• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Had loads of good games last night with Yurikerr, Looney, Warwolf, Baird others, lots of fun. We only lost one ranked game, and it was against a full party of masters, which seems a bit harsh when some of our team wasn't even ranked at that stage... but whatever, I ranked up quite a bit so I'm happy.

This has been happening a lot lately for me. Whenever I'm playing with friends, one of us will get 'split' and be in a completely different match while everyone else stays intact. Wtf?

The other day I experienced a game where it split our group up onto different teams in ranked play...

Had loads of good games last night with Yurikerr, Looney, Warwolf, Baird others, lots of fun. We only lost one ranked game, and it was against a full party of masters, which seems a bit harsh when some of our team wasn't even ranked at that stage... but whatever, I ranked up quite a bit so I'm happy.

The other day I experienced a game where it split our group up onto different teams in ranked play...

You still owe me some qualifier wins for that! :D

Sorry got it mixed up with solo unranked.

You're wrong about this too, lol. There's still only TDM, Ranked TDM, Command, and Plunder. No "no parties" playlists for any of those modes (unless they just announced it last night, which would be weird). I think you're misreading some of the replies in this thread! We're saying we want it because it was in TLoU, for example, so no reason why it shouldn't be in here.

We only lost one ranked game, and it was against a full party of masters

How do you know they were masters? I thought it doesn't show ranks outside of your party?

How do you know they were masters? I thought it doesn't show ranks outside of your party?

They were wearing the master hats. :)

We finished 31-40.

So it wasn't a blowout, but not exactly close either. It got pretty sweaty, soon as they had a point lead they would just hang back. We didn't deal with that very well. I'm not sure what we should have done, probably just played better, maybe more cintimani since only one of our guys was running it and his stone doesn't even give full HP.

I am noticing very clearly that I die after I get into cover. So very annoying

It happens, yes, it is annoying, but you can react sooner to accommodate it. Hit detection is at a faster tick rate than movement, so you should be reacting when getting shot, rather than when your health starts to dip, if that makes sense.

Rajang

Managed to grind to another 3k relics.

Opened the gameplay chest and only got 1 item again, P90 this time.

6k relics for 2 gameplay items...

picard-facepalm.gif

Managed to grind to another 3k relics.

Opened the gameplay chest and only got 1 item again, P90 this time.

6k relics for 2 gameplay items...

I think they are preset, so you always get the smaller items (like pistols and boosters together) but can't get a long gun with another item. That way it takes everyone 7 weeks to unlock all the core gameplay items (not including relics you may have saved prepatch).

It's pretty rough, but I can also see why they did it. I just wish the aesthetic chests were a little cheaper. It's hard to say though, transitioning from a traditional to 'free to play' esque model seems rough but I don't think it's worse than the alternative... in TLOU, the extra map, guns and aesthetic content would be only available for consumers willing to pay real cash.

I think the displeasure with the system stems from the consumers miss-understanding the purpose of the content and system. It's there to make it possible to unlock everything for free, but create friction for those that want to do so, so as to encourage the MT based system. It's difficult to see the new content, maps included, being viable, if people didn't feel that it was a lot easier to purchase content with real cash.

Nev

Banned
So, if I want to use the new booster, I have to farm 3000 fucking relics and then I'd have a 10% chance I'll get it. Cool, thank you ND for ruinning the game with your greed 3 months into its life.

So, if I want to use the new booster, I have to farm 3000 fucking relics and then I'd have a 10% chance I'll get it. Cool, thank you ND for ruinning the game with your greed 3 months into its life.

Sorry to play corporate apologist, but the other option is just to pay for it. I don't see how being made to wait has ruined the game.

Also you make out that you won't get anything in the other 90% of cases... I mean, it's not as if in 90% of cases the box is empty, the other weapons, mystical, etc. would also add to your loadout items.

At the end of the day the chests are a means of earning the DLC for no cost. I think it could be a little cheaper, but I don't think the time it takes is that bad. 7 weeks to unlock all of the gameplay content if you earn 3k relics weak (an easily achievable amount, without playing daily).

RNG grinding is annoying (at least there are no duplicates in this game), but eventually we will get everything (don't care that much about vanity items, at least the current ones).

I wish lag would vanish after 7 weeks, but unfortunately it's not that simple...

Sorry to play corporate apologist, but the other option is just to pay for it. I don't see how being made to wait has ruined the game.

Also you make out that you won't get anything in the other 90% of cases... I mean, it's not as if in 90% of cases the box is empty, the other weapons, mystical, etc. would also add to your loadout items.

At the end of the day the chests are a means of earning the DLC for no cost. I think it could be a little cheaper, but I don't think the time it takes is that bad. 7 weeks to unlock all of the gameplay content if you earn 3k relics weak (an easily achievable amount, without playing daily).

If this stuff was priced like UC2/3, I'd just buy it. This system is shit whichever way you wanna slice it.

All this 'free' content we're getting is just stuff UC2/3 had at launch, or as unlocks as you leveled up or found treasure sets. So this F2P style system is completely bogus and we're not actually getting much of anything free we didn't get free in UC2/3 anyway. Co-op etc being patched in is not 'free support', it's finishing the bloody game and brining it up to the standard set by the previous games.

But we still get a shitty F2P system and mugs prices if wanna skip it. Is one giant con.

Tip: If you get a 250 relic challenge, just trade that shit for something else.

I spent 50 Relics to get a 450 challenge. Them giving us 250 relic challenges is a joke.

So is getting 10 relics for winning, and nothing for losing. It makes ND look so cheap. They already skipped out on dedicated servers. This is supposed to be the flagship PlayStation studio here.

I also dont like the idea of challenges at all. I think people purposely throw away plays in games because they are trying to grind a challenge. Completely kills the fun out of playing a game.

Thankfully, the challenges are generic enough that I dont have to go out of my way if I dont want to, but sometimes I know I throw a mine down in a firefight instead of killing an enemy in the hopes of finishing a challenge. The combination of time constraints + playing games to finish a challenge dont leave a lot of room to actually play a game where someone isn't screwing around to finish a challenge.

I am actually mostly fine with the 3K Relic chests for rare cosmetic DLC. But the grind for gameplay items isn't fair or fun. I want everyone to have access to create classes with Path of Indra, P90s, etc. I am hoping to see DLC relic costs come down when the next wave of DLC hits. This can at least keep people from falling behind like crazy.

Winning matches need to give 20 Relics. Losing needs to give 10. And winning in a row should add some small multiplier.

Their radio silence on the whole issue really irks me.

ThisOne

Seriously. Stop being so stingy with the Relics. I think Challenges should be disabled in ranked matches but should give you something like 800 Relics for finishing them. Then, give 25 Relics per win, 10 per loss, and another 10 for being a top 2 player on your team.

Seriously. Stop being so stingy with the Relics. I think Challenges should be disabled in ranked matches but should give you something like 800 Relics for finishing them. Then, give 25 Relics per win, 10 per loss, and another 10 for being a top 2 player on your team.

Id avoid top 2 just because I dont want people sabotaging games. Like holding on to the idol instead of throwing it so you can get more points

I think the thing that irks me the most about the whole DLC thing is that they capped your relic wallet to 10,000 relics. I can't even grind things out in anticipation of the new dlc except to get three freaking gameplay chests by the time it comes around.

If this stuff was priced like UC2/3, I'd just buy it. This system is shit whichever way you wanna slice it.

All this 'free' content we're getting is just stuff UC2/3 had at launch, or as unlocks as you leveled up or found treasure sets. So this F2P style system is completely bogus and we're not actually getting much of anything free we didn't get free in UC2/3 anyway. Co-op etc being patched in is not 'free support', it's finishing the bloody game and brining it up to the standard set by the previous games.

But we still get a shitty F2P system and mugs prices if wanna skip it. Is one giant con.

That's not all true though. I mean, UC4 has more weapons, and loadout options than UC2 / UC3 out of the box. It also has more aesthetic items, more hats, random accessories, more taunts, etc. And we're also getting maps for free, and which were paid DLC in UC2 and UC3. The paid DLC that split the community of those games irreparably damaged the game and its community far more than any of this free to play modeled DLC will.

The outfits, taunts etc. have are also far more detailed in U4 than they ever were in previous games, for what that's worth. I think it's easy to forget the ways in which U4 offers more.

Hey guys, are you up for some more games today?

Don't think I can tonight. Spent 4 hours getting through Furi (the plus game) and now I have a headache, so I'll be having an early night.

I think the thing that irks me the most about the whole DLC thing is that they capped your relic wallet to 10,000 relics. I can't even grind things out in anticipation of the new dlc except to get three freaking gameplay chests by the time it comes around.
They could always reduce it further to 5K, because why not?

stryke

Man rank is so intense. Barely scraped through a winone match with 40-39.

Even had more pressure since i was playing with someone who is in top 30 in the world and i didn't want to ruin her rank lol :/

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
This community is dying, isn't it? Joining most matches in progress. Rooms hardly ever fill up. No one is wearing DLC items, or using DLC gameplay items(outside of mp pack 1).

Think they'll drop store prices, or just let it go with a whimper?

No one seems happy.

This community is dying, isn't it? Joining most matches in progress. Rooms hardly ever fill up. No one is wearing DLC items, or using DLC gameplay items(outside of mp pack 1).

No one seems happy.
Uh, not having this experience at all. Are you playing solo? If so, they will sometimes put you into a game that is missing a single person. Lots of people wearing DLC items, though nto everyone has everything unlocked yet.

Only issue I've seen pop up aside from the usual laggy bs is in the Madagascar map (glitching outside the map).

Uh, not having this experience at all. Are you playing solo? If so, they will sometimes put you into a game that is missing a single person. Lots of people wearing DLC items, though nto everyone has everything unlocked yet.

Only issue I've seen pop up aside from the usual laggy bs is in the Madagascar map (glitching outside the map).
That glitching bs ruined the night lol, makes it even worse because only Sd knows how to get out of the map

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

Yup, solo. Gaffers hit me up, then. Same PSN ID as GAF name.

They were wearing the master hats. :)

We finished 31-40.

So it wasn't a blowout, but not exactly close either. It got pretty sweaty, soon as they had a point lead they would just hang back. We didn't deal with that very well. I'm not sure what we should have done, probably just played better, maybe more cintimani since only one of our guys was running it and his stone doesn't even give full HP.

My two cents is inexperience (not a lot of ranked) and pressure. First time, for me at least, where the game became really--really--tactical and there was something on the line (qualifier match) if we lost.

Edit: Among other things.

No one seems happy.

I've been playing nonstop for a week and I can count on one hand the number of people wearing a DLC skin or using a DLC taunt. A decent number of people using DLC weapons though.

Tuffty

Had a moment last night, was hiding behind cover and saw 2 people, plus a damaged brute and saviour hide behind cover on the main building in Sunken Ruins. Toss a grenade in there, boom, took them all down. Guy comes over to revive them, I pop up ready to shoot and........connection issue. Guy revives one just in time, the other downed player gets out of reach. Fuck!

Encountered a team glitching tonight in Ranked TDM on Pirate Colony. Luckily the plebs were already behind in points when they got out of bounds, but it was still a wasteful 8 minutes trying to avoid their gunfire. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to report them specifically for glitching. Besides that I'm still waiting for my Explorer's Pack Uncharted Points to activate on my account. It's been over a week now. I love the game but these things can be off-putting.

Had a moment last night, was hiding behind cover and saw 2 people, plus a damaged brute and saviour hide behind cover on the main building in Sunken Ruins. Toss a grenade in there, boom, took them all down. Guy comes over to revive them, I pop up ready to shoot and........connection issue. Guy revives one just in time, the other downed player gets out of reach. Fuck!
Ouch.

No one seems happy.
I keep seeing the same players in Plunder.

I wouldn't mind if they went F2P (free client app, no PS+ subscription needed). It's too early for that though.

Public player pool stats would be interesting, but ND values their secrecy a bit too much...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, it's getting harder to level up now. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I think its great. The leveling system in the sense of how you progress.... I'd put it like in the middle of UC2 and UC3. It's not impossible to level up like it was in 2, but it also isn't as fast as it was in UC3.

No one seems happy.

Joining matches in progress in no way means the 'community is dying' it means a lot of people tend to leave games, which is true, and as a solo queuer you're always going to be taken away to fill those slots if there's a need.

I see people using DLC items, both cosmetic and gameplay all of of the time. I think for others though, they still have a lot of base unlocks to get through, so there's that, and the fact that it does take quite a while to unlock all of it. But as I say, I see plenty of people using the P90, and the pistols. Hard to tell if they're using the boosters. You're unlikely to see many using the Arrowhead or Path of Indra because both of those gameplay items are pretty bad picks in my opinion. Indra is a good way to get yourself killed and Arrowhead has a high time to kill proportionate to other weapons.

If anything, I have seen the community be vastly more active in the weeks following the DLC. People are eager to participate in the new experience and ranked systems.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about the games dying. Even Uncharted 3 was still active all the way up until the launch of this game, and I'm sure the Last of Us Remastered will stay active until TLOU 2 or whatever.

My two cents is inexperience (not a lot of ranked) and pressure. First time, for me at least, where the game became really--really--tactical and there was something on the line (qualifier match) if we lost.

Edit: Among other things.

Yeah true I guess you had not played much ranked before, then again I have only played perhaps 20 games. It wasn't my qualifer match so there wasn't much on the line for me, but I feel as though I'm always invested in the win regardless.

I really enjoyed that game, and the game against the other guys that were camping (on the DLC map) even though it gets a bit stagnant and less dynamic at higher levels of play it felt intense and tactical. I feel that the differences in team composition in regards to loadout items used and whatnot have the most influence at that level of play though. At lower levels all of us can use whatever we want and do well, but at higher levels using something like the XCR, Djin, Path of Indra etc. they're bad picks that just aren't useful for the team, and before that point we weren't thinking about the game with that mindset.

That reminds me of the clip that made me hate revives in the beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJhE-A5Ntc

It sucks when people get outplayed, and blatantly deserve to be dead, but that doesn't happen, for whatever reason.

Edit: Whoops didn't mean to double post.

Grinchy

Banned
The Git Gud and Pirates of Libertalia bundles combined cost at least $35. That's not even everything that was included in all of the DLC.

Yeah I've gotten over how long it will take to actually grind these items, but I'm still surprised by how much it costs to buy them.

The Git Gud and Pirates of Libertalia bundles combined cost at least $35. That's not even everything that was included in all of the DLC.

Well you weren't going to get costumes and such for free, whichever way you look at this. Individually their pricing matches premium skins in other games.

You can get all of the weapons and gameplay items for £10. Which admittedly, isn't fantastic value for money in my opinion but I don't think you should have expected to be easily obtained either.

Spending 50 relics to replace a low value challenge, and all the replacements are the same value

Great.

It's not so bad, just pick a fun one and while you can see it as losing 50 relics, you're still going to gain 250 or whatever.

I've replaced 'Mine downs' a few times and taken a lower reward, not regretted it.

N.Domixis

Banned
DLC wearing players is uncommon to rare for me. But over the last week the frequency has increased as more and more people hoard relics to get dlc. I have already spent 9K relics this week and have unlocked
pirate drake
military lazaravich
two boosters

DLC wearing players is uncommon to rare for me. But over the last week the frequency has increased as more and more people hoard relics to get dlc. I have already spent 9K relics this week and have unlocked
pirate drake
military lazaravich
two boosters

I think it's because people are spending on gameplay items, because I see P90s and Arrowheads pretty often. Arrowhead less than P90 though, but it's not a great gun and it the P90 came with the triple pack.

I've never seen anyone but myself use the path of indra. Probably because it's crap.

I bought the gameplay bundle and used my first two packs of relics on DLC Chests. I got Pirate Elena and Magnificient Pirate Eddy... all I need to be honest. I guess I want Sully also.

AKyemeni

Hello everyone! I’m Scott Lowe, the newest addition to the community team at Naughty Dog. As a longtime fan of the studio, it’s an absolute dream come true to work alongside the developers here and immerse myself in our amazing player community. It’s week two for me, so I’ve got a ton left to learn and get up to speed on. Nonetheless, I plan on posting on the forums as much as possible. You can also hit me up on Twitter, @ScottLowe, whether it’s to talk about games, the studio, or exchange GIFs. Beware, my GIF game is strong.

To kick things off, I wanted to share an update about Uncharted 4 multiplayer. Last week, we launched Lost Treasures, our first major DLC update to U4 multiplayer, which added a new free map, more customization options, and a much-requested overhaul to our ranked play system, among other things. Since launching the update, we’ve received a ton of great feedback through feedback.NaughtyDog.com, on social, and right here on the forums. In particular, we’ve become aware of certain players taking advantage of exploits within multiplayer, specifically relating to getting outside the map and gaining an unfair advantage over other players.

Today we introduced a backend update that closes several of these known exploits with more fixes to come in our next patch, version 1.11. We’ll also be taking the appropriate action for players caught taking advantage of exploits, including bans from Uncharted 4 multiplayer. Let’s take this player, for example, who got caught using an exploit against multiplayer designer, Erin Daly, in a game of Ranked TDM on Pirate Colony and has now been dealt a 30 day ban. Surely whatever bump to their K/D wasn’t worth it.

original

But again, your feedback is key. While our team is regularly monitoring, reports from players are essential for rooting out cheaters and exploits. Soon, we’ll be launching a new system for players to report players for cheating or taking advantage of exploits. Keep a close eye on the forums or on our social channels for updates.

I’m excited to get to know you all. So please, keep the conversation going and reach out to me anytime!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Incoming-Fixes-for-Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-Exploits/m-p/45854960#U45854960

Top Bottom