• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

The Lamp

I just have to say that playing this game without subtitles makes a huge difference. If you're not distracted looking at text you can pay close attention to the mouths and faces, and you notice that very rarely does Naughty Dog mess a single expression up.

VanWinkle

I want to bring up the sound design. It's amazing. All of the environment sounds are just perfect and layered and detailed and I love it. Soundtrack has been the most memorable for me so far, too (just a couple of hours in, though).

nikos

Been playing for a few days and just finished. The game is a masterpiece. 10/10. I don't usually replay games, but I may have to revisit this one at some point.

It's so good that my girlfriend would ask me to play when she got home from work so that she could see where the story went. Time to purchase the collection and put her to work.

M.W.

Stopped once I got to chapter 6.

I'm floored. I already deem this a masterpiece, and I know it only gets better. Good god.

McBryBry

There's a little moment in chapter 4 when
you played the "video game" and then after finished, the view change to Nate and Elena sitting in the couch
. At that time I'm wondering how far we've come in videogame technology. 20 years gap of technology.. just wow..

I had the EXACT thought. When it switched over, I was shocked for a second because it really punched me in the face.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So got up to chapter 7 and really move the entire opening sequence and set up. Was not at all expecting what sets of Nates latest adventure. The shooting gameplay is great as well if for nothing else that the enemies aren't bullet sponges

LowParry

It seems there's less shooting than the others with puzzles and cutscenes. At least that's how it feels cause you plow through enemies so quickly.

jacobeid

Banned
I want to bring up the sound design. It's amazing. All of the environment sounds are just perfect and layered and detailed and I love it. Soundtrack has been the most memorable for me so far, too (just a couple of hours in, though).

Yes, I completely agree. I was very happy to see a sound profile for studio reference headphones. Thank you ND :)

Also, fuck this game is incredible.

McBryBry

Earlier today I was able to get to Chapter
, all the way to the
power room
. Haven't done anything in it though.

Now I'm at work, waiting for this Cardinals game to end. I have to cut up plays for tomorrow's radio shows, and baseball is so painfully slow after I started loving hockey last season.

I just wanna go home and play Uncharted until sunrise...

Edited for spoilers, totally forgot... Sorry guys.

Bruuuuuuh. This is amazing!

That's nothing. It's actually nothing.

And I'm only at like Chapter 14 and can literally tell you......... you've seen nothing :)

There is no game released anywhere that is as impressive as this game. There is so much to say about so many aspects of the experience, but I don't want to spoil even the slightest element.

What they have done with all the little things to make the larger picture come together though, not just the graphics or anything........ it's just fucking remarkable.

A true milestone in the development of videogames. Every other game.... eat your heart out. Naughty Dog has walked the walk.

FTF

Played about 3 hours, into chapter 6, and it's freakin incredible! Thank you ND on another amazing game so far! And I share the enthusiasm that others have had on the prior chapters, especially 4 and the first 2 chapters. Just so, so good. Can't wait to play some more over the next coming days/weekend. Then I will most likely start it all over again for a treasure/trophy run.

PreFire

These have to be the best, if not one of the best, graphics on a console game to date. I'm not counting cinematic games (Ryse, The order) because I don't consider those to be games because of the full on QTE ( yes Uncharted has those elements but not a lot )

The interiors in this game are mind blowing realistic. Fucking textures look so good. Facial expressions are on another level.. I've taken like 200MB of screenshots already.

When you play
as your younger self
and walk around your
home
, the details are fucking crazy.

Tbh, I don't care about the story at this point.. Just drooling. And holy fuck you get to
play Crash Bandicoot

The scene with him and
his wife felt so real. They have great chemistry. They're truly in love and are basically made for each other. She better not fucking die lol

Just sucks I didn't get to finish my uncharted collection (lent it and still haven't gotten it back) so I really don't get the references and
question options about it

Lingitiz

I don't think I realized how much I love this series as a whole until the early moments of this game. Just so many good callbacks and tastefully drawing on the series history. Really feels like it's grown up.

These have to be the best, if not one of the best, graphics on a console game to date. I'm not counting cinematic games (Ryse, The order) because I don't consider those to be games because of the full on QTE ( yes Uncharted has those elements but not a lot )

Why not count those games? I mean, Uncharted 4 looks better than them, so you might as well.

Jonboy

Been playing for a few days and just finished. The game is a masterpiece. 10/10. I don't usually replay games, but I may have to revisit this one at some point.

It's so good that my girlfriend would ask me to play when she got home from work so that she could see where the story went. Time to purchase the collection and put her to work.

FYI, there's a PS Gold Headset preset that came out today as well. Sounds incredible.

Polarburr

I actually feel something for Drake in the opening three hours that I never felt for him in the past three games put together. It's so weird, he's so much more fleshed out, I find myself smiling in certain scenes, he's so much more.....i dunno, human? The whole game is a work of art.

This. This is exactly what I felt in the first few chapters.

VanWinkle

This is easily the best storytelling in a game ever. It doesn't even feel like it's trying to mimic a movie, either. It's just...it's own thing. It's cinematic, of course, but it's more than that. More than any other cinematic game, it deeply understands and takes advantage of the medium. It could try to copy storytelling like a movie and be done with it, but ND didn't want to stop there. It's beyond anything I've ever seen.

Chapter 4 is probably the best and most emotionally resonating interactive experience I've had in all my time with games.

j-wood

Good god, this game is amazing.

I never thought I cared about Drake this much. I'm up to chapter 7, but I have to say, no question, that Drake is a mascot of the Playstation brand for me.

I'm only a few hours in but it all comes together so perfectly. Incredible graphics, great sound, excellent balance of action, adventure and story. Some of the best acting I've ever seen in a game. I have never enjoyed cut scenes so much!
I actually had to pause and re-watch the whole scene at home with Elena before I could continue! I finally have Crash Bandicoot on my PS4! ;-)
What a ride this is going to be!

Kyrios

My only reaction so far in the first 2 hours with this game:

2qvH25A.jpg

ButchCat

Bit of a slow intro. Graphics are insane though.

I really hope they don't focus too much on fist fights. I don't think melee is UC's strong point.
Absolutely this, I'm fairly early In the game and there's one encounter in particular that just made me despise it because of how much of a clusterfuck it can become. Everything else is near flawless.

zsynqx

Absolutely this, I'm fairly early In the game and there's one encounter in particular that just made me despise it because of how much of a clusterfuck it can become. Everything else is near flawless.

No more group fist fights after the first couple of chapters.

muteki

Stopped just before chapter 6 I think. Seemed like a good spot.

I can understand the comments about the slow start, but even without much action it is hard keeping your jaw off the floor looking at everything else.

This is easily the best storytelling in a game ever. It doesn't even feel like it's trying to mimic a movie, either. It's just...it's own thing. It's cinematic, of course, but it's more than that. More than any other cinematic game, it deeply understands and takes advantage of the medium. It could try to copy storytelling like a movie and be done with it, but ND didn't want to stop there. It's beyond anything I've ever seen.

Chapter 4 is probably the best and most emotionally resonating interactive experience I've had in all my time with games.

Yes, absolutely yes, to the bolded. Yes.

This game uses this medium in ways that I would never have expected for years, if not tens of years from now. The production quality and attention to detail is completely out of this world.

And fuck yea Chapter 4 is great.

MilesTeg

Banned
One thing i dont like is when drake is having mini conversations with people if you rotate the camera you can no longer hear what the person is saying. Very odd. Its distracting and imo should be patched.

Anyway im on chapter 9. Game is great so far.

xviper

finished the game, GOTY 2016, this is the ending Uncharted series deserves it's so perfect and easily the best in the series

One thing i dont like is when drake is having mini conversations with people if you rotate the camera you can no longer hear what the person is saying. Very odd. Its distracting and imo should be patched.

Anyway im on chapter 9. Game is great so far.
Are your audio settings set wrong? I don't Have that problem

Top Bottom