• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Ranked is absolutely hell right now. No people sticking together and instead running around like headless chickens. It doesn't even seem like they fixed the matching skill issue because some games are straight disasters and others are stale.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone else think they'll do double relic weekend soon since it's almost going to be 4th of July here in the US?

RS4-

lol, about to do the win 2 of 3 for moving to the next tier; first match, everyone gets black screened, then booted to lobby menu. I get a loss.

I know Im in the minority, but I just dont get how people are complaining about the 3K relic chests.

I mean, this is DLC. If it's cheap to get, no one will buy it, and it's not like you are entitled to the content. I dont mind grinding. I know it takes a long time, but none of the content is needed, except the gameplay stuff... which I think is attainable enough, or at least not must-have/pay to win... at least not yet.

It'd be nice if after the next DLC drop, they make this DLC stuff regular relic price.

Though I do feel the P90 will probably get some kind of adjustment.

I opened two 3K chests and got 4 items... 2 pistols and 2 boosters, which is crap, but the rest of the content is what I need-- mystical, primary guns, power weapon...

Don't care about the cosmetics, they can do whatever they want with that. Now, I just hope that they release enough maps, because that's all that makes this worth it for me. That and the chance to get gameplay items through grinding.

Anyways, what's so different between grinds like this and say, playing Battlefield/COD to level 60 to get the last gun? With this model, you are using some RNG, but it's not like the odds are against you. And it's not like you should be spending your relics all the time to begin with, especially if they continue to release more gameplay dlc. I know Im putting some relics aside exclusively for that.

Again, since this is post-launch DLC stuff, why complain when traditionally, this stuff would be behind a paywall? I know they are more expensive than before to purchase, but the grind is the optional approach. And since it's mostly cosmetic, none of the content is actually needed, or ruins the gameplay.

Is the issue that people would just like to buy the content for much cheaper rather than be put between a rock and a hard place?

------

i think a better option for ND would be to make costumes like the pirate stuff only purchasable through real money, while keeping the gameplay stuff as both, but making the relic requirements cheaper (1K-2K as opposed to 3K per chest).

I only got one, the heavy weapon sniper.

:(

Oh really? I opened 2.... and got 2... but they were the cheaper end products.

Im guessing the big things like weapons and mystical is 1 per chest? That's like 12K relics for the mystical, arrowhead, p90, and sniper. Did people who got those only get the one item?

If so, I take back my comment about 3K being fine... That does indeed sound super expensive. All gameplay stuff should be attainable within a reasonable amount, as I suspect more gameplay DLC will be added that overwhelms players.

Cant they make enough money through cosmetic stuff? I think a lot of fans would just pay up for the pirate costumes. I wouldnt mind if I couldnt RNG them

farmerboy

And I'm rather shite and play like a total spud. I rarely score over a 1000 pts.

But in GAF I trust.

What are the three most important things or tactics I should try to get better at? Apart from, like, git gud ;-)

Because I'm rather fond of this game and would like to be a bit better at it :-(

And I'm rather shite and play like a total spud. I rarely score over a 1000 pts.

But in GAF I trust.

What are the three most important things or tactics I should try to get better at? Apart from, like, git gud ;-)

Because I'm rather fond of this game and would like to be a bit better at it :-(
Roll a lot, stick with your team, revive teammates whenever possible.

Those three tactics usually keep me alive, and I'd say my average points are around 3,000 per match.

Josh378

Man, P90 needs to go. That gun win you every 1v1...thats BS. Needs a damage nerf, rediculously overpowering gun. 90% of my games was vs party. NG needs to change matchmaking...im starting to dislike multiplayer now.

Is it just me or that P90 is absolutely broken? I can't for the life of me beat anyone using it close range to medium range. That clip size and rate of fire is so high that the XCR is no match for it. I thought the blindfire accuracy was toned down since Uncharted 3, but this P90 literally proved me wrong. It also sounds absolutely disgusting and every time I hear it, I run for the other direction.

I don't even know how they can balance it. The main draws of the P90 in all shooters are its clip size and rate of fire. Even if you lower the damage, accuracy and increase its recoil, people will just blindfire nonstop and it will become this games KAL 7.

I feel like this gun was a mistake. I quite like the others, but the P90 literally breaks games right now. There's literally no counter to someone using it besides keeping your distance, which doesn't help in such close quarters fights.

But in GAF I trust.

Stick in a group, revive your teammates so that they return the favor and pick a gun you're comfortable with a stick with it. All the guns are good, and honestly just sticking with one and unlocking its mods can help you improve your aiming, reaction speed and work around your limits. Also take cover and don't be afraid to climb stuff. Having a height advantage can help you win gun fights.

Best wishes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If you're struggling with the game, maybe you can be the team's medic. A lot of people don't heal in this game whatsoever or revive them. if you're not really good at getting downs and KO's, your team can benefit from your revive skills/medic bags so stick with them! I'm so disappointed that a lot of people don't use helping hand 3 in TDM. I guess most people are selfish and don't realize that denying the enemy team of KO's win TDM matches...

farmerboy

Roll a lot, stick with your team, revive teammates whenever possible.

Those three tactics usually keep me alive, and I'd say my average points are around 3,000 per match.

Stick in a group, revive your teammates so that they return the favor and pick a gun you're comfortable with a stick with it. All the guns are good, and honestly just sticking with one and unlocking its mods can help you improve your aiming, reaction speed and work around your limits. Also take cover and don't be afraid to climb stuff. Having a height advantage can help you win gun fights.

Best wishes.

If you're struggling with the game, maybe you can be the team's medic. A lot of people don't heal in this game whatsoever or revive them. if you're not really good at getting downs and KO's, your team can benefit from your revive skills/medic bags so stick with them! I'm so disappointed that a lot of people don't use helping hand 3 in TDM. I guess most people are selfish and don't realize that denying the enemy team of KO's win TDM matches...

Thanks guys. Some food for thought.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't know what they changed with the shotgun, but it still doesn't seem very good. Sometimes I can down in two blasts. Sometimes it takes all four.

SSReborn

Weird bug I noticed playing with a friend but if you have your L2 and R2 swapped with your L1 and R1 and use the new mystical, it won't work at all and you won't be able to use it to teleport on a teammate.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I don't know what they changed with the shotgun, but it still doesn't seem very good. Sometimes I can down in two blasts. Sometimes it takes all four.

They increased its range (not sure by how much) and its headshot damage multiplier. I agree, it's still not very good.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Thanks guys. Some food for thought.

Big thing for me is not half-assing your loadout sets. You want each set to serve a specific function, because the restrictions on loadout points ensure you'll have to compromise somewhere if you try to cover too many bases in a single build.

Remember you can switch loadouts between re-spawns, and its nice to have very distinct setups in order to counter particular tactics being employed by the other team.

For example if you're faced with a group that's charging around in a pack, you want to go with a different build than if they are split in order to setup ambushes, flanks and blindsides.

Don't be in too much of a rush to burn through your money too, unless you have a specific daily trial in mind (e.g. call 10 brutes), its often worth saving your best offense until you have a feel for how the match is going. This is really important if you have diverse loadouts to pick from.

Josh378

Haha...took me some time but i got the five not alive score. And it was against a party. They left right after i kill everyone...was amazing.

TP-DK

Huh I thought you would get all the dlc content unlocked if you bought the triple pack. Turns out you only get 4 items..

Alienous

Spent a good chunk of today and yesterday grinding for gameplay DLC chests. Finished almost all of the trials. Got 2 chests, with a pistol and booster in each.

GG Naughty Dog, I am the most tempted I have ever been to buy into microtransactions. You might have gotten my money too if the key DLC items didn't cost £4 each in Naughty Bucks. Nope, and never.

Finally got to play on the new map earlier....by loading up private and running around solo.

ND pls....

They should have made a playlist for the new map, just for the weekend.

PSYGN

This game would play so much better without the slow down thing and Cintimani or whatever it's called. At least make it to where the slow down grenade doesn't slow your rate of fire. If that kind of thing existed in other popular FPS it would've been tweaked by now.

Otherwise I enjoy the game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I want Highrise back. I want maps that have like 3 different levels so I can flank people like crazy. I miss maps like that a lot.

Top Bottom