• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I feel like I'm not killed by mines nearly as often as others are lol

1 mine death or 1 mine disarm per day is 1 mine too many.

Their presence anywhere on the map is annoying and makes no sense. Even when I shoot them I'm seething, especially if I miss because the hitbox is small gotdammit oajbojfbaeyifiwevbif :mad:

WaterAstro

Five fucking Plunder match for the Challenge. Five times there are one or more AFKs just to get the Challenge done.

Challenges are shit.

TripOpt55

I don't like when the challenges make me do something that is too far out of my playstyle, so I just change them when something odd comes up I don't want to do. Worth the 50 relics for me to just not have to deal with the headache. I'll eventually unlock everything anyway.

I don't like when the challenges make me do something that is too far out of my playstyle, so I just change them when something odd comes up I don't want to do. Worth the 50 relics for me to just not have to deal with the headache. I'll eventually unlock everything anyway.

I do the same thing. Generally, the challenge I pick is worth more relics than the old one, so I either break even or come out ahead.

Keihart

If you only play TDM or ranked, then you won't see the problem.

I played against a full team using hunters, pistols and mines at the same time, it was not fun and it was TDM. it's pretty hard to move around with all that shit combined.

I don't get downed that often by mines either, they are just annoying in my opinion.

Explosive awareness level 3 makes them super tolerable but i still don't get why they are even a thing in the game....but i don't understand a lot of the shit added to the game so... :V

The people who always complain the most are the people who will only play the game at its peak and then ruin it for the rest of us who continue to play the game years after it's out.
Haha, word. I hope ND learned their lesson. I had to abandon UC3 MP after that awful "balancing" patch that messed up booster slots
(thanks FN community)

Five fucking Plunder match for the Challenge. Five times there are one or more AFKs just to get the Challenge done.

Challenges are shit.
Trust me, UC3 missions were worse (time-based). Not to mention the horrible UC3 "tournament" system (what a shitty way to introduce pay2win microtransactions). I hope it stays in its grave. Just like Revenge/Martyrdom.

~

Regarding mines, I already see people evolving their strategies, like putting double mines in entrances (former TLOU veterans? lol).

I also see people figuring out camping spots... the metagame is definitely evolving.

Grinchy

Banned
The last 2 times I've played, I switched from AK+Mines to FAL+Grenades. I was shocked at the fact that I didn't remember seeing any mines (enemy or team) in like 6+ hours of gametime. It makes it hard for me to sympathize with the minewhine that goes on in here.

ShutterMunster

That's what I assumed but he posted in this very thread that it was a direct hit on him. We may just be mistaken, but I've definitely hit people head on with a rocket and not downed them, though I've also hit people with a rocket when they were weakened by fire (but not downed) and they seemingly went straight to KO, perhaps thanks to a nearby mine or something.

It's the splash damage that's the real problem. It's also super jarring coming from games like DOOM and HALO 5 where if you shoot a rocket at someone's feet, hell at two opponents feet, they're both going down. If I direct hit you with a rocket and you're RIGHT NEXT to someone that should be two downs. The splash damage on the rocket is embarrassingly low. It's a premium weapon you have to pay $700 for, it should be better than it is.

I'll post a video snippet sometime tomorrow for the PIs in this thread shouting "proof" ��

It doesn't matter if you get killed by 1 mine or 1,000, they are they complete antithesis to the concept of Uncharted multiplayer.

The game was built around movement, mobility, agility -- to introduce something with the sole purpose of grinding that concept to a screeching halt is fucking moronic.

It's the splash damage that's the real problem. It's also super jarring coming from games like DOOM and HALO 5 where if you shoot a rocket at someone's feet, hell at two opponents feet, they're both going down. If I direct hit you with a rocket and you're RIGHT NEXT to someone that should be two downs. The splash damage on the rocket is embarrassingly low. It's a premium weapon you have to buy $700 bucks for, it should be better than it is.

I'll post a video snippet sometime tomorrow for the PIs in this thread shouting "proof" 🙄
It could also be lag compensation kicking in, i.e. your opponent is not really where you think he is. It also happened in previous games, even in TLOU with molotovs.

They also nerfed the white plug, so you know how that goes...

ShutterMunster

It doesn't matter if you get killed by 1 mine or 1,000, they are they complete antithesis to the concept of Uncharted multiplayer.

The game was built around movement, mobility, agility -- to introduce something with the sole purpose of grinding that concept to a screeching halt is fucking moronic.

I haven't had much issue with mines, but I do think that their inclusion is a bit strange for the same reason. COD did something similar with Claymores and C4. I don't quite get the reasoning behind it.

AKyemeni

mZg1op.gif

They're easily avoidable tho, just roll/jump everytime you hear the "oh shit" speech from your character, you'll be able to skip the down and sometimes even the stun. They are a just a test for your reaction speed.

MAX PAYMENT

It seems to me that the only genuinely useful sidekick is the brute. If I put a brute down next to me I can hold a command point solo for a while.

I haven't tried any mods on the savior one yet but he seems decent.

Sniper I haven't seen anyone use it well.

Hunter can be easily countered with a long gun burst to the face. Everyone kills my hunter before he even gets a grab 90% of the time.

They're easily avoidable tho, just roll/jump everytime you hear the "oh shit" speech from your character, you'll be able to skip the down and sometimes even the stun. They are a just a test for your reaction speed.

You don't understand.

The player should not have to interrupt their actions of moving, running, jumping, climbing, traversing, or escaping for even one-tenth of a second to avoid and/or destroy some beeping turd another player shat out of their ass with incredible skill and tactical thinking.

If you don't understand that, you don't understand Uncharted MP.

It seems to me that the only genuinely useful sidekick is the brute. If I put a brute down next to me I can hold a command point solo for a while.

Hunter can be easily countered with a long gun burst to the face. Everyone kills my hunter before he even gets a grab 90% of the time.

Saviors are solid. They're not costly and they're good for having another body on the field as a distraction and can help save some KO's. They can be a bit finicky while reviving downs sometimes tho, I once killed a downed guy when I was downed by continuously crawling between him and the savior who was trying to revive him lol.

Yeah, that's just how skins and pre-sets work. Only one of either, with extras being in the form of smaller cosmetics. Once you run out of the latter, you only get the former in the same amounts as before.

Not true. Before I got down to the last 18, specifically in the beginning, I would get 2 or sometimes 3 pre-set outfits or skins in one chest. But once I got to 18 it was 1 by 1.

The hunter sidekick seems useless.

Every time I use him he gets demolished.

Have him follow you until you see an enemy and then switch to Hunt. You'll destroy people.

Nice little pulldown I did from a rope jump. Used the brute as a decoy and for cover fire and it worked perfectly. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMNrm_UiI8

You wouldn't even have to have used the Brute if you had better aim!

Saviors are solid. They're not costly and they're good for having another body on the field as a distraction and can help save some KO's. They can be a bit finicky while reviving downs sometimes tho, I once killed a downed guy when I was downed by continuously crawling between him and the savior who was trying to revive him lol.

The Savior is excellent; the only downside is you give away your position when using it. Same goes for the Hunter but since it's an attacking Sidekick it's not as big of a deal.

Didnt realize they had a balance patch

Good to see Cintimani cost more. It didnt need to be nerfed as an ability, just readjusted. I still think it will be too popular, and that's mostly due to the fact that el dorado still feels too situational.

I'm disappointed they made the full revive mod cost more. It's already punishing enough to use so many loadout points for a full revive, and it's completely possible to whiff Cintimani uses.

I notice good variety with the staff, eternity, and cintimani, but El Dorado deserves to feel a little more useful. With the eye of eternity, it seems like a second tier mystical choice.

Mine nerf is great.

Didnt realize they had a balance patch

Good to see Cintimani cost more. It didnt need to be nerfed as an ability, just readjusted. I still think it will be too popular, and that's mostly due to the fact that el dorado still feels too situational.

I'm disappointed they made the full revive mod cost more. It's already punishing enough to use so many loadout points for a full revive, and it's completely possible to whiff Cintimani uses.

I notice good variety with the staff, eternity, and cintimani, but El Dorado deserves to feel a little more useful. With the eye of eternity, it seems like a second tier mystical choice.

Mine nerf is great.

I've modded my El Dorado to mark any player it hits. Makes it plenty useful, plus I get bonuses for marking and any enemy that's downed whilst marked.
I also modded my brute to mark anyone it hits too. Such useful abilities.

Do custom skins not work on hero weapons? I use Sam's Para and it looks like a normal Para even if I put a skin on it.
Anyone else have this problem?

You don't understand.

The player should not have to interrupt their actions of moving, running, jumping, climbing, traversing, or escaping for even one-tenth of a second to avoid and/or destroy some beeping turd another player shat out of their ass with incredible skill and tactical thinking.

If you don't understand that, you don't understand Uncharted MP.

Ehm... why? Because you say so?

Avoiding a triggered mine is not any different than your usual moving, running, jumping etc. when you can just roll backward/sideways.

Avoiding a triggered mine is not any different than your usual moving, running, jumping etc. when you can just roll backward/sideways.

Mines have never been in Uncharted MP and it completely changes the way you play. You have to be on the lookout for something that forces you to play differently than the maps want you to. Want to swing around on the ropes? Better check your landing spot first before you jump off (kills your rope momentum and/or requires a re-swing). Want to go down that slide to flank an enemy? If there's a mine on the slide, it's not happening.

So you're either forced to abandon the fast-paced, traversal gameplay, a hallmark of Uncharted for six years, or equip a booster specifically designed for mines and C4. Is it possible because you're given 26 LP to work with? Absolutely. Would the game have been better off without them, or adjustments to them? Absolutely.

- Grenades: If you throw one, your location is exposed, or your throw could miss. Risk/reward.
- Smoke bomb: If you throw one, your location is exposed. Risk/reward.
- C4: If you want to get a down, you have to be near it. Risk/reward.
- Mines: If you place one, you can go clear to the other side of the map or to your teammates with no consequences. The only downside is the enemy might be revived by a teammate.

A fair compromise would be something like if you down someone with a mine, the enemy is marked only to you and you have to KO them within 15 seconds or the KO doesn't count (they still die but it counts as a suicide instead). Or, you get the KO but no cash. Something can change and still keep mines in the game but make it more in step with how Uncharted is supposed to play.

you cant dodge the mines if you triggered the mine due to another movement like climbing, jumping, rolling.

the mines should nerfed even more like aiming at them with the help of auto aim

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

Have you played command at all? Sometimes you can't avoid them whatsoever even when your character alerts you and even when you do manage to dodge away, you'll still take ridiculous damage.

They have no place in this MP at all. It ruins the flow of everything.

No Love

Banned
Just went 14-1 on a random team deathmatch game. Rolled those guys 40-11, wasn't even fair.

Yeah and mines need a nerf, they're so annoying right now. MP34a is insane too, damage and accuracy is so good that even when people get the jump on me and hit me 1-2 times I can still outshoot them without getting downed.

Anyone wanna play Ranked?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What is everyone's favorite primary weapon?
I don't think I have one because I love using all the weapons. I'm working on unlocking the hero weapons for most of them. Finished AK, Para, and Shotgun so far. I at least have the first few hero weapons on all the other guns. I think all the guns are viable in the right hands which is something I think ND got right in this game.

Top Bottom