• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

ThisOne

ND needs better afk detection or a vote to kick option. 3 of the past four matches I had a guy who was afk for 90% of the round. Two of those matches were ranked qualifiers.
Yeah, I've noticed this too. Time to kick for afk players should be reduced, especially in ranked games.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm disappointed that levels are public. They should have made them private. Can't wait for all the pre lobby quits and quits at the start of the match...

I'm really interested in seeing what balance changes have been made.

I hope they haven't messed with the secret best weapon that hardly anyone uses.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really interested in seeing what balance changes have been made.

I hope they haven't messed with the secret best weapon that hardly anyone uses.

Are you talking about the Mettler? Because I started using that recently and it's potentially the best gun in the game that I never see people using.

leng jai

Are you talking about the Mettler? Because I started using that recently and it's potentially the best gun in the game that I never see people using.

Seems to be back in vogue lately. I've been downed within a second against that thing so many times, it's absurd.

Mr Git

I nipped onto the store on my mate's PS4 to see if anything was up on this yet - noticed the Triple Pack has disappeared and there's now a different one available for the same price that includes just the single player DLC and about 3200 Naughty Dog points. Did something change with mp1 and mp2? I was literally gonna buy the triple pack tonight.

The Mettler is pretty good, but it's no Bishai. It's weird, I really hate sniper rifles in Uncharted, but I don't feel at all limited by the Bishai. Feels incredible at every range.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They just need to better balance the slow motion mod. It's the only problem with indra's eternity and it's really fucking annoying to deal... Wait, not deal with because there's no way you can deal with it right now. Regular indra is fine, slow motion mod is not.

The Ummah

Banned
So, I decided to attack A on my own during a Command game this evening.

https://youtu.be/3HozTNFg-D0

I was laughing the whole time. I wish I could've held it together and kept going.

I just saw the Idris Elba Eternity mystical discussion, and I have it in one class. I'm using it in this video. I always run solo, so if my team is at a point where we are getting dominated like we were, I'll bust it out to try to separate the opposition. In this case, I had to use it because of the melee fiends.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ran into a glitcher by the name of leroux_mcG who would purposefully glitch outside the map and snipe people in a command game. It was the same technique people used in past uncharted games....

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Finally passed my qualifier... then lost 3 games in a row (was the top player) and got demoted.

Ranked maybe isn't for me.

So the triple pack gets you the P90, Gifting Booster, Pirate Drake, Pirate Commodore hat, and Rubber Leg Taunt. What's weirder is this.

We will continue to hand pick content for inclusion in the Triple Pack for those who have already purchased it or those who purchase the Digital Deluxe version. The Triple Pack was a great launch offering, but we’ll soon be offering the Explorer’s Pack which includes the much anticipated single-player DLC and 3,200 Uncharted Points. This will provide players with even greater choice on which items they prefer to own. You’ll start seeing this roll out in the coming weeks.

I was thinking about buying the Triple Pack because I was going to get the DLC at some point, but I'm guessing I should hold off?

Caleranatior

Neo Member
I was thinking about buying the Triple Pack because I was going to get the DLC at some point, but I'm guessing I should hold off?

You can't actually buy the Triple Pack anymore, they've already replaced it with the Explorer's pack (single player DLC + 3200 Uncharted points). I wouldn't buy it yet though because I did, and haven't got my Uncharted points. Hoping they'll show up after the patch today.

Drencrom

The new Explorer pack is a pretty good deal if you're interested in the future singleplayer expansion and wants some ND coins (the 3200 coin pack costs nearly the same as the Explorer pack). I was thinking about getting this later closer to the release of the expansion but I might just bite now so that I can just get the new DLC weapons/boosters etc right from the start.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The new Explorer pack is a pretty good deal if you're interested in the future singleplayer expansion and wants some ND coins (the 3200 coin pack costs nearly the same as the Explorer pack). I was thinking about getting this later closer to the release of the expansion but I might just bite now so that I can just get the new DLC weapons/boosters etc right from the start.
Hmm, I might jump on it, too.
Is there a time for the update to go out?

You can't actually buy the Triple Pack anymore, they've already replaced it with the Explorer's pack (single player DLC + 3200 Uncharted points). I wouldn't buy it yet though because I did, and haven't got my Uncharted points. Hoping they'll show up after the patch today.

Yes you can, at least in North America. Conversely, the Explorer Pack isn't available in North America.

Grinchy

Banned
Finally passed my qualifier... then lost 3 games in a row (was the top player) and got demoted.

Ranked maybe isn't for me.

IMO the ranked sucks in this game. The qualifier thing just doesn't make any sense. And, as you point out, you can be in first place, dominating everyone you come across, and still rank down.

So you can either play with a set team every day and progress, or you can grind away for months in the hopes that you always play insanely well and just happen to get paired up with teammates who have some idea of how to play the game.

Strider

Downloaded the patch but the items that were supposed to come with my Triple Pack were still locked....Any one else have that issue?

About to head out but hopefully that's sorted when I get back...

I'm disappointed that levels are public. They should have made them private. Can't wait for all the pre lobby quits and quits at the start of the match...
http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/patch-1-08-022

"Added Leveling Up System
– Level XP is earned from end game score, completing matches and earning medals
– Level icon is only visible to friends and party members"

I don't understand why they were public in the Twitch stream... kinda misleading. Good call, ND.

WarWolf

Downloaded the patch but the items that were supposed to come with my Triple Pack were still locked....Any one else have that issue?

About to head out but hopefully that's sorted when I get back...

Yeah, same. As if I didn't regret buying the triple pack already.

http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/patch-1-08-022

"Added Leveling Up System
– Level XP is earned from end game score, completing matches and earning medals
– Level icon is only visible to friends and party members"

I don't understand why they were public in the Twitch stream... kinda misleading. Good call, ND.

Private match on stream

I expect people to be mad. What's the point of having a level if you cant show it off?

It will probably be put in next patch

Top Bottom