• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

"everything new in this game is OP"

Haven't seen gifting being abused by a whole team yet but I can see that being an issue. Besides that, everything is fine bar the P90. If you really don't see the issue, its either you haven't encountered it en mass like most of us have thus far or you're taking part in the abuse as well.

That thing needs to go or get a serious nerf, (which even then, I don't know if it'll happen, sounds like a shotgun situation where a buff makes it OP and a heavy nerf makes it useless).

Best wishes.

I know Im in the minority, but I just dont get how people are complaining about the 3K relic chests.

I mean, this is DLC. If it's cheap to get, no one will buy it, and it's not like you are entitled to the content. I dont mind grinding. I know it takes a long time, but none of the content is needed, except the gameplay stuff... which I think is attainable enough, or at least not must-have/pay to win... at least not yet.

It'd be nice if after the next DLC drop, they make this DLC stuff regular relic price.

Though I do feel the P90 will probably get some kind of adjustment.

I opened two 3K chests and got 4 items... 2 pistols and 2 boosters, which is crap, but the rest of the content is what I need-- mystical, primary guns, power weapon...

Don't care about the cosmetics, they can do whatever they want with that. Now, I just hope that they release enough maps, because that's all that makes this worth it for me. That and the chance to get gameplay items through grinding.

Anyways, what's so different between grinds like this and say, playing Battlefield/COD to level 60 to get the last gun? With this model, you are using some RNG, but it's not like the odds are against you. And it's not like you should be spending your relics all the time to begin with, especially if they continue to release more gameplay dlc. I know Im putting some relics aside exclusively for that.

Again, since this is post-launch DLC stuff, why complain when traditionally, this stuff would be behind a paywall? I know they are more expensive than before to purchase, but the grind is the optional approach. And since it's mostly cosmetic, none of the content is actually needed, or ruins the gameplay.

Is the issue that people would just like to buy the content for much cheaper rather than be put between a rock and a hard place?

------

i think a better option for ND would be to make costumes like the pirate stuff only purchasable through real money, while keeping the gameplay stuff as both, but making the relic requirements cheaper (1K-2K as opposed to 3K per chest).

I'd rather just pay for it, except because of this free to play type nonsense the cost between 300 - 1000% the cost of the same things in UC2+3. Not paying that.

Instead need grindand pray RNG gives me what I want, or it could take months.

I'd rather just pay for it, except because of this free to play type nonsense the cost between 300 - 1000% the cost of the same things in UC2+3. Not paying that.

I see that the gameplay dlc is like $16

I can see how that's really sleazy. Wish ND would adjust that price then.

Josh378

This game would play so much better without the slow down thing and Cintimani or whatever it's called. At least make it to where the slow down grenade doesn't slow your rate of fire. If that kind of thing existed in other popular FPS it would've been tweaked by now.

Otherwise I enjoy the game.

Yea, that and slow + 30% + grenade vs premade team is the most annoying thing ever. Needs a nerf..

This game would play so much better without the slow down thing and Cintimani or whatever it's called. At least make it to where the slow down grenade doesn't slow your rate of fire. If that kind of thing existed in other popular FPS it would've been tweaked by now.

Otherwise I enjoy the game.

I feel indra's eternity makes el dorado even more useless. El Dorado should target downed enemies in my opinion

I wish el dorado spawned faster. It's really hard to use practically when people move so much in this game

Indra's eternity should probably be more expensive to reduce frequency.

I love cintimani stone though. So many crazy frantic moments of tight saves and desperate finishes

If you're talking about the cosmetics, yeah it will take months of RNG to get what you want. However there are no duplicates, which is why I was wondering how they would pad this out for a whole year with each vanity chest costing just 150 relics. Now I know.

That being said, only gameplay DLC and taunts matter to me. So I could care less about the cosmetics. Just stinks that I have to hope for RNG to get taunts. Thankfully, its just 10 gameplay DLC content.

Best wishes.

SharkJAW

I'm still trying to get a feel for the Arrowhead. I'm used to using the Copperhead, so I'm spoiled by accuracy and a fantastic ttk. Third person aiming and clip size on the Arrowhead are pretty good, but the headshot multiplier is what keeps me around.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Finally done unlocking all the Mazur hero weapons! I'm just missing to unlock two more hero long range weapons: XCR and M14 Custom. Not counting the DLC guns, cuz I don't have them yet.

It's been a blast unlocking all the hero weapons with downs. Never used a hero weapon chest either and don't intend to.

Mr Git

Finally got to play the new map last night - it's good. All the swimming just makes me want an under water weapon though. It was relieving to see it's not as bad as Remnants - still my least favourite map. Definitely also miss Highrise, something with more verticality rather than just the 3 routes through would be nice.

Since the latest couple of patches, my aim seems to be right off. The new sensitivity sliders (accelaration and the other one) have me confused and I still haven't managed to get it back to how I liked it. :c

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The copperhead is strong, at least I like it. Only bad thing is close firefights, but I'll just switch to my pistol.

Finally got to play the new map last night - it's good. All the swimming just makes me want an under water weapon though. It was relieving to see it's not as bad as Remnants - still my least favourite map. Definitely also miss Highrise, something with more verticality rather than just the 3 routes through would be nice.

Since the latest couple of patches, my aim seems to be right off. The new sensitivity sliders (accelaration and the other one) have me confused and I still haven't managed to get it back to how I liked it. :c
I like the new map overall. The worst part is the water.

If you're struggling with the game, maybe you can be the team's medic. A lot of people don't heal in this game whatsoever or revive them. if you're not really good at getting downs and KO's, your team can benefit from your revive skills/medic bags so stick with them! I'm so disappointed that a lot of people don't use helping hand 3 in TDM. I guess most people are selfish and don't realize that denying the enemy team of KO's win TDM matches...

I don't have any boosters equipped whatsoever. I still do my fair share of reviving though. I have also modded both my brute and my El Dorado to mark and highlight enemies though to help the team out.

Actually that poses a question, does that mark and highlight enemies for my whole team? Or just me?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Maxing out Mark On Damage and Helping Hand boosters will help both you and any team you're with massively.

Christos

My god, the teammates I had in Ranked TDM are like a thousand times better than the teammates I had in TDM. Also the P90 is not as good as people make it out to be.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
My god, the teammates I had in Ranked TDM are like a thousand times better than the teammates I had in TDM. Also the P90 is not as good as people make it out to be.

The thing about the P90 is that its very good even without boosters; I have every mod and Hero version of the MP34a and I've switched to the P90 mainly because it saves me a shit-ton of loadout points for the same level of performance.

SharkJAW

I'm still getting bad luck with teams. I end up getting the lion's share of Downs/KOs and still losing. If there are any GAFers that want to party up, my username is SharkJAW.

Also, a question: Is there a limit to who you can party up with in ranked? I ask because I just played the 3 "qualifying" matches and got placed in Silver III. Does that mean I have to party up with other Silver rank players? I've never played ranked multiplayer of any kind before.

Christos

I'm still getting bad luck with teams. I end up getting the lion's share of Downs/KOs and still losing. If there are any GAFers that want to party up, my username is SharkJAW.

Also, a question: Is there a limit to who you can party up with in ranked? I ask because I just played the 3 "qualifying" matches and got placed in Silver III. Does that mean I have to party up with other Silver rank players? I've never played ranked multiplayer of any kind before.
They removed any party restrictions in the latest patch, so you can party up with anyone.

As this happen to anyone else, seems to be that this person was outside the map.
Got kill 3 times by this person, I made a report to Sony.

First image my death and second image another player on my team shooting at the shoreline.
27785461610_acfc3cf21d_c.jpg

28032144406_d220cb981c_c.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
As this happen to anyone else, seems to be that this person was outside the map.

You can get a weird lagged-out condition where you are basically invisible and unkillable.
Happened to me once after a series of white-plugs, don't think my kills counted towards the team score (we lost lol) BUT I racked up a silly number of downs on my pistols, like 30+!

The thing about the P90 is that its very good even without boosters; I have every mod and Hero version of the MP34a and I've switched to the P90 mainly because it saves me a shit-ton of loadout points for the same level of performance.

Think itll get a nerf?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Think itll get a nerf?

Maybe, its not *that* overpowered though. It's just a cross between a Fossa and a MP34a, which makes it very fun in close quarters. With the acc mod its not bad at range either, but there are obviously much better options.

First image my death and second image another player on my team shooting at the shoreline.
27785461610_acfc3cf21d_c.jpg

28032144406_d220cb981c_c.jpg

I had one the same map a few days ago, but he was glitched into the bars on the water at the opposite side to the ship, then was under the map

1) Why do we even need ranked?

Last of Us was incredibly competitive without it, and it felt better to have a dedicated mode without parties.

I feel like I'd rather have TDM Mercenary, TDM Party, Plunder, and Command. This way, parties would usually play against other parties, while solo players could play with other solo players. I recall a lot of my LoU matches feeling incredibly competitive without the need for ranked divisions

2) Does anyone wish Command was different?

Instead of playing merry-go-round, I wish the game only let you cap two flags. Then, you'd be tasked to defend them against the enemy. If an enemy holds two flags, your team could then attack whichever.

I want to like Command more, but it honestly feels like everyone runs in circles. To be fair, I enjoyed myself today as it feels like more people use flanks, but I recall in the first week or two, it was a constant bore of running in circles.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Command is one of my most played modes, but I agree with the merry go round complaints. It's very frustrating to me when people just go around in circles and not try to defend an objective or try to break it. Like... I don't get it at all. And whoever does try and defend a couple of zones gets punished because it's always me vs the entire enemy team.

Also, the captain system needs adjustments. It makes people captains in the worst possible times which is dumb. Sometimes I'm going off on my own to capture a zone, I almost have it captured and get attacked by players and in the middle of the gun fight it makes me captain. Wtf? It happens to my friend all the time and it's very annoying. There should be a countdown timer saying you're going to be captain that way you're prepared and know you'll be captain. I've posted this idea in the ND forums, but if would be cool if the captain system cycled between everyone in the team and stayed at the 20 point mark for x amount of time. As it is right now, you punish your team for staying alive at 60 points instead of helping. I've seen so many games where that is the primary factor of someone losing, which is complete bs. Sure, you get discounts for your purchases, but in the end, if the score is neck and neck, and you're at 60 while the enemy team captain is at 20,you being at 60 is a major disadvantage for your team compared to the dude with 20 Bounty on his head.

It'd also be cool if the captain could give out orders like in the battlefield games where the captain could mark the next objective to attack or to defend. It would make the captain role much better.

BTW

What level are you guys on? I'm currently level 34 I believe.

If the enemy team keeps losing captains at 20 points, that adds up compared to a captain at 60 pts who can stock up on store purchases

The lack of a timer is definitely very flawed

Again, I wish we had to hold only 2 flags and defend them. I like a dynamic defend and attack mode over the merry go round feeling I tend to get

The captain should definitely be able to give orders and bonus cash for those who follow orders.

Hopefully a good captain can encourage defending a location

Maybe there should be more rewards based on how long you hold a flag

If you hold flag A without it getting captured for X seconds, you get a bonus of some kind.

I feel like with a few tweaks, Command could be excellent. Maybe it already is and the random dummies I get matched with are to blame for playing it so poorly

AKyemeni

GG with Foxxsoxx and helping me get to Gold III.

Whatever DLC is thrown at me, I will forever hold the Mazur near and dear to me. <3

Whatever DLC is thrown at me, I will forever hold the Mazur near and dear to me. <3

How do you feel about the Bishai? I usually hate the weapons that put you automatically into a first-person view in TPS, but I actually really like the Bishai. It's almost like a cross between the Mazur and M14 with its one headshot or three body shots downs. It also fires extremely quickly all things considered. Over the last week or so, I farmed all the hero weapons out and Nadine's version is insane. You can pretty much fire that thing constantly. It becomes the perfect teamfight weapon when using Mark on Damage 3 and Farmer 3. Each shot takes half an opponent's health pretty much.

Rajang

I dont have access to the Season 1 rewards for some reason. I made Gold III in season 1 and the gold hat is not unlocked for me. WTF?

^ Me neither

I just grinded my heart out to make 9K Relics.

Of the three gameplay DLC chests I opened, all were boosters and pistols. Guess I wont see the Path of Indra for another 9 or so days.

Foxxsoxx

I dont have access to the Season 1 rewards for some reason. I made Gold III in season 1 and the gold hat is not unlocked for me. WTF?

The rewards start this season. Last season was considered pre-season and only gave relics.

Yeah I hit Platinum 3 that same match. It's been a long way from apprentice XD

Foxxsoxx

Right, no fucking way I'm putting myself thru Ranked TDM without a full team of players for a lousy hat though.

Yeah never. After playing with AK and some others in a party of 5, Ranked is way more enjoyable. I can't ever go back to solo. Of all the games we had yesterday, I went from Bronze to Platinum only losing 1 game.

The rewards are all crap so I just don't touch ranked.

Some players are so terrible at this, not just stuff like piss poor aim, but just dumb and poor decision making. When you get a combo of them I just leave the match because is a waste of time.

Oh, and fuck lagging players, no excuse to not have a ping filter.

Party of 5. Cant find a single lobby for ranked. Took us 20 min just to find one last time.

Thougu, we were a European/American party

WarWolf

Party of 5. Cant find a single lobby for ranked. Took us 20 min just to find one last time.

Thougu, we were a European/American party

Populations are probably pretty low in general. My first qualifying match I did yesterday had a guy wearing a diamond cap.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I hate how it is 3,000 points per bag to unlock dlc weapons and all i got was a booster I dont care for and a pistol.....sigh the grind continues to another 3,000

Top Bottom