• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Leaderboards aren't fixed, my stats are still super wrong. So annoying. Also, hilarious that DLC chests are 2-3k relics, which is clearly designed to have you spend all your accumulated relics from the last few weeks.

I expect people to be mad. What's the point of having a level if you cant show it off?

It will probably be put in next patch
The point is to have a sense of accomplishment. That's a personal thing.

Stacked parties of level 70 players will scare people away. That's a given. It has happened in UC2, UC3 and TLOU. Their e-penis is not more important than the matchmaking stability.

They can plaster screenshots everywhere though...

Wowbagger

Nice to see some changes to Indra's Eternity. I wish they'd limit active fields to one per player as well -- throw out another and your previous should instantly disappear.

Rajang

So let me get this straight. I need to pay 2000 relics just to have access to the DLC vanity items? Which then still cost 150 per chest? And 3000 more for the premium DLC vanity items? And 3000 again for the DLC gameplay chest?

: /

Wabba

This has to be the slowest download i have ever downloaded from PSN. I have a super fast net, but this is downloading in 100 kb/s. Is anybody else having problem?

Shredderi

So let me get this straight. I need to pay 2000 relics just to have access to the DLC vanity items? Which then still cost 150 per chest? And 3000 more for the premium DLC vanity items? And 3000 again for the DLC gameplay chest?

: /

Whaat? I thought my 4.3k relics would go a long way when the patch came.

For season 2, I'm looking to form a small group of players (5-10) who regularly play ranked together. Would anyone else like to join?

No skill requirement, just need to be confident in your ability, always looking to improve and co-operative. Sick of playing with randoms, and I do not like grabbing random players who I see online, and pulling them into ranked unaware of how they play, communicate, etc. I would like to build synergy with a more regular team.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Left my PS4 in rest mode overnight, and it didn't download the update at all. It's barely downloading. :/

lazypants

For season 2, I'm looking to form a small group of players (5-10) who regularly play ranked together. Would anyone else like to join?

No skill requirement, just need to be confident in your ability, always looking to improve and co-operative. Sick of playing with randoms, and I do not like grabbing random players who I see online, and pulling them into ranked unaware of how they play, communicate, etc. I would like to build synergy with a more regular team.

I'm down to play. PSN: Bruschi143

If anyone wants someone to play with tonight I'll be on so feel free to add me.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So how do I get my Triple Pack dlc?
It's supposed to be unlocked automatically for you.

Yeah, mine isn't working either. Which makes me reluctant to spend any money on chests, in fear that I'll get a duplicate. Feeling pretty burned by this season pass, to be honest....

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The dlc chest costs make it painfully obvious they weren't hitting uncharted points sales goals.

And fuck that, "you have new opportunities to earn relics" excuse. It will still feel like a free to play game grind.

I want the P90 but I have to get lucky threw a DLC gameplay chest which cost 3000 relics. I also don't have money to buy it.
giphy.gif

The dlc chest costs make it painfully obvious they weren't hitting uncharted points sales goals.

And fuck that, "you have new opportunities to earn relics" excuse. It will still feel like a free to play game grind.

Ill take it over paid map dlc any day

Everything available is obtainable without spending money. It's no different than any other game that has unlocks at higher levels. Those are grinds too, everything from COD to Battlefield.

Yet those still charge for maps and fracture communities

Not only is everything attainable, but you get lots of relics. You can like 200-300 on challenges a day, and now they give you some more for leveling.

It all feels fine to me. If this was the old way of doing things, we'd be paying for maps and weapons. This alternative method is much preferred

I think it's a poor perspective to see this as f2p as if it's a bad thing. It's an optional method of what you otherwise had to pay money for.

Shredderi

Lol I was really looking forward to the DLC pack so I can get some new vanity content and the like and I stopped playing a few weeks ago for Overwatch and was looking into getting back to this and then I see bullshit like the new vanity chest costing 2000 relics :D The skins and the items and the outfits look good but it's painfully obvious that they weren't hitting their uncharted point goals when they increased the chest prices over ten fucking times. Their new way to earn relics doesn't seem to compensate for the increased cost of chests. The way it's now it seems like you could buy maybe one chest once a week. I don't believe I'll be returning to the game after all :D Thank god I didn't go for the season pass.

Ill take it over paid map dlc any day

Everything available is obtainable without spending money. It's no different than any other game that has unlocks at higher levels. Those are grinds too, everything from COD to Battlefield.

Yet those still charge for maps and fracture communities

Not only is everything attainable, but you get lots of relics. You can like 200-300 on challenges a day, and now they give you some more for leveling.

It all feels fine to me. If this was the old way of doing things, we'd be paying for maps and weapons. This alternative method is much preferred

I think it's a poor perspective to see this as f2p as if it's a bad thing. It's an optional method of what you otherwise had to pay money for.
Agreed.

They will eventually release a F2P client and that's not even a bad thing (as long as it released before TLOU2 MP comes out). F2P games don't even require a PS+ subscription.

Lol I was really looking forward to the DLC pack so I can get some new vanity content and the like and I stopped playing a few weeks ago for Overwatch and was looking into getting back to this and then I see bullshit like the new vanity chest costing 2000 relics :D The skins and the items and the outfits look good but it's painfully obvious that they weren't hitting their uncharted point goals when they increased the chest prices over ten fucking times. Their new way to earn relics doesn't seem to compensate for the increased cost of chests. The way it's now it seems like you could buy maybe one chest once a week. I don't believe I'll be returning to the game after all :D Thank god I didn't go for the season pass.

Yeah the new costs are absolutely insane. I knew the costs would definitely go up but its ridiculous. I had 8k saved up and opened 4 chests and got generic masks and got one preset. I don't really care about cosmetics too much but the fact that the weapons and boosters are also locked in the 2k chests is pretty scummy. I thought you'd for sure be able to unlock them through gameplay(kills/uses/levels) but the only two options are RNG DLC chest or pay up.

No thanks.

Yeah the new costs are absolutely insane. I knew the costs would definitely go up but its ridiculous. I had 8k saved up and opened 4 chests and got generic masks and got one preset. I don't really care about cosmetics too much but the fact that the weapons and boosters are also locked in the 2k chests is pretty scummy. I thought you'd for sure be able to unlock them through gameplay(kills/uses/levels) but the only two options are RNG DLC chest or pay up.

No thanks.

The other option is pay up.

I'll take "RNG DLC" without duplicates over season passes and pay only cosmetics.

jwk94

Whelp, decided to actually buy the Arrowhead weapon. Can't believe I bought it but it's too good to pass up. Now if only my DLC would work.

The download speed is brutal for me. It quickly went from 7 minutes to 4 hours. Downloaded 300MB in a good hour. >.<
In the meantime, how many items do you get form the DLC chests, same as the original chests (1-4 items)? DIdn't they say something on the stream about how it only takes 7 (dlc vanity?) chests to get everything?

Now that I think of it, maybe they could show levels in public only in the final scoreboard.

Maybe this would encourage people to finish matches and not quit mid-match or in the pre-lobby screen...

ps: I swear if ND panders to them again and they make levels public the whole time, the next thing they'll ask for is stat cards a la UC3, lol.

The download speed is brutal for me. It quickly went from 7 minutes to 4 hours. Downloaded 300MB in a good hour. >.<
In the meantime, how many items do you get form the DLC chests, same as the original chests (1-4 items)? DIdn't they say something on the stream about how it only takes 7 (dlc vanity?) chests to get everything?

Perhaps, delete and retry the download - it work for me.
DLC chest was 3 items. I got two ugly ass weapon skin and Eddy Prison Outfit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
MAJOR props to ND from me for making levels private. I didn't think they would do it, but man I am glad they did. There's already a thread in their forums of people complaining about this. What a fucking cesspool.

Yeah, I opened four chests and all I have left is two weapons and two boosters. I'm sure they'll unlock one by one though, meaning 12k more relics needed lol.

Also, the relic/points servers appear to be down. Says "Connecting..."

Pogonip

Neo Member
Triple Pack not working over here either. I really wanted to try out the new guns. Hopefully it's fixed quickly and not in a month's time.

I'm not spending my relics on the DLC chests at this moment... 2000 relics for the cheapest one. And you still earn only 10 relics for a match win lmao. Not including the relics from the one single daily challenges you get, that's 200 wins needed to purchase those.

Either drop the relic prices required to buy the chests or let us earn more relics from wins. We're starting to stray into the UC3 zone where nearly everything is going be microtransactions again if you want to unlock stuff this year.

Kalentan

Same, Triple Pack not working. Then again, is the store or anything working for anyone else? Cause all it says for my relics and uncharted points is: "Connecting..."

Top Bottom