• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Beware, my GIF game is strong.

d4M7cE8.gif

TripOpt55

I really wish there were more modes. The only one I currently like is Team Deathmatch. It would really help me mix things up if we had a Team Objective or even a Deathmatch variant of some kind. Been playing it a little less this past week, but perhaps that is due to working on other games. But before this game's multiplayer was just winning out over other games, so not sure. I also happened to unlock the normal vanity stuff about a week ago, so the grind has begun for the more expensive chests. I'm not one of those people who needs an incentive to play, but I won't say I didn't enjoy getting some new unlockable everyday.

I bought the gameplay bundle and used my first two packs of relics on DLC Chests. I got Pirate Elena and Magnificient Pirate Eddy... all I need to be honest. I guess I want Sully also.

I hope I'm this lucky! Those are the two skins I'd like the most!

^
Audrey Parker hype ;)

LIVE UPDATE 1.10.024
MULTIPLAYER
Fixed some medals not activating in particular scenarios. Affected medals:
Rope Melee
Pull Down
Heavy Weapon King
El Dorado King
Avenger
Fixed level unlock items that were not rewarded due to store connectivity issues
It will now properly queue the items so you will be rewarded as soon as store connectivity is restored
Removed Madagascar City from playlist rotations to prevent a crash
Will be added back in 1.11 with a fix for the crash
Fixed overlapping text for Ranked TDM unlock progress screen
Fixed text color changes due to Gifting Booster use
Increased Match Completion XP bonus for Plunder
Updated levels to address gameplay exploits
http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/live-update-1-10-024
And no DLC Chest price decrease ;(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So they removed Madagascar City temporary then. Kind of a bummer since I like playing on that map. I've never had a single crash on it. Weird. Well, I am sure the next live update won't take too long.

So Plunder is now

1000 XP - Complete Match
1000 XP - Score

The patch notes does not mention the actual score being changed? What?

Is this going to happen eventually?

Logically it would happen when the next DLC releases, or in anticipation of the next DLC.

That's how I would design the game if I wanted to generate MT.

I hope I'm this lucky! Those are the two skins I'd like the most!

If you get lucky the game will break and unlock everything for you. I think it did this for SDR.

People on reddit are saying you can mash X to unlock everything in some cases if it lags when unlocking. I believe it's when their server is getting overwhelmed, probably not something you can manipulate at your end. It's pretty jank.

Before the DLC update there was also an infinite relic glitch related to the app. ND aren't good at this MT stuff it seems! Good job their games aren't dependent on a F2P model else they'd be screwed.

Well you weren't going to get costumes and such for free, whichever way you look at this. Individually their pricing matches premium skins in other games.

You can get all of the weapons and gameplay items for £10. Which admittedly, isn't fantastic value for money in my opinion but I don't think you should have expected to be easily obtained either.
Pricing isn't a problem.

The problem is that highly requested skins (Rika Raja, Daniel Pinkerton, Wetsuit Elena etc.) are still missing in this game. They can charge whatever they want for skins. They don't affect the gameplay after all.

All I see are some pirate skin variations that may belong in the UC4 universe (personally I'm not a big fan of Druckmann's pirate story), but they're simply uninteresting. I don't feel inclined to grind relics for them. Maybe that's a good thing, since I can focus on gameplay items.

I don't mean to insult artists for their hard work, most skins are top notch quality (minus some horribly designed/outsourced ones like Gabriel Roman/Talbot/Salim faces), but I feel like they keep wasting resources on customization stuff that nobody asked for. I don't consider them "vanity" items, let alone "premium" ones. It reminds me of the generic mercenaries pack in UC3 MP.

nillah

Banned
New Mobbin' Online 6 is be up. Some new map gameplay, lots of weirdness throughout, and those oh-so-typical kill-each-other moments only Uncharted multiplayer can provide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nKJC-0M2hk

Usual crew involved, as well as some other guest appearances by GAF folk I played with

Damn, makes me want to get back into it. But the herky jerky gameplay has me in it for only one or two matches and I'm out but I guess that very aspect is the whole attraction to UC4 mp gunfights :3

I'm a dummy. The image still said Mobbin 5. Whoops... fixed!

^
Audrey Parker hype ;)

LIVE UPDATE 1.10.024

http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/live-update-1-10-024
And no DLC Chest price decrease ;(

Indeed. Only reason I even cared to checkout Haven was Emily Rose. Also, nice patch notes. Definitely have had a crash from Madagascar, but wasn't sure why.

Damn, makes me want to get back into it. But the herky jerky gameplay has me in it for only one or two matches and I'm out but I guess that very aspect is the whole attraction to UC4 mp gunfights :3

Thing is, it wasn't always herky jerky, as you put it. In fact it's not like that half the time, but thanks to the lower ticrate and playing with people who have bad connections it becomes that way :(

Foxxsoxx

Pricing isn't a problem.

The problem is that highly requested skins (Rika Raja, Daniel Pinkerton, Wetsuit Elena etc.) are still missing in this game. They can charge whatever they want for skins. They don't affect the gameplay after all.

All I see are some pirate skin variations that may belong in the UC4 universe (personally I'm not a big fan of Druckmann's pirate story), but they're simply uninteresting. I don't feel inclined to grind relics for them. Maybe that's a good thing, since I can focus on gameplay items.

I don't mean to insult artists for their hard work, most skins are top notch quality (minus some horribly designed/outsourced ones like Gabriel Roman/Talbot/Salim faces), but I feel like they keep wasting resources on customization stuff that nobody asked for. I don't consider them "vanity" items, let alone "premium" ones. It reminds me of the generic mercenaries pack in UC3 MP.

They say they don't want to do other characters because they'd have to do voice acting for them. I really wish they'd just add their outfits and such for them though.

For example give Chloe a Rika outfit, give Orca or Knot some of the grunt outfits from Uncharted 2, things like that.

Probably best not to play ranked outside of peak hours in future, cause that last ranked match we had was literally the laggiest game I have had. Why the game thought it was okay to match us up to Japanese players with a ping where it could have easily seen pre-game would result in constant white bar connection errors and literally unplayable match quality I don't know.

I wonder which of us had host? Them I suppose. Otherwise I wouldn't have been stuttering every 10 seconds. Think Kyle seemed to have it worse though, since oddly my connection errors only began after the first 5 minutes.

Damn, after playing Rocker League, I wish ND would adopt kicking afk players way sooner.

Nothing drove me crazier earlier than having people on your team be afk.

Damn, after playing Rocker League, I wish ND would adopt kicking afk players way sooner.

Nothing drove me crazier earlier than having people on your team be afk.

Yep I don't know why an AFK player gets like 5 minutes to decide whether he wants to play or not.

Overwatch kicks players in something like 15 seconds of inactivity.

They say they don't want to do other characters because they'd have to do voice acting for them. I really wish they'd just add their outfits and such for them though.

For example give Chloe a Rika outfit, give Orca or Knot some of the grunt outfits from Uncharted 2, things like that.
That sounds like a cheap excuse. This game has sold well enough. They should be able to hire her voice actress easily.

I don't see the point of grinding relics to get a different outfit with Chloe's lines. It's the banter that makes Uncharted characters truly special & unique.

Yep I don't know why an AFK player gets like 5 minutes to decide whether he wants to play or not.

Overwatch kicks players in something like 15 seconds of inactivity.
It's 2 minutes, but it gets reset if he gets killed.

This game seems to have more AFKers that the previous iterations for some reason and this is annoying, but 15 secs is probably too harsh. Sometimes I go to the bathroom in between matches. If I have to leave due to real life obligations, I just leave the match. I don't want to occupy a spot that could be filled by a late joiner.

And speaking of late joins, I'd love it if they added a 100 relic bonus for every completed late join match. Probably won't happen (need to sell dem MT), but I think it would make late joining very tolerable for lots of people. Hell, with such a generous bonus we could even afford a late join toggle.

ps: Ranked has no late joins, right?

Horohoro

Looking for a team...

I'm going through ranked cause I want that master hat and I've made it from Apprentice to Gold III with randoms and played by myself... I'd really like to join a group of like minded ppl looking to do the same.

Thanks.

Irish

Probably best not to play ranked outside of peak hours in future, cause that last ranked match we had was literally the laggiest game I have had. Why the game thought it was okay to match us up to Japanese players with a ping where it could have easily seen pre-game would result in constant white bar connection errors and literally unplayable match quality I don't know.

I wonder which of us had host? Them I suppose. Otherwise I wouldn't have been stuttering every 10 seconds. Think Kyle seemed to have it worse though, since oddly my connection errors only began after the first 5 minutes.

Oh wow, did you guys have another really laggy game or did everyone decide to call it a night when I left to go to sleep?

I'll be honest, that was probably the most coordinated little team I've been on and I play with another group of gaffers all the time. Of course, we're all pretty individualistic in our approach when we play because we're still on that UC2 kick.

Foxxsoxx

That sounds like a cheap excuse. This game has sold well enough. They should be able to hire her voice actress easily.

I don't see the point of grinding relics to get a different outfit with Chloe's lines. It's the banter that makes Uncharted characters truly special & unique.

Totally agree but I doubt it's actually the multiplayer teams choice in the matter. I'm sure they'd love to, but I'm also sure they also have a budget they're given by the higher ups. New characters would be great and I think we really need them but I'd definitely be willing to compromise.

Also as its been mentioned a million times, 10 relics per win is a horrible reward. I really hope they realize and change it accordingly.

Grinchy

Banned
IMO, this game needs 2 things that are never going to happen:

1. Separate buttons for roll and cover. Trying to roll away from the action results way too often in just sticking to a random wall or object nearby.

2. Completely remove hip fire. If you aren't holding L2, your gun doesn't shoot. I just can't imagine that anyone intended for the ballerinas who spin around in circles while holding R2 to have so much success. You should have to actually aim your gun in a shooter, otherwise, what's the point? (I'm not talking about blindfire from behind cover)

ThisOne

1. Separate buttons for roll and cover. Trying to roll away from the action results way too often in just sticking to a random wall or object nearby.

2. Completely remove hip fire. If you aren't holding L2, your gun doesn't shoot. I just can't imagine that anyone intended for the ballerinas who spin around in circles while holding R2 to have so much success. You should have to actually aim your gun in a shooter, otherwise, what's the point? (I'm not talking about blindfire from behind cover)

Completely agree on your first point. It gets really frustrating.

Disagree on your second point.

They should have a press/hold button functionality for roll/cover.

I bet you're the type who sits behind cover in the single player. :p

This is Uncharted, not Socom. Hipfire is the soul of the game. Honestly, I've felt like aiming has always been superior to the hipfire. It feels like people just don't ever go for headshots or something.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Every "try hard" party I've come across with are just running around hip firing the MP34 or P90. It's annoying especially the P90 since it takes forever to reload due to that clip size. I dunno, I still think some guns need major adjustments when it comes to it.

And I'll say this again: indra with slow motion mod needs major fixing....

Every "try hard" party I've come across with are just running around hip firing the MP34 or P90. It's annoying especially the P90 since it takes forever to reload due to that clip size. I dunno, I still think some guns need major adjustments when it comes to it.

And I'll say this again: indra with slow motion mod needs major fixing....

I don't think you've met many decent parties.

Most of the matches I've played against master level players end up focusing on drawn out long ranged gunfights. Blindfire rarely features. If people do place close quarter pressure they usually aim. Aimed fire has a faster time to kill than blindfire, because you have the potential to make all of the bullets land on target.

Blindfire features much more at low level play disorganised teams provide the opposition with space and time to get in close. Higher level matches rarely provide that kind of opportunity. I do think Indra needs fixing though. They need to straight up remove the extra 30% slow, being stuck in an Indra without it is bad enough, with it, it's overpowered and invalidates the use of alternative mystical picks like the El Dorado.

Oh wow, did you guys have another really laggy game or did everyone decide to call it a night when I left to go to sleep?

I'll be honest, that was probably the most coordinated little team I've been on and I play with another group of gaffers all the time. Of course, we're all pretty individualistic in our approach when we play because we're still on that UC2 kick.

I think we're probably talking about the same match.

Couldn't even tell if they were good or not because myself and Kyle were only able to move and shoot back some of the time. So as soon as they got close they would have run through us because it was functionally a 3 vs 5, and it wasn't much better at range either. Getting stuck out of cover because of white plugging, I go down, you guys revive, and then they use that opportunity to push with Indra. Even if I was gotten up in time, it's not like I could do much to help push them back.

Like I say, it just wasn't competitively valid because of the network conditions, and as they seemed to have host on their side (none of them were white plugging on my screen) they would have had a pretty steep advantage in straight up gunfights, before even considering the fact that two of our team might not be able to shoot back.

Foxxsoxx

I don't think you've met many decent parties.

Most of the matches I've played against master level players end up focusing on drawn out long ranged gunfights. Blindfire rarely features.

Blindfire features much more at low level play disorganised teams provide the opposition with space and time to get in close. Higher level matches rarely provide that kind of opportunity. I do think Indra needs fixing though. They need to straight up remove the extra 30% slow, being stuck in an Indra without it is bad enough, with it, it's overpowered and invalidates the use of alternative mystical picks like the El Dorado.

I think we're probably talking about the same match.

Couldn't even tell if they were good or not because myself and Kyle were only able to move and shoot back some of the time. So as soon as they got close they would have run through us because it was functionally a 3 vs 5, and it wasn't much better at range either. Getting stuck out of cover because of white plugging, I go down, you guys revive, and then they use that opportunity to push with Indra. Even if I was gotten up in time, it's not like I could do much to help push them back.

Like I say, it just wasn't competitively valid because of the network conditions, and as they seemed to have host on their side (none of them were white plugging on my screen) they would have had a pretty steep advantage in straight up gunfights, before even considering the fact that two of our team might not be able to shoot back.

Yeah the 30% decrease needs to simply be taken out and replaced or have a drawback of having the time it is active decreased by a few seconds.

As for blindfire, I really don't find it to be a problem. It rarely downs me and only the XCR is really even decent at it.

1. Man I agree so much, and it's a shame that it continues to ruin the MP. A majority of deaths honestly come from this lame ass tired problem.

And the thing is, they could probably very easily do it too with L1. Why not make holding square= charged melee? That would free up L1. There had to have been a better solution than what we constantly end up with.

1. Man I agree so much, and it's a shame that it continues to ruin the MP. A majority of deaths honestly come from this lame ass tired problem.

And the thing is, they could probably very easily do it too with L1. Why not make holding square= charged melee? That would free up L1. There had to have been a better solution than what we constantly end up with.
Honestly just need more buttons, or more remapping in general. L1 is also rope throw, which causes issues when you try to melee charge and throw the rope instead. Definitely agree that cover/roll being same button is an issue, though, as I've died plenty of times because I'm rolling around like a nut before taking cover.

Also, triangle is for teasure, picks up your gear, and also revives people. Becomes an annoyance when 2 or 3 of these are in the same area.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I feel like too many people see hipfire as a gameplay choice. It's not a choice. There are situations where hipfire (and blindfire) are explicitly going to be better than aimed fire. Learn to use it.

Also, I have some very angry words for ranked, but I'm going to keep most of them inside.

All I'll say is that Naughty Dog should create an algorithm that at least makes some loose attempt to pair randoms with randoms and groups with groups. And I think that if a player on the losing team scores the same as the third best player on the winning team, they shouldn't lose any ranking points. If they score the same as or better than the top two players on the winning team, they should gain ranking points, albeit a lesser amount. If a player scores well despite a bad team or because ND's matchmaking is lousy, he/she should not be punished. The system, as it stands, is simply not fair.

I feel like too many people see hipfire as a gameplay choice. It's not a choice. There are situations where hipfire (and blindfire) are explicitly going to be better than aimed fire. Learn to use it.

I disagree with this generally. I mean it depends on the weapon but with some you can place your shots and hit every bullet on the target.

Let's take the AK for instance (an all around average weapon), up close you could use aimed fire, or you could blindfire. The learning curve for blindfire makes it easier to a higher percentage of shots on the target, but not necessarily more effective. Both have the potential for 100% accuracy, but one option has that accuracy determined by your ability, the other lets the game aim for you and hopes for a good hit percentage.

I prefer to have the outcome of my encounters determined by my ability, something I can practice and develop, rather than the games built in auto-aim system. I find manual aiming more effective.

Of course, to an extent you're right, if my playstyle was built around blindfiring and I was running an XCR loadout, I think the recoil is too great to justify not using blindfire when you can get very high accuracy without aiming, versus challenging recoil and subsequent low accuracy while aiming. But for the typical player, those that like to use weapons like pistols, assault rifles, and the more controllable sub machine guns, I feel that blindfire is certainly a choice, and generally one that they would benefit from avoiding at least most of the time.

Foxxsoxx

Just got casual Drake skin from the dumb app, not even sure if getting France Sully would be worth it, he was my favorite skin in U3.

Top Bottom