• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Sorry if this has been answered but is there a reason I can buy regular vanity chests again since the update? I had everything unlocked from the vanilla content.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Sorry if this has been answered but is there a reason I can buy regular vanity chests again since the update? I had everything unlocked from the vanilla content.
They contain the new country hats in them. Don't worry, you only need to buy like two of them to complete your regular vanity chests again.

Increased an LP cost on something I was using, not sure what. That's annoying.

Stealth is broken? getting marked constantly.

Just, fuck off ND...The price of these chests is so damn high now. I just spent 3000 to get one shit outfit, fuck outta here. It's like people stopped playing once they unlocked all the items so they decided to inflate the shit out of the price. This is the free DLC huh, few maps when it's all said and done and a butt load of cosmetics for people to spend micros on.

They contain the new country hats in them. Don't worry, you only need to buy like two of them to complete your regular vanity chests again.

Thanks, won't even bother with those then.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Anyone else not have one of the new mystical masks unlock when it should? I got the level 15 one but Eyes of Ayar didn't unlock for me.
You were supposed to get the eyes after reaching level 5. If you hit level 5 yesterday when the servers were buggy, you might be screwed.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just a PSA: you're better off spending your relics in the gameplay DLC chest for new guns/boosters/mystical instead of the DLC vanity/premium chests.

Also, no change to blindfire whatsoever. So tired of people just blindfiring the god damn MP34.

I wonder what the devs were smoking when they designed the Mystical hats and masks.
This is nothing new. UC3 MP had bird nest & horse head hats.

http://thegamefanatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Uncharted-Masks-600x452.jpg

I still don't understand why they don't put skins like Rika Raja though... does it cost that much to record new lines or what? The selection of skins is pitiful for such a vast universe.

Just a PSA: you're better off spending your relics in the gameplay DLC chest for new guns/boosters/mystical instead of the DLC vanity/premium chests.
Yeah, I don't like the new vanity items at all. I'd rather keep up with the meta.

PSA to my fellow Uncharty buds:

Gonna be unable to play for an unknown amount of time. Moving soon and I'm not sure where I'll be or when I'll be there. Yay...

anyone else having the game crash since the patch yesterday. i had it crash 5 times yesterday including 3 times in like 8 games, always after loading in just before the match starts. it just happened again. Never had it happen before yesterday.

anyone else having the game crash since the patch yesterday. i had it crash 5 times yesterday including 3 times in like 8 games, always after loading in just before the match starts. it just happened again. Never had it happen before yesterday.

Once yesterday and again this morning.
Never happen before the new patches.

Foxxsoxx

Once yesterday and again this morning.
Never happen before the new patches.

Yeah crashes are happening pretty often. Had some fun matches with AK and the boys tonight, we mowed down every single other team in Ranked. As in not even a single team even stood a chance :\

so, question for those who already finished unlocking vanity chest pre-patch: since the levelling up system gives you, sometimes, vanity chests, what do these unlock? or it gets converted into relics if you already unlocked everthing?

I've gotten hero weapon chests, and boosters chests.

There is an unlock specifically for vanity chests, which is what he's talking about. You also get booster chests and hero weapon chests too, which are all separate unlocks. As far as I know, you just lose the chest. I haven't had any vanity chests converted into other types of chests.

Also, no change to blindfire whatsoever. So tired of people just blindfiring the god damn MP34.

The camera rotation has definitely been changed--it's noticeable.

PSA to my fellow Uncharty buds:

Gonna be unable to play for an unknown amount of time. Moving soon and I'm not sure where I'll be or when I'll be there. Yay...

You don't know where you're moving to? Lol. But maybe this will fix your lag issues so you can actually participate in all matches now?!?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Is it me or are matches feeling a lot more one-sided since the patch? Balance seems to be kinda screwy now.

Is it me or are matches feeling a lot more one-sided since the patch? Balance seems to be kinda screwy now.
I feel the opposite. Every match I've played since the patch has been extremely close; like 5 points difference close. While before, I either dominated or was dominated. Matches were rarely close.

I don't play ranked matches however, so maybe that has something to do with it? Either that or I've just been lucky.

Drencrom

Ranked TDM is really unfair as it is if you are a solo player or only teamed up with one or two maters, you are nearly always matched with full 5 player teams that are obviously much higher ranked then you and teammates well below your own skill level.

There should be a ranked TDM playlist for 5 player parties only or a playlist for solo players only.

Patch 1.10 is live, downloading now. I hope it fixes the triple pack content issue.

EDIT: It works now.

although the Uncharted Points aren't showing.

Ranked TDM is really unfair as it is if you are a solo player or only teamed up with one or two maters, you are nearly always matched with full 5 player teams that are obviously much higher ranked then you and teammates well below your own skill level.

There should be a ranked TDM playlist for 5 player parties only or a playlist for solo players only.

I can understand your frustration but I feel that ranked TDM is intended to be a team game and therefore those that can co-ordinate better as a team, deserve to beat those who do not. Be that because they're in a pre-made or otherwise, I don't see any sense in filtering solo queuers away so as to protect them from better, pre-made teams, because it would artificially inflate the ranking of solo queuers.

At the end of the day, if you want to compete at the highest level of play you'll need to find some partners to join you.

Drencrom

I can understand your frustration but I feel that ranked TDM is intended to be a team game and therefore those that can co-ordinate better as a team, deserve to beat those who do not. Be that because they're in a pre-made or otherwise, I don't see any sense in filtering solo queuers away so as to protect them from better, pre-made teams, because it would artificially inflate the ranking of solo queuers.

At the end of the day, if you want to compete at the highest level of play you'll need to find some partners to join you.

Yeah, I'm not saying that pre-made teams with good cooperation doesn't deserve to win or anything, I'm just a bit dismayed that there's no point in playing Ranked for me as I don't have a team of 5 players. But my biggest gripe really is that you are most constantly matched with people either grossly above your skill level or below.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
i have yet to win a game in 20 matches

its 1000000% fucked

It could be lag/congestion. I've had a few games where I literally couldn't get a down by shooting no matter what I tried; I'd get "sucked-in" to ledge-grabs, spawn next to exploding grenades and get insta-killed... you name it, it happened.

Obviously you have to make allowances for quality of play on the part of both yourself and your opposition, but at times its felt to me that some games you can be put in a complete no-win situation.

Top Bottom