• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Kind of disappointed it only comes with one new map.

I hope they at least create a playlist for the map for a few days, but I'm not counting on it.

I don't understand how no one is talking about this: The Aim acceleration needs a slider.

It is way too high and no matter what sensitivity I put it at, it's too fast and makes aiming horizontally a nightmare. If I aim and shoot, the recoil of the gun and movement of the enemy makes it hard to track them as if you aim over the accleration kicks in and throws me off.

This is the only TPS game I've played with this issue besides Max Payne 3 but that had a aim accleration slider. It's making it annoying to play to be quite honest. I'm shocked no one is mentioning this.

I don't understand how no one is talking about this: The Aim acceleration needs a slider.

It is way too high and no matter what sensitivity I put it at, it's too fast and makes aiming horizontally a nightmare. If I aim and shoot, the recoil of the gun and movement of the enemy makes it hard to track them as if you aim over the accleration kicks in and throws me off.

This is the only TPS game I've played with this issue besides Max Payne 3 but that had a aim accleration slider. It's making it annoying to play to be quite honest. I'm shocked no one is mentioning this.
It took ND 7 years to add a shoulder swap memory setting... just sayin'.

Well seeing as you're mentioning this for the first time seven weeks after launch, what does that say about the severity of the problem?

I've noticed it since day one. I saw an update a week after launch that mentioned it having been a minor fix and assumed it was just me not being good anymore but I have absolutely no problem tracking enemies in any other game except this one. The game feels "off" no matter what my setting is. The aim speed is WAY too fast, like 2/3 feels like high sensitivity from UC2/3. Combine that with the acceleration that kicks in and it's really annoying to use guns like the Mettler/FAL.

Grinchy

Banned
I've noticed it since day one. I saw an update a week after launch that mentioned it having been a minor fix and assumed it was just me not being good anymore but I have absolutely no problem tracking enemies in any other game except this one. The game feels "off" no matter what my setting is. The aim speed is WAY too fast, like 2/3 feels like high sensitivity from UC2/3. Combine that with the acceleration that kicks in and it's really annoying to use guns like the Mettler/FAL.

This will sound crazy to most, but I think it's the default PS4 analog sticks. They are so tight and they don't stick to your thumbs. So it makes me push harder on the stick than I want to.

I always put Xbox One sticks in my PS4 controllers. I got a new controller a couple weeks ago, and I noticed immediately how strange and jerky the aiming felt in this game before I put the new Xbox sticks in.

This will sound crazy to most, but I think it's the default PS4 analog sticks. They are so tight and they don't stick to your thumbs. So it makes me push harder on the stick than I want to.

I always put Xbox One sticks in my PS4 controllers. I got a new controller a couple weeks ago, and I noticed immediately how strange and jerky the aiming felt in this game before I put the new Xbox sticks in.

Nah, it's not the analog sticks. I played UC1-3 on the remaster right before playing UC4 and I had no problems tracking enemies and whatnot. It's UC4's aim acceleration. It's exactly the same problem I had in Max Payne 3 but that game had a aim acceleration slider which fixed the problem for me. I'll most point blank shots because moving left to right throws off aiming since the reticule will speed up once you start moving the sticks.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I hope the update includes a salute or bow "taunt." I miss being able to thank my teammates with a gesture as in TLoU.

How is ranked matchmaking supposed to work?

I'm bronze, I befriended a couple of players while playing solo and we couldn't party up, because they're gold.

This is horseshit.

Christos

How is ranked matchmaking supposed to work?

I'm bronze, I befriended a couple of players while playing solo and we couldn't party up, because they're gold.

This is horseshit.

The fact that you have to have a three rank difference between a friend to party up is really shitty, but I guess they did it to balance matchmaking, now if it worked that's another thing.

The fact that you have to have a three rank difference between a friend to party up is really shitty, but I guess they did it to balance matchmaking, now if it worked that's another thing.
It's not balanced at all. I know people who derank themselves on purpose to play together.

This is almost as bad as the UC3 "tournament" mode. It's probably the same sadist designer behind these modes.

ps: If I'm Bronze, why am I supposed to be playing with Gold ones?

Christos

It's not balanced at all. I know people who derank themselves on purpose to play together.

This is almost as bad as the UC3 "tournament" mode. It's probably the same sadist designer behind these modes.

ps: If I'm Bronze, why am I supposed to be playing with Gold ones?

Let's hope the upcoming update brings some very needed changes to Ranked.

Do you play Ranked Team Deathmatch in #Uncharted4 MP? Relic bonuses based on yr rank when 1.08 drops Weds, June 29!
Cl_up8OWYAAbWUe.jpg

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/747578470167904257

is that it? qtrain pls

Who the fuck plays ranked TDM and goes AFK?

cost me a qualifier game because we lost by 3 kills with some asshole AFK most of the game.

Seriously, fuck that shitty mode, especially when AFK players don't get kicked out of the game for being idle, because they're getting killed before that. Who thought that was a good idea? Also, fuck their shitty tick rates, while we're at it, i'm really getiing sick of being downed half a second after clearing a corner.

There's a UI bug with mystical mod unlocks... even if you buy something with 200 relics, you'll still get that "11/125" progress meter after every match.

leng jai

Does any find the shoulder swapping to be a bit clunky and unresponsive? I only noticed once I started playing Battlefront again where it feels a lot snappier.

After 2 weeks of trying to love the multiplayer after finishing the story, I decided to sell my copy of Uncharted 4. I was constantly matched up with people who started multiplayer Day 1 and though I had some great matches, most of the time I would get crapped on because I didn't have of the slick weapons they did.

Something just felt off with this game, it saddened me to sell it but I just wasn't having fun

ThisOne

After 2 weeks of trying to love the multiplayer after finishing the story, I decided to sell my copy of Uncharted 4. I was constantly matched up with people who started multiplayer Day 1 and though I had some great matches, most of the time I would get crapped on because I didn't have of the slick weapons they did.

Something just felt off with this game, it saddened me to sell it but I just wasn't having fun
Starting weapons and gear are some of the best in the game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
ND needs better afk detection or a vote to kick option. 3 of the past four matches I had a guy who was afk for 90% of the round. Two of those matches were ranked qualifiers.

Top Bottom