• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Falchion

Just started chapter 6 when I decided to call it quits tonight. It seems to be flying by but I'm sure the chapters will get longer as the game continues. I liked the NeoGaf shout out
the layout of the forum that Sam shows Drake with the cross
and the look of Elena when
I didn't beat her high score in Crash Bandicot was amazing.

This game already has me feeling stuff and it's barely begun.

p3n

The ending/epilogue is better than the hypothetical and nebulous perfect ending I pictured in my head before playing it.

Well done, Naughty Dogs, well done.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Hollyshit, dat madagascar level. Mind completely blown.

Chapter 10, I am going to sleep now, enough for today.

jb1234

Just played through the first four chapters. It's okay but I'm finding myself kinda bored. The gameplay has consisted of either running, jumping from ledge to ledge (always my least favorite part of these games) or occasionally punching dudes a bunch. I'm sure it'll pick up soon but it was an hour and a half where my attention was wavering.

It goes without saying that the graphics and cinematics are top-notch. Not impressed with Jackman's score (but I'm not impressed with Jackman in general).

leng jai

This the Witcher 3 all over again for me honestly. The visuals, storytelling and characters are all 10/10 but then I feel like the gameplay is only mediocre. Chapter 4 had one of the greatest moments I've ever experienced in a videogame, and then I go back to the platforming which I almost have to force myself to get through at times.

It's better that way than having your AI partner constantly giving away your location. If that was the case the amount of complaints would triple in regards to your partner.

It's honestly not a big deal, but it's just surprising that for two games in a row now Naughty Dog is firing on pretty much all cylinders except for its ability to program partners that chill the fuck out.

MilesTeg

Banned
Also i agree with the storytelling being the best ever. This is the first time in forever that i actually care about the story in a video game. Simply unmatched.

One thing i dont like is when drake is having mini conversations with people if you rotate the camera you can no longer hear what the person is saying. Very odd. Its distracting and imo should be patched.

Anyway im on chapter 9. Game is great so far.

Check your audio settings.

If you set to surround sound without actually having output to surround sound that can happen. The channels are going nowhere.

Finishing tonight having just reached chapter 9. The story so far is incredible, the best in a video game. I can appreciate the slow pace, fleshing out the story for the first chapters but I don't know if that is a good thing for multiple playthroughs.

Chapter 8 was the first chapter with some super meaty gameplay. The dynamics from combat to platformimg to exploration in this chapter are balanced perfectly. I love how the combat arenas are open. There really are dozens of way to tackle each situation.

And yes, the enemy AI is the smartest I have ever seen in a video game bar none. They will rush, fall back, coordinate, flank, spread out, move quickly and cover ground when searching etc. amazing stuff.

Stellar so far. Hopefully I can make this last another 2 solid play sessions.

Kei-

So I have 53 gigs free and my PS4 is telling me there isn't enough space to install the game. Physical copy btw. When I first put in the disc, it asked me to free up 18gb, I've since freed up about 25gb and no go, wth?

I have deleted all my download notifications as well. Any idea howto fix this?

Edit: Restarted the console and it's updating now. It's a 5gb update, so no idea why I needed to even clear anything, had about 30gbs free when I first inserted the disc.

Loving this so far through 8? chapters. Love how much TLOU there is in the game. The writing and structure have been very good so far as well.

The Crash Bandicoot section was legit one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile. It put a giant goddamn smile on my face. Glad that it wasn't something I knew about going in. Loved the banter throughout that.

Also the section in the attic right before that with the toy gun had me rolling. Loved it.

I want to bring up the sound design. It's amazing. All of the environment sounds are just perfect and layered and detailed and I love it. Soundtrack has been the most memorable for me so far, too (just a couple of hours in, though).

I always appreciate when I can actually turn up my volume and not have it feel overbearing, even when shit hits the fan. IMO that is a true sign of great sound design. Agreed 100%.

Best music in the series so far.

Neiteio

I've only played through the first 2 chapters at the moment, decided to make a quick video after completing chapter 2, graphics are gorgeous. Video quality's not that good, using the built-in capture on the PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR1Ec4UgxTM
You did that with the PS4's Share feature? How did you get those camera angles? And I'm guessing you edited it together on your computer, right? ShareFactory usually inserts shit between each scene.

CaptainKashup

Neo Member
Hey, am I the only one that's really disappointed by the "bonuses" ?
Especially the skins.
I mean, what were they thinking ? In Uncharted 1, 2 and the whole UC Collection, we could be any character we wanted to be.

Uncharted 4 ?
"yo you can choose a skin for each character lol but not yourself, that's cool tho isn't it ?"

Also take a moment to relax during your pirate adventure
26877489931_238a1743a1_b.jpg

The Lamp

Hey, am I the only one that's really disappointed by the "bonuses" ?
Especially the skins.
I mean, what were they thinking ? In Uncharted 1, 2 and the whole UC Collection, we could be any character we wanted to be.

Uncharted 4 ?
"yo you can choose a skin for each character lol but not yourself, that's cool tho isn't it ?"

Probably because the cutscenes are animated with in-game models and they don't have the mocap of say Nadine reciting Nate's lines.

Oneself

Good God, started playing tonight, couldn't put the controller down. It looks so damn amazing. It's like The Order but with great gameplay and story. And hours.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
lol is that,
Guybrush Threepwood?
(Chapter 11)

Duuude, I'm glad I was not the only one who thought that.
Blue jacket, blonde, name starts with Guy, and they don't know about him? It's gotta be him.

Karak

It feels weird knowing this is the last one when i feel like it finally became the game it needed to be and in the end always wanted to be. It will be great to see what these guys make but I can't say I am not really disappointed I wont be seeing Drake anymore.

antitrop

This is the Uncharted I've always wanted. Only up to Ch7 so far, but I'm not done for the night, yet. I've never yelled "Oh my God!" at the TV so many times that wasn't out of frustration, but awe.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely, the car additions enhanced the experience, and the improvement of the shooting/exploration ratio, plus the new traversal mechanics made it better and the best Uncharted game for me.

That's nothing. It's actually nothing.

And I'm only at like Chapter 14 and can literally tell you......... you've seen nothing :)

There is no game released anywhere that is as impressive as this game. There is so much to say about so many aspects of the experience, but I don't want to spoil even the slightest element.

What they have done with all the little things to make the larger picture come together though, not just the graphics or anything........ it's just fucking remarkable.

A true milestone in the development of videogames. Every other game.... eat your heart out. Naughty Dog has walked the walk.

You're only at Chapter 14? You've yet to see the whole big picture! ;)

Neiteio

My copy is in but I'm busy tonight, so I won't play until tomorrow. Super-stoked to start, though!

I already have plans for a photo thread appreciating a certain detail no one else cares about, lol.

OneUh8

I am at some point in the middle of chapter 8. calling it a night. game is a masterpiece. and for those saying that they find the early chapters boring, I just don't understand that. the story and characters have pulled me in. better than lots of movies. bravo ND thus far. storytelling and the way you can feel characters emotions because of how well the models and animations are done. amazing.

Made it to Chapter 8 in my first day with Uncharted.

I keep taking screenshots during cutscenes and I'm just dumbfounded how fucking good this game looks.

I want to play more...but I don't want the adventure to be over by Friday :/

Oh sooo torn.

KiraXD

okay i MUST be doing something wrong because the shooting is fucking terrible... i have aim sensitivity set to 0 else i cant line up shots accurately, Aim-assist is set to 10, although setting it to 0 seems to have no effect... so what does it even do? auto-lock is stupid... again you cant be accurate (headshots) it just centers it on an enemy, and if theyre behind cover and their head pops out... it just stays locked to their center mass....

Is something messed up? i thought aim-assist causes a small "snap-to" and "follow" like the auto lock does but waaaaaaaaay less subtle... like if i aim slightly next to a dude it will pull the reticle to him.

TheXbox

Just finished. It's a masterpiece. Wouldn't reccomend playing on Hard for a first play through, though. Some of the late encounters are a little overcooked.

I stopped midway through chapter six.

I need to study for finals and it finally hit me that this is the last ride. It's funny, I graduate in a few days and I'm more emotional about this game than my own graduation.

Just finished playing about 10 hours today. Not sure what chapter, but I'm at the part
after you crash your boat in the storm from the beginning.
What a game. Loving every second of it so far.

Doesn't have the insane bombast of the set pieces from 2/3, they're just more grounded, but almost just as impactful I think.

Top Bottom