical or heavy weapon or whatever, but that's a little more complicated and not exactly necessary.

It's not game breaking in the least (there's also few boosters that revolve around sidekicks), you'd just see more mysticals and heavy weapons in their place.

I'm not even convinced this game will be as fun as UC2 with a Classic mode tbh. The maps are just not interesting enough.

Getting Team Objective back in the mix is much, much more important IMO.

Getting Team Objective back in the mix is much, much more important IMO.
Agreed. TO should have Turf War (I hate it that they call it "Command", not to mention that Captain -aka Marked Man- is a covert Powerplay from UC3 TDM), Chain Reaction, King of the Hill and no TDM.

Plunder also needs a total revamp. It's by far the most bland mode.

Also, bring medals back...

Top Bottom